Page 121 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,050 of 8609

Thread: General gaming discussion

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to recreate it but he spotted he, walked to where I was outside the booth, and we happened to be by the booth window. I got the prompt to push him, he fell over and gave a very loud, "Aaarrrrgh!" as if he'd fallen to his death. It definitely killed him as a colleague bagged him up.

I know in Blood Money you can take real liberties with what counts as a stair kill. As long as you push them on the stairs, they're dead. Regardless of how many steps they actually fell down.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can imagine that's correct as well. The beauty of Hitman is that it's so clockwork that everything will work as the prompt says. I can't imagine the push prompt came up for more than a couple of frames as to do so you'd need to approach from behind in stealth which would give you a silent attack prompt unless the chracter model was directly attached to a window or ledge. The booth will be qualified as a window. It's the sort of game logic that results in the homing briefcase.

I can't wait for their Bond game.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The homing briefcase is a bug which they left in because people found it amusing - there's one of a guy flying around on a jet ski being chased around by it

Hitman is one of the games that the speed running is basically magic. How people come up with some of these things I don't know. Something like this I find awesome to watch.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost up to 19 Mastery in Paris now. All I want is the auction starting point because I never get there in time. I also want to drop every chandelier in the level. Then on to Sapienza.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't think I've done anything with the auction on that one at all, either. When I go back to do some more next I think the challenge I fancy is sniping from the tower in Sapienza. I suspect the challenge will be getting the gun up there unless it has an ICA dropoff point in there already.

Did a bunch more KOTOR2 over the weekend. After a pretty slow opening with Peragus into Telos I've now done Nar Shadaa which is where it really started to pick up steam, and I loved the lengthy mission where you end up taking control of a bunch of different party members either on their own or in groups without the protagonist. Why don't more party-based RPGs actually make more use of the party more in this sort of way? It always irks me. "Right lads, I need two of you to come and help me fight the Collectors / Darkspawn / whatever."

"Why don't we all come?"

"Because.... erm, reasons. Shut up."

It also, as I already knew, just has a really interesting cast of characters. I'd love to see something like Darth Nihlus attempted on screen, having something a bit different done with Sith / the Force than just an angry man with a lightsaber. The combat isn't especially engaging but luckily by spamming battle meditation, speed and knight valour I haven't had to worry about it too much.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Yeah I don't think I've done anything with the auction on that one at all, either. When I go back to do some more next I think the challenge I fancy is sniping from the tower in Sapienza. I suspect the challenge will be getting the gun up there unless it has an ICA dropoff point in there already.

Did a bunch more KOTOR2 over the weekend. After a pretty slow opening with Peragus into Telos I've now done Nar Shadaa which is where it really started to pick up steam, and I loved the lengthy mission where you end up taking control of a bunch of different party members either on their own or in groups without the protagonist. Why don't more party-based RPGs actually make more use of the party more in this sort of way? It always irks me. "Right lads, I need two of you to come and help me fight the Collectors / Darkspawn / whatever."

"Why don't we all come?"

"Because.... erm, reasons. Shut up."

It also, as I already knew, just has a really interesting cast of characters. I'd love to see something like Darth Nihlus attempted on screen, having something a bit different done with Sith / the Force than just an angry man with a lightsaber. The combat isn't especially engaging but luckily by spamming battle meditation, speed and knight valour I haven't had to worry about it too much.
    The first Dragon Age game did it but only once right near the end. More games should let you send other party members on side missions or the like, Andromeda has the Strike Team missions but only as a shitty online component, really you should be able to send spare companions (hi Liam!) to take care of them instead.

A fair way into Andromeda now and it really is a piece of work, I think every aspect is a genuine step backwards from ME3.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah and obviously you had the Suicide Mission in ME2 but then you didn't control anybody else but even that is better than people just doing nothing while you're away with the baddies trying to kill you and your chosen two mates. I'd forgotten about it happening at the end of DA:O but that's a good example of it too. This stuff should be the rule rather than the exception.

As for Andromeda I'd need to go back and read my thoughts in the thread but yeah, there's not much that it does even as well as the main trilogy did. I liked the jetpacks, the Nomad (?) is better than the Mako and some of the planets (mostly the ice one) are nice to drive around, the mission to the empty Ark was pretty atmospheric.

.....is that it?

Like they're in a new galaxy and even the selection of races are work because half of the ones we knew were kept back in DLC that never got made and of the two new ones the Kett are just like a much duller version of the Collectors, and you've had every type of fight you'll ever have with them about an hour in.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed my auction hit in Paris. I stood up, shot her during her speech and drainpiped the fuck out of there. Got back to the ground floor, found Novikov and popped his dome whilst his bodyguard was distracted by the sushi. And then ran for home inside five minutes. I still have no idea how to get to the Sheikh before the auction, though. My main take from all of this is you can absolutely go loud and scarper. Makes me feel confident about my Chandelier run. I'm considering the following rules:

- Every Chandelier must drop. Preferrably with people underneath it.
    - The light rigging must also drop as it's basically a big Chandelier.
    - Both targets must die to chandeliers. Separately.
    - Code 17 should not be used. It puts them in an unguarded room (with a chandelier) and the last time I used it the security guard outside was more annoyed by me climbing a ladder rather than the murder I just committed.
    - Escape by the most guarded exit.
    - Kill the Shiekh and Helmut Kruger.
    - No saves.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone wanna buy a PS5 for £500 posted? Console is brand new, as are the leads, but comes with a used controller and stand.

edit: https://imgur.com/a/zTModhQ

SOLD
    Last edited by Baz; 24-02-2021 at 08:28 AM.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is the console brand new but the stand and controller are used?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Shindig was after one, though I feel he may wait until he can Amazon one now after waiting so long.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    How is the console brand new but the stand and controller are used?
    Warranty replacement.

And yeah I PM’d Shindig but he passed. Sold elsewhere now.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    @Shindig was after one, though I feel he may wait until he can Amazon one now after waiting so long.
    Yeah, or wait until GAME spin back up so I've got a branch to dump it at if something breaks.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the offer to buy a PS5 now. You who have it, are you happy with it?

It's really going to be a bit of a stretch fitting it into my TV bench lying down, but my measurements say it should work. It's not going to be given a huge amount of space though. Will this be a problem? I read it gets very warm (but I mean, it must still be possible to keep it in a fairly standard ikea TV-bench, right?)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also @Ian - finished the DLCs of Control now, so I'm done with it. The Foundation DLC was rather good I though. It does pose more questions than it answers though, which sort of was true for the whole game.

All in all, I really enjoyed that game, even though it very very very much felt like a prequel or start of a series or something.

Now I'm on to Assassins Creed: Odyssey. Playing as Kassandra, as I read she's the better option basically. First impressions are.... a lot. It's just a bit of information overload, from the very first menu, which seems to be full of offers (?) and random shit, to in game where the map seems cluttered with stuff and the world is really dense with vibrant colour.

It's very nice in the sense that I have kind of come to hate games with sepia overload, but it's also partly making my eyes quite literally hurt (in part this is also a bit that I think I need glasses).

The effect of this becomes a little extra strong since I'm also working my way through Shadow of the Colossus again, one colossus per day basically. So going from that to this vibrant and saturated world becomes a tad much.

The combat feels OK, but it's not as fun (so far anyway) as Control and especially not as Horizon Zero Dawn, but it's still very early days.

It's also super weird that you can't jump? I understand it might not be a huge part of gameplay, but it's kind of immersion breaking that a character that climbs up on this and that and jumps down from rooftops etc cannot skip over a stone

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't played as the dude whose name I already forget but Kassandra is definitely good fun and the voice actor does a great job. She's just an enjoyable character.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm running out of steam with Hitman now. Sapienza's a big map but Paris spoils you with everything it gives you. I need to play something else now.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GT7 has been delayed until 2022. Probably December 31st of that year.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Oddworld: Soulstorm, which comes out in April, is going to be the free PSN game

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/dea...the-first-time

This trailer combined with learning that the player-invasion multiplayer thing is optional has me the most hyped I've been for the game so far.

And that power sure as hell looks like Blink to me.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much from the Sony thing grabbed me. I'm interested to see Returnal, given that it's Housemarque doing something larger in scale. Given how lacklustre the Nintendo Direct was, it's safe to say the industry's a bit buggered at the moment through Covid, shortages, etc.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Returnal" is a shit name though, and "third person action shooter psychological horror" or whatever I saw it labelled as has a proper genre bingo feel to it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it's a roguelike.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -like or -lite?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apropos nothing: it occurred to me earlier that Hitman is basically a Groundhog Day simulator. Given enough time you'll eventually learn everyone's routines and timings.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It also occurred to me that Hitman Absolution is the Bond game they've already made.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully the Bond game will be actually good, though.

While Absolution had its moments it just wasn't a great game in general rather than simply being a disappointing Hitman game.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked for me, as long as I don't think about it too much. The Hitman bits took place in some really small locales and some of the sneaking around stuff felt more like set-pieces.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was shit. Who wants linear Hitman.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, I didn't mind it. The comparisons with Splinter Cell: Conviction are apt. It's an alright one of those and a sub-par Hitman. I'd sooner play it over Hitman 2: Silent Assassin or Codename 47.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You mean to play now or on their respective releases? Because I really liked Silent Assassin at the time.

Also Absolution did that bullshit thing of letting you perfectly stealth a level then end it with LOL YOU FAILED ANYWAY BECAUSE CUTSCENE.

The latest Thief was rotten for that too.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now. I've been back to Silent Assassin recently and it doesn't really click into gear until Contracts. I played that not long after and it's night and day.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean Silent Assassin is right old so it doesn't surprise me if it doesn't hold up.

I couldn't get into Contracts at the time. I can't remember exactly why, possibly the flashback driven story but I'm guessing. I didn't play the original, loved Silent Assassin, didn't get going with Contracts and then loved Blood Money.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Contracts felt like a Hitman clip show. Half the missions were remade levels from the first game. It does have Traditions of the Trade though which feels like the first proper Hitman level.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Invitation to a Party.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/930549964

Decided to try the chandelier thing. Realised it was shit and did something else. I've discovered some problems:

1. The bar area has five of them to drop but only one mechanism. Instead of dropping all of them, it drops the one closest to the bar. Pointless.
    2. Too many of them are in empty rooms, allowing you to drop them without suspicion.
    3. Novikov's AI stops at some point meaning that Code 17 is necessary to move him.

Other things:

1. Guards take their sweet time to wake up unconscious targets.
    2. I'm really good with pistol headshots.

I also never realised before that the church staff in Sapienza all dress like Ned Flanders.
    Last edited by Shindig; 28-02-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got Malachor V to do in KOTOR2 now. I dunno whether I've somehow missed stuff, if the game has bugged stuff for me or if I maybe did something in the wrong order because I feel like some of the companion stories (specifically Mira and Bao-Dur who I haven't even come close to having the option to get them all Jedi'd up despite speaking to them every time I'm on the ship to check for new conversations) haven't revealed themselves to me as on my first playthrough.

Still, the writing is broadly excellent both for how the overall story uses KOTOR1 and pulls together it's various threads to the end, to Kreia just being a brilliant character so unlike almost anybody else in an era of RPGs where you try to make everyone in the team your BFF and also just a great, interesting Star Wars story with interesting villains and a supporting cast that is probably a little underrated, I would say. Also I think I found Nihlus' ship way easier this time than previously probably because I understand the annoying D&Dish systems more.I didn't have one drawn out fight on the ship, just kept Enlightenment running, walk into room, hit stasis, spam a few rounds of Force Storm, job done.

We'll see how I get on with fighting Kreia at the end (there's not a chat-only option, right?) as I remember that fight being a right pain in the arse but on the whole after the slow start I've very much enjoyed this.

The droid factory is good too from the cut content, though it could do with less grindy combat. The guns just aren't fun enough for that to be all your combat, especially when the mines don't work that effectively on the droids.

I think it says a lot that despite this being unfinished and broken in places there are still things that basically every other RPG of this type should be doing (especially with how it handles your squad, both in terms of writing and how it has you doing stuff with them away from the protagonist sometimes) to this day and barely any seem to do.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The companion triggers for jedi training are a bit mad, they involve having certain characters in your party for certain events or conversations and getting them all would involve a lot of backtracking and juggling of party members. Last time I went with Handmaiden and Bao-Dur and that was fairly simple but again, some events lock some characters out of it altogether (like a certain conversation with Visas will prevent Handmaiden from becoming a jedi no matter what you do).

Did you have the droid planet/sith colony bit tacked onto the end of the Korriban level?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must have just got it right by dumb luck on the first playthrough then because I'm sure I had all of the potential Jedi first time around. I was playing as a lady Exile this time so I got the Disciple instead of the Handmaiden. He's a bit of a dullard.

Droid factory came after Kreia murders the Council on Dantooine I think? I only just did it over the weekend there, anyway. And this line is superb: "Statement: But you said so yourself. You have just admitted your own weakness. You have just shown me your soft, meatbag-like underbellies, and said, "HK-47, please shoot me repeatedly there until I die.""

What is the Sith colony?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, the Disciple is a right gimp. I don't think I've ever bothered with Atton or Mira as one is a tosser and one tends to turn up too late for me to care.

For me it was the second part of Korriban, you confront the gribbly dude and then find out the jedi master you were looking for has scarpered. You then go to a sith colony where everyone has been murdered and just the droids are left. It's a bit like the droid factory in that it's a little barebones and grindy so I assumed it was a newer part of the restored content mod (I went to the workshop and just subscribed to the topest rated mod so maybe it adds more than I thought).

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I definitely didn't get that and having Googled it it looks even more unfinished and broken so I'm guessing I'd have needed to subbed another mod or an extra bit of this one to get that. Doesn't sound like I missed much.

I quite like Atton in that my takeaway from his backstory is that he's entirely a product of Revan, who found his ability to disguise himself from other Force sensitives more useful as a means of having him hunt down Jedi for turning / execution rather than training him up and that this even helps him keep Kreia out of his head, etc.

Did a bit more Malachor last night and my Enlightenment > Stasis > Lightning strat is still bearing much fruit. I am pleased that again your squad have a bit of agency, with Mira, Disciple, Atton and Visas making their way to the Academy to confront Kreia after you've already left the Hawk and the droids all doing their own thing too, though Bao-Dur appears to have just died offscreen. Sounds like from the files in there that he was meant to die on Telos helping HK-47 get to the droid factory.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And that's it done. A good ending, and Kreia was pretty easy to deal with this time. Love the final chat too. Typically well written. Really glad I replayed it though I feel it now may be unwise to give Greedfall a go right after.

I'm thinking of maybe doing Spiritfarer next.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sapienza is now mastered. Cannons are fun. The mansion is pretty neat but I still hate how under the cosh you are for the lab stuff. I did manage to clear the virus place out by trespassing into the place and changing quick into the hazmat suit. Gave me a free shot at the vial and then I could run off.

Also, fuck the speedboat escape. It didn't pop for me because I used a speedboat in the harbour instead of the one by the ruins.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bit with the virus is total turd especially at the end of such a freeform level.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite enjoying Assassins Creed Odyssey. I still find it really dense with information (even the landscapes are so rich that it almost is hard to discern stuff) but I'm getting used to that. I've always had the idea that Assassins Creed games are a bit shit and not at all RPGs, so I'm very positively surprised actually.

The combat is a little odd. I find it a little tricky to do any successful stealthing, and now and then find myself surrounded by like 10 soldiers and 3 mercenaries.

Another thing is the loot, which you find so damn much of that you end up not really having time to get "attached" to any of your weapons or armour. And while it's nice to be able to customise how you look (specially since I'm playing as Kassandra and her walking around in a massive Spartan-abs-style bronze breastplate looks a little odd), it would have been nice with a little more character to the things you find.

And I'm stilla little annoyed that you can't just jump. But the parkour/climbing functionality is really satisfying - I really love it when games basically just allow you to go anywhere you damn well please, and always find it a little odd when in other games like Ghost of Tsushima or Horizon Zero Dawn (which is still a better game mind you) there are these little marked ledges and bars and stuff that [someone] conveniently stuck out on a mountain out in nowhere.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't find stealthing that hard but the game is sort of built to let you be able to defend yourself once things go pear-shaped. I'd say it's more comparable to the Arkham games insofar as you're stealthing because you're helpless, you're stealthing because you haven't decided to get messy.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I generally always go for gung-ho messy style in any game I play. But I find it hard to manage a battle where I'm facing more than 2-3 opponents of the same level as me at once. The shields that all the enemies are carrying are so annoying.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd try and pick them off first. And if a fight gets messy just climb something the baddies can't until they lose interest and forget that a heavily armoured woman was just kicking their heads in.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I do that. But I'm a stubborn fucker, so I'll heal and then just get back the fuck into it.

Yesterday I killed a fucking huge Boar, which was the toughest fight so far in the game