User Tag List

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Years diet fred (No Tims allowed)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I started doing a 16/8 fast recently (ie all your eating comes in an 8 hour window). I don't know if it makes any difference to my weight but I already feel a bit better for it.
    I've been doing similar for years (basically skipping breakfast) and it's destroyed my metabolism. Suggest it'd be good for a month or two and then mix it back up so your body doesn't get used to it.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I started doing a 16/8 fast recently (ie all your eating comes in an 8 hour window). I don't know if it makes any difference to my weight but I already feel a bit better for it.
    I'm a big fan of intermittent fasting. Becoming somewhat fat-adapted does wonders for curbing hunger. When I was full keto about a year and a half ago I could walk around for hours and not eat all day and I was fine. Probably lost half a stone in two weeks.

I've failed to get anywhere near keto so many times in the last year or so. I'm probably actually at an acceptable weight at the moment, and I'm sure there are plenty of people that think I don't need to lose weight, but I hide it well and I really don't want to die without having ever been slim. Just one summer would be nice.

I think I just need to hide myself away for a while, but its the boredom at weekends that leads to drinking/eating and feeling tired all week then I make up for it with food. How do people go about getting hobbies they can spend hours and hours on? I just don't seem to care about anything. Even writing all this out, when I get paid on Thursday there's every chance I'll decide that its Christmas and I don't care about dieting.

This place is quite handy in that regard, though, as there are plenty of posters just waiting for any opportunity to put somebody down. A fat week where you gain a pound or two comes with great shame.

Anyway, lets do this. Summer 2019 is ours.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weighed 108.5kg yesterday, but late in the day and with clothes on. Think 100kg by April is a decent target.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a bit heavier than I'd like - 80kg last time I weighed. Would like to be down to 76 again.

Intermittent fasting is good for you but I've never bothered. Maybe in the new year.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    01/01/2019: 110.6kg

That's 2.1kg more than ten days ago, but truth be told I weighed pretty similar to the 10-day-old weight a couple of days ago and have just eaten shitloads since, so that'll drop right down by next weigh-in which might give me a little boost. I'll probably switch to Sunday weigh-ins as that's more likely to keep me out of trouble.

For the first time ever, I had quite a few people make comments about working out over Christmas. I do go to the gym relatively frequently, but nobody has ever said anything. I did start doing 5x5 reps on arms recently, which is probably the reason why, but regardless that's given me extra motivation to keep going in the gym. I'm gonna keep running too and try to organise weekend kick-abouts, though its a pain in the arse in winter. Then from Feb when I have money again I'll alternate kickboxing/6-a-side on Monday evenings.

Is anybody else joining FAT FIGHTERS?

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HI MATE

In readiness for NEW YEAR NEW IGOR, I basically allowed December to be a total cheat month. I know that's the case for everyone this time of year, but I fucking went for it. Drank shit loads, ate about 15 takeaways, randomly having 4 slices of toast at before bed, some days my lunch at work would be like a ASDA triple fat bastard wrap, a sausage roll and loads of crisps.

Just weighed myself and to my amazement I've only gone from ~12 stone to 12 stone 2.8 pounds. That's barely more than a KG gained. Piece of piss, lads.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck off, you smug wanker.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assumed I’d gain some pounds over December too but the horrible food poisoning I had a couple weeks ago and the subsequent decline in food libido means I’ve lost about 10 pounds this month, which I really didn’t need or want

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attempted to go for a run around some playing fields today. Probably the first time I've really tried to run outside in about 5 years.

Did not go well.

Think I'll try and stick with it every week or so and try and play some more football ie 5s. I do plenty weights but if I want to be a bit leaner I'll need to do some cardio.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've officially started. Put on about a stone over December, and 2 stone since the end of summer. I'm aiming to lose 3 stone by the summer, as I was a bit podgy when I got back from my holidays.

I can definitely go it if I go "all in", and I'm feeling super motivated right now. If I can keep it up for a fortnight, it will be plain sailing from there.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got weighed this morning, expecting the worst.

10 stone 4.

No worries there.

See you in the other threads, fatties.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesn't matter what you weigh, though, it's how you look. I'm only weighing myself in order to provide extra motivation through shaming.

I went gym yesterday and was okay after a couple weeks off. I've been on three runs since Christmas, though, and they've all been dreadful, but it'll come soon enough.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chicken, chips and crumble for lunch at work.

Fucked it, lads.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to bed famished last night. Painful stuff. Usually takes about 4 or 5 days until my stomach stops having a tantrum. Today has been better so far. No slip ups yet from me.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the biggest struggle for me. Tomorrow and Saturday I'll tackle it properly. I've had no carbs today, so I'm hoping that's prepared my body somewhat. I'll eat to get through work and then the real hell starts. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll end up crashing and burning if you go cold turkey doing this.

I track my calories, protein & fibre on My Fitness Pal and lift 3 times a week. Lost 3 stone in 6 months and still been able to have a life, it's been excellent.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using this odd half week as a transition into my diet starring properly on Monday.

Haven't been training or tracking my calories but I'm sticking to three decent meals a day and healthy snacks in between and plenty of water etc.

On Sunday I'll prep my breakfast and lunches for the working week and start tracking from Monday morning. Going to aim for 2,200 calories a day and try to gym 3 or 4 times a week.

Alcohol is always my biggest hurdle, end up getting pissed, eating shit and then the next day hungover either drinking again or eating a load more shit and not wanting to train. Going to try and keep my drinking down as much as possible for 6 weeks and then spend 6 weeks easing myself back into once I am more used to eating well and training.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drinking is the killer for me too. Not only is each beer about 200 odd calories, but like you said, it leads to me saying "Ah fuck it" and ordering a pizza or something.

I'm not tracking calories precisely, but I roughly know what I'm eating. I'm aiming for under 1200 per day for now, and will increase that to 1600 once I've made a bit of progress. I don't really get much exercise outside of walking the dog, but that's good for about 3 miles per day.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Using this odd half week as a transition into my diet starring properly on Monday.

Haven't been training or tracking my calories but I'm sticking to three decent meals a day and healthy snacks in between and plenty of water etc.

On Sunday I'll prep my breakfast and lunches for the working week and start tracking from Monday morning. Going to aim for 2,200 calories a day and try to gym 3 or 4 times a week.

Alcohol is always my biggest hurdle, end up getting pissed, eating shit and then the next day hungover either drinking again or eating a load more shit and not wanting to train. Going to try and keep my drinking down as much as possible for 6 weeks and then spend 6 weeks easing myself back into once I am more used to eating well and training.
    I was on 2200-2400 for the last 6 months or so. Have increased to maintenance calories (2800) over Christmas and probably the rest of this month just for a bit of a break.

Will see where I'm at then, could probably get a bit leaner before looking to add some on.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Drinking is the killer for me too. Not only is each beer about 200 odd calories, but like you said, it leads to me saying "Ah fuck it" and ordering a pizza or something.

I'm not tracking calories precisely, but I roughly know what I'm eating. I'm aiming for under 1200 per day for now, and will increase that to 1600 once I've made a bit of progress. I don't really get much exercise outside of walking the dog, but that's good for about 3 miles per day.
    Under 1200 is mental IMO, I can't see how you'll stick to that. Even 1600 will be too tough.

https://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

This will calculate how many calories you burn per day, and then you should just subtract 600 calories which should give you a loss of between 1 and 1.5 lbs per week.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Under 1200 is mental IMO, I can't see how you'll stick to that. Even 1600 will be too tough.

https://www.iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

This will calculate how many calories you burn per day, and then you should just subtract 600 calories which should give you a loss of between 1 and 1.5 lbs per week.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/1200isplenty/

It's not that mental if you're careful about what you eat. I never eat breakfast, have around 300 calories for lunch, 700ish for dinner, leaving 200 for snacks/drinks. Yesterday I had a 6 inch Turkey & Ham Subway for lunch, followed by tomato and chicken pasta in the evening. I had an apple in the morning and a banana in the evening for snacks.

Losing weight isn't that difficult for me once I get over the initial week or so. I lost around 5 stone a few years ago, but working from home and quitting squash/the gym has meant the weight has gradually crept back on over the years.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough, as I said above, I managed to lose about 1-1.5lbs per week steadily on around 2200-2400 calories a day which meant I could incorporate some treats in which made me a lot less likely to fall off the wagon.

If it works for you then happy days!

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Long term I need to learn some moderation. Once I get to my goal weight, I often end up eating like shit for the next month. As I said above, drinking is a big problem for me, as its useless calories and it leads to me eating even worse food. I need to teach myself how to moderate a bit better.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very similar to SvN. I can go into robot mode if motivated enough. I find it pretty easy on low carb, but drinking really fucks things up. I'm going to try and be as good as I can, but I've got a big weekend next weekend, then another couple in mid February. That's a decent window in-between to get things done, though, then going into March I can hopefully get a run of a couple months together.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    01/01/2019: 110.6kg
    06/01/2019: 110.3kg

That's a bit shit, but I did end up getting hammered on Friday and binge eating a bit yesterday. I think I might switch to Friday morning weigh-ins as at least there'll be more consistent readings that what we get on Sundays. This coming weekend is going to be heavy, but then there's a three-and-a-half week run with no temptations.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I weigh every day then just take the average for the week as my weekly weight. Means I don’t get hung up on fluctuations etc. Might be a shout for you?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, good shout. Or at least weigh myself every day to know when its a huge fluctuation or not.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a lunch out and a takeaway last night and jumped up 4lbs overnight .

Guarantee I’ll be back down 3lbs at least tomorrow but if I had taken today as my weekly weight I’d have had a shit fit.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been pretty good this weekend. I had a pint yesterday and one this evening, but nothing else that I shouldn't have. I've lost 8lbs since the weight I was new year's day, but the vast majority of that is obviously bloat.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 85kg at the mo, a good 5kg over my comfort zone, so I'll be back on a soup diet from tomorrow, roughly doing a 6:1 pattern, allowing for solid food and drinks on a Thursday so not to end up totally depressed. Hoping to drop 4kg this month, and as I usually do when shedding, drop a few more in Feb before easing up.
    Last edited by The Merse; 06-01-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This weekend was relitevely easy, had four cans on Saturday night to get rid of my last few from Christmas. Ate well without tracking anything and made a couple of batch meals to tie me over through the week.

Have planned out and logged all my calories for the day just under 2000. Hoping to do a bit of gentle exercise this evening and then start gym from tomorrow.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dieting whilst living on 4 or 5 hours sleep a night is a no go, so any weight loss I achieve will be solely down to not eating and drinking like Henry VIII as I did for the whole of December. That alone should be good for about half a stone, mind.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm back on the keto bandwagon again, did well beginning of last year losing 7kgs.

No carbs, sugar. inc beer. (Red wine and whisky aloud )

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next couple of days will be tough. I'm staying at the office and there's a fridge full of beer and a shitload of snacks left over from the Christmas party, all just begging to be snacked on.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you do when you stay over at the office? Do you work all evening? Where do you sleep?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably he has one of these contraptions which the Japanese have come up with for just such a purpose.

Toggle Spoiler

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been trying to eat breakfast since Christmas but it fucks up my whole day.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a bedroom here that has a TV, desk, sofa and bed in it. The evenings go pretty quickly in most cases - I either work if there's something important that needs doing, or just watch TV/play games. Same as at home, really. Once I've walked the dog and eaten dinner, there's usually only a couple of hours to kill.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mostly work from home but when you're in the office, you've turned your office into...another home?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sort of. The office itself is untouched, but I need somewhere to sleep. We had a spare room on the ground floor that was just being used for storage, so I turned it into a bedroom.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GP said I have to cut carbs massively, anyone have any good lunch options/recipes?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use beans or lentils as the "base" of foods. They have carbs, but much less than say potato. And I suppose if you do eat carbs, eat "natural" ones (i.e. potatoes or beets or carrots or whatever) and basically avoid anything that has flour in it.

Which fuckin sucks, by the way - because bread, baby.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never understand how carbs can be so bad yet be the perfect conduit for any meal.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did he tell you to cut them, out of interest?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say so as he doesn't drop dead and doctors have a thing about carbs always. Last time I was in the hospital the doctor said to me about weight, etc and his answer was "no more bread". I rarely eat bread and have loads of far worse things but is was just no bread (he didn't ask if I even ate it or what I ate).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Why did he tell you to cut them, out of interest?
    Talking about weight and he asked for a rough daily dietary intake.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    GP said I have to cut carbs massively, anyone have any good lunch options/recipes?
    Eggs, meat, veg and fruit for breakfast. Soup with seeds for lunch. Then for your evening meals get your carbs from plant sources, green veg and potatoes.

Also things like fajitas with lettuce wraps rather then tortillas, stuffed peppers, cauli rice, spiralized veg etc
    Last edited by Andy; 08-01-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Annoyingly can't seem to properly get started with my diet. Food wise I'm eating 2000 calories a day of mostly whole clean foods but I've had a bit of a cold since Friday and haven't got the energy to get out and do any walking or go to the gym etc. I really need the exercise to help keep the diet on track.

All the bad food and drink from Christmas is gone now so no distractions. Just need to shift this cold and get moving.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, the key to weight loss is in the diet rather than the exercise. Exercise is great at keeping yourself healthy, though.

You can eat 500 calories in about 5 minutes. It's going to take you an hour or so to work that off in the gym.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    In my opinion, the key to weight loss is in the diet rather than the exercise. Exercise is great at keeping yourself healthy, though.

You can eat 500 calories in about 5 minutes. It's going to take you an hour or so to work that off in the gym.
    Agreed yeah.

It really is all about calories. If you expend 2500 calories a day just going about your life and all you eat is 2000 calories worth of McDonalds you’ll still lose weight. You won’t be healthy, but the weight will still come off.