Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's extortionate.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh. Well, I was interested.

There was no futbin price when I posted it. Not worth replacing Alves at that price.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for one am a fan, I've made 5k for each of my American golds, to add to the 2-6k I made per Swiss player yesterday. I think they've been worth 100k or so for the 25 odd I've sold now.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the look of Yedlins card a lot, but 150k? That's hard to justify when Flashback Alves is in the team.

I'm in a cba mood with Rivals right now so will probably end up Rank 3 instead of 2 this week. That run with the silver squads took its toll a little.

I'm still 'patiently' waiting for a big SBC to drop, but tomorrow is Spain and that means Puyol, as he is the only Spanish OP Icon in the game right now. Friday is interesting., as they have the chance to give us Matthaus, but we'll likely end up with Lehmann.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post

I'm in a cba mood with Rivals right now so will probably end up Rank 3 instead of 2 this week. That run with the silver squads took its toll a little.
    Same here, played a few games last night to try Hulk/Talisca but couldn't bring myself to do anything but sell a player or two and do an SBC tonight. Will have more than enough for Rank 2 at least.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didnt get anything worth talking about from elite 1. Im not playing this weekend. I want to make one million over the next week as I want TOTY KDB

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An 86 and 81 as red. Brandt being the 86.

Absolutely nothing over 83 in my reward packs either. About to go off to work for the night, but my predictions for tonight are OP Puyol and either Carniball Fabregas or Callejon.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering they didn't give Ayoze Perez an IF, a lot on the FIFA subreddit think he will be the Spaniard to get the Carniball card.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another prem league festival card?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brandt and Vardy but naff all else from packs. Took the 50k from DR rewards.

Hoping for flashback Fabregas tonight but they’ll probably go with impossible-to-link Iniesta.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A pointless Thiago and interestingly a Puyol that doesn't require an icon.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up to 90 packs now but losing interest rapidly.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after starting 4-5 last weekend, I managed to recover and go on a bit of a winning streak. Finished 14-9 and reached Gold 3 for the first time in a while. Fucking awful rewards for doing so though, my 2 picks being 82 Ake and 81 Kuba. The 50k pack didn't even give me a board.

On a better note, just finished up all the Carniball player weekly objectives. It felt remarkably easy and I don't think anyone I played really adapted to using silver cards. Nearly every opponent I faced were trying to play first time passing, facing the wrong way and incessantly sprinting, and I was able to put so much pressure on through constant interceptions and tackles. I only lost 3 games whilst winning 19. I did encounter what I'm assuming is a glitch - twice I went 1-0 down early and the game disconnected within 10 seconds. Some people will just do anything to get the objective done.

Special mentions must go to these three players:

Wesley Said was my supersub whilst using the German players, and got 10 goals and 5 assists in 11 games. Best moment came in a very scrappy game against a fairly even opponent, very late on in stoppage time Both of our teams were flagging quite visibly but my winger managed to get down the line and put in a fairly awful low cross. Said got to the ball first and side-footed the ball gently past the keeper, trickling over the line. One of those incredibly satisfying FIFA moments.

Romarinho was fairly impressive in a lone striker role, with 8 goals and 6 assists in 11 games. He scored a couple of incredible winners into the top corner from ridiculous distances, prompting a few rage quits. He was pretty weak on the ball, but the pace and dribbling meant he could skip around the silver defenders easily.

Elton is a bit of silver legend, always found him in the Brasilver squads of old. He's still just as good and the 5 star skill moves with his dribbling stat make him so much fun to use. He was the best player by some distance in either squad I used; in 11 games, he scored 10 and assisted 11. Like Said, he also provided a satisfying 90th minute winner against someone who had paused the game 3 times when he took the load, presumably expecting me to leave.

All in all, my favourite weekly objective of this sort we've had so far and I just hope EA can offer similar in the future.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had that glitch happen to me multiple times so I'd guess it is an exploit somewhere. From a little digging it only seems to be Xbox related, so maybe something involving the dashboard?

I'll agree with you in that you could definitely feel those players who needed their high rated golds to play. A nice challenge, just a shame it's so rare we get these.

But now I have the 2 main cards the question is, what of FUT Swaps?

I've apparently missed one somewhere(was there a day 1 SBC?) so can no longer get Foden. Costa could be rendered useless by the coming stat swaps and there's no point in 81 Lala or the Hulk card for me.

That's only really leaving 3 options. OTW Goretzka, 87 Suso or the 100k pack. Suso will be great SBC fodder for no money spent. The 100k pack depends entirely on luck, but Goretzka is now rendered a lot less worthy by the Emre Can objective I just won.
    At this point just taking Suso and being done with it seems most sensible.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to redeem WL. We should be able to get in after the event has started. I dont see any beneifit of locking you out like this.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's so you don't know what rewards you're playing for.

If you leave it til Sunday and see a dead TOTW coming great, but if you saw Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard etc were due in the TOTW you might be tempted to redeem and smash the games out.

Also this year they've been very shifty with not announcing or doing promos until the Friday evening. They've really tapped into FOMO.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really can’t wait until next year’s version going into it knowing that collecting silvers into a team is worthwhile again.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I really can’t wait until next year’s version going into it knowing that collecting silvers into a team is worthwhile again.
    I thought the same with this years versions. But the with the downgrade of MM and other SBC, it hasnt been as good as I had hoped. It has been good though, over the past week with the silver brazilian and german players.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they'll do it more next year now and hopefully bring back tournaments as well so it's all in one confined area rather than cutting a cross a game mode that's used for other things.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully we get more champ league and europa league dynamic cards for new players. The whole dynamic thing is one of the best promos FIFA have ever done.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive also decided to hold onto Sol Cambell prime in the hope, we get a flashback Ashley Cole

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matthaus out and 3 more reasonably easy to achieve Futswap tokens means I should be getting all 14 this month.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matthaus coming in at 2.2m seems reasonable. He's pretty there on par with TOTY Modric and looks beastly. I'm entertaining it somewhat as the moment, and had Koke lost his pace today (instead they've boosted it further, shifted the other boost to passing and made him with a Sniper an even more bloody incredible attacking threat as a B2B player) I'd likely have waded in.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking he reminded me of someone but you've nailed it there.

I think he's a tad too much, but he's very much in your team for the rest of the game. The only thing he really lacks is jumping.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Matthaus out and 3 more reasonably easy to achieve Futswap tokens means I should be getting all 14 this month.
    Got up to 10 and cashed out on Goretzka today.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6-2 start to the weekend. 6 of the 8 games saw me against the drop back menace. The first guy caught me out with it, but I gradually got used to it. I've kept the rest of them at arms length.
    The other loss came against a guy that was constant pressuring me. I also couldn't put my finger on his formation, but thought it was the flat 4-5-1. He went up 4-1 but I was biding my time. I saw his players were shattered and switched it up myself. Pulled it back to 4-4 but both our teams were dead for ET. Even still I found myself through, 2 v 2 in the 122nd minute. I had a decent angle for the shot but chose the cut across to ensure the goal, only for his last defender to stick out the littlest of toes to poke it onto the post and wide.
    I even had a penalty to win it as well. Obviously that one was not meant to be.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a frustrating 5-3 Friday myself taking on a lot of 1 depth wankers. Will be back on tomorrow.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The games played has convinced me it is time for Robertson to go though. He's just not strong enough now that Ronaldo and the Icons are becoming more prevalent. He can't jump either.

I've been looking at who I could bring in and it's down to 4 really. Telles and Ferland Mendy seem best value for coins, but linking them in would be a pain. The more top end options of HL Sandro and TOTY Marcelo are much easier to link, but in the case of the former, I'd probably have to drop Messi and the latter would require restructuring the team and selling off big names.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flashback De Rossi is out and he looks fantastic. However EA have made him cost 240k...

I just dont get it. Thiago a 90 rated CM for 140k. De Rossi, also 90 rated, 240k. Yedlin, a 86 RB, 170k.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Flashback De Rossi is out and he looks fantastic. However EA have made him cost 240k...

I just dont get it. Thiago a 90 rated CM for 140k. De Rossi, also 90 rated, 240k. Yedlin, a 86 RB, 170k.
    Would fucking love him but there's no chance of me raising that cash in three days

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woof.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick a Shadow on him and he's outstanding

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had his 94 (?) last year. It was a monster.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Usually FB cards are let down by 70ish stamina too.

86 is still a little on the low side but it's not terrible.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sniper-wol...video/71286563

Don't use Alisson. It never ends well.

I was actually trying to catch him out for keeper movement, but I'd be pissed with that.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well left.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    17-5 now.

There's been some right bullshit in some of those games as well. I've lost 2 games I had no right losing, the last of those involved me having 3 cut backs, but the waiting striker took a touch despite me spamming B. This happened all 3 times. The match eventually went to pens at 1-1. I scored my first 5, then had his last pen hit the post(I stayed middle with my keeper) and rolled across the line but coming back out. My keeper then dived and knocked it back in. I obviously then lost in sudden death.

I've also properly stolen at least 2 games as well. I'd no business winning those games but managed to take what few chances I had.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do FB Sturridge users constantly score proper aids goals?

What's the point reading an intercepting if an onrushing attacker immediately wins it reight back with perfect control?

Just lost 4-1 to a guy who played drop back and then exclusively scored goals where I read and won the ball and he immediately, not even half a second after he wins the balls and scores.

There's obviously a knack to it, as I play people who seem to excel in it, whilst I never benefit from it myself. It's so fucking frustrating though.
    Last edited by The Merse; 17-03-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've taken to slide tackling the bastards. The ball or the man can get past, but not both.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Satisfyingly, just did a Scotland and came back from 4-0 down to a meta sheep, 1 depth cunt with a red CR7 to win 5-4.

Calling it a day with that, at 14-7. Not a great weekend, but I've not been arsed for a lot of it.

The brightest thing this weekend has to be FFS Lafont, who's been immense in goal - a proper upgrade on Courtois.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won the next 3 to take me up to 20-5.

Gameplay was buttery smooth and it allows me to play so much better in both attack and defence. A 3-0, 3-0 and 1-0 series saw me do it with some comfort. At +15 record my ELO is now at max though, so opponents from here will be tough. Considering I'm up early tomorrow I'll be leaving it there. I can't be doing with playing the last 5 out and missing out on the final game.

Messi and Neymar feel magical in good gameplay. I do hope they can sort it out somehow.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completed the SBC for POTM Brandt over the weekend, virtually for free from players in my club. I've built a second squad for some Rivals gameplay to mix things up using POTM Brandt, Headliners Demirbay and Carniball Can - starting as 4-5-1 and moving to a 4-2-3-1 with 3 CAMs. From what little I've played with Brandt in this squad and coming on as a sub for Weekend League, he feels pretty electric, and has a cracking shot.

I personally ended up 11-8 this weekend - not happy overall with some preventable losses in there. Lost 3 on the trot to open the weekend up on Friday and the gameplay felt awful, lots of button lag. I should have guessed it was going to be a bad start when I got thumped 8-3 in the first game despite having more shots, possession, etc.

Managed to get my 11th win at about 2am this morning, winning 3-2 in extra time, and this all after I had Carvajal sent off in the 9th minute. I took a 2-0 lead despite this, but slipped to 2-2 late on. Thankfully snatched the win in the 105th minute thanks to Brandt scoring the winner.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bergkamp looks good value.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh dear.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many little things they continue to fuck up on a regular basis. It is embarassing.

Also ive just realised I can get flashback de rossi in my team very easily. I can finally cut off Pogba now.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If FUTBIN is to be believed Bergkamp was 1.2m before they pulled him. Seems a good card, if not let down by the physicals a little. It needs only 3 TOTW items and an Icon, which means I bet my coin balance Merse will do him before the weekend.

Good candidate for ticking off squads over a few weeks too.

Loved Bergkamp as a player but I don't see myself doing this one.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a random welcome pack with icon loan picks. Is that because they fucked up Dennis?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently it was genuinely awarding people Kluivert and they've said if you completed the whole thing you got to keep both.

Could have got 2 for 1 there.