User Tag List

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2019

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On 2D its still decent, 3D is laughably bad.

Did you miss the whole fuck up with defenders set to cover? Have more than one set to that role and all your defenders would go towards the person on the ball, so you'd have four defenders on one opposition player, with the rest of the opposition attackers wide open.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's broken about them?

EDIT: Ah, didn't see the last post there.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    What's broken about them?

EDIT: Ah, didn't see the last post there.

One corners, have the below set-up and have one of the DL or DR taking it set to play short. Mirror it on both side. Between 1 and 3 goals a game:

Throw ins, mirror this set-up with DL or DR taking throw in, I just scored four goals in one game from them:

AI cannot defend either set-up to save its life.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a file to fuck Brexit off? Can't be doing with that nonsense.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Is there a file to fuck Brexit off? Can't be doing with that nonsense.
    Here's the one I made. It switches it off completely.

https://files.fm/u/vsfemrv7

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers, I found a file on FMScout.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a news item that one of my youth players has come out as gay, first time I've seen that happen. Forgot that they'd even added it as a possibility

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good old Miles called them 'gaygens' at the time which was reassuringly on-brand of him.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is news to me. Might start an Iranian save to see what happens.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It came up right around the point where you get the reminder to renew contracts with six months remaining or tell them they're being released, so I had to extend his contract to avoid the do-gooding PC brigade getting on my case, even though all you have to do is look at my CDs. You'll see Queen, George Michael, Pet Shop Boys. They're all bummers

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are people inspecting your FM moves, though?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone got a decent tactic to recommend or knows of a website for tactics?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FM Scout has a few

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know training a player to get a Preferred Move uses up some of their PA/CA, but does those points get "unlocked" again if you train a player to stop doing a specific move...?

Or does that in itself use up PA...?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Anyone got a decent tactic to recommend or knows of a website for tactics?
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share...oo-sweets.html

TOO SWEET HOME version. Completely and utterly breaks the match engine.

This is Brentford season three after I started using it, both defeats were playing weaker sides:

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Binned off the FA Cup to be full strength for Fulham at home, unbelievable.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Because that's what came up first when I searched on CD keys and I didn't notice until Spikey posted his link.
    Just been uninstalling this. Someone remind me in November that I only opened this twice since I bought it so I don't make the same mistake again.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Downloaded this out of boredom and started up a save with Rangers. I'm just heading into my second season now and have so far been reminded of both the pleasures and frustrations of this fucking game.

I created an asymmetrical 4-3-3 formation, identical in shape but not intent to the one I was using in that OFK Beograd save a few versions ago, and it worked wonders throughout the season. Ovie Ejaria, on loan from Liverpool, finished the season with twenty league goals from attacking midfield, although his four assists were a bit of a let down. The other Liverpool loanee, Ryan Kent, was even better. Playing out of position and with a role that didn't entirely suit him he finished the season with nine goals and sixteen assists from twenty four games.

Alfredo Morelos is a fucking machine in this version, I'd recommend him to anyone, playing at any level you can lure him to. He isn't lightning fast, but he's quick enough, and his combination of anticipation, off the ball, work rate, strength, and finishing make him an absolute bull up front. He finished last season with twenty eight goals from twenty nine games for me, and he only played sixty minutes in a lot of those as I was trying to bring through a youth player for when he eventually leaves.

I ended the season with 101 points, finishing second to Celtic on 102 because having gone into the final day of the season two points clear, and my last game being against them at Ibrox, the fuckers turned it right on and flattened me 4-1. Then four days later they beat me in the cup final too.

In preparation for next season I'd already agreed to sign Marcin Bulka from Chelsea with the intention of having him deputise for McGregor for a season before taking over, but McGregor retired so the young lad is straight in at the deep end. I'd also signed Aleix Febas on a free, as well as Gianluca Gaudino during the first season, forgetting I had a load of midfielders out on loan, so I now have the most overstocked central midfield in Europe.

I managed to con Calum Gribbin out of Man Utd for 900k to replace Ejaria behind the striker, but after a debut against some goat herders in a European qualifier in which he scored three and set up four he tore his calf muscle and will be out for four months, so that's a complete fucking waste of almost my entire transfer budget.

Still, Morelos remains and Borna Barisic is a don so we're winning the league this year, then I can move on to my youth only save in Albania or somewhere.

EDIT - Almost forgot, this happened.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He went to Burton Albion on my game. Something very broken there.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I ended the season with 101 points, finishing second to Celtic on 102 because having gone into the final day of the season two points clear, and my last game being against them at Ibrox, the fuckers turned it right on and flattened me 4-1. Then four days later they beat me in the cup final too.
    I would've chucked my fucking laptop through a window

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There doesn't seem to be much middle ground in terms of results on this edition. I was smashing all before me, including blasting Basel 10-0 at Ibrox in a Europa League game, then put three youngsters into the lineup for a cup game against Aberdeen and got biffed 7-1. I played them again in the league the following week, played my full side again, and murdered them 4-0 but with a stat line more fitting of a 28-0 win over two legs. It's quite offputting.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One nice thing I have noticed is that slightly smaller clubs tend not to ask for such bonkers fees for their promising newgen players. Even Reading gave up a 'promising centre back' whose perineum my scouts were keen to fondle for 700k. Dinamo and Barnet were also robbed of their promising youth products. I stole a couple off smaller Scottish sides too but even in whatever version it was you'd have to dish out ten million for a conference youngster you could get a kid from Ayr for a few tracksuits and a packet of chocolate Hob Nobs so that's nothing new.

Loan players seem a little easier to come by too. I've got Diego Dalot, Phil Foden, and Harry Wilson on loan for the season. Wilson is unsurprisingly giving the SPL a bit of a roasting, but Foden has been a bit of a disappointment. Celtic have gone into the same market and come out with Hudson Odoi, who looks crap, and Scott McTominay, so lol at them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just suffered my first proper classic FM dicking on this edition. Alfredo Morelos had four goals ruled out for offside in the first fifteen minutes, so of course Motherwell scored with their first shot on goal. I finished the game with thirty five shots on goal, they finished with six. 2-1 loss. Outstanding.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following with interest, @John.

Scottish league was where I've had the most fun recently. Started with Hibs on FM14 (when Hibs, Hearts and Rangers were in the 2nd tier).

Won championship first season then won SPL first year up. Was really chuffed at breaking 30 years of Old Firm domination until I realised Inverness won it during my first season.

The main problem I had was the problem you get in any shit league - trying to maintain interest smashing the statically shit domestic competition while you seek continental glory.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won the league fairly comfortably in the second season, so I think I'm ready to move on to my long term, youth only save for this edition.

I've pretty much settled on Arouca of the Portuguese second division, but suggestions are welcome.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Botev Plovdiv
    Envigado
    Valerenga
    Vojvodina

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Longford Town.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Botev Plovdiv
    Envigado
    Valerenga
    Vojvodina
    Vojvodina would be an interesting suggestion, but I went OFK Beograd a couple of years ago so the Serbian league is out.

Having actually started up with Arouca, I don't think the club is at all suited to what I want from this save. Not a single player in their squad has come through their own youth system, primarily because they don't seem to have one. I like a challenge with these saves, but this club just seems fundamentally incorrect. That'll teach me to pick a club based on some nice results on Google images.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boavista would be my Portugal pick.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just go Braga and lol

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Just go Braga and lol
    I was just considering them. I assume their youth output is mental?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just considering them. I assume their youth output is mental?
    Yup, third to Porto and Benfica I'd say. Insane youngsters at the start (Trincao is Godly, sold him for £106m in my Brentford save to PSG. He has variable PA though.) and I've snapped up a few very good regens in saves.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won the league fairly comfortably in the second season, so I think I'm ready to move on to my long term, youth only save for this edition.

I've pretty much settled on Arouca of the Portuguese second division, but suggestions are welcome.
    Is that you only intend to field like a u-23 team or whatever at all times, or you only intend to field players that have come through the academy (even when they grow older)?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started a (familiarising with the game) save with Rotherham and we're looking like we will get promoted with ease in the second season, but I find myself thinking about starting a new save with a slightly bigger team. what to do.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't you win the league and just get a new job

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Is that you only intend to field like a u-23 team or whatever at all times, or you only intend to field players that have come through the academy (even when they grow older)?
    Only using players who've come through my own academy, whatever their age. I allow myself to buy back youth products who've left the club, either newgens I've sold or real players who've left the club prior to my starting the game. Those aside I just ignore the transfer market completely and use the time I'd otherwise spend scouting on fiddling with my lineup to squeeze in as many youths as possible and tailoring training to get as much value from each player's PA as possible.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved reading about that OFK Beograd save a few years back John, but I can never seem to replicate it when I play the game. I get suckered into the transfer market and normally end up buying way too many players, resulting in mass unhappiness as I promised they would all play, only for me to sell up and cancel contracts and repeat the cycle the next summer.

Started a save with Slough Town, in the National South, and it's the first time I've not needed a lower league database to play as them. Wages are tight however and by picking up two staff members I've effectively stopped me from signing anyone else on a part-time contract. I'm hunting for loans and players who will just play for an appearance fee but anyone who is willing to come is pretty dogshit, and below first-team standard.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The odd agent would test my will power by appearing in my inbox with the promise of some five star newgen for eight quid and a stadium tour, but I'd done twenty odd seasons with Dinamo Zagreb on the previous edition using only youth, so I was well into the rhythm of just ignoring all transfer news and getting hyped for the next intake. Once you're properly involved in a save with those sorts of self imposed restrictions, every 7.5 performance by the atrocious sixteen year old left back you're being forced to play feels like a league win on its own.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only using players who've come through my own academy, whatever their age. I allow myself to buy back youth products who've left the club, either newgens I've sold or real players who've left the club prior to my starting the game. Those aside I just ignore the transfer market completely and use the time I'd otherwise spend scouting on fiddling with my lineup to squeeze in as many youths as possible and tailoring training to get as much value from each player's PA as possible.
    I always feel like doing a save like that, maybe with a big club, but at the end of the day I just get super bored during summers and whenever I find a player who looks immense I just buy them (admittedly almost always at 16-17 years old).

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm back in Eastern Europe. I've started with Petrolul Ploiesti of the Romanian second tier. They start off with a decent, fairly young team that should bring in a few transfer fees once I've won promotion and managed to work a couple of intakes into the lineup. They also have an extensive youth network and not a bad coaching setup. There endeth the positives.

They've recently reformed after what Google seems to suggest is about their hundred and fifteenth dissolution, so while the game tells me they've won several titles in the past it also tells me they were formed in 2016 and had their finest moment of success in 2018 when they won the third tier. They're joined in the second tier by another name I recognise from various European qualifying fixture lists, Pandurii Targu Jiu, who Floyd dismissed at the time as being 'just letters', but who at a glance have a squad roughly twelve times as talented as mine, and they're not even favourites for promotion. I have so little money that I've just had an appointment for my currently vacant 'Head of Youth Development' position cancelled over a three grand compensation fee, and even offering contracts to my seventeen year olds on a hundred quid a week is worth considerable chin stroking for the moment.

This is the game for me. I'll do some screenshots of my starters and the youths most likely to step up at some point when I next play.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In Romania if you're drawn away from home in a domestic cup you can buy home advantage. I've just paid four hundred quid for home advantage against a third tier side purely to see if there was a catch, and it doesn't appear that there is.

If the other team has a tiny stadium it's well worth it as the ticket sales will be significantly higher, but I don't think I've ever seen a system so open, inviting really, of cheating.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's ludicrous. When you're a few years in and have everything sown up you'll never play away in the cup again.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's insane lol

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wage budget at the moment is £8367 a week. I'm spending £8368 a week. The board are so disturbed by my largesse that they've cut the percentage of transfer funds available to me from fifty to fifteen percent, and told me that I better sort it out or I'm for the bullet.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ask for a new contract and request the minimum.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's October of the first season.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if you renegotiate some really young players contract with an added appearance bonus and an extra year in exchange for £1 (or idk like 50) less per week?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be getting rid of at least one player in January so it's not an emergency, and we're top of the league at the moment so they're not going to bin me over a quid a week.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)