User Tag List

Thread: Review your teams season 18/19

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review your teams season 18/19

Premier league season is officially which is the most important competition. There are still a few cup competition to clear up, but for most of us. Your team’s season has been completed. How did you do?

Thread stolen from Lee, who stole it from GS, who stole is from Yevrah.

Predection thread from the start of the season

https://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/showt...diction-thread

OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team:
    Team’s final finishing position :
    Expectations (at start of the season):
    Team’s performance out of 10:
    Best result:
    Worst result:
    Other comments:

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season:
    Worst player of the season:
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award:
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award:
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award:
    Unsung hero:

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season:
    Worst signing this season:
    Transfer policy out of 10:
    I would like to see us sign:
    I would like to see us sell:
    The team will die if he is sold:

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager:
    Manager’s performance out of 10:
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO):
    Overall performance comments:
    What needs improving?:

PREDECTIONS FOR NEXT SEASON

My realistic expectations for next season:
    What I think we'll achieve:
    Worst nightmare:
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 13-05-2019 at 10:14 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Wolves
    Expectations (at start of the season): Mid-table. 12th or above
    Team’s final finishing position : 7th
    Team’s performance out of 10: 10
    Best result: Wolves have had a few. Beating Liverpool and Man Utd in the FA Cup.
    Worst result: Losing to Watford at Wembley after being 2-0 up with 10 minutes left
    Other comments: Only losing 3 games against the Big Six in 12 league games was amazing. I was confident at the start of the season, but I didn’t think it would go so smoothly. Comfortably finished in 7th place and being best of the rest. I didn’t expected them to go relegated and a lot of predictors, had Wolves comfortably in mid-table. It was clear the team was special. Wolves didnt conceded many goals (only four teams condeced less) but they didnt score many either. Still an excellent season.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: A difficult one but I'm going for Matt Doherty. Playing as a Right wing back or right midfield player depending on how you look at the system, He has been outstanding. Scored some important goals and featured in every single game.
    Worst player of the season:
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Diogo Jota. When Wolves switched from 3 forwards and moved to 2. He really did take off playing with Jimenez as a strike pair. He has lots of energy and most of his goals, involved him picking up the ball and running past several players before finishing with either foot.
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: Jonny. Right footed players at left wing back isn’t a bad idea at all. I didn’t like the signing originally and would have rather Wolves kept Barry Douglas. Jonny fitted into the system like all the other players and it turned out really well.
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Adama Traore. Lad has super speed. But he can’t finish or pass to save his life. We used him in the perfect way though. Bring him on with 20 minutes left and stick him out wide as an outlet.
    Unsung hero: Joao Moutinho. For a little guy, he really does fly into tackles like he is Vieira. More assists than anyone else in midfield.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Raul Jimenez. I didn’t expect him to be so good. The man works his socks off for the team and didn’t put a foot wrong all season.
    Worst signing this season: Adama Troare. You cant really judge players until they start games and he didn’t start many. Used a sub in 90% of the games, and even then. His final decisions are shocking.
    Transfer ratings out of 10: 10
    I would like to see us sign: Ryan Sessegnon. He had a poor season at Fulham from what I can tell, but I think there is still some potential in here. Put I'm at left wing back in the Wolves system and I think he would do really well.
    I would like to see us sell: Keep them all
    The team will die if he is sold: Ruben Neves. He has been asked to play a different role compared to last season. Much more of a defensive responsibility. He is the heartbeat of the team.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Dr Nuno Espirito Santo
    Manager’s performance out of 10: 10
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): No chance
    Overall performance comments: Team wasn’t performing great during November and switch from the 343 formation to the 352 and it kick-started the season once again
    What needs improving?: Squad is very small and need more bodies in defence. Luckily, Wolves didn’t suffer from any major injures at all with the same starting 11 named in about 30 games. I can’t see that lasting for next year.

My realistic expectations for next season: Same again. Mid-table
    What I think we'll achieve: Same again. Mid-table
    Worst nightmare: Second season is always more difficulty than the first. I don’t want to see Wolves floating above the relegation Zone towards Christmas.
    Other comments: Adama broke the curse. He was relegated with Aston Villa and Middlesbrough in his other two seasons in the league. The Portuguese trick worked in the Championship. It then worked again once Wolves got to the Premier League. Will Dr Nuno try it again though and will it work for a third year in a row? My predictions for this season in relation to player performance was totally wrong. I thought Jonny and Jimenez would be awful, but both turned out better than expected. More of the same for next season.
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 13-05-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Manchester United
    Team’s final finishing position : 6th
    Expectations (at start of the season): League title challenge
    Team’s performance out of 10: 3/10
    Best result: 3-1 against PSG
    Worst result: 0-4 against Everton
    Other comments: Absolutely awful season with a brilliant couple of months in the middle.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Fuck me, really? Lindelof probably
    Worst player of the season: Ashley Young, but there are 6 or 7 others.
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: McTominay
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: McTominay
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Sanchez
    Unsung hero: I'm not sure we have any. Dalot probably?

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Diego Dalot
    Worst signing this season: Fred - absolutely hopeless
    Transfer policy out of 10: 2/10
    I would like to see us sign: I don't know where to start. Sancho looks good, but would cost a fortune. We need so many new players.
    I would like to see us sell: Sanchez, Jones, Young, Smalling, Rojo, Matic, Darmian, Pereira, Martial, Lukaku
    The team will die if he is sold: No-one.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Solskjaer
    Manager’s performance out of 10: 5/10. 9/10 for the first half, 1/10 for the second half
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): I'm not sure. Heart says no, head is leaning towards yes.
    Overall performance comments: He just can't seem to motivate the players. But neither could Mourinho. So fuck it, sell the players.
    What needs improving?: Tactically he seems okay actually - he's set us up well in quite a few big games. But he got it wrong recently against Chelsea, and I have no idea why he persists in playing Ashley Young.

My realistic expectations for next season: 3rd
    What I think we'll achieve: 5th
    Worst nightmare: We barely sign anyone and then sack Ole in October.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Chelsea
    Team’s final finishing position : 3rd
    Expectations (at start of the season): I think I said top 6 and cup runs
    Team’s performance out of 10: 6
    Best result: Home win over Spurs came at a crucial juncture
    Worst result: 4-0 defeat at Bournemouth (we have one in us every January)
    Other comments: 6-0 at City got the headlines but our worst stuff was in the innumerable games against shite where we refused to try anything different to break them down. This did improve towards the end.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Eden Hazard, although he still went missing in the middle as he always does
    Worst player of the season: Mateo Kovacic is not bad as such, but a completely pointless footballer.
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: It pains me to say this, but Marcos Alonso goals burgled us 3 points which helped. Kanté had some humdingers against big sides but that's just normal service for him.
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: Giroud? He's not terrible, tbf, he just overperforms and probably has done his whole career.
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Jorginho is a good footballer but after 1 game you knew he was unsuited to English football and so he is.
    Unsung hero: Kanté doesn't get enough praise. Sarri put him in a weird role this season and he still absolutely donned it, adding some goals to his game in the process.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: I like Kepa, not only for his dreamy stare but also his keeping has been solid.
    Worst signing this season: Kovacic. At least Jorginho has a thing that he does for the team. Kovacic is just there: present, but not involved.
    Transfer policy out of 10: They just make it up as they go along, so 4.
    I would like to see us sign: Other than Hazard there are no goals in the team, so literally anyone in any position who likes to notch.
    I would like to see us sell: No one in particular, but Pedro and Willian are probably close to the hill of 'over the hill' fame. David Luiz, perhaps, but the transfer ban makes it difficult.
    The team will die if he is sold: Hazard, so that's awkward isn't it.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Maurizio Sarri
    Manager’s performance out of 10: 5
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): No
    Overall performance comments: He has actually improved as the season has gone on, though our decent finish has been despite him in many ways. He is a complete ideologue, which isn't a great quality unless you are 'Pep' and have unlimited funds to buy the perfect team for your ideology. Sarri doesn't have that, so his stubbornness then becomes a problem. His match management is fairly awful but I enjoy the bluntness of his media work. In summary, we might as well stick with him.
    What needs improving?: If he could learn to adapt to what is going on in specific games and make tweaks/substitutions accordingly, he would be a far better manager. It surprises me that he has emerged from a nomadic lower league career as surely he will have had to be pragmatic at all his clubs pre-Napoli.

My realistic expectations for next season: 6th/7th if Hazard leaves
    What I think we'll achieve: About that, but with poor or no recruitment could drop towards mid table
    Worst nightmare: I think Hazard has been worth about 20 points to us recently, but if it turns out to be 40 then we're in bother.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive added the original predection thread to the original post if you wish to compare

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team’s final finishing position : 6th
    Expectations (at start of the season): Top 4
    Team’s performance out of 10: 4, elevated slightly by not entirely shitting the bed in the Champions League.
    Best result: The comeback against PSG.
    Worst result: The 4-0 defeat away at Everton was pretty grim.
    Other comments: A properly grim end to the season after OGB initially injected it with a bit of hope and some of the points thrown away really do make failing to finish in the top 4 pretty unforgivable.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE
    Best player of the season: Who got the POTY at the club awards, was it Shaw? He's probably in the conversation. I suppose statistically it'll be Pogba even though it's mostly through a brief period of flat-track-bullying. His turning up in a game against a good team more often would have been helpful.
    Worst player of the season: Sanchez. There's plenty of competition for this though.
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Dunno if anybody properly qualifies. I feel like a decent percentage of Rashford's goals were important ones but as the season went on he was increasingly anonymous too.
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: Not an Alpha Don in the squad but Lindelof has largely been a pleasant surprise.
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: I suppose I was clinging to some shred of hope that Sanchez might sort his life out so I'll give this one to FEC.
    Unsung hero: We haven't been good enough to have any players who've been decent and not got the credit for it because they kinda stand out. Maybe Lindelof again?

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE
    Best signing of the season: Dalot, not that it's a strong field.
    Worst signing this season: Fred.
    Transfer policy out of 10: 4/10. I don't really know if Fred was a bad signing on paper or not but it's not worked out for him so far. Dalot was a good signing and we do need fullbacks so that was sensible but there's still so much rubbish in the squad despite all the money we've spent.
    I would like to see us sign: An actual good, dominant centre-half, if Dalot is now being pushed as a winger we need a proper right back too. That'll do for a start. Really depends who we manage to get rid of. I'd like us to try and bring a few of these youth players into the squad properly because frankly they can't do any worse than some of the dross we've got.
    I would like to see us sell: Getting rid of both Smalling and Jones seems unlikely but hopefully one of them gets shuffled on. I've seen chat that to get rid of Sanchez we'll likely to have to cover a bunch of his wages. I'd take that.
    The team will die if he is sold: There isn't a single one, which is a great thing to say when it's because your team is strong. Less so when it's because they're a bit crap.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE
    Manager: Ole Gunnar Binskjaer.
    Manager’s performance out of 10: 6? Nailed it at first, seemingly lifting the players by virtue of not being Jose. All weirdly went to shit as soon as he got the job which I still can't quite work out the logic behind.
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): No.
    Overall performance comments: It's hard to say how much of the downturn is his fault, how much is on the squad he's inherited, how much is just part of the general malaise around the club regarding all things that aren't do with lining up noodle deals.
    What needs improving?: Fitness of the team and defence.

My realistic expectations for next season: Two seasons outside of the top 4 would be pretty shit for a number of reasons and outside Liverpool and City nobody else is amazing so that has to be the target.
    What I think we'll achieve: I suppose we'll probably get top 6 again.
    Worst nightmare: [/QUOTE] That we finish outside the top 6 and still nothing fundamentally changes because the Glazers don't care so long as Woowar is bringing the money in.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Liverpool
    Team’s final finishing position : Best Runners Up Ever™
    Expectations (at start of the season): No idea, but nowhere near this many points.
    Best result: If it's all comps then 4-0 against Messi, if it's the league, probably one of the away games towards the end they nicked late (Southampton or Newcastle).
    Worst result: Home draw with Leicester was probably the worst result of the season, although the 1-1 at Arsenal felt shite as well (and the enemy 0-0s)
    Other comments: I don't think anyone seriously thought Liverpool would accumulate so many points this season

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Van Dijk
    Worst player of the season: Lovren
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Mané? Probably Van Dijk.
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: Origi
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Lallana seems to have totally lost it
    Unsung hero: Wijnaldum

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Allison
    Worst signing this season: Keita
    Transfer policy out of 10: 8
    I would like to see us sign: A back-up leftback and another forward type, I have no idea of actual players though. Sessegnon and Pepe.
    I would like to see us sell: No one really, Moreno, Sturridge and Lallana will probably leave.
    The team will die if he is sold: Klopp, if it has to be a player then Van Dijk

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Klopp
    Manager’s performance out of 10: 10
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): Nein
    Overall performance comments: He's perfectly suited to the job
    What needs improving?: Nothing

My realistic expectations for next season: 90+ points again and win the league
    What I think we'll achieve: Probably 2nd on 88 points
    Worst nightmare: Teeth falling out

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't watched that much of Liverpool this year (or anybody outside United games), what's the deal with Keita? Was he properly crap or just a bit nothing-y?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They only made 4 signings and the other 3 were better in terms of contribution. Keita has been fine. Started well, injured, faded a bit but has come back decent enough towards the end of the season. You probably want more for £50m or whatever it was, but I think he will improve next season. We're not talking Fred bad here.

I think my biggest hope going forward is that one of the massive transfer bullets City have dodged (Sanchez, Fred, Jorginho) hits them this summer.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone told me the other day that Jorginho had shagged their mate in a nightclub toilet.

Nothing else, just thought I'd pass it on.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    They only made 4 signings and the other 3 were better in terms of contribution. Keita has been fine. Started well, injured, faded a bit but has come back decent enough towards the end of the season. You probably want more for £50m or whatever it was, but I think he will improve next season. We're not talking Fred bad here.

I think my biggest hope going forward is that one of the massive transfer bullets City have dodged (Sanchez, Fred, Jorginho) hits them this summer.
    Thats a good point. Someone else made a similar point about £50m players. Most of them in this league over recent years have been awful.

Same with Man Utd transfers since Alex left. Myabe they change their policy this summer.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team’s final finishing position: Sixth
    Expectations (at start of the season): I think a slightly less distant second
    Team’s performance out of 10: Four
    Best result: The comeback against PSG, or the FA Cup game at Chelsea
    Worst result: All of the others
    Other comments: Ole Gunnar Binman is such a lol nickname

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Nobody
    Worst player of the season: Phil Jones or Romelu Lukaku, since 'Alexis' never really played
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: The Reigning, defending, undisputed Manager's Player of the Year Scott McTominay
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: McTominay by default
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Lukaku
    Unsung hero: Randrew for seemingly bothering to still watch every match

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Lee Grant
    Worst signing this season: Fred
    Transfer policy out of 10: Two
    I would like to see us sign: Centre-back, shit-kicking midfielder, play-making midfielder, right-sided attacker, and replacements for whichever bigger names leave
    I would like to see us sell: Everyone except the goalkeeping pool, Victor Lindelof, Nemanja Matic, Diogo Dalot, Chris Smalling (testimonial year lads), and those with an academy connection
    The team will die if he is sold: Nobody really, but I could write all of the CRISIS articles for you now if they managed to lose Marcus Rashford

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Ole Gunnar Binman, aka 'OGB'
    Manager’s performance out of 10: I would say a six bearing in mind everyone looks as tired as they are shit
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): I would give him a year
    Overall performance comments: No
    What needs improving?: He needs to park in the fucking space provided for him the soft twat

My realistic expectations for next season: Top four if the summer goes well, otherwise fifth/sixth again
    What I think we'll achieve: As above
    Worst nightmare: A City/Liverpool treble

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team’s final finishing position : Sixth
    Expectations (at start of the season): Second or third
    Team’s performance out of 10: Three
    Best result: Comeback against PSG
    Worst result: There's a shit load to pick from but I'd say the 4-0 to Everton
    Other comments: One of the worst seasons I've had the chance to witness from us, although there were a few good months when the Binman came in.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Lindelof probably
    Worst player of the season: Phillip Jones but there's a lot of competition
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: McTominay I guess
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: Lindelof, he's properly turned himself around.
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Sanchez or Jones
    Unsung hero: What Lewis said

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Dalot
    Worst signing this season: Fred, fuck me he's shit
    Transfer policy out of 10: Three
    I would like to see us sign: De Ligt is probably at the top of a long list as we have so many holes
    I would like to see us sell: Jones, Smalling, Young, Matic, Bailly, Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial, Rojo and there are probably more.
    The team will die if he is sold: No one but Rashford is probably the closest.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: The Binman
    Manager’s performance out of 10: Five
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): No, he needs a year
    Overall performance comments: Fucking shit
    What needs improving?: Getting the team to care?

My realistic expectations for next season: Sixth I suppose
    What I think we'll achieve: I think that seems fair as I doubt the others will be willing to shit the bed in the race for the top 4 again.
    Worst nightmare: We don't get rid of THE SHIT.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads

I did as well, I did watch every game.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Tottenham
    Team’s final finishing position : 4
    Expectations (at start of the season): 7 or 8
    Team’s performance out of 10: I guess it has to be an 8 even though we've played the worst we've played in years
    Best result: Performance, 6-2 vs Everton. One of few games where we played in the style we've played in years prior. Result, probably the 3-2 Ajax game last week. Obviously City away in the QF is up there too.
    Worst result: The loss to Burnley a couple weeks ago. They're such a horrible team.
    Other comments: CL is all that matters in football, so if we win that it doesn't matter how or why we did anything else.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Son
    Worst player of the season: Trippier
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Moura, jesus christ
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: Sissoko, although at this point he's actually brilliant
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Trippier. Dier a close second.
    Unsung hero: Sissoko's been sung a lot. Maybe Rose? Or Lloris. Definitely none of our other midfielders.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
    Worst signing this season: Tottenham Hotspur Stadium executive cheese room
    Transfer policy out of 10: 0
    I would like to see us sign: A few midfielders. Van de Beek? Tielemans? Is Milinkovic-Savic still around? Two wing-backs, let's say Wan-Bissaka and Sessegnon. And another striking option.
    I would like to see us sell: If Eriksen can fetch good money, then him. Otherwise, as long as we get rid of Trippier and Eric Dier, we'll be golden.
    The team will die if he is sold: Son/Kane, but neither of those two is leaving. We can live without Alderweireld and the rest. Sissoko is suprisingly high on the list of irreplaceables.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Poch
    Manager’s performance out of 10: 8
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): ...
    Overall performance comments: He gets the team motivated, so even though he's not a tactician extraordinaire he's obviously great for us.
    What needs improving?: He's too loyal to some of the idiots on our team. I also think part of the blame for not signing anyone last season was on him, he's too stubborn with getting exactly the right kind of player.

My realistic expectations for next season: 3rd-4th
    What I think we'll achieve: 3rd-4th
    Worst nightmare: Our summer is an abomination yet again and we drop out of the top 4.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Newcastle United
    Team’s final finishing position : 13th
    Expectations (at start of the season): Avoid the drop. Just.
    Team’s performance out of 10: 7/10
    Best result: The win against City, without doubt.
    Worst result: I felt really annoyed by the 0-3 defeat against West Ham.
    Other comments: Comfortably surviving by 13 points which seemed a daft pipedream before wins against City and Cardiff.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: There's a few to choose from, to be fair. Longstaff's come of age, Rondon gave us an actual focus in attack, Schar's been fantastic at the back.
    Worst player of the season: Joselu. He should be down a division or back in Spain.
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Sean Longstaff. Looks composed in the middle and chases down lost causes.
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: I kinda want to say Perez on this one. Two thirds of the year he didn't really offer a lot but started to bang them in at the end. I guess his fortunes mirror the club.
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Joselu. Also, Rolando Aarons is done.
    Unsung hero: Isaac Hayden. Handed in a transfer request at the start of the year and soldiered on.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Schar, Almiron or Rondon. Take your pick.
    Worst signing this season: Muto. Aside from the goal against United, he doesn't look that sharp. Has Barreca done owt?
    Transfer policy out of 10: 8/10
    I would like to see us sign: Rondon permanently and a permanent left-back.
    I would like to see us sell: Gayle and Joselu. The former thrives at a certain level. Time's up for Aarons and Saivet.

The team will die if he is sold: Rafa Benitez.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Rafael Benitez
    Manager’s performance out of 10: 8/10
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): Nope.
    Overall performance comments: We've looked good since switching to three at the back and Almiron added a spark to the midfield.
    What needs improving?: Mike Ashley's shit attitude.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Lads

I did as well, I did watch every game.
    Explains the headaches.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Brighton and Hove Albion
    Team’s final finishing position 17th.
    Expectations (at start of the season): 11th.
    Team’s performance out of 10: 5.
    Best result: 3-2 v Man United & 3-1 v Palace.
    Worst result: 0-5 v Bournemouth.
    Other comments: Triffic first half; dire second half.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Ryan.
    Worst player of the season: Jahanbakhsh.
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Murray.
    Unsung hero: Bernardo.
    Special mention: Bruno. What a player, what a guy. He is a better player than Montoya as long as he is fit. I guess he hasn't got it in his legs to play 90 minutes week after week. He's been a real joy to watch throughout the Amex years and is responsible for some of my favourite memories combining with Spanish Dave and then Knockaert on the right wing.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Yves Bissouma. Lots more to come from him.
    Worst signing this season: Jahanbakhsh.
    Transfer policy out of 10: 5.
    I would like to see us sign: A replacement for Stephens (not a bad player, but limited and takes too many touches before passing, which heavily contributed to our predictability when teams sat back); a striker to replace the old legs of Murray; maybe a winger.
    I would like to see us sell: I wouldn't be that sad seeing Jahanbakhsh or Locadia go, but there's nobody I'm actively hoping we sell.
    The team will die if he is sold: Matt Ryan/Lewis Dunk.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Chris Hughton - until this morning.
    Manager’s performance out of 10: 6.
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): He's gone.
    Overall performance comments: Hughton had a great reign. This season was obviously ruined by the second half. The formation change this season (4-4-1-1 to 4-5-1) didn't work out and I think was ill-suited to our players. We were very limited when trying to break teams down and that's partly the players but Hughton and the coaches have to take some blame too. There was never a real crisis feeling despite such an awful run after Christmas and I think that's credit to the way Hughton handles himself.

My realistic expectations for next season: 11th.
    Worst nightmare: As Niko said in the May football thread, that we 'do a Palace' in hiring somebody like De Boer, it doesn't work out, and we don't get out of an early mess the way Roy Hodgson managed to.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How has no-one noticed the massive typo in the copypasta? How long has it been in there?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Newcastle
    Team’s final finishing position : 13th
    Expectations (at start of the season): Mid-table
    Team’s performance out of 10: 7
    Best result: City
    Worst result: Getting robbed by Forest in the second round of the League Cup
    Other comments: Despite the team achieving what was expected, they get a good score because part of that expectation is knowing that Rafa will do a good job. We're so fucked without him, but somebody needs to kill Mike Ashley ASAP.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Rondon
    Worst player of the season: Joselu
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Nobody really stands out. I feel like Rondon, Ritchie and Lejeune have had their moments in big games.
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: Hayden went from being a squad player getting sent off at right back to enjoying an amazing partnership with Longstaff. It'll be sad to see him go, but understandably he wants to leave the club to be closer to his daughter. He's gone out on a massive high.
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Joselu. Its just absurd how bad he is. Its cringe-worthy stuff.
    Unsung hero: Ayoze until recently. He works his bollocks off, but has come into form recently because Almiron has opened up so much space for him. The stick he got should have been aimed at Ashley, but because he has a decent highlight reel and things weren't coming off he got booed. He's been injured a lot, but I'll say Lejeune too. Him and Schar are so good.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Schar, since Rondon is only a loan, but I will add that anybody who thought Rondon would be shit for us is thick as fuck.
    Worst signing this season: Muto cost money, so him, but that left-back from Monaco who hasn't played was pointless. I think there's still hope for Muto.
    Transfer policy out of 10: 7
    I would like to see us sign: Rondon, as well as some quality all over the pitch.
    I would like to see us sell: I think Shelvey's time is up. He's nowhere near consistent enough. We have plenty of shit players that I wouldn't mind leaving, too, but there's no guarantee anybody will be replaced.
    The team will die if he is sold: No player is irreplaceable for us. Its all about Rafa.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Rafael Benitez
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): Obviously not
    Overall performance comments: We had a terrible start, even outside of facing the top six in the first ten games, but we recovered and had some very good spells.
    What needs improving?: We need an owner that has ambition. This has been a proper shit season. In the first ten games we were in the relegation zone, but relegation was never fully on the cards, so for 80% of the season its been obvious that it'll be another mid-table finish, then coupled with with nothing in the cups. There's no reason why we couldn't, with a decent owner, be up there with the mighty Wolves knocking on the door of the top six. But I'm sick of talking about it. I just want Mike Ashley dead so we can move past this current shambles and onto the next one.

PREDICTIONS FOR NEXT SEASON

My realistic expectations for next season: Mid-table
    What I think we'll achieve: Mid-table
    Worst nightmare: Mid-table
    Last edited by Offshore Toon; 13-05-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're one step away from getting back into the Football League lads.

Expect a playoff berth next season or god forbid another automatic promotion spot

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    We're one step away from getting back into the Football League lads.

Expect a playoff berth next season or god forbid another automatic promotion spot
    Who is we?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Birmingham
    Team’s final finishing position : 17th.
    Expectations (at start of the season): Literally anything except fighting against relegation on the final day.
    Team’s performance out of 10: 8.
    Best result: Beating Leeds away.
    Worst result: Losing at home to Milwall.
    Other comments: We had a points deduction hanging over us all season and eventually it was set at 9. We were just outside the playoffs until that point.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Che Adams.
    Worst player of the season: Kristian Pedersen.
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Che Adams.
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: Lukas Jutkiewicz
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Craig Gardner.
    Unsung hero: Maikel Kieftenbeld.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Gary Gardner on loan.
    Worst signing this season: Kristian Pedersen
    Transfer policy out of 10: There is no policy. Under embargo.
    I would like to see us sign: A replacement striker as Che Adams is definitely in the Prem next year.
    I would like to see us sell: Nobody. Can't afford to lose any players, no matter how shit.
    The team will die if he is sold: Probably Kieftenbeld. He's an animal in center midfield.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Gary Monk.
    Overall performance comments: Stabilised a financially crippled club really well whilst bringing out the best of several players. Che Adams was dog shit before Monk arrived.
    What needs improving?: I'd like to see a little more creativity in midfield. Apart from that we're not bad.

My realistic expectations for next season: Mid table.
    What I think we'll achieve: The above.
    Worst nightmare: we sell too many to balance the books and plummet.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Liverpool
    Team’s final finishing position : 2nd
    Expectations (at start of the season): I didn't fill out a prediction, but I thought we'd do well. 2nd and CL final would have been extremely satisfying.
    Best result: Barcelona obviously; but I loved the 2-0 against Chelsea at Anfield.
    Worst result: Probably the draw at West Ham.
    Other comments: Origi's goal vs Everton was the unsung best moment of the season.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Andy Robertson and Trent Alexander-Arnold.
    Worst player of the season: Moreno, for all 3 minutes he played.
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Allison made some huge saves in the Champions League.
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: Divock Origi.
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award:
    Unsung hero: Joel Matip turned into a boss sometime in the spring.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Allison fucks around too much at the back, but he's a great keeper.
    Worst signing this season: Keita, but I think he has potential to be great. It felt like a season of adjustment.
    Transfer policy out of 10: 10.
    I would like to see us sign: Some back-up for the front 3.
    I would like to see us sell: I felt bad for poor Mignolet sitting on the bench for the whole season. But seriously, how is Moreno still on this team?
    The team will die if he is sold: Van Dijk, but he won't leave. What is more plausible is one of the front 3 leaving and the goals drying up.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Klopp
    Manager’s performance out of 10: 11
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): 9
    Overall performance comments: He's done an incredible job, season by season, to reach this point.
    What needs improving?: Nothing

PREDICTIONS (hi phonics) FOR NEXT SEASON

My realistic expectations for next season: Win a trophy, challenge for the league.
    What I think we'll achieve: I have a gut feeling they'll win the league.
    Worst nightmare: One of the front three leaves to Real Madrid, the attack loses its chemistry, everything sputters out and we finish 3rd.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: West 'ammmm.
    Team’s final finishing position : 10th
    Expectations (at start of the season): Around 12th-14th, never threatened with relegation
    Team’s performance out of 10: 7
    Best result: 1-0 against Tottenham at their shiny new toilet bowl. That or the 1-1 draw against Liverpool for it's contribution to humanity.
    Worst result: Either the 2-0 loss to Everton as that was the worst we'd played, or the 2-0 loss to Cardiff, because it's fucking Cardiff.
    Other comments: Generally a good season. Always love a season where we just bob around in mediocrity

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Michail Antonio. Anderson and Arnie could be contenders but they are a bit inconsistent for my liking.
    Worst player of the season: Cocaine Jesus wins this for what must be the 3rd consecutive season. Fredericks is a close second as I don't know what he actually brings.
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Anderson or Antonio. Probably Anderson getting the nod.
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: I was worried about signing Fabianski, as I have a soft spot for ADRIAAAAAAAN but he's been brilliant for us. Not sure if that speaks more for him or our (as usual) shaky defence.
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Yarmolenko misses out on account of being injured all season, so I'll go with Fredericks as I wasn't sure on his signing.
    Unsung hero: Diop needs more credit for trying to turn our defence into something vaguely worthwhile, especially with Reid permanaently crocked these days.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Anderson. Diop and Fabianski close seconds.
    Worst signing this season: Saying Yarmolenko would be unfair, but it's got to be him as he was one of our more expensive signings. Might as well have spent the £12m on more Cossack hats for the Dildo Brothers.
    Transfer policy out of 10: 8
    I would like to see us sign: A better right back is a must, given Zabaleta's age and Fredericks being poor. A left back wouldn't go amiss either, we rely a lot on Masuaku there. Finally, we'll need a new striker or two as it's uncertain if Hernandez will stay and we'll surely be getting rid of Cocaine Jesus and Arnie.
    I would like to see us sell: Cocaine Jesus needs to be released. Sell Arnie, Snodgrass and let go of Sanchez (too old) and Nasri (why did we even sign him?)
    The team will die if he is sold: Antonio, Rice and Fabianski really are the core of the team. Noble as well, but that's more Mr. West Ham sentimentality than 'this club will be relegated if he goes'

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Meester Pellegrini.
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): NO
    Overall performance comments: It's obvious he's got a project here and he's got the backing of the owners, which is difficult in itself. The key will be working with Sullivan's constant meddling and Gold's slow descent into senility. He's made a few questionble decisions but he can organise the team very well (given the players available) and he's our best manager in a long while (probably since *retch* Redknapp)
    What needs improving?: Defence. Diop ends up doing too much of the heavy lifting. Balbuena was decent and he should improve with time, but our full back positions need work.

My realistic expectations for next season: Try to push Wolves and Everton a little more. If we assume Top 6 is a closed shop, then 7th needs to be the aim.
    What I think we'll achieve: 10th-12th, more mediocrity
    Worst nightmare: The Dildo Brothers can't resist the urge to meddle in transfer dealings, we sell Arnie, Anderson, Hernandez, Rice and Antonio without adequate replacements and end up fighting relegation.
    Last edited by Byron; 14-05-2019 at 05:48 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: man u
    Team’s final finishing position : 6
    Expectations (at start of the season): 3/4
    Team’s performance out of 10: 1
    Best result: Juve or psg
    Worst result: Cardiff, Huddersfield, probably could name 10 more.
    Other comments: help

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: lindelof
    Worst player of the season: Lukaku, Shaw (conditioning for both), Pogba for attitude, ddg for keeping, Jones and Smalling for constant, young for young.
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: McTominnay
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: McTominnay
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: young
    Unsung hero: lindelof

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Lee grant
    Worst signing this season: Fred
    Transfer policy out of 10: 0
    I would like to see us sign: new centre backs, new right back, new centre mids, new forwards
    I would like to see us sell: all but ddg, lindelof, dalot, McTominnay, Rashford
    The team will die if he is sold: lol

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: ole
    Manager’s performance out of 10: 6
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): no
    Overall performance comments: ok, needs to be backed.
    What needs improving?: everything.

My realistic expectations for next season: 8th
    What I think we'll achieve: nothing.
    Worst nightmare: [/QUOTE] Jones Smalling and young.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Fulham
    Team’s final finishing position : 19th
    Expectations (at start of the season): 13th and safety with a couple of shocks thrown in there
    Team’s performance out of 10: 2/10
    Best result: I suppose the 4-2 win at home to Burnley in August, when we actually looked like a functioning Premier League team. The 1-0 win a few weeks back to effectively send Cardiff down was satisfying too.
    Worst result: Claudio's last game, 2-0 loss away at Southampton, was toxic. Or the back-to-back losses away to Cardiff and Huddersfield in October and November, handing both of them their first wins of the season. There's a lot to choose from.
    Other comments: Just a shocking season overall. There is barely one moment that I can recall where we were content. A nice run of 3 wins under Parker aside, we have been an absolute shambles throughout.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Ryan Babel, although he only arrived in January.
    Worst player of the season: Schürrle probably. Despite scoring 6 goals, he was an absolute joke.
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Mitrovic I suppose, considering most of our points came from his goals. Ryan Babel popped up with some key goals too.
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: Calum Chambers was a fucking shambles in the back line to start the season off, but eventually was quite a serviceable defensive midfielder, so I guess he qualifies. Babel once again gets a mention, as I thought he'd be fucking shite when it was announced, and he turned out to be very impressive.
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Aboubakar Kamara, who ended up fucking off to Turkey when he started trying to fight everyone and missing penalties he demanded to take.
    Unsung hero: Joe Bryan may not be a top level left-back, but he was probably the best of a bad bunch, and ended the season quite well.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Ryan Babel. Of the summer signings, I'd suppose Mitrovic. 11 goals in a side as shocking as ours isn't terrible.
    Worst signing this season: So many to choose from. Schürrle, Vietto, Fosu-Mensah, Anguissa for the price we paid.
    Transfer policy out of 10: 4/10. Too rushed, and too stats dependent. There needs to be a balance, and new players need time to gel. Who thought up signing two new first team keepers? How come we spunked over £20m on Anguissa at the last hour when we really didn't need to? Why did we bring in as many loans as ph
    I would like to see us sign: Maybe Cooper from Leeds if they don't go up, as we definitely need something else at the back. If Mitro goes, we'd also need a frontman, but no idea who would even come to us.
    I would like to see us sell: Seri just to get our money back. He wasn't awful but definitely wasn't cut out to play in a team as shit as ours.
    The team will die if he is sold: Cairney I suppose, as he's just signed a new 5 year deal and is the key to the way we play. Hopefully he can shine back in the Championship.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Scott Parker
    Manager’s performance out of 10: 6.5/10
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): No. Give him the whole season next year. The Championship is so unpredictable so let it all play out.
    Overall performance comments: Brought the team back a bit closer to the fans. Happy to see him phase out the loanees and players who probably wont be here next season. With Harvey Elliott making a few appearances, I hope he focuses on the youth like Jokanovic did and we bring more players through.
    What needs improving?: It's early days for Parker, but I hope he's not like Kit Symons was for us. We made him the permanent manager after a good caretaker period in 2014/15, but it was clear he was out of his depth soon after.

My realistic expectations for next season: Playoffs
    What I think we'll achieve: We'll be top 8 I think. Whether we go up or even get in the playoffs will depend on the summer.
    Worst nightmare: Bottom half, dissenting fan voices, all talent leaves on the cheap - basically what happened the last time we were relegated.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Leicester City
    Team’s final finishing position : 9th
    Expectations (at start of the season): 8th-12th
    Team’s performance out of 10: 6
    Best result: 2-1 win over Man City
    Worst result: 1-0 loss at home to Cardiff
    Other comments: frustratingly inconsistent, sometimes within the same game, so many awful home performances against shit.

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Ricardo Pereira
    Worst player of the season: Iheanacho or Ghezzalv
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Vardy, always Vardy. Although Hamza Choudhury seems to have exclusively played against the top six and always has performed
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: Wes Morgan still has a role to play. Some big performances and an extra year is well deserved.
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Ghezzal
    Unsung hero: Johnny Evans has outperformed Maguire. Albrighton always contributes.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Ricardo Pereira
    Worst signing this season: Ghezzal
    Transfer policy out of 10: 8. Our best window in years. Ricardo, Maddison and Evans have all been really good
    I would like to see us sign: Youri Tielemans on a permanent deal no matter what the cost
    I would like to see us sell: continue to shift the deadwood and high earning rubbish. Slimani, Silva etc.
    The team will die if he is sold: Vardy is still the most important player. He sets the tone and is an absolute gunman in front of goal.

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Claude Puel/Brendan Rodgers
    Manager’s performance out of 10: Puel 4/Brendan 7
    Sack him immediately (YES/NO): No
    Overall performance comments: Puel did some good stuff. Brought young players in, started to change the style and got some headline results (Man City and Chelsea beaten) but he couldn’t break down rubbish and his inherent conservatism and dullness alienated players and fans alike. Rodgers is a great fit and is already getting us playing some lovely stuff and obviously talks a good game.
    What needs improving?: Start beating the shit consistently and stop having one half off seemingly every game. It’s a young squad and it’ll come with time.

My realistic expectations for next season: 7th but seriously challenge the top six
    What I think we'll achieve: 7th
    Worst nightmare: Chilwell and Maguire are sold and Tielemans goes elsewhere. Newly appointed head of recruitment Lee Congerton goes full Sunderland in replacing them and we go backwards.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Who is we?
    Torquay United

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the current state of Man Utd worse than it was in 2013–14? I think so, and it is a joy to watch.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say we're probably about the same. Lots of shit squad members (mostly the same people, as it happens) but at least we've seen a fleeting glimpse of good football this season. I don't think we had any at all under Moyes.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I'd say we're probably about the same. Lots of shit squad members (mostly the same people, as it happens) but at least we've seen a fleeting glimpse of good football this season. I don't think we had any at all under Moyes.
    I don't know, those 81 crosses at home to Fulham was something be proud of.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The difference is that when Ferguson left and we went to shit and you looked at the squad you realised there were some bang average players in there who'd been elevated by the convenience of playing under one of the greatest managers ever. Now it's a squad full of disinterested tat that we've spent hundreds of millions of quid putting together.

Senior Member Alan Shearer The 2nd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    The difference is that when Ferguson left and we went to shit and you looked at the squad you realised there were some bang average players in there who'd been elevated by the convenience of playing under one of the greatest managers ever. Now it's a squad full of disinterested tat that we've spent hundreds of millions of quid putting together.
    I may not be remembering it correctly but was the squad that Ferguson last won the league with not pretty bloody similar to when they then finished 7th?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shearer The 2nd View Post
    I may not be remembering it correctly but was the squad that Ferguson last won the league with not pretty bloody similar to when they then finished 7th?
    Once a team is seen as vulnerable, it doesn't matter. They were no longer invincible so teams set-up to beat them rather than not get beat.

Senior Member Alan Shearer The 2nd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Once a team is seen as vulnerable, it doesn't matter. They were no longer invincible so teams set-up to beat them rather than not get beat.
    I was more meaning just how good Ferguson was.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe that much of it was the same squad, yeah.

I mean Phonics is right too though. A few months in once it became apparent that the inevitable comebacks weren't even likely any more teams approached United games very differently.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OVERALL TEAM PERFORMANCE

Team: Swindon Town
    Team’s final finishing position : 13th in League Two
    Expectations (at start of the season): Play offs
    Team’s performance out of 10: 6. ish.
    Best result: Probably the 4-0 home loss to Carlisle. Wellens' first game in charge, realised he couldn't play the way he wanted with current personnel, changed it, we got a lot better from there on out.
    Worst result: Losing at home to Cambridge. Rightly Phil Brown's penultimate game in charge.
    Other comments:

PLAYER PERFORMANCE

Best player of the season: Kyle Knoyle seems to get good reviews for his consistency from right back. I haven't seen a whole lot of us for a few years now.
    Worst player of the season: Biggest disappointment was Toumani Diagouraga - should have been running the midfield, got injured before Christmas and seemingly never got match fit again.
    Didier "Big Game" Drogba award: Michael Doughty
    The "He is fucking terrible, but turned out to be an Alpha Don" award: Kyle Bennett. Shit start and end, but in between was brilliant.
    The "He is fucking terrible, and turned out to be fucking terrible" award: Joint award for Olly Lancashire and Chris Robertson.
    Unsung hero: James Dunne. A limited footballer and sometimes a walking red card, but plays to his strengths well and stepped in to the team to do a job.

TRANSFER PERFORMANCE

Best signing of the season: Danny Rose.
    Worst signing this season: Bit harsh maybe but Ali Koiki
    Transfer policy out of 10: Brown - 2. Wellens - 7
    I would like to see us sign: A decent left back & striker
    I would like to see us sell: Jermaine McGlashan. Wellens doesn't want him here.
    The team will die if he is sold: Kaiyne Woollery

MANAGER PERFORMANCE

Manager: Phil Brown/Richie Wellens
    Manager’s performance out of 10: 4/7
    Overall performance comments: Although he's a bit keen on publicly slating players, Wellens seems to have a bit of nous about him and I'd definitely back him to get us into the play offs next season.
    What needs improving?: Need to be more clinical and make sure we have that dirty, niggly type in midfield to run around and kick people (which Canice Carroll did)

My realistic expectations for next season: Play offs
    What I think we'll achieve: Play offs
    Worst nightmare: Midtable in Div 4 again.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I believe that much of it was the same squad, yeah.

I mean Phonics is right too though. A few months in once it became apparent that the inevitable comebacks weren't even likely any more teams approached United games very differently.
    The one I'll always point to is when Chelsea hadn't lost a home game in 2 years and then lost 3 on the spin or something.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have all the Villa fans disppappered from here now?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We still have Mellin, but yeah, there's been a severe drop-off over the years - Zimidy, Dr Barry, Enigma, JPA, Ant(?).

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ant was a Villa fan yeah, bless him.

Has he ever posted on here or was his last outing on the old new board? (Or new old board, whatever.)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He posted a "Hello! thread but then disappeared.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably too busy tearing out spines.