User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Elden Ring

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One try. Malenia took me about I'd say 15 tries, but I was very gung-ho in my approach. I noticed it was very easy to stagger her so I played very aggressive, resulting in some very fast deaths, but I killed her the second time I got to second phase.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually started a new playthrough (I don't really like ng+ concepts to be honest), with the intention of playing as a mage, and the early game feels very boring compared to melee. I would say it also feels easier, even spamming the one spell for the most part, but it would be an unfair comparison since I'm more experienced in the game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glintstone Pebble?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. The only real alternative early doors is carian slicer and/or the rapier, but then you're back to sort of being melee. The rest of the glintstone projectile spells seem kinda crap (though the arc is a lot of fun for big crowds) and the glintstone greatsword one that Rogier sells has the longest wind-up in recorded history. It was similar with incantations, but you get access to more of them from the get-go.

All that said, I expected the second playthrough to be much less fun for me since I cleared most of the game in the first go and you don't quite have the same sense of adventure/exploration, but it's still a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 21-02-2023 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get Rock Sling pretty early too I think, and it's pretty handy

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Today is a good day 🤤

Pllaying dark souls 3 on the ps5 at the minute but might bin that save and start this all over again

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet more balance changes coming. It's just ridiculous at this point.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The latest update has somehow wiped hours of progress from my save game. As far as I can tell, I've lost at least 12 levels, and have been pushed back to before my last respec, several bosses and untold hours of exploration ago.

Fecking bollocks.

I'd been banging my head against the Fire Giant for a while, anyway, the massive ginger cunt, but I doubt I'll go back to it now. It's a daunting thing of a game, at the best of times, without now trying to figure out what I have and haven't done at the point the save has reverted to.

What a game, though.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That guys easy to cheese in like 2-3 tries if you know the tactic.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got back into this and currently attempting a no summons run. Commander Niall is a bad man.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never actually ended up playing this with summons even though I've gone through it 3 times (for the platinum achievement). I remember struggling in my first encounter with the Misbegotten boss thingy in that castle in the south and then easily one-shotting it once I discovered that summons were a thing. I just started a new save after that, as it felt unrewarding.

What are you struggling with on Niall? Is it the summons or Niall himself?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Misbegotten was alright for me. I just waited for the jump attack and then got my hits in. Naill brings in a phantom or something, doesn't he? Not a fan of bosses that do that. It works if the main boss decides to hang back and whilst the other one goes on the offensive but not if their AI's are independent of one another.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I never actually ended up playing this with summons even though I've gone through it 3 times (for the platinum achievement). I remember struggling in my first encounter with the Misbegotten boss thingy in that castle in the south and then easily one-shotting it once I discovered that summons were a thing. I just started a new save after that, as it felt unrewarding.

What are you struggling with on Niall? Is it the summons or Niall himself?
    Yeah, Niall. Can take his summons out quite easily but he's such an aggressive mother fucker I struggle to stay alive once he's on his own and he starts going for it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Misbegotten was alright for me. I just waited for the jump attack and then got my hits in. Naill brings in a phantom or something, doesn't he? Not a fan of bosses that do that. It works if the main boss decides to hang back and whilst the other one goes on the offensive but not if their AI's are independent of one another.
    It was my first boss in my first souls game, hence the struggle. Which actually made him a great introductory boss as he has punishing but very telegraphed attacks.

Niall starts with two phantoms, one of which is that bastard that's dual-wielding. All three are very easy to kite though and Niall himself is very passive in that phase. If memory serves me well, in my dex save where I was playing bloodhound fang, I think I sort of ignored the phantoms and just whittled Niall down until he phased and despawned the phantoms. On a mage the phantoms were easy pickings but I had to be more careful in his second phase as some punishment opportunities are too short for most spells.

@Yev: I think he's one of the prime examples where you just need to stop trying to punish and just learn his moveset. Strafing is also really helpful on this fight.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 10-02-2024 at 12:06 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, think he's as clear a case of 'git gud' as there is. Parked him for now and went through the Subterenean Shunning Grounds instead, taking out little Mohg and doing some annoying but rewarding platforming.

Elsewhere I'm up to the Fire Giant but don't want to progress that just yet as as soon as I beat him the temptation to light the fire and progress to Farum Azula will be too great to resist and it'll fuck a few quests I have on the go.

Which reminds me, let's call a spade a spade on that, they're absolute dogshit. I know we all had a circle jerk at the time due to no map markers and quest logs (lol Ubisoft etc.), but the game absolutely does have those things, you just have to use the Wiki to find them.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are yeah. I'm fine with no markers and the more cryptic style, but at least give me a journal that has the discussions I've had with the npcs (in a sort of RDR style). Expecting the player to remember all of that and/or write it down is a bit too much.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it or hate it that's been the From way all the way back to King's Field tbh. They were never gonna change it, and I can see why a lot hate it, but it's just part of their USP.

Still the best game ever made.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lies of P handily marks the bonfire locations when an NPC quest progresses.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Love it or hate it that's been the From way all the way back to King's Field tbh. They were never gonna change it, and I can see why a lot hate it, but it's just part of their USP.

Still the best game ever made.
    I think they realised themselves that it doesn't lend itself well to a game of this size, hence all the markers in the game now for merchants and other NPC's.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its more this brought more non-From fans to the table and they listened to the feedback. The 'hardcore' (shudder) don't care.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niall down.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched a bit of your stream Yev, using my fav weapon. It's so fucking good. Have you overlevelled again to about 450?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha. I am the Elden Lord again, 159 this time with no summons. Didn't do much grinding bar when I didn't want to waste a pile I was sat on, there are just so many runes in the game when you do a fair bit of the side stuff.

Now for Melania.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DLC trailer out today. 3pm UK time

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I guess I'm reinstalling that.