User Tag List

Page 337 of 342 FirstFirst ... 237287327335336337338339 ... LastLast
Results 16,801 to 16,850 of 17058

Thread: News of the day

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Homophobes. I don't think people have quite grasped how much of this all is about really fucking hating gay people even though you're not allowed to anymore. So you have to create fake outrage that's not directly calling gay people slurs to get your anger out.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Emia View Post
    Do we think that if Nike were in charge they would have they do a ‘playful update’ of the Top Ireland, Scotland or Wales flag?

But on the other side who really gives a fuck apart from black cab drivers and Millwall/West Ham fans? The actual England football badge is on there, that hasn’t been changed.
    Fuck Nike, Adidas or we go with O'Neill's.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Homophobes. I don't think people have quite grasped how much of this all is about really fucking hating gay people even though you're not allowed to anymore. So you have to create fake outrage that's not directly calling gay people slurs to get your anger out.
    Ah so maybe Chelsea fans as well as West Ham and Millwall fans then?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should make the away kit full rainbow.
    And the flat they’ve done is better than the actual flag.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only flag I believe in.

His SEETHE about that made it all the sweeter.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    His SEETHE about that made it all the sweeter.
    First they came for Tony Khan, and I said nothing because I didn't wank dogs...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the biggest flagshag could get behind that going on the England shirt.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a government thing or just a modern Instagram etc thing that you're all such unpatriotic twats?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Is it a government thing or just a modern Instagram etc thing that you're all such unpatriotic twats?
    Have you seen the state of this country for the last 50 years or so? Would be like singing a Pledge of Allegiance to my wheely bin to start the day.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Na I really want us to be BACK and not Arsenal BACK but properly BACK like when we used to “rule the fucking world.”

In all seriousness anyone over the age of 50 has spent the last 40 years pining for a better time which coincidently was before the UK was in the EU so they’ve got their own way and it’s turned out to be just as shit now(if not even maybe quite a bit shitter) than it was before. All the stuff that was the EU’s fault has probably turned out not to be their fault and actually can be laid at the door of just how shit the country has become.

Maybe the answer is that we need to recreate the Empire maybe that was the last time we were actually any good. Perhaps then I’d feel a bit more patriotic.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't like England but we have to?

To clarify: I like my country. The countryside, my family, my neighbours, the depth of history, the music etc.

I am not a huge fan of what many of our ruling elites have done. From the Empire, to the break up of the empire, to the various bullshit wars we've been Yank lapdogs for. Poverty is increasing. While at the same time the rich are getting richer. As a consequence, many of us aren't feeling particularly INGERLUNDy at the moment.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 22-03-2024 at 07:55 PM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This would only work if the flag change was a deliberate political message, which would make all of the supposedly pointless OUTRAGE actually justified.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you take like a large hit to the head sometime in the last few years?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did you say homophobes specifically are annoyed and not racists or Catholics?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because they're all calling it a woke, gay flag despite it having nothing to do with any symbolism whatsoever, Lewis, you fucking daftie.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did they change it for then? Seems like a weird thing to do, and then highlight with the second post of their online announcement, if it was completely meaningless.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here this out, lads. Four lions on the chest. Rubber dinghy rapids, bruv.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    What did they change it for then? Seems like a weird thing to do, and then highlight with the second post of their online announcement, if it was completely meaningless.
    Because its a graphic designer doing something different for flair. Just like they did for the Brazil flag. And the Scotland flag. And the hundreds of thousands of times it's been done to the flag across hundreds of thousands of brands you absolute numpty.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the flagrant disrpect of OTHER PEOPLES NATIONS going on

You're an odious little toad, who hasn't had an original thought in a decade. Grab a pint of milk and get in the bin.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did Nike make Scotland kits? What did they do to the Brazil flag? Why are you conflating all these things as being the same?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More disgusting woke nonsense from corporations that should be true patriots, Umbro.

We used to be a country. It's a fucking emblem, it gets remixed to fit a design. All the time. Every day. I'm off to sing Rule Brittania at the bin.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did Umbro announce that design? Did they call it a 'playful update' and suggest that the current flag was lacking in particular politicised platitudes?

I don't even care about the kit, since I won't be buying one, but why refuse to even accept the possibility that they meant what some people think they meant? I appreciate that the idea of large corporations having identical politics to you, original thinker, is difficult, but if they came out tomorrow and said 'yeah lol we gayed the flag up what you gonna do?' you would be frothing over it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britain is still as patriotic as ever, it's just that for some unknown reason we've been instructed to channel most of it into the celebration of a useless health system and the fact that some non-white people now live here, which understandably doesn't go down great everywhere.

If Vlad bombs Norwich tonight we'll all be in our Union Jack (with correct colours) flak jackets within the hour.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did they gay up the flag you gigantic incel

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've finally got round to seeing the England 1966 training gear and erm ... I think it's a bit tenuous. It looks a lot more LGBT than the red-white-and-blue gear those guys wore.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The famous LGBT rainbow I can see it now, it goes dark red, red, blue, dark blue and pink.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christ, I've only just bothered to look at this flag nonsense since having now spanned 3 pages of this thread I'd assumed it must be something momentous.

How can anyone's life be so devoid of meaning that they can bring themselves to care about shit like this? It's a stupid fucking logo on a football shirt. Even if it was the mega-gayest-transest St George's flag imaginable (it isn't) who fucking cares. Put it over a silhouette of Winston Churchill getting bummed by Donald Trump for all I care. It doesn't matter.
    Last edited by randomlegend; 22-03-2024 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair to Lewis and his troglodyte views. You wouldn't understand how dangerous it is that corporations are trying to turn the world gay because you've already dedicated yourself to a life of making chocolate and enjoying fancy tasting menus. Definitely not caused by an undercurrent of Homophobia though!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Britain is still as patriotic as ever, it's just that for some unknown reason we've been instructed to channel most of it into the celebration of a useless health system and the fact that some non-white people now live here, which understandably doesn't go down great everywhere.

If Vlad bombs Norwich tonight we'll all be in our Union Jack (with correct colours) flak jackets within the hour.
    You might be out but Randrew and me will be dead.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair to Lewis and his troglodyte views. You wouldn't understand how dangerous it is that corporations are trying to turn the world gay because you've already dedicated yourself to a life of making chocolate and enjoying fancy tasting menus. Definitely not caused by an undercurrent of Homophobia though!
    I don't know whether it is a deliberate political statement. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. I just think that the prominence that they initially gave to a supposedly inconsequential detail, and the use of that weird NGO-speak that you literally only ever hear in highly-politicised settings, makes me think, on balance, that they initially intended it to be one. Why are you, somebody who normally likes to present themselves as being a weary sceptic, so unwilling to entertain the possibility that maybe they did mean something by it?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who fucking cares if they did.

I just bought a new stethoscope and I got a pink sparkly one. Gaying up the NHS. Umadbro?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay in this world where I'm a sceptic that thinks corporations are trying to turn the frogs gay. Why is it different colors on the away kit? Surely if they were comitted to this bit about making people wear the gay shirt they would have focus grouped the ideal gay colour combination that isn't quite gay enough for you to notice unless you're a true patriot such as yourself. They had to ask permission for this, is the FA also in on the plan to make people gay?

And then if they were trying to imply gayness, why not go the whole way, why would they stop at those famous rainbow colours of 2 shades of red, 2 shades of blue and pin?

Or maybe you're just a little on edge and afraid of colours for some reason that definitely isn't to do with being weirded out by gay people.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news Tom Skinner has said he doesn’t like the new flag. I might have to change my views on giving a shit. Bosh…

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The away kit doesn't have the flag detail does it?

Like I said, I'm hardly dead convinced on it. I just think that it probably was meant to be something. The idea that the FA, who have thoroughly compromised and embarrassed themselves over the last few years embracing contentious political causes, were on board is hardly far-fetched either. Why do you think that thinking that this is possible is akin to believing that 'corporations are trying to turn the frogs gay'?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd never heard of this person and google immediately got me here

And now I'm strapping on a Union Jack (with all the rainbow colours not just 3 of them) Suicide Vest to go blow up his house.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    The away kit doesn't have the flag detail does it?

Like I said, I'm hardly dead convinced on it. I just think that it probably was meant to be something. The idea that the FA, who have thoroughly compromised and embarrassed themselves over the last few years embracing contentious political causes, were on board is hardly far-fetched either. Why do you think that thinking that this is possible is akin to believing that 'corporations are trying to turn the frogs gay'?
    Call me a world weary cynic but I think the company with a 140 billion dollar market cap is more interested in making money than appealing to a market that makes up 3% of the population.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That pie looks drier than an orgy at a WASPI protest.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd never heard of this person and google immediately got me here

And now I'm strapping on a Union Jack (with all the rainbow colours not just 3 of them) Suicide Vest to go blow up his house.
    Drinking an 'Italian' beer owned by a Danish company as well. Fucking disgrace to the nation.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beans in a ramekin.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell this bloke has loads of fans. I'm looking through the replies and had to take off my Suicide Vest because this is going to have to take a wider, more strategic and violent plan.

Poor Mike Moyes here appears to be a year older than me with a hairline hanging on for it's life. The kid seems innocent enough but she'll probably be gay by 12 so may as well off her too to save my country.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Charlie quoting the one liner of the decade there.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call me a world weary cynic but I think the company with a 140 billion dollar market cap is more interested in making money than appealing to a market that makes up 3% of the population.
    Why has football embraced all of the rainbow flag stuff to the extent that FIFA, and not Adidas and Nike, had to squash its use in Qatar? Money matters and weight of demographic numbers ought to have ruled that out, and yet... Do you genuinely not think that large corporations have very publicly championed particular social politics to the extent that any of this is possible?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Charlie quoting the one liner of the decade there.
    I was going to screenshot the sheer amount of people going 'FUCKING HELL TOM YA CANT SAY THAT ABOUT HER COOKING, YOU'LL BE ON THE COUCH *various laughing emojis*' and I ran out of space on my iphone.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do enjoy his missives, even if he'll be dead from a heart attack within ten years with some of the breakfasts he posts. 4,000 calories before 7am.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cardiac Arrest. Bosh.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only flag I believe in.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Kate has cancer. I get the need to want to keep it relatively quiet - but they really did fuck this up from a PR point of view.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This flag debacle has detracted from the model (an AI generated model) is very sweaty and has the thickest neck in the world.

Also, lol at the community note. And lol at Lewis for thinking this is anything more than a creative person messing around, as they have for all of these Nike international releases.
    Last edited by John Arne; 24-03-2024 at 02:41 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the immigrants trying to take our flag.