User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones: The Final Season

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think part of my problem with it is that nobody I really care about died.

Theon was alright, although he's at his best being a shrinking little pussy, not a hero, and Ser Jorah of Friendzonia finally getting some affection should have been good, but I hate Lady Dragon Cunt so much that I can't see past it. Eddison has been pissing me off since his inception because I simply cannot tell him and Bronn apart, and I don't really know why.

I don't know, I just feel a bit let down that I haven't had the chance to scream at the TV as Tyrion dies to protect Sansa or Samwell does to protect his Mrs. Give me something to feel feelings over.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People don't have to die for there to be emotional weight. I do worry about a distinct lack of survivors guilt considering how few of the people who interacted with each other died. I guess at this point it's just the set-up to watch them die in the battle with Cersei now the Lord of Light has no need for humans again.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you didn't feel when Lyanna died taking down a giant then you have a heart of stone.

When Cersei is curb stomped, she should get a statue on every street in King's Landing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a battle scene like that, I disagree. Someone of significant weight has to go or it's just a bit of a nothing battle.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    If you didn't feel when Lyanna died taking down a giant then you have a heart of stone.

When Cersei is curb stomped, she should get a statue on every street in King's Landing.
    I said in my previous post that that was one of the few 'good' moments, but she gets about 20 minutes a series, she's hardly a big gun.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was mostly really good. My only major complaint is Jon was wasted for the vast majority of the episode because he was faffing around on the dragon (doing very little, I might add) with that boring cow.

I really thought the Night King was going to kneel in front of Bran and confirm a lot of those "Bran will be the bad guy" theories that people seem to have. To the point where I thought he was just going to choke Arya out when he caught her, so I did think it was pretty cool when she caught the knife and did him in.

I liked how it switched from large scale, sweeping battle shots to close quarter, horror movie style suspense half way through. Arya hiding from them inside Winterfell was legitimately pretty creepy. Maisie Williams really sold it with the acting too. Arya is hardly ever scared, so seeing her petrified really upped the ante.

Lyanna was definitely the saddest death.

The rest of them did surprisingly little for me, actually. Beric and Edd where always cannon fodder. The Red Lady has been on borrowed time ever since we found out she was actually about a thousand years old. And Theon and Jorah were always going to die in some sort of "redemption" arc.

So Lyanna ended up being the only one that actually shocked me. The way she went out was really cool though.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, on the subject of the Night King, are we legitimately leaving it there? No explanation? No understanding of why Branphen Hawking was important beyond being able to possess birds? It's just a giant 'it just happened because'?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a good episode and I liked the drop/catch knife thing but I'm really annoyed that they got done in one episode.

All this build up to them being unstoppable and they didn't even need a whole story night. Does this also mean that winter is now cancelled?

Also, I'm SEETHING that we didn't get a zombie Ned.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Actually, on the subject of the Night King, are we legitimately leaving it there? No explanation? No understanding of why Branphen Hawking was important beyond being able to possess birds? It's just a giant 'it just happened because'?
    He's important because he's THE THREE EYED RAVEN, who is for some reason mortal enemy of The Night King.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the head zombo just gets stabbed up? Lol, does Bran actually do anything useful at all in the entire series?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    So the head zombo just gets stabbed up? Lol, does Bran actually do anything useful at all in the entire series?
    Other than being the block of cheese under a box supported by a stick, you mean?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can WARG, MATE.

He also got Hodor (hold the door) killed as well, the fanny.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    He can WARG, MATE.

That's the only thing in his favour, he'd have come out even if he'd gotten rid of Fat Sam too.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no you ditent.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flippin’ eck!

Hope they have the next battle in the day time

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    That's the only thing in his favour, he'd have come out even if he'd gotten rid of Fat Sam too.
    You scumbag.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    He can WARG, MATE.

He is fucking useless, when you think about it. Considering the level of power he’s meant to have.

Obviously he helped unravel the truth of Jon’s parentage, but even then Sam helped him. And he couldn’t even be arsed to tell Jon himself. He got Sam to do it.

The only time he’s ever actually used his “I can see everything that’s ever happened to anybody” shit to directly address somebodies situation, that I can think of, is to remind his sister of the time she got raped on her wedding night. Fucking oddball.

I hope Jaime chucks him back out of that tower window next week and finishes the job.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    He is fucking useless, when you think about it. Considering the level of power he’s meant to have.

Obviously he helped unravel the truth of Jon’s parentage, but even then Sam helped him. And he couldn’t even be arsed to tell Jon himself. He got Sam to do it.

The only time he’s ever actually used his “I can see everything that’s ever happened to anybody” shit to directly address somebodies situation, that I can think of, is to remind his sister of the time she got raped on her wedding night. Fucking oddball.

I hope Jaime chucks him back out of that tower window next week and finishes the job.
    Sam had found it out anyway, no? He found the GoT equivalent of a marriage certificate in The Citadel.

The only thing I can thing of that his 'skills' helped with is unravelling all the lies of O'Littlefinger.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I struggle with this whole concept a bit in general with the series. You never got an explanation about how the dragon eggs sort of just shows up as a gift one day, why Denearys is impervious to fire, who the hell that Red Woman is and why she knows magic, in fact why some people are randomly magical, what the hell Valyria really was and why their steel kills White Walkers, etc.

But at the same time, I suppose thats how the books are as well (whether that's good or bad). Magic sort of just is something that is around, but not that much, and not ever really ever explained by anyone.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did either Gendry or Pod die? I'm sure I saw one of them being lobbed off the battlements at one point, but couldn't be sure.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I meant to say that Dragon getting swarmed by zombies was really cool but all I could think was "For fuck's sake Dragonwoman you're about to lose another one."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that was a great first half or so with some very tense scenes at the beginning, but it was verging on a slog towards the end. Possibly a bit too long on the grim 'everyone is fucked' bit and then quite a rushed conclusion. The quick stab and it's over inevitably felt a little anticlimactic after the zombies having been built up since literally the first scene, but I think actually I'm quite glad the conclusion will be a scrap between the living characters. Who'd have thought Cersei would get the big bad spot over the zombie tide at the beginning?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of Cersei, there's about 8 people left to fight her.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    I struggle with this whole concept a bit in general with the series. You never got an explanation about how the dragon eggs sort of just shows up as a gift one day, why Denearys is impervious to fire, who the hell that Red Woman is and why she knows magic, in fact why some people are randomly magical, what the hell Valyria really was and why their steel kills White Walkers, etc.

But at the same time, I suppose thats how the books are as well (whether that's good or bad). Magic sort of just is something that is around, but not that much, and not ever really ever explained by anyone.
    Dragon eggs were a wedding gift from a fat merchant in Pentos who wants to see the Targareyen's back on the throne. Dragon eggs turned to stone (because I guess) a long time ago but they're apparently still very expensive as they're rare and beautiful.

The killer of scenes is impervious to fire because she's a Targareyen and they have dragon blood going through their veins. I'm not sure if this is something that all of them have or what, it's weak as shit. She could also take REALLY HOT bathes without getting scolded.

The Red Woman is a Priestess for the Lord of Light. It seems that all Red Priestesses/Priests (Thoros revived Beric like 20 times) have magic of some kind which is said to be a gift from THE LORD HIMSELF.

Valyrian steel was made in the now destroyed city of Valyria due to a volcano. It's a special forged metal (which only they knew how to make) and is supposedly made using dragonfire and/or a load of spells. No one knew that it could destroy the White Walkers until, IIRC, Jon Snow killed one with Longclaw. I assume it kills them because it is indeed made using dragonfire.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was ok but ruined by what was said on the previous page. Them doing in the night king and then going to Cersei was the most predictable thing they could do.

The little bear is a hero. She was once again the highlight.

Oh and zombie Ned was never on unless he was going to carry his own head around.

Also what the fuck was that “moment” between Tyrion and Sansa about?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That crypt is full of bones and nothing else, so short of a re-creation of that bit from Sinbad nothing was happening there.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    I thought it was ok but ruined by what was said on the previous page. Them doing in the night king and then going to Cersei was the most predictable thing they could do.

The little bear is a hero. She was once again the highlight.

Oh and zombie Ned was never on unless he was going to carry his own head around.

Also what the fuck was that “moment” between Tyrion and Sansa about?
    I genuinely thought that they were going to end it all on their own terms.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lack of suicides was a definite weakness, the whole place would have been doing themselves in under those circumstances.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to see how angry the nerds were so checked a subreddit and saw this:

The White Walkers' mission: We learned in Season 6 that the Children of the Forest created the Night King, and thereby the White Walkers and wights, to help with their war against the First Men. We learned in the previous episode that the Night King specifically wanted to kill the Three-Eyed Raven to erase the memory of humanity. If you were expecting the show to give us more of their backstory than that, and maybe even attempt to subvert our

What? When?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely bran and the wondering raven shot surely must be eluding to something more. I don't think it's the last we see of the night king.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I wanted to see how angry the nerds were so checked a subreddit and saw this:

The White Walkers' mission: We learned in Season 6 that the Children of the Forest created the Night King, and thereby the White Walkers and wights, to help with their war against the First Men. We learned in the previous episode that the Night King specifically wanted to kill the Three-Eyed Raven to erase the memory of humanity. If you were expecting the show to give us more of their backstory than that, and maybe even attempt to subvert our

What? When?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was pure scene bridging to take us up to the sky to meet Night King making a leisurely dash back from the bookies.

I thought the distant blue sky in the end scenes indicated that he's done for. I guess his death was apt in that he brought it upon himself by just standing around doing nothing for ages.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Surely bran and the wondering raven shot surely must be eluding to something more. I don't think it's the last we see of the night king.
    Cersei makes another one in a desperate bid to keep the throne.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I thought it was pure scene bridging to take us up to the sky to meet Night King making a leisurely dash back from the bookies.

I thought the distant blue sky in the end scenes indicated that he's done for. I guess his death was apt in that he brought it upon himself by just standing around doing nothing for ages.
    Even at the end he just strolled up and then went to give a slap. Deserved it imo.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jon Snow has devised two major battle plans and royally fucked them both up. He is an absolute liability.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked them sacrificing thousands of Dothraki just to find out where the buggers were.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That his massive plan was foiled by a bit of winter, in the winter he's been telling everyone has been coming, was facepalm worthy.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No proper Red Woman pay-off either. Turned up to light two pointless fires. Cheers love. Mind how you go.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ayra wouldn't have killed the Night King if he wasn't for her.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably for the best.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty cool finding out that every bird that exists in this universe has a better sense of direction than a dragon though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this mean there is no Azor Ahai? Is it Arya?

Or, more than likely, it doesn't even matter because they've forgotten about that whole bit?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It never came up in the show really.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It came up to some extent every time The Red Woman appeared for about four years.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you even watch it?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did Arya get to the Night King? Is she meant to have done her face-switching thing as one of the White Walkers or what?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    How did Arya get to the Night King? Is she meant to have done her face-switching thing as one of the White Walkers or what?
    I reckon if that was the intention they'd have spent a few of their eleventy billion quid on showing it. She either teleported, which is hardly without precedent on this, or she got into that area beforehand and hid somewhere, which is the most likely explanation as it justifies the otherwise pointless Jurassic Park scene from earlier.

All they'd have to do to fix that scene, and thus improve both the entire climax of that plot and retroactively justify two years of pissing about, is have her come through the fog disguised as either a White Walker, or more likely one of the recently raised dead from the battlefield, morphing back into Arya as she went. The Night King realises and turns to grab her as she fullyl becomes Arya again, and then her nifty little dagger move from the Brienne fight does him in. It might have broken a few of her god's rules, but it would have been less jarring than having a thousands of years old military general who can lob a javelin a mile into the air with perfect accuracy get outsmarted by a little girl with a few years of combat training. At least then there would have been some element of well established divine intervention involved. Other than the resurrections of Jon Snow and Berric, the former to unite everyone and the latter apparently being so resistant to stabbing that he was worth bringing back twenty odd times to 'hold the door' for Arya to escape, the two deities known to have actual power have so far been entirely irrelevant to the conclusion.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, how fucking pointless did the Dothraki wind up being? They annihilated a Lannister/Tarly army which narratively outnumbered them, with very little effort, after which Jaime was ready to give up the fight long before he knew anything about Arnold Freeze marching South. So after the Eater of Scenery got the dragon eggs as a result of her marriage to Drogo, what was the fucking point? All that time spent with her being recaptured, retaking control after a few episodes in Vaes Dothrak arguing with a swarthy rapist, and trying to get her hands on enough ships that they could all bring their horses with them, just for the sake of the quality visual of their flaming swords gradually being snuffed out.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was lol.

Eight seasons of build up & the wights get beaten in an evening. Speaking of which, the whole episode was pretty much 'dark, person looking thing with dark clothes & dark hair seems to be attacking dark, person looking thing with dark clothes & dark hair in the shadows at night while the camera swings around like the operator's trying to learn how to rollerblade while filming'. Bran's shit, the most notable death in the biggest battle in the entire series was a child & the crypt stuff was pretty much pointless.

I hope Cersei slaughters them all now. Preferably in the fucking daytime.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought about this a bit and I well reckon it’ll be probably Sansa ending up on the throne, maybe with Tyrion? I cant see it being either Denearys or Jon, because of how big a deal they’ve been making about how incest isnt the best for the rulers, or Cersei either just cause shes been at it for so long now. Also, I read Martin had initially called his final book (project) ’A time for wolves’ before he changed it to ’Dreams of spring’. What with Jon only being half a wolf that seems to rule him out as well. Arya isnt leader material and Brans a weirdo so that leaves Sansa.