User Tag List

Page 11 of 49 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 23

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    I bit the bullet last night and had a good mooch around the database. I've picked out the below for potential saves.

Ross County
    AS Saint-Étienne
    Anderlecht
    Fortuna Sittard
    Como 1907
    Racing Santander
    Górnik Zabrze
    Rubin Kazan
    Vélez Sarsfield
    This got me thinking about starting a new save now the real game is out. Thinking some dogshit lower tier team with very good facilities/unreal youth recruitment in a competitive country. Will have a scour about - might just cheat and use the editor to max out the youth facilities.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    I bit the bullet last night and had a good mooch around the database. I've picked out the below for potential saves.

Ross County
    AS Saint-Étienne
    Anderlecht
    Fortuna Sittard
    Como 1907
    Racing Santander
    Górnik Zabrze
    Rubin Kazan
    Vélez Sarsfield
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    Saint-Etienne are always good fun.
    St Etienne also have a decent English goalie named Etienne Green, which has some wonderful symmetry.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went with Deportivo La Coruña.

Absolute state of my DOF (I hope that is actually what he looks like)

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hadn't realised they were 1-25 shots for winning the league. The first year should be an absolute cake. £9m in the bank with £1.3m transfer budget - though I have turned that all into wages signing free transfers and getting loans in.

Fernando Llorente () my first signing which means we are going to a 4-4-2 with him being the target man. Proper soccer.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brexit ball on the Spanish coast

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They already have Ibai Gomez who looks absolutely ridiculous at that level. I’ll be gutted if he doesn’t get at least 20 assists to Llorente alone. 18,000 season ticket holders, not a chance we shouldn’t be getting back to back promotions.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a play around on the demo, once again it's just going to take far too long and be far too difficult for me to bother. A shame as I'd still like to play as an intellectual exercise / bit of fun.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried with '20 or '21 because they go onto Game Pass but I just can't do it these days.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is such a don.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you not just let your assistants and DOF handle the majority of stuff? All I do is tactics, signings and try find random wonderkids. 2D classic and Key highlights only. Can get through a season in a couple of days. Probably even sooner if I didn’t spend ages redoing my squad every summer because I’m addicted to signing players

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Can you not just let your assistants and DOF handle the majority of stuff? All I do is tactics, signings and try find random wonderkids. 2D classic and Key highlights only. Can get through a season in a couple of days. Probably even sooner if I didn’t spend ages redoing my squad every summer because I’m addicted to signing players
    That's the way I do it as well and it really isn't that bad as a result. Even though the game is still throwing a million messages at you in an attempt to be a sodding email simulator you quickly get used to ignoring the pointless ones/scanning for what you need from each one.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah same for me. It used to be that the assistant would say the wrong things in press conferences and the likes, that would displease players etc, but in the last few versions it looks like it doesn't matter at all, as if it's SI's concealed way of turning the feature off.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    They already have Ibai Gomez who looks absolutely ridiculous at that level. I’ll be gutted if he doesn’t get at least 20 assists to Llorente alone. 18,000 season ticket holders, not a chance we shouldn’t be getting back to back promotions.

Dream team.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s too much work to even get all that assistant stuff set up now from what I can see. There should be an option for all that when you’re starting a new game.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    It’s too much work to even get all that assistant stuff set up now from what I can see. There should be an option for all that when you’re starting a new game.
    There is. You set it in your manager profile and can use that profile from game to game.

It is literally clicking the ‘delegate’ button once for each task anyway.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

£900 a week

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Uses outside of foot.” No shit.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm about to be fired if I lose the upcoming CL final against Chelsea since I only came 3rd in the league. I already won the Italian cup, but apparently the supporters are still furious with my terrible performance as a manager.

Inter ended up losing two games.

Absolute joke that.
    Last edited by Bernanke; 11-11-2022 at 09:48 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of selling Moukoko in January as he was now my 4th choice striker (I play a flat 4-3-3 or a 4-3-1-2) but when I went to offer him out he said he didn't want to go so I kept him and decided to give him some more starts:

He's gone fucking bonkers.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm done. I'm 1-0 up and playing great, Tonali gets injured so I put De Paul on in 29th, and it takes him less than 20 minutes to just hack down an already half-injured Mount in the middle of nowhere:

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good game innit

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Good game innit
    Not a fan of the game, mate?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post

I'm done. I'm 1-0 up and playing great, Tonali gets injured so I put De Paul on in 29th, and it takes him less than 20 minutes to just hack down an already half-injured Mount in the middle of nowhere:

Trying to injure Mount further isn't a bad way to go tbh.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took over Wrexham, following all the Reynolds/McElhenney takeover hype and the first season went pretty well:

It was scary at times, with us being 5 points behind Chesterfield in January, but (as is usually the case in every version of this game honestly) their form really declined and we ended up building a massive lead (was up to 13 points at one time). What this picture doesn't tell you was my approach, which was all out attack, so we ended with 122 goals scored and no fewer than 64 conceded (12th worst in the league). We also exceeded expectations in the FA Cup where we made it to the third round proper, getting knocked out by Bristol City, after what was quite a competitive game.

A somewhat standard diamond formation, with attacking mentality positioned all the way up the pitch (hence the high number of goals scored/conceded). Mullin was actually the star of the show, even breaking the goalscoring record with 38 league goals, however he left it until the last possible moment, with a goal in the last game, after only scoring 2 in the previous 10. It's not usually the case in my first season at low-tier clubs, but most of the players in the first XI were already at Wrexham. My signings being Tzanev (who's actually been playing for the New Zealand national team fairly regularly), Dasilva, McEachran and Sinclair.

Having now played a season, I really don't think the game is as bad. It's average at best, but not much worse than the last X versions. The ME maybe even feels slightly better than last year's although I am not one of the guys trying to find all the weaknesses through tactics.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my scouting has broken yet again, this time in a new way.

All my scouts have retained the places where I sent them but now almost all of them are currently scouting in Portugal for some reason.

I have 15 scout assignments and 8 of them are currently scouting in Portugal. Only one of which has clearance to be there.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No Ollie Palmer, Adra?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not been very good for me. Probably doesn't work in my tactic, though the truth is also that I only reallly gave him a chance in the first few games, where he failed to impress, and then I signed Sinclair who instantly hit the ground running.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Penalties denied us a massive upset.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I was thinking of selling Moukoko in January as he was now my 4th choice striker (I play a flat 4-3-3 or a 4-3-1-2) but when I went to offer him out he said he didn't want to go so I kept him and decided to give him some more starts:

He's gone fucking bonkers.

He's still going...

I don't think I've ever had a striker be this prolific, I do not know what has gotten into him but I hope it never leaves.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I might need to try and get a Sampdoria home kit with Moukoko 19 printed on it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sampdoria 2028/29 Season Update:

Transfers Out:

Toggle Spoiler

Transfers In:

Toggle Spoiler

League:

Just seen that Bologna and Sassuolo haven't played their final game. Bologna won 3-0, the table didn't change.

We had a bit of a wobbly first half as our strikers just struggled to score but a change in formation helped us massively as did Moukoko turning into a God. We were so close to winning it but we were struggling for fitness so much in April and May and I think it caught up with us a little.

Cup:

Board are happy so whatever.

Europa League:

We had a much easier draw this time and I rotated a bit too much at times, we went into the final game outside of the top 8 and almost had to play in the play-offs.

Round of 16:

I rested a lot of players for the second leg and after the first half in the second leg I was sure the game had decided that we were losing. I made 5 changes in the 59th minute and even though one of those subs scored an own goal we managed to take the win in regular time (with said sub getting some redemption).

Quarter-Final:

Relatively simple two legs, we were always in control and it was nice not to have my heart rate jump through the roof.

Semi-Final:

When Dwight McNeil (lol) and Eze scored twice in the first 12 minutes of the second leg I was sure we were going to get pumped but they awoke the God that is Moukoko. He even missed a couple of sitters late on too.

Final:

We were struggling in the 65th minute onwards with fitness but I decided to keep my boys on and make changes (I had made 3 throughout the game) at the start of extra time. Idea was that half fit starters were better than fit reserves at potentially grabbing a winner and having more fresh players would be better if extra time happened. I was right and Moukoko the don won it for us.

Squad:

It's a much more streamlined first team squad now with more youth filling up bench spots. I'm really liking the front 3 of Arrocha, Moukoko and Kauffman but someone else needs to step up (I may also buy an UBER striker who I wanted last year) so I don't feel that the front 3 have to play every game.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Powered through another season at Wrexham:

It looks closer than it actually was, with us being at the top since December, with even double digit leads at times. We suffered a major injury crisis towards the end, with most of our attacking players getting injured, which allowed Swindon to catch-up and make us sweat a bit, but in the end we'd already built enough of a lead to see us through to the end. It is also worth mentioning that if the xpts table is to be taken at face value (I know), we should have finished 12 points ahead of Crewe in 2nd, with Swindon having 27 (!) fewer points. As for our actual performance, we were the best team in the vast majority of our games. We corrected our defensive issues (mostly due to our focus on defensive signings), however this time around our attacking efforts left a lot to be desired, with just 81 goals in 46 games (still the best attack in the league by some margin, mind you). We also performed admirably in all the cups, eventually losing to higher division teams.

As you can see here, while our strikers did score a fair amount of goals between them, they were nowhere near last season's levels, with Lee actually finishing as our top scorer from an attacking midfielder position. I've already lined up some juicy signings for next season so hopefully we're in for another improvement, even if it doesn't end up with a promotion this time around.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't get the UBER striker so here he is:

For some reason last season I missed that Dortmund had made an offer (£50m) for him last season whilst I was trying to make cash to sign him. This year I kept trying to sign him (he had a £72m release clause) but he wasn't interested at all

He's so fucking good.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a game with Worthing in the conference south.

I lived in Worthing for a bit about a decade ago and this is the first time (to my knowledge) that they've ever been high enough in non league to be manageable in FM.

The season started very badly with 1 point form the first 3 games leaving us bottom of the league. At that point I was expecting a very tough first season, the squad wasn't great and there was no money in the wage budget to bring anyone in.

I manged to shift some dross though and gradually through the season we improved, and by January we were in the playoffs.

A strong second half of the season saw us finish 2nd and make it to the FA Trophy final.

It all ended in disappointment however as we lost the play off final 8-7 on penalties after largely outplaying Bath City who only managed 1 shot on target in the entire 120 minutes.

We also lost the FA Trophy final to Southend 1-0

Our team of the year.

Ollie Pearce was also the leagues top scorer.

Now to try and improve the side and hopefully win the league next season.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeldoow View Post
    I started a game with Worthing in the conference south.
    Nice choice, that. The story around their owner is pretty special.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably the most embarrassing result in my CM/FM game time.

I used my second 11 and they were shocking.

Here is the guy who scored a hattrick:

Strangely I took this screenshot mid-game as his third went in. After I checked him again and he's now 5'10" 145 pounds so he must have worked his arse off during the 90 minutes.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    28/29 has been one hell of a season. First, I was dead sure I was on my way out in the CL semis. Real was dominating me for the first 60 minutes and were 3-1 up, making it 4-3 on aggregate. Then my German (but actually not really German) regen striker stepped up for his big break:

Toggle Spoiler

Deserved over the two legs honestly.

In the league it was even crazier. I had been far behind Juve for a while, but slowly crept closer. Final day and we were on the same points but they had won against me which put them ahead. They faced a Roma fighting for survival, while I had to deal with Genoa:

Toggle Spoiler

Never in doubt with a Belotti penalty in stoppage time. Shame it wasn't enough for them.

Now on to City in the CL finals.
    Last edited by Bernanke; 15-11-2022 at 04:30 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be disappointed if you beat City in normal time. We need more stoppage time/overtime drama.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beat them 4-3 after extra time. Haaland broke his ankle 2 weeks before the game, so never in doubt really.

Celebrated by forking out 100m on a tasty Spaniard:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sampdoria 2029/30 Season Update:

Transfers In:

I missed out on the UBER striker that I posted further up so I decided to splash some cash on this guy. Not nearly as good currently but my scouts think he could be at the same sort of level potentially. This guy probably fits my tactic better too and he has done well albeit less so in the goals department and more so his work for the team.

I didn't need another backup RB but I couldn't say no for only £1.5m.

I had a couple of injuries in CM around December and we were lacking a little in numbers so I decided to bring him in. He was really cheap and he's already better than a 21 year old I had loaned out this year.

Transfers Out:

So few this year that I was able to include the loans too. Here are a select few:

He had scored some big goals in some games a few seasons ago but I knew he'd never really make the grade. £20m might have been a little low (especially as we have no sell on clause) but we did only sign him for £6m.

I really liked this guy and I wasn't sure about selling him but it was the right decision. He's a natural AMC and only accomplished at CM, had I still played with an AMC in my tactic I'd have likely kept him as a backup.

I signed him for £2.9m when he was 18 and I thought he'd be incredible but because of the non-EU rules it took him a couple of seasons before he could get registered. By that time his development had stalled a touch (although he did have a couple of successful loan spells) and I had bought new CBs that were better and younger than him.

League:

We came close last year but stumbled at the wrong time. This year though it was never in doubt, we had our best start ever (it's usually one of our weaknesses) and never really let up. We did have a wobble in March and April but I was rotating a lot and at worst we had an 8 point gap and at best it was 14 with a game in hand. I felt we were helped by having 4 decent teams chasing us but none of those being good enough to break free from that pack to test us.

Cup:

Our best run in the cup so far and I feel we were cheated. During the first leg of the semi-final I felt we were cheated as it was during an international break and we lost so many players whilst Inter barely lost any. I have no idea how it wasn't postponed and the xG was basically even but my reserve keeper seems to be shit.

Super Cup:

Our Europa League win last year put us up against PSG the match details have been lost now but we got smacked 4-2. Their front 4 of Mbappe, Musiala, Pedri and Hungarian Messi was too much for us.

Europe:

League Phase:

As I mentioned before the Qarabag result is probably my worst ever but despite that we did well. We went down to 10 against City but my keeper pulled off some heroics, we battered Arsenal but lost due to a late goal and we fought hard against Liverpool. The other games we were great and went through to the playoffs.

Knockouts:

Toggle Spoiler

Squad:

Moukoko again our main source of goals where he was top scorer in the league (with only 25) and also the Champions League (17). He scored 4 fewer than last year but he played in 4 fewer games and he had more assists this year. I also think that I have let a few too many out the door lately and the squad is too thin right now although we did have some big injuries with our starting LB Kim Dara (broken leg), starting CM Desire Doue (shin splints) and starting ST Matthias Kauffman (broken ankle) missing at least a month.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worthing - 2023-24 Season

We managed to not only keep all but one of the players we wanted to after our Playoff disappointment last season (our best CB decided to go play in Northern Ireland for 3x what I could offer him), but we managed to convince nearly everyone to take a pay cut as well. This meant that there was some money in the wage budget so bring in a few reinforcements for the title challenge.

Most notable was Davide Rodari who had banged in 25 in 30 games for Dartford last season on loan from Crawley. He came in to be our new star striker and as it turned out he'd already had a spell on loan with us a couple of seasons ago.

I had expected him and last seasons top scored and club record goal scorer Ollie Pearce to be a formidable partnership up front, but early doors Pearce forgot how to kick a football, netting just 1 goal in the first 2 months of the season.

Rodari wasn't much better, happily bagging a hattrick against a Sunday League side in the FA Cup to pad his stats but being wildly inconsistent.

Ibby Akanbi not wanting to be replaced (and despite being rubbish) however continued to be an unlikely goal machine, and got us progressing up the table after another terrible start had left us in the bottom half after the first 5 games.

By January we had hit our stride, and the top of the table. We also made it to the FA Cup 1st round but we knocked out 2-1 by League One Cambridge United

Despite a couple of wobbles and at one point blowing an 8 point lead we held on to top spot for the rest of the season. Ebbsfleet United's 95 points would have been enough for the title last season, but having run us close they lost 3 of their last 5 games meaning it was a comfortable finish to the season for us.

105 points was also a new club and league record, and we also matched the record for most wins.

We made it to the semi finals of the FA Trophy but missed out on a second consecutive final, being knocked out 4-3 on aggregate by Aldershot town who finished 2nd in the VNL.

Rodari was our signing of the season, ending up with 31 goals and 11 assists but the board apparently resent paying the man £450 a week

Akanbi maintained his form to hit an impressive 44 goals netting him the golden boot and player of the year awards. Pearce also eventually found his form and ended the season with 24 goals and 15 assists

Jonathan Dinzeyi proved to be an absolute monster from set pieces bagging himself 16 goals from CB.

Promotion also means that the stadium needs some work, but it sounds like this is only going to decrease our gate receipts next season.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What set piece routines you running @Yeldoow? If you could 'save all routines' and upload them, I'd be interested.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    we're in for another improvement, even if it doesn't end up with a promotion this time around.
    Never in doubt:

Third consecutive promotion and our most dominant performance yet. We were quite undoubtedly the best team in the league, and what makes it all the more exciting is that the core of the team stayed the same as last season. Of course we improved here and there, especially defensively, but it's just nice to see that we still have a few players from when we were in the Conference still at the club and featuring fairly regularly:

Mullin being the best example of those. He scored big yet again, and singlehandedly won us a few games. In fact, he was 11 goals ahead of second place in the league and joint top on assists. Just impressive for a player that was in the Conference League just 2 seasons ago. O'Leary was massive between the posts once again and contributed a lot to our 10-point difference, superkeeping the opposition at times.

The problem is, I don't think we have what it takes to cut it in the Championship, our stadium is small, our squad probably needs several improvements and we are 2m in the red. But I guess, with such a dominant performance this season, more of the same would most probably see us clear of relegation, even if slightly.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 17-11-2022 at 03:03 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    What set piece routines you running @Yeldoow? If you could 'save all routines' and upload them, I'd be interested.
    I haven't spent a lot of time on them to be honest. The only ones I have actually set up are corners and that's only so far as aiming all corners near post and having the CBs attacking near post and far post.

Most of Dinzeyi's goals have been from corners and he's the one attacking near post.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently in 2079 in charge of Atlanta. It's getting close as we enter the final stretch of the season.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve started making TTH on FM23.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that result hasn't helped. 3 shit goals to let in. Edit: Inter next.

Last edited by Dquincy; 19-11-2022 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bottle job completed.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Bergamo Football Express mugging you off.