User Tag List

Page 235 of 238 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237 ... LastLast
Results 11,701 to 11,750 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that he's already being talked about as possibly winning and he's barely started on going after a Man, who, let's face it, is an OAP with cognitive functions that are visibly deteriorating on a daily basis tells you all you need to know about how this is going to end up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Young dynamic go getter, Donald Trump.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Didn't Biden actually win by quite a large margin last time? And whilst Trump's subsequent travails have led his base to double down, the vast swathes of not mental Americans aren't going to vote for him. Also, despite everything isn't America doing really well economically, so it feels like the stimulus for chaotic change is perhaps lessened.
    Can't speak to the margins, but wasn't Trump massive favourite right up until he went full loon on Covid? That isn't an issue now.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    You sound like you'd cry if someone played the 'Got your Nose' trick on you to this day if you believe that.
    It's not about the veracity of the statement but if you want to compare on that front, once again Trump > Biden.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Young dynamic go getter, Donald Trump.
    It's basically a choice between an OAP riddled with Alzheimer's and an absolute psychopath, so not particularly great whichever way you cut it. How the hell it's got to that, two elections running, is the real question. Our system imploded because everyone even vaguely competent in government legged it after brexit/the other parties held a useless position, what's the US's excuse?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Can't speak to the margins, but wasn't Trump massive favourite right up until he went full loon on Covid? That isn't an issue now.
    He probably would have won without covid, but that's because he was incumbent, things weren't that bad and he wasn't going to be facing some sort of paradigm shifting dynamo, quite the opposite. Now you have a different incumbent, albeit an uninspiring one, the country is doing well even if the world is falling apart around them, and Trump is an actual avowed on record maniac.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He probably would have won without covid, but that's because he was incumbent, things weren't that bad and he wasn't going to be facing some sort of paradigm shifting dynamo, quite the opposite. Now you have a different incumbent, albeit an uninspiring one, the country is doing well even if the world is falling apart around them, and Trump is an actual avowed on record maniac.
    That's as maybe, but he's going to go in so hard on Biden being unfit mentally to govern that Joe won't know what day it is, if that isn't the case already.

And I know people don't like to admit this (as if doing so somehow absolves Trump of all his other crimes, it doesn't) but he's incredible at appealing to people. I mean, look at this:

It's outstanding.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post

It's outstanding.
    Outstanding

Maybe to 9 year olds.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Outstanding

Maybe to 9 year olds.
    You see, you're doing exactly what the left do, which is to write something off as they don't understand it or it doesn't appeal to them, completely ignoring the millions upon millions of people (who crucially are also voters) that it does appeal to. It's an incredibly dangerous approach and leads to bad outcomes. If recent past history is anything to go by too then they never seem to learn from this either. In a country that's full of tub thumping, flag carrying patriots, a scene like the one in that video is a massive vote winner.

People can deny that all they want, but it's true and they'll lose again by doing so.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump changed how politics worked in the US, now I'm sure most of us and a lot of Americans too would love it to go back to the way it worked before (and it may well do if/when he's served his 2nd term) but that's not the situation they face now and you simply have to play the cards you're dealt if you want to win. Not doing so is simply being shit at the game you're in.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a showman, and if he could run the same campaign as he ran in 2020 in a now covid free environment I'd say he'd be in with a good chance, but all of the insurrection stuff, all of the court scandals regardless of their merit, all of the righteous vengeance stuff is just going to have put too many people off, particularly if most Americans/middle America aren't doing too bad under sleepy Joe.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inflation's still hit them and everyone feels poorer. And interest rates went up too.

Biden's senile which puts people off him and parts of the left aren't going to hold their nose and "vote blue no matter who" any more because of Israel/Gaza.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump is not banter really, he wants to dismantle US democracy and tbf, in a well functioning democracy he wouldn't be able to run considering he led an insurrection last time. But ultimately, Biden and Trump are both ancient and shouldn't be deciding the next 5 years of American policy - they could take a leaf from the French book.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking a leaf out of the French political handbook is probably the worst advice imaginable unless all you're after is machination, intrigue and backstabbing.

Look at the ongoing bantz between them and your adopted mob. It's like the ERM and the fight for control of the Bundesbank all over again. Germany to lose, again, whilst footing the bill for everything.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biden will easily win pop vote but Trump could take the college anyway.

As for France, putting the 30 something gay mafia in charge strikes me as a good way to ensure FN victory next time, or whatever they're called now. En Marche! is a good fascist party name but that's Macron's lot.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 17-01-2024 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still, at least Marine isn't 90 years old.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump is the odds on favourite right now.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're critical of Bidens age and mental faculties, which is fair enough, then you also have to look at Mr Woman Man Camera TV, fat fuck centaur dude in the same way. At which point you take the slightly doddery old guy over the obese head case.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, as a voter you can do absolutely anything you like, no matter the rationale. If one even exists.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. There's 3 years between them and Trump is misspeaks just as much as Biden. Despite the constant negative press, there are strong arguments to be made that Biden presidency has been massively successful.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we need a new one of these?

That's so good.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Trump is not banter really, he wants to dismantle US democracy
    Lmao.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good input.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Good input.
    Lmao.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I'd vote for Trump. If there's no good options, you may aswell just vote for the funniest possible outcome.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seethe if Trump dies before Biden

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9 months of absolute gold ahoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    The seethe if Trump dies before Biden
    Cage match!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's just ridiculously likeable for an absolute scumbag.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Lmao.
    What is "lmao" here? He literally tried to ignore/overturn an election result and just stay in power. Then incited an insurrection.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lmao.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is not some mastermind trying to "dismantle democracy," whatever that might mean. He is just some idiot having a banter and loving the attention.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think there are probably quite a few FSB men in his entourage, but he himself is just a rich prat who thinks (largely correctly) that he can do what he likes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like, when a footballer/manager blames the referee for a loss, he is not trying to dismantle the rules of the game or overthrow FIFA or whatever. He is just salty that he lost. It was the same for Trump.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will never be another Trump, will there? His kids aren't on his level and whoever the Elephants pick next won't hold a candle to his car-salesman shithousery.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't work out if the trolling is just him being him or if he has just worked out the best way to appeal to young(er predominantly) men that don't normally bother voting.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is not some mastermind trying to "dismantle democracy," whatever that might mean. He is just some idiot having a banter and loving the attention.
    Hypothetically, had the 'insurgents' taken over that building, then what? Would every state and institution have just shrugged and confirmed him the winner?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Blue Hairs would have marched on them and there would have been the funniest civil war in history.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's turned it up. Probably something he's picked up from The Apprentice and ran with.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    The Blue Hairs would have marched on them and there would have been the funniest civil war in history.
    Long live the covfeferacy.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    There will never be another Trump, will there? His kids aren't on his level and whoever the Elephants pick next won't hold a candle to his car-salesman shithousery.
    Truly wouldn’t surprise me if the Trump faithful turned to Donald Trump Jr. He’s equally as mental as his father so can see it happening.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump has charisma though, I think he genuinely has the ability to sway people in person because it's the only way he is able to keep stabbing people in the back after convincing them to bat for him. It can't be complete idiots all the way down.

I don't think his kids do, Ivanka has the most and that is just she is bangable, endorsed by her dad.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody said anything about him being a "mastermind". He's an idiot, but he's a dangerous idiot.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    There will never be another Trump, will there?
    Probably not. Has there been anyone comparable? Chavez might come close, with his hours-long radio shows and whatnot, but then he started as a military man, not as a reality tv host. I think Tronald will be a one of a kind.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I've never understood is what people see in him that makes them think that's the guy I want in charge of everything. He can't run a business, has the attention span of a toddler and spends half his life being average at golf. And that's before you get to his character, which is appalling. I can't see how anyone can look at him and think he cares about anyone's interest but his own which he has demonstrated a million times over. You'd like to think it isn't just his racism and misogyny that people have latched onto but if not that then what?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wider electorate maybe but he is an elite conman, as I said earlier I think one on one he would probably con a lot of people as just him being mental is quite disarming. I heard a podcast about some Aussie con man and people said he was like an illusionist that it worked if he focused on you but if you were spectating it you could see the con.

Trump has managed to distill his con for the masses, probably because he managed to convince a lot of those people through decades of being percieved as the world's go to rich guy (even Hollywood was once endorsing this, not just Home Alone 2 but Die Hard 3 - 'and I'm gonna marry Donald Trump!'). His brand is success and even though it's been exposed as fur coat and no knickers people don't care, a bit like how the guy from Catch Me If You Can was be proven to be full of shit and yet still gets booked to tell everyone his lies anyway.

It seems a calculated election move that the Republican southern states have been bussing border migrants to the northern states to increase pressure on the white house, who better to stop this than 'the wall guy' if that's your key issue?

I also think yanks are far less cynical and therefore more susceptible to this kind of hustle. A lad I know with no prospects or qualifications of note hustled his way over of the back of a one night stand and managed to get married, get a green card and get a job based on a presumably false CV because he is pretty senior at an IT company now. His brother has even gone over and repeated the trick. These are guys who were lolled out of interviews and rejected by any woman with half a brain here but they go over there and people just accept what they are saying without question.
    Last edited by Lofty; 18-01-2024 at 07:28 AM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, they are a nation of bullshitters and they all believe each other's bullshit.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not a "con man" really. He's just proving how impossible it is to fail if you're given a load of money.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other millionaires have tried running with comparably laughable results.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other millionaires/billionaires would kill to be as popular as he is. Musk especially. Especially when there is a lot of evidence suggesting Trump was never really as rich as he claimed and a lot of his business deals and acquisitions were the rich guy equivalent of kiting cheques.

A bit like how Forbes described being invited over to the Kardashian mansion for soapy titwanks if they endorsed Kylie Jenner as the world's youngest self made billionaire and concluded afterwards there was a lot of accounting smoke and mirrors involved.