User Tag List

Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,950 of 4586

Thread: FIFA 20: Sponsored by VOLTA Football, apparently.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Kessie looks incredible. Not sure I could ever fit him in though so I’ll concentrate on getting Mendy this week. I’ve got a raft of decent La Liga untradeables (85 Vinicius, 93 Moreno, 89 Gil Dias and 90 Avila all perform well as supersubs) and 4 of my starting WL team are French already, so hoping it’ll be easy enough to do the 89 without straining too much.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completed Perisic's SBC and one segment of Ndombele's with all the various fodder from rewards and upgrade grinding yesterday. I also managed to complete Kessie this afternoon, along with 8/10 games for the 87 Mendy.

Haven't started Weekend League yet though, so that is going to be one hell of a grind from now till tomorrow evening. 14 wins is the primary aim for the 2 picks, with Gold 2 the dream if I can get all 30 games in. Perisic will go straight into the first team, while Kessie will be the defensive supersub of choice for the weekend.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    M/M kills any striker, so it doesn't really matter what stats Jovic has, he won't be very good.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh he looks a bit underpowered for the value for me. I’ll keep my Osimhen, who’s fucking incredible.

Speaking of M/M, I’m continually fielding one in midfield which is annoying normally, but Evander has been incredible for me this weekend. I had planned on replacing him with that 92 Draxler, which I’m 10k XP shy of, so should have by the end of the week, but at this rate it might be difficult for him to displace Evander after all.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up on 14 wins with 4 games remaining, so 14-12, but more like 14-9... more on that...

Can’t be arsed with the rest as I’m pissed off at the 3 DC’s I’ve had in suspicious circumstances - all Within seconds of going 1-0 up, 2-0 up and drawing level at 1-1 respectively, all booting me to the start screen and giving me a loss and DNF, despite me not losing Xbox live connectivity or having any issues getting straight back into FUT. Frustrating, as otherwise I’d have backed myself to get Gold 2 this weekend.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That perisic card looks good. You could play him anywhere really. Makes me tempted to do him and Modric flashback and get eder militao in there too.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the worst weekend yet for gameplay regarding Weekend League for me. It's incredibly unresponsive, close dribbling is impossible and I'm conceding so many goals for passes directly at the opponent or tackles that immediately rebound to him.

I'm 5-8 going into today.... I was 9-4 last weekend at the same point, and 10-5 the weekend before.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got headliners Reus from the Jumbo Premium Gold Pack via the Inter SBC.

The safe door made it look like the pack only contained a standard gold card and when I opened it no animation occured and Reus popped up.

Not sure whether to sell or keep. Advice welcome.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the Prime Icon SBC and of course got 89 Sol Campbell, whose Moments card I was already using. I've now done five SBCs that guarantee a specific class of card and in three of them I've pulled someone I already had. Just horrible.

Richarlison continues to cause absolute bedlam in the opposition defence any time he gets the ball. His first touch almost always puts him into at least a yard of space no matter where he is, so opponents are left with the option of lunging in or giving a 93 striker an unopposed shot on goal.

For anyone who can fit him in, I can't recommend TOTS Matheus Pereira highly enough. I think he's about 75k now and he's an absolute menace.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yevrah he is supposed to be a good card but with bundesliga is ending soon so unlikely to get boosted. Might be worth selling and picking up again later should he interest you.

Did that moments player SBC with crap in the club and got a duplicate Ramsey. So need to find something to throw him into (ill be passing on Ndombele and Jovic)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    @Yevrah he is supposed to be a good card but with bundesliga is ending soon so unlikely to get boosted. Might be worth selling and picking up again later should he interest you.

Did that moments player SBC with crap in the club and got a duplicate Ramsey. So need to find something to throw him into (ill be passing on Ndombele and Jovic)
    Cheers Danny. He's dropped by 40k since I posted that so I might list him up overnight for what he was going for earlier and see if anyone bites. Got IF Hummels to, so could be close to bringing in 250k, which would be nice.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I'm actually going to play FIFA now, with my best team. Seems worth knocking in the 8-10 games I'd need to get Elite 3 in Squad Battles.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont even know what that is anymore.

I have 87 Mendy in. 5 games played. 1 cross assist (we have missed some serious sitters) and 2 outside the box goals (completed with Ben Yedder)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kamada from that SBC, who I already have. At least it's a 91 I guess.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did it.

Got a duplicate Leon Bailey.

I've really been put on their shitlist.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Perisic and MOTM Havertz to pump up my Bundesliga team. Not really arsed about playing much any more though

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully, managed to have a really decent afternoon/evening session yesterday on FUT Champs, going 9-3 to recover to 14-11. Gameplay was still very stodgy and I don't doubt a couple of opponents were definitely impacted too as I scored a few questionable goals. Both Werner and Müller scored over 25 goals this weekend - Müller definitely performs a lot better as the central CAM behind Werner.

That Moments SBC is tempting, in case I get one of the big cards available (Hazard, Lucas, etc.), but there are a lot of shitters that could make it a right waste of time. If I generate enough fodder through league SBCs, I'll do it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold Reus overnight for 200k, taking me back up to 1.4m coins and have just chucked Kamada's duplicate into Havertz. Probably a waste but, fuck it. Means I don't have to piss about with quick sell recovery and inevitably forget.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone used moments Ferdinand? His agility and balance is shocking but I would like to use him. Sergio Ramos TOTS is a similar price, and he would easily go into my team.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t but I still use the Baby a lot as he is still good and makes linking easier. I imagine that one is a monster.

This summer showdown thing is interesting. Looks like the SBC ends after the game too so you can pick up the winner (assuming the game isn’t a draw) after.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His agility and balance are more than fine for a CB.

Look at Van Dijk, his TOSSF has 77/66.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both of those showdown cards look mustard so I'll do both SBC's.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished 89 Mendy's 12 games tonight. Might mess with getting the next one while doing whatever objectives they throw up next.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashford looks good but too expensive for me

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still worse than his TOTS on 7 chem. Ill pass.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Headliners Semedo from the voting pack. Probably sell him as I have 89 Mendy and 92 Regulion as my full backs. Mendy's 5* seeing him play RB.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mertens from the Party Bag

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nathan Ake, lol.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's actually in that Party Bag? Only the players in the three categories that are in packs currently?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The market is now so inflated, Saul's regular card is more than his headliner.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aiming to get 87 Mendy done before the weekend, then the 89 next week. I’ve done the Premium Modric flashback in preparation, and will throw most of my league SBC TOTS into doing Militao’s, giving me a nice Real Madrid strong link trio on the left. TOTS Avila, Storyline Gil Dias and Neto should complete my Liga Santander starters.

A few position modifiers and I’ll have everyone in my final team on ten Chem aside from my right back Mariano, but I’ll upgrade to TOTS Lala at some point soon after. Maybe whilst going for the 89 if I can afford it. I’ve got to the point where I’m slowly liquidating, only keeping those clubs I’m likely to complete soon.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did a few of the 82-88 packs to burn some non rares. Apparently the animation is broken for Headliners? I got a non board that just went straight to it being 87 HL Delaney

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, same thing happened when I got Reus.

Van Aanholt from the SBC. Great party that was.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving around the puzzle pieces on futbin and most full-backs moved to centre back on 7 chem are miles better than a 10 chem central defender.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been flogging off some 83/84 rated cards for mental prices

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These Bruno cards

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    These Bruno cards
    Indeed. Even the 90 card is great, certainly for the "price".

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair play to EA for that one. His 94 will be one of the best cards in the game, assume the others aren't too shabby either, but a 90, 91 and 92 to whack into an SBC when you're done is immense.

In other news, Kent is in draft and it's a tragedy he didn't win. It also looks like they might have broken the upgrade path on the new TOTW, some look to have been boosted beyond the usual formula.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I will actually work on that main Mendy while doing the "play" games with Bruno.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to do the two longer Kessie objectives still and most of Mendy, so I can feel a day of grind coming on to hammer through all three.

Finished the two Bundesliga SBC's too, but think I'll pass on Rashford. Have most of the league SBC's ready to tip in again too, so a Prime Icon could be on the cards, but assume Firmino tomorrow will make a dent in that. Particularly as 80 and 81 cards in flank positions now seem to be going for 5k+.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two games, two Mendy assists and two people leaving when I put him upfront bastards.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if there's a shitter 'community' than the FIFA one.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I don't know if there's a shitter 'community' than the FIFA one.
    Its the way the game is designed for me. Are there any other games that have a lottery style reward system you can loaf money on like fifa points?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed, EA's shithousery doesn't help.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It being based around football doesn’t help.

Not sure I’ll complete Kessie. Ground out the Serie A goals today, well all but one... Annoyingly it should have been done last night as I gave two guys wins in exchange for goals (I’m using TOTS Gosens as my only half decent Serie A player but his M/H WR, 3* WF and general shite movement doesn’t lend itself to lots of goals). In the first I got three, then did the remaining 7 in the next game but the game bugged out at the end - that thing where it doesn’t load the menu at full time and neither of us got our objectives. I’ve still got the 5 wins with goals and assists from midfielders to go (1/6). I’d normally get it through Aouar but I had him as a CF until today due to needing him as a forward for the Raphinha stuff the other week, and it’s taken three fucking days to snipe a CF>AM card.

We’ll see. Would be nice to net him for a super sub as he looks nuts.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's Kessie done, finished off with a 2-1 win against a total cock having come from 1-0 down.

Set the squad up so I can do the second cards of Mendy and Bruno in tandem.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished Kessie and Bruno in the same game. I might do the same as you, Yev - albeit that’ll mean pretty much throwing games as if asked to put together a Premier League and France XI it’s not going to be particularly pretty. Nonetheless, worth it to get an extra 91 and the 89 Mendy. Might try to get a few played whilst I’m working, accepting the loss and just twiddling the joystick.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got Boly's Rare Gold card in mine to make it work.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked him up yesterday as well, from the pack that came with Kessie! Pack fixing, clearly.

Hamdallah from the first WL picks. 93 Busquets from the second. Headliner Joelinton, 2 x 85, 1 x 84 and 2 x 83s from the packs. Took the coins from DR. Sets me up well for further SBCs and probably have enough to replace 8 Chem Mariano with 10 chem TOTS Lala

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opened up the red picks - 88 rated Jordi Quintilla in the first. He looks pretty average, CDM from the Swiss league. Out comes 95 rated TAA in the second, really chuffed with that as a red pick considering all the players I could have got. For comparison, another one of the options in those reds was 83 rated Haller - a nice red version of his non-upgraded OTW card.

Some 84s and 83s in the packs which will go towards the Boetius SBC. I did the guaranteed Moments SBC last night and got a duplicate Kamada, who went straight into the Diaby SBC, so I will have both of the Summer Showdown cards this evening, ready for their upgrade(s).