User Tag List

Page 120 of 173 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 6,000 of 8636

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Desperados is on Gamepass now btw for anyone that shares Ians passion.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s solid.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Two shrines into Breath of the Wild and I wasn't prepared for the cold weather mechanic. Bastards.
    Yeah. Just playing that with my son atm and that is a dynamic I both kind of love and hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/des...ame-is-all-new

I don't care what it is, Mimimi, just give it to me.
    Explain. The link just gives me an alluring image of isometric perspective... but i know nothing of these games?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Explain. The link just gives me an alluring image of isometric perspective... but i know nothing of these games?
    Just look up Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun and Desperados 3 on Youtube.

If you liked Commandos / Desperados back in the day these lads are for you because both Shadow Tactics and Desperados 3 were fucking superb.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Are you and I basically not playing through the exact same list of games
    Seems that way.

Impeccable shared taste, clearly!

I've no idea how far I am along with the main story thread in Odyssey, but there's a shit-ton of map still unexplored.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Odyssey map is absolutely ludicrous.

Also gorgeous. I love Korinth.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've settled on The Surge 2 to work on. I played it a little bit previously but struggled to get into it. They've really expanded on the first game in some good ways but they bloody love their enemy ambushes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played Odyssey and really enjoyed it (only Ass Creed I've played) but eventually just dropped it. It seemed like I was nowhere near done. Just so much to do. Open-endedness doesn't work that well for me anymore.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was enjoying Desperados then I quicksaved myself into oblivion with my closest save being 20 mins previous...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same as Pepe for me, Odyssey is the first of the series I've got into and really enjoyed but there's so much of it that I'll never get round to seeing. If the setting of the next one interests me I'll definitely take the plunge now

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valhalla is even bigger apparently.

I haven't played Odyssey yet but Valhalla is MASSIVE. It took me 70 hours (some idle obvs) to complete the story.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im now rank A in Gran Turismo with the wheel. The highest it has ever been. Im also ranked #1 in Wolves and the West Midlands in my class at the end of the season. I dont think there are many people ranked from my area though, the lowest ive ever been is 13th.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still dipping in and out of Control. I won't be doing all the side missions and I'll see how I feel about the DLC once I've finished the main story.

It's odd that despite giving you different powers, etc. it just doesn't ever feel like it's mixing stuff up that much.

Between that I've been redoing Hitman ahead of going onto 2 and 3 at some point and it really is a great game. Some missteps (the boring virus bit in Sapienza being the obvious because the level which comes before it is so good) but a lot of excellently put together levels. Not sure I want to chuck Ł40 at Hitman 2 so I may just keep trying to cross off challenges or do the little extra missions while I wait for it to be at a price I want to pay.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll definitely pick up Hitman 3 when it comes down in price at some point in the future.

The add-ons for 2 are good (the bank level especially comes to mind).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still dipping in and out of Control. I won't be doing all the side missions and I'll see how I feel about the DLC once I've finished the main story.

It's odd that despite giving you different powers, etc. it just doesn't ever feel like it's mixing stuff up that much.
    I'm playing only this right now. I definitely get what you mean. To me I don't get that feeling like "Oooh I can't wait to play more tonight" or whatever, so I can easily imagine jumping in and out of it. When I do play, however, I quite enjoy it.

I like the story and setting is intruiging enough and as you get to explore more dimensions and weird parts of the house, the monotony of the setting doesn't seem quite as imposing as it first did. But I do actually sort of miss having a sky to look on, weird as that may seem.

The gameplay is fun I think but it can become a little tedious when your average Hiss-soldiers just pop up right when you are on your way to doing something you actually looked forward to. In a world of multiple dimensions and realities or what not it also does seem like you didn't have to make 95% of all enemies you face some sort of indistinguishable humanoid variety (not much difference between the Mold and the Hiss humanoids, for instance).

I also constatnly find it incredibly hard to find my way around. The map is not very intitive, there are no pathfinding aids in the UI etc. That gets annoying. So does these little time-limited alerts you get all the time, but I mainly just ignore those.

But yeah all in all I'm having fun with it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm never mad enthusiastic to get back to it but I enjoy my time with it well enough.

On your point about the combat variety (or lack thereof) I find that a lot of the enemies ultimately boil down to just needing more firepower to deal with too. Sure you may need to mix it up whether you're hitting them with vending machines you lob at their heads or guns (I'm rolling with Spin and Pierce right now, have them both levelled - fully in Spin's case)but when you're revisiting part of the map for a sidequest and a load of shit respawns and you're having to deal with the tankier enemies I'm not keen to get into another fight I just want the game to let me go where I'm going.

Once I'm done I'll probably see how long the DLC is meant to be and decide whether I want more or to just get on with another game.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've finally settled on playing the RE2 Remake. Being in a tight location helps keep the routine of the original nicely packaged. I'm clearing the place out and hoarding supplies and Mr. X has shown up. I thought he turned up earlier so I avoided his spawn point for ages. I've been very slowly picking my way through it but I'm enjoying the loop. The map's great and the triggers do allow you to not completely piss ammo away with the handgun upgrade. Unfortunately, with the big man on the loose, I might not have the luxury of tiptoeing around lickers.

Having an option to buy RE3 in the main menu is a bit much, Capcom.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope when ever he turns up you have "X Gon Give It To Ya" ready to play.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's already hit me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the topic of Remakes, I saw that the Mass Effect Trilogy is getting one and getting launched on PS4 in spring and I will be ALL OVER that as I miraculously never played any of the ME games at all and the longer it went, the more it seemed like a lost cause (there's a point where some old games just become too old - but it's weird because it doesn't quite apply to like SNES games and old isometric RPGs etc for some reason).

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're in for a treat.

I expect Mass Effect one getting more ME2/3 style gameplay will be divisive but I thought the combat was the weak part of the game so I'm not unhappy about that.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played them all recently, the first one is a bit lumpy in places but it's still fine.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think the first is the best one. It sets all that groundwork and it's the only one of the trilogy that really feels like an RPG.

I'm out of the police station in RE2 now. Mr. X immediately broke the illusion by teleporting to the third floor of the library when he was following me into the entrance on the second floor. I've missed a lot but I'm not going back for the other club door and the heart stuff. I really hate how they've done the Alligator fight but the Kendo stuff was nice.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/can...iant-policeman

This seems like it'll be a nightmare to get right but could be interesting if they do.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished the main story bit of Control.

Toggle Spoiler

As for the game all in all, I still have the DLCs to do so I'll get on those pretty soon. They any good, anyone knows?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/con...-great-monster

Broadly positive.

I've not read your spoiler but I'm gonna try and power through the rest of it this weekend.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mazuurk Well I've finished it and it was fine but I'm not gonna bother with the DLC.

The Ashtray Maze is so far ahead of everything else in the game I was gutted it came so late and ended so soon. That was great fun.

Also I never had any interest in Alan Wake so this whole "Remedy Connected Universe" stuff doesn't hold much interest to me.
    Last edited by Ian; 13-02-2021 at 03:32 PM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resident Evil 2 finished. That's really well done. Wasn't too keen on some of the changes around the sewers but the big blobs are about as avoidable as the spiders from the original. I'm glad Mr. X isn't a constant threat. I might jump straight into Claire's story. One thing I can't really manage is to juke zombies like you can in the originals. I found myself shooting everyone to clear the way for any revisits.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than going onto any of the things I have available to play via Game Pass I have instead started a replay of KOTOR 2 with the restoration mod.

The writing (especially Kreia, obviously) is good from the get-go but I'd forgotten how slow that start is. Too much T3, lots of traipsing about the corridors of Peragus, then the corridors of a big spaceship, then the corridors of Telos station. I am looking forward to getting on the ground on Telos proper just to not be so hemmed in.

Also I'm probably setting myself up for a pasting here but I think I even found these earlier sections a bit trickier previously. I dunno if I just have a better understanding of RPGs and can get my head round KOTOR's stats better (though honestly there are still things that even after Googling are a bit of a mystery to me) but I'm absolutely rinsing every fight at the moment.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played it last week and it ended up being a different version than I think I'd ever played before (there was a whole new level I don't ever remember). I was struck by how well it stands up though, the writing of most of the characters is spot on and such a leap forward from the first. Levelling is still a bit of a mystery to me but I;ve always gone by this rule: Strength for fighty/Guardian, Wisdom for force powers/Consular, Charisma for conversations and using non-aligned force powers (I wouldn't bother), Dex for shooty characters (although also for melee as the 'Finesse' skills allow you to use Dex over Str). For the first time ever I went Light Side this time and pumped Wis, that is true easy mode as you can stun pretty much everyone in the first round of combat.

I picked up the last Mass Effect game at the weekend. Wow is it a wonkfest; conceptually, the writing, the bizarre animations and faces (despite these being fine in the previous installment), and the fun lottery of which object in this room will violently vibrate until I leave. I paid about Ł8 and I think I've been had.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was it the droid factory which was the new level? That's in the restored content stuff. But yeah, so far I've only got Kreia and Atton but the writing has been bang-on so far. I know I've got Bao Dur coming up, can't remember who else you get on Telos, if anybody.

As for Andromeda, check out the thread on here re: the faces now you've played it for @Cord making a searingly up to date pop culture reference.

I was listening to the Back Page podcast the other day (it's excellent) and they were talking briefly about Andromeda and how apparently somebody at BioWare claimed the stuff with the missing Ark (quarians, drell, elcor, hanar, etc.) wasn't being kept back as DLC / sequel content which is so very obviously a lie.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was not the droid factory, that was in last time I played but I think I was too nice this time around for HK to give me the mission. I won't spoil the new level but it was appended to one of the other 'planets' and it was never there before. I think you get T3 on Telos but maybe not until you get off the station, then one more possible companion at the end depending on the gender of your character.
    Last edited by Disco; 15-02-2021 at 06:13 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean I've no idea how much of this I'm going to remember and therefore whether I know if any other new bits would stand out to me or not other than the droid factory.

And yeah I think I'm meant to get T3 on Telos though I dunno if the TSF have him or if he's on the Hawk. He's not that exciting as a companion to have following you about anyway.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've remembered it wrong, you get T3 on Peragus, Telos is Bao Dur +1.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah I just thought you meant when you get T3 back. Because yeah, as I said initially part of the slow start (especially if you do the prologue) is just too much solo play as T3.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Instant skip, the Peragus prologue is long enough. You going to be naughty or nice?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been mostly nice so far, though in attempting to deal with the attempted hostile Exchange takeover on Telos station I ended up murdering both the Quarren and the spandex tits lady but no dark side points because I gave it a "Can't we all try to get along?" and then they did a gunfight. If there are options that aren't moustache-twirling-ly evil I may take some but Star Wars dark side runs tend to be comedically evil (even if they're not meant to be comedic) and therefore I struggle to stick with them.

I'm still currently able to fling lightning about so that's something.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mazuurk Well I've finished it and it was fine but I'm not gonna bother with the DLC.

The Ashtray Maze is so far ahead of everything else in the game I was gutted it came so late and ended so soon. That was great fun.

Also I never had any interest in Alan Wake so this whole "Remedy Connected Universe" stuff doesn't hold much interest to me.

Yeah the Ashtray Maze was pretty unique and amazing. Did you do the Mold sidequest though? That was pretty good as well.

I'm into the DLCs now, doing the AWE one first and it's pretty good. It's got some weird references to Alan Wake that I don't get, but doesn't really matter as you're basically just chasing around a creepy huge dude who has turned into a shadow monster.

The setting almost feels better with Jesse as the director proper, so to speak.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had one reference to Wake and knew there's a DLC where he's more involved but yeah, those games are tied together.

I did do the mold one and it was fine? Like, just more of the same really. I find the Mold even less engaging to fight than the regular enemies.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the Ashtray Maze was pretty unique and amazing. Did you do the Mold sidequest though? That was pretty good as well.

I'm into the DLCs now, doing the AWE one first and it's pretty good. It's got some weird references to Alan Wake that I don't get, but doesn't really matter as you're basically just chasing around a creepy huge dude who has turned into a shadow monster.

The setting almost feels better with Jesse as the director proper, so to speak.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How has that happened an hour and 20 minutes apart?

Are you trying to make me question my existence here? Pretty fitting when we're talking about Control, I suppose.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was multiple tabs and one of those ’didnt I already post this...?’ situations.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to replay some of Hitman's first season. It's still awesome but I love how you can play fast and loose with it. I spent ages in Paris collecting hammers, screwdrivers and rat poison and ended up slinging scissors at my two targets. Escaping down a drainpipe was piss and I'm starting to understand more about how the clockwork stuff operates. I'm doing it to try and get my mastery back up but got sod all out of it from killing 16 non-targets.

I'm playing with opportunities not being tracked because it's too fucking handheld otherwise. The downside being that you have to keep your ears peeled for everything and figure things out for yourself.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I chose the middle option for the opportunities on my replay the other week. The proper handholding setting does rob it of any fun but the zero assistance option requires more effort and patience than I'm interested in now.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, all my best laid plans wound up going sideways in favour of throwing knives at throats. The game's quite happy for you to get away with it. Line of sight is king which meant I could murder the second target without the bodyguards going straight after me. It said I was compromised but that really only means something to the immediate pursuers.

They're not that hard to figure out but you need some serious wanderlust to uncover them. I now know what I think I need to do for the showstopper. I now know where to sit as Helmut Kruger to do that stuff. And I now know that security always trails the target, rather than leading hem. If the target's the first into a room, they're first to die, taking out your only real witness. Worked on the fashion designer as well. As long as you've got a place to hide, you're golden.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll go back through again I think for some more of the opportunities but I think some.ofnthe challenges are more interesting to me now I have more of an understanding of the levels again.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd forgotten Atton's past was so dark, and also that you can convert him to being a Jedi so early. I now have force users on the shit and nary a lightsaber among them.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today I discovered in Hitman you can kill someone by pushing them over any waist-height window. Even if it's a security booth at ground level, they are dead.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's happening with this womans breasts

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't even think of a bad joke to explain that one, let alone a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Today I discovered in Hitman you can kill someone by pushing them over any waist-height window. Even if it's a security booth at ground level, they are dead.
    What?