User Tag List

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,100 of 2528

Thread: Summer Transfer Window 2019

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your original post implied that a manager not being successful means he has not and cannot implement a style and that therefore all players are neither suited nor unsuited to a given team, which is bonkers.

And yet you seem to be interested only in repeating yourself on points that I haven't argued either for or against.

Not that I'm playing down your perceptiveness in thinking that David Moyes might not be Alex Ferguson, you understand.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even a broken clock...

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Your original post implied that a manager not being successful means he has not and cannot implement a style and that therefore all players are neither suited nor unsuited to a given team, which is bonkers.

And yet you seem to be interested only in repeating yourself on points that I haven't argued either for or against.

Not that I'm playing down your perceptiveness in thinking that David Moyes might not be Alex Ferguson, you understand.
    Nah. My initial post implied that Klopp, Poch and Pep are the only ones in the league who have brought a distinctive style that they have implemented and in quite a short time after joining the clubs too. Poch also did it at Southampton, Klopp did it at Dortmund and Pep did it at Barca/Bayern.

OGS has shown nothing other than a title in a meaningless country whilst leaving Cardiff in a worse position than he found them due to his inability to manage and now he's statistically one of the worst Manchester United managers, period. David Moyes actually had a better record and he got sacked!

Quite a long way of getting around to the original point which was only the three mentioned above have managed to incorporate a style. You could watch them in black and white and you'd know which team was which based on how they play. You wouldn't have a clue what a Solksjaer team played like and buying younger yet lesser players isn't going to change it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He only has a worse record if you discount the games as a caretaker.

Also, any manager can implement a style you lunatic. It might not yield results, it might be crap but that isn't the point.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Nah. My initial post implied that Klopp, Poch and Pep are the only ones in the league who have brought a distinctive style that they have implemented and in quite a short time after joining the clubs too. Poch also did it at Southampton, Klopp did it at Dortmund and Pep did it at Barca/Bayern.

OGS has shown nothing other than a title in a meaningless country whilst leaving Cardiff in a worse position than he found them due to his inability to manage and now he's statistically one of the worst Manchester United managers, period. David Moyes actually had a better record and he got sacked!

Quite a long way of getting around to the original point which was only the three mentioned above have managed to incorporate a style. You could watch them in black and white and you'd know which team was which based on how they play. You wouldn't have a clue what a Solksjaer team played like and buying younger yet lesser players isn't going to change it.
    Does it only count as implementing a style if you finish in the top 6?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are people engaging with this crackhead? It's like having a row with your pet dog.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Why are people engaging with this crackhead? It's like having a row with your pet dog.

The thing is he's not even trolling, I think he actually believes what he's writing.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm working from home and extremely bored. This time he's at least answered the question with only half his post talking about stuff that's not relevant, which is an improvement. I think with an evening's work I can get him to only answer one question incorrectly.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was nothing wrong with the comment suggesting OGS won't do jot nor suggesting that he has no set style to implement. Christ, you could tell in Klopps first game against Tottenham that things were going to be different. Solksjaer got the job based on his playing days, not his managerial record. Couldn't go for Neville, he showed his hand at Valencia. Couldn't go for Giggs, he had a stab at it and got discarded (the cunt shouldn't be the Wales manager either.) Mark Hughes and Steve Bruce would be a no go. Paul Ince or Roy Keane burned their bridges an age back.

I suppose Phil Neville will be the next in line.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Libel.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    There's no point engaging you on anything to do with Utd.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and by the way, my brother is at LEAST 17 times worse than Smiffy.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    There's no point engaging you on anything.
    Fixed again. Also, there's just no way! I don't believe it. He isn't.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's most hilarious is if United have a bad season, he'll probably bump this thread with a completely oblivious "told you so" post.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was nothing wrong with the comment suggesting OGS won't do jot nor suggesting that he has no set style to implement. Christ, you could tell in Klopps first game against Tottenham that things were going to be different. Solksjaer got the job based on his playing days, not his managerial record. Couldn't go for Neville, he showed his hand at Valencia. Couldn't go for Giggs, he had a stab at it and got discarded (the cunt shouldn't be the Wales manager either.) Mark Hughes and Steve Bruce would be a no go. Paul Ince or Roy Keane burned their bridges an age back.

I suppose Phil Neville will be the next in line.
    Unbolded bits: Still nothing to do with anything that anybody else is talking about and yet you can post nothing else about.

Bolded bit: So wrongheaded it's hard to believe that you can have watched a game and actually believe it, regardless of the results of said games.

I look forward to another thesis related to the unbolded bits.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misread and thought randomlegend’s brother is Tony Mortimer.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone summarise the walls of text from Smiff? Is it basically OGS is going to fail over 12000 words?

Lukaku could be a good striker if he was the right weight. He's in awful condition and he's not good enough to be a weighty back to goal striker as 1) he can't hold the ball up with his feet 2) he can't jump and win headers.

Wan-Bassaka is a good signing though. We've got a few decent young lads at the club now. So I look forward to seeing Young at right back.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As concisely as I can: only three managers in England have a defined style of play. This can be explained by a lengthy, unrelated diatribe about the hiring of OGB.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp is the greatest manager to have ever walked our planet.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As concisely as I can: only three managers in England have a defined style of play. This can be explained by a lengthy, unrelated diatribe about the hiring of OGB.
    "Only" three, you say? I said only three, did I? I didn't include Nuno Santo nor Garcia? I didn't have to point out that I was referring to the Premier League too, did I? Because you took it as all managers in all the worlds.

As far as telling you so SvN, I didn't do that when LvG went, I didn't do that when Mourinho went (who I felt got a shit draw in the end) and I didn't do it when we won the Champions League, nor did the meltdown occur when we blew it. Twice.

Kiko - Wall of text basically said you could blur out the faces, have all players play in the same colours, no commentary and you'd have a very good idea whether you were watching a Klopp side or a Guardiola side because they have implemented said style at multiple clubs, same as Poch. Quite frankly I don't believe Solksjaer has the tactical nous nor wit in which to pull it off. If he did then he would have been linked to jobs based on his ability and not his connections. The reason no one was looking to swipe him from Molde is because he's a very average manager. His philosophy appears to be let's pretend it's 1999. You simply do not just waltz into a club the size of Man United and change it over night, Liverpool had the exact same problem which is why we knocked ourselves off our perch. United is just a mirror image of it.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Klopp is the greatest manager to have ever walked our planet.
    Well, he's the best in Europe, it'll be the world in December(?).

I appreciate it wasn't easy for you to admit that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, all the worlds.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Houllier Benitez King Kenny Rodgers Klopp will definitely win the Premier League.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Longstaff to United sounding more and more likely. Rumoured Ł30m...for a player with 9 senior appearances. Yikes.

Also AWBs brother seems to have leaked a photo of his contract signing/presentation lol. CBA to link on phone.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Houllier Benitez King Kenny Rodgers Klopp will definitely win the Premier League.
    Each has come closer than the other so it'll happen eventually. Probably a lot sooner than your next one anyway. I've actually been very reserved with our chances of success for nearly three years now which is funny because since I stopped hoping we started to become good.

We don't even need trophies given the enjoyment we get weekly.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Only" three, you say? I said only three, did I? I didn't include Nuno Santo nor Garcia? I didn't have to point out that I was referring to the Premier League too, did I? Because you took it as all managers in all the worlds.
    You described those two as "grasping", which given you didn't even include Sarri I thought meant they could be disregarded.

That still leaves 15 Premier League teams "without a style of play." As de-escalations of absurd statements go this is the equivalent of "I'm not saying the moon is made of cheese. It could be any dairy product!"

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You described those two as "grasping", which given you didn't even include Sarri I thought meant they could be disregarded.

That still leaves 15 Premier League teams "without a style of play." As de-escalations of absurd statements go this is the equivalent of "I'm not saying the moon is made of cheese. It could be any dairy product!"
    Nah, you're definitely misinterpreting what I was trying to point out. If you hired Pep, Guardiola or Poch, you know what sort of football you're getting as they've been instilling that style at numerous clubs, OGS's seems more of an idea, of course he wants to be a good counter attacking side like United used to be under Ferguson but I don't see where he's shown at any point in his career thus far that he's been able to do that with any club, basically.. I don't know how else to explain how I mean it to come across so fuck it. x
    Last edited by Smjffy; 28-06-2019 at 08:36 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched a lot of Molde to come to that conclusion, have you? I don't particularly rate OGS myself, but I struggle to believe you can't see he has tried to play a certain way since coming to Manchester United.

And this idea that no other Prem managers other than those 3 (or 5) have a definitive style/tactic is ridiculous. Even the relegated clubs all played in a particular manner that you could easily identify - Cardiff under Warnock, Fulham under Jokanovic (fleetingly) and Huddersfield under both Wagner and Siewert.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's tried to play a certain way because that's what the supporters are demanding. He's done nothing but sing to their hymn sheet but whatever. It'll be another funny campaign of calamity for them.

I haven't watched a lot of Molde but if you do your homework you'll see many of their own felt the same, especially during his second spell. Warnock could be mistaken for Pulis, Jokanovic's wasn't fleeting, it was found out when the quality of attackers improved and Huddersfield under Wagner were just pretty and again, if he had conviction in his 'style' or whatever then he wouldn't have fucked it all up by changing it.

The Southampton manager seems to have more of a clue and again, he's done it at a previous club. OGS hasn't. He's making it up on the fly.

That's the last I'll say on it since you're all being pedantic and acting like nobs. Bandwagon jumpers.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Warnock doesn't have a particular style as it is similar to Pulis? But Hasenhuttl does even though it is very similar to the German pressing tactic employed by Klopp, Nagelsmann and others? Jokanovic didn't have a very obvious attacking style throughout the 2 seasons Fulham made the playoffs and the early part of the Prem season? Wagner didn't have a possession-based style that he implemented throughout his time at Huddersfield?

You're doubling down on a frankly ridiculous point you made just to beat up OGS with. He might not be particularly good but dial it back a bit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Private zookeeper in Portugal has leaked Bruno Fernandes to Utd on twitter.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian
    Matthijs de Ligt has accepted Juventus offer of a five-year contract worth €24m (Ł21.6m) a year, of which a third will be performance related bonus, but Paris Saint-Germain have still not given up on signing the Ajax defender... The offer would give the centre-back a basic salary of around Ł270,000 a week with add-ons increasing his possible earnings to Ł415,000 a week. Juventus will now start official talks with Ajax in the hope that a deal of around Ł70m will clinch a deal.
    'Alexis' money that. Little wanker.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's he had, 30 good games?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is beginning to remind me of the period the NFL went through where the #1 draft pick was becoming the highest paid player in the league (or at least in the top handful) basically every year.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    'Alexis' money that. Little wanker.
    I bet those wages are bullshit. When players contracts get leaked they're almost always on way less than the media reported.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly gets leaked before tax is taken out. Ł500,000 a week is probably only Ł300,000 after tax, that's nearly Ł10M in the coffers. I find when footballers wages are taken into account that that part always gets forgotten. Very well paid but also pay more than your average Joe even if they lived ten lives.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Players deserve more money.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Italy just passed a law where foreigners coming into football pay 50% less tax on their income hence why Juve are able to put these mental packages together.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn right. I don't know about you but I'm pretty fed up of the managers and higher ups having all the power.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Actually Italy just passed a law where foreigners coming into football pay 50% less tax on their income hence why Juve are able to put these mental packages together.
    I just Googled and Premier League players don't even pay 45% tax, it's much less. Nevermind.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the reason, supposedly, why Ronaldo went over there.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.itv.com/news/2019-01-21/...tax-avoidance/

I actually forgot about all that. Some clubs also hire their players under a different term so it's not classed as corporate tax or whatever. Way too much for my noggin'.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I just got to use 'shift, ctrl, T'.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very well paid but also pay more than your average Joe even if they lived ten lives.
    Congratulations on figuring out how income taxes work.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know I've been away for a little while but Jesus....look at the mess of you lad. You try far too hard.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only Mexican in history to do so.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zaha has confirmed he wants to leave Palace.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling he'll only get a sideways move. The clubs he wants to play for wont pay the fee needed to get him.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How will sideways moves pay it?