User Tag List

Page 110 of 173 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,500 of 8643

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new PC bits are working nicely even if it took me an age to do it because I've never done stuff with a motherboard before and a) I was being cautious and b) some bits look like they'd be fiddly even if it wasn't your first time.

Still, things are running very nicely on it and I'm thinking about what I should play once I'm done with Doom to put it through its paces. I assume ArseCreed Odyssey with everything cranked up is swish so I might go for that if I don't just cave and buy Horizon Zero Dawn once it's out on PC.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plugging some of the wires into motherboards once the CPU heatsink is on and it's in the case can be a fucking BALLACHE.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I put the graphics card and CPU, etc. in first but then even when that's in place it was a pain in the tits.

Especially the little ones that connect up your power / reset button, HD LEDs, etc.

I thought I'd properly ruined my evening when I had everything in place other than one of the fans which I'd managed to screw in place under the motherboard but luckily I didn't have to unscrew the whole bastard thing to get to it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Free on PS+ this month, it's a battle royal game based on Takeshi's Castle/Ultimate Wipeout etc.

Looks fun but they've had to disable matchmaking because demand has been MASSIVE.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fun but every single time I'm on a team task I'm put on Team Spastic.

Team egg - No one from our team was guarding our eggs unlike the other teams (I was one of few that were consistently getting eggs from other teams)
    Team football - Our team was shocking despite having an extra man
    Team ball race - Team spastic were actively pushing the ball away from the finish line
    Team tail game - For some reason the game kept going into overtime (although I'm sure at one stage one team was losing) and after 5 overtimes our team lost. I had a tail every single time overtime ran out, including the last one, but team spastic just couldn't hold onto them.

I also won my second ever race more through sheer dumb luck (I got pushed about 5 times forward by spinning arms) and I can consistently qualify in the see-saw races.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    My understanding from spoiler-free stuff I've read is that RDR2 does what feels like a finish and then carries on doing more story for about another 700 hours.
    Yeah I reached this point now. Very weird. Feels like the game definitely reached it's end (but which would have been very inconclusive in a way as there were a lot of open ends) and then I ended up in a farm as a secondary character doing farm chores. So, now the game is about milking cows apparently

But I learned that apparently this is a prequel, so. I dunno, I feel very very done with this game now but I also kind of feel like I have to complete it proper, so gonna try to rush through the cow milking and shit shovelling as best I can.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cow milking, eh. Whatever will those zany edgelords at Rockstar think of next?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got to the final round (of 6) in a game of Fall Guys and I was so close to winning it. Some guy beat me to the crown by a fraction of a second.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd finished RDR2 and figured I'd give the epilogue the 10 minutes or whatever while I was still in the mood. Fucking hell. Last of Us 2 pulls a similar trick.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has somebody in video game writing circles just seen Return of the King and gone "Hey, that thing had 27 endings and made a shitload of money so people must love it when you pretend you're gonna end but don't!"?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did it? I only remember the one ending?
    @wullie - so you're saying I shouldn't bother sticking with it then?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd definitely stick with it, it's just that what I expected to be a swift little 'after the credits' kind of thing is actually bigger than some entire games I've played.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Doc has reappeared on Youtube out of the blue. Still nothing on what happened with Twitch but looks like he has a new home.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if that's a step up or not.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well he has 330k viewers after being silent for over a month and he hasn't even said anything or appeared on screen yet. I don't think he'll do too badly.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how the reason behind the ban hasn't leaked yet.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'd have been curious to see how they'd have handled the Superman game they were linked with for ages I'm much more up for this:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh fuck

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's an online Co-op Game As A Service thing apparently as well

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    It's an online Co-op Game As A Service thing apparently as well
    Oh great. Hard to flaccid in one sentence there.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How will they justify the streets being exclusively packed with criminals this time?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    How will they justify the streets being exclusively packed with criminals this time?

By setting it in a black city [/problematicjoke]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally finished Red Dead Redemption 2.

All in all, it was a bit of a weird game. The world they created is nothing short of amazing. The immersion tops even that of Witcher 3 for me. But it's a little bit at the expense of gameplay (like how you are not able to run in your own camp). This is more annoying in the start, until you sort of let the game immerse you.

But the gameplay got insanely repetitive after a while, all missions followed more or less the same template, even if the settings kept it quite fresh. The story was also a little sub-par in a way. It wasn't bad per say, just also quite repetitive and felt like it was more about exploring the world and maybe character arcs than telling a real story.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opted for ArseCreed Odyssey to try on the new gear and it looks lovely. I also feel like all previous ArseCreed games would have been improved if they had the "boot that motherfucker into orbit" ability.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've started with Dragon Questt XI and it's... weird. Seems like some sort of crossover between Zelda and Final Fantasy. Not a huge fan of having a silent protagonist like that, it feels a bit dated. But I need to try to stick with it and give it a chance, only really gone through the first 20 minutes or gameplay so far.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may well be gifted a PS4 next week.
    Sister-in-law says her kid now went Xbox to play with his mates so it's gathering dust. Says the controller has seen better days but I can't complain if I'm getting the console for free.

That being said there's now some games that I couldn't play before, I could play now. Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, Last of Us and Death Stranding are the ones in my mind. Any other must plays?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot about Disappointed Dad Simulator.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MGS V, if you haven't on PC. Bloodborne. Nioh. DOOM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say, as a man who likes dress-up in games ArseCreed Odyssey has a very strong cosmetics game. Firstly it adjusting colours so that shit you put on together matches but also that once you've owned a bit of gear you can apply the appearance of it to any other gear you find so you don't have to sacrifice the cool thing you like for something with better stats.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say, as a man who likes dress-up in games ArseCreed Odyssey has a very strong cosmetics game. Firstly it adjusting colours so that shit you put on together matches but also that once you've owned a bit of gear you can apply the appearance of it to any other gear you find so you don't have to sacrifice the cool thing you like for something with better stats.
    Is that what "transmog" is? [Retail] WoW is like that, but I've never played it so don't understand it. I'm not sure I like it.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a very long time since I've played WoW but if it's what I think it is then yes.

So for the sake of argument I find Sweet Hat A, which is a big metal thing with curly animal horns and shit on it and has good stats.

Then I find Naff Hat B, which is like.... I dunno, one of those Russian things with the flaps. Anyway, Naff Hat B has much better stats but it looks like a dead chinchilla has been tied to my head so I take that but give it the appearance of Sweet Hat A.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like it. If you care so much about looks, then deal with the consequences. Kids these days are so soft.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you care so much about consequences then why don't you MARRY THEM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure he has.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transmogrification - noun. the act or process of being transformed into a different form.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halo: Infinite delayed until 2021. I wonder if it's due to the bad feedback since the big reveal.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Throwing it out there. Fall Guys is fun.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    MGS V, if you haven't on PC. Bloodborne. Nioh. DOOM.

I haven't plated MSG since the first one on PS1 - can I jump into V now all these years later? Story-wise that is. Story is like 90% of a game for me.

Also, how is Nioh story wise?
    And is Bloodborne really difficult because that's what I read? Can it be adjusted?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to say for MGS V you'll want to ignore the story anyway.

I won't bang on in here about it again but basically I endured the hideous first.... hour? Felt like about a fortnight. Then was really enjoying myself until more on-the-nose Kojimaness started happening and pretty much instantly lost interest.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    I don't like it. If you care so much about looks, then deal with the consequences. Kids these days are so soft.
    +1
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're playing WOW Classic so we all know fun isn't a big factor for you.

Safety wink.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're playing WOW Classic so we all know fun isn't a big factor for you.

Safety wink.

I actually let my sub run out just as my server got the AQ gates open. Playing FM instead. It’s less stressful/disappointing.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realised I was only really enjoyed WoW as a sort of combined online messenger / gaming combo and when the group I played with started fucking off I realised it really is just a grind treadmill. I tried some others (Guild Wars 2, Warframe, TOR) and it's all the same shit. No interest in getting onto that again.

I doubt I'll play FM again either to be honest, for slightly different reason. Which on the one hand is sad because I had some good times with CM / FM back in the day but it's also a bit of a relief that when when I saw FM20 on offer recently I mentally recoiled from the idea of buying it.

Of course I say all that about WoW while I'm playing a Ubisoft icon-hunt game but what can I say, watching my character hit a kobold until it let's me collect its teeth or whatever is less engaging that galloping about ancient Greece shanking Athenians.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    I haven't plated MSG since the first one on PS1 - can I jump into V now all these years later? Story-wise that is. Story is like 90% of a game for me.
    5 bridges the gap in story between 3 and the original Metal Gear games for the NES.

1 is set in 2005
    2 is set in 2007
    3 goes back to Big Boss in 1964
    4 then skips back to the future of 2014
    5 goes back again to 1975-84.

1, 2 and 3 really are very good so I'd play them for sure. 3 is probably the best in the series. 4 feels a bit forced and the story goes a bit(even for MGS) nutty.

5 was the big shame. Story wise it gets very messy towards the conclusion of the game. However while he was making it, Konami told Kojima it was to be finished ASAP as they were essentially sick of writing him blank cheques to make games and their focus was turning towards Pachinko machines. There was some kick off(obviously) so they removed him from the studios, game cover etc. and told the staff to finish the game off without him. Wouldn't let him attend any PR about the game or collect any awards it won.
    As such the game is not really finished. They patched it into something workable as best they could. It's a shame because the actual gameplay is amongst the best of the series.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Throwing it out there. Fall Guys is fun.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't it famously have an absolutely garbage ending as well? If it's what I remember reading it was that has Kojima all over it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't it famously have an absolutely garbage ending as well? If it's what I remember reading it was that has Kojima all over it.
    It does. There was going to be a second act to the game, but that was completely cut off.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically I want somebody to make that exact open-world stealth game that lets me call in a helicopter blaring out Take On Me but without all the Metal Gear Solid-ness.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically I want somebody to make that exact open-world stealth game that lets me call in a helicopter blaring out Take On Me but without all the Metal Gear Solid-ness.

What more do you want?