123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aspirational gaming.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shot a fox right in its stupid face so I've got a perfect pelt now, unless I'm selling it my only options seem to be to keep it stowed on the horse or drop it. Does they get automatically added to your store somewhere?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    I shot a fox right in its stupid face so I've got a perfect pelt now, unless I'm selling it my only options seem to be to keep it stowed on the horse or drop it. Does they get automatically added to your store somewhere?
    If you donate it to Pearson then I think he keeps it for future use, but only if it's on the list of pelts he needs for any of the various upgrades he can craft. You need to buy him the leather crafting tools from the ledger for him to be able to make most of the stuff though, I think.

This game is so good. I'm so into it at this point that I can happily just hang around the camp for a bit, do my chores and chat/listen to people. It's crazy the amount of stuff they've included that just randomly happens there. Uncle getting the banjo out is always a highlight.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The morning after Sean’s party is ace when they’re all hungover.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    If you donate it to Pearson then I think he keeps it for future use, but only if it's on the list of pelts he needs for any of the various upgrades he can craft. You need to buy him the leather crafting tools from the ledger for him to be able to make most of the stuff though, I think.

This game is so good. I'm so into it at this point that I can happily just hang around the camp for a bit, do my chores and chat/listen to people. It's crazy the amount of stuff they've included that just randomly happens there. Uncle getting the banjo out is always a highlight.
    I sometimes just go off camping by myself, do a spot of fishing and chill.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    I sometimes just go off camping by myself, do a spot of fishing and chill.
    Same. I just went back up in to the mountains for about an (in-game) week yesterday and camped and hunted and generally pottered about. It found it weirdly therapeutic.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I keep trying to piss off the little kid.

I just spend 5 minutes walking on him to wake him up but the little shit kept sleeping.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally took Jack fishing

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The morning after Sean’s party is ace when they’re all hungover.
    Yeah, I liked that bit. His party is probably one of my favourite bits of the game so far, which says a lot about how much fun the NPC interactions are. I got drunk, had a bit of a sing-along, danced with Mary-Beth and then watched Javier play the guitar and sing in something in Spanish. It was ace.

They've created such a good cast of characters that I'm not even bored by this stuff. Just hanging around with them feels kind of as essential as doing the missions. It's really good at drip feeding you little bits of information in the narrative too, if you pay attention. You will overhear Dutch and Hosea talking about the old days, or Molly talking trying to tell the other girls about how in love she is and then all just telling her to fuck off because they don't like her anymore, or Dutch will occasionally come out of his tent and start giving one of his "stay together!" speeches and people gather round to listen.

I looked at the stuff Arthur has pinned up over his bed and there's a picture of his old dog, a picture of him, Dutch and Hosea when they were younger and a newspaper clipping about some time they robbed a bank and then gave a load of the money away to local poor people! You kind of get a feel for why he/they are all so enamoured with Dutch and the supposed ideals of the gang, just off the back of little details like that. It's astoundingly well-written.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tried the uncle mission and slipped off a cliff.

Shit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Just tried the uncle mission and slipped off a cliff.

Shit.

One of my only gripes with it is the movement out in the open. He either ambles along at a snails pace or bursts into a manic sprint if you hold the button down. Which leads to shit like that happening more often than I would like. The fast walk that he does inside should be an option everywhere.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most annoying gripe for me is the number of times I've come out of a building, pressed triangle to get on my horse and accidentally choked some random cunt and built up a bounty....

That or the amount of times I run headfirst into a tree while on my horse.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I accidentally shot my gun earlier in Valentine.

Went off in the ground but I had to run from the law ofc, wankers.

I bet if it had killed a black man I'd have been given a medal.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some guy robbed me earlier so I blow his brains out and I'm the bad guy? Bullshit.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stand your ground's about 200 years off.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a big old racist in St Denis and tackled him to the ground and then knocked him out (you don't kill them by punching right?). Turned round and a lawman was stood watching the whole thing, not moving. Looked at me and said 'hope you've got a good explanation for that blood on you'. Clearly I'm in with the bent coppers on my first day in town, nice.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Dead Redemption 2’s online multiplayer mode, Red Dead Online, will go live on Tuesday, Nov. 27, Rockstar Games announced today.

Rockstar will launch Red Dead Online in beta form on Nov. 27, and it will initially be accessible only for owners of the Ultimate Edition of Red Dead Redemption 2. The following day, the beta will open up to those who played Red Dead Redemption 2 on its first day of release. On Thursday, Nov. 29, those who played the game in its first three days of release will get access. Then, on Friday, Nov. 30, online multiplayer will open up for all Red Dead Redemption 2 players.

Red Dead Online has been described by Rockstar as “an evolution of the classic multiplayer experience in the original Red Dead Redemption, blending narrative with competitive and cooperative gameplay in fun new ways.” Players will be able to explore the online experience solo or with friends, and Rockstar promises “constant updates and adjustments to grow and evolve this experience for all players.”

Red Dead Redemption 2’s online multiplayer mode will be free and available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. The PS4 version of the game will have select exclusive content for Red Dead Online.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope they add a option in the multiplayer of this to stop players just shooting each other. Went to a general store to buy a new outfit, got killed about 10 times

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished! Kind of.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished! Kind of.

Toggle Spoiler
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still haven't played much of this, but I stumbled across this video earlier which summed up perfectly why I got bored of GTA IV and V so quickly.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're struggling to utilise the open world, definitely. LA Noire didn't really need it and I've never had the option to slap a tank in my garage and rule Liberty City for so long.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its installed.

Any tips? Is that GAME BREAKING BUG (disappearing mates) fixed now?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it’s fixed

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played two hours of this tonight and fuck me it was shit.

Half of that must have been awful cutscenes, interspersed with horseriding in formation, with awful dialogue and the rest shooting sections with mechanics lifted straight from its 8 year old predecessor.

Your character also moved so slowly and it takes about 30 seconds to loot a chest.

For those of you that loved it (all of you?) did you find the start to be poor and then it improved greatly?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a slow game - it's not Call Of Duty or whatever. Things take longer and I like it more for that. The controls are a bit finicky in some places (hitching your horse and picking stuff up specifically).

I'm still playing it and really enjoying it. Some really interesting story elements as it gets closer to the first game and the plot points start to sync up.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I found the start to be a bit shit, but then it improved. That said I fully agree with most of what was said in the video you posted, but the story was good enough to make up for it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Played two hours of this tonight and fuck me it was shit.

Half of that must have been awful cutscenes, interspersed with horseriding in formation, with awful dialogue and the rest shooting sections with mechanics lifted straight from its 8 year old predecessor.

Your character also moved so slowly and it takes about 30 seconds to loot a chest.

For those of you that loved it (all of you?) did you find the start to be poor and then it improved greatly?
    I had exactly the same reaction as you have here, the controls in particular felt unwieldy for a little bit longer once the game opens up but that went away in no time.

You'll still have the odd occasion where you end up battering someone and having the law after you when you wanted to say hello that reminds you it's still not perfect.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll still have the odd occasion where you end up battering someone and having the law after you when you wanted to say hello that reminds you it's still not perfect.
    I came out of a shop the other day and went to get on my horse, pressed triangle and started throttling some random passerby. Cost me a bunch of money to pay off the law

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should've rode that person out of there, to be honest.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished Chapter Three
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally managed to put a few hours into RDR2 this weekend and I’m enjoying it. Even on a non-Pro PS4 it looks magnificent, and I spent a good five minutes stomping around in mud and dropping bodies in it, just because it looked cool. Sound was a bit off though.

I’m really not very far into it and I’ve been picky about the missions I’ve done, so I’ve barely been into my camp. This means I don’t know who anybody really is yet, or where things are, but I’m sure that’ll come with time.

Some bloke asked me to find some old retired “gunslingers” so I went and found them all and took photos. Not sure what to do next- I find this happens quite a lot so no doubt google will come to the rescue. Like I found two lads trying to open a safe with an axe so I killed them and then loaded about a hundred bullets into it and it didn’t budge. Google said use dynamite, whoops. Turns out I had some dynamite but didn’t know because I’m still getting to grips with the wheel system. Also nearly died in the cold looking for one of the gunslingers because I wasn’t sure how to change my outfit while out in the wild. Google saved me there and I’ve now saved the dapper outfit I bought from the tailor so can hopefully switch between the two now.

Is there a downside to wearing the mask all the time? Looks cool but don’t want to put it on and then people to be scared of me, like when I tried to drop a dead bird on a fire that me and some newly found mates where sat round (they watched the cross about 200 bullets) and they all went crazy and ran away – I just wanted someone to cook the bird while I made arrows! Might try the mask on tonight and see what happens.

Also made mates with some bloke who takes photos of wildlife. Idiot got me mauled by wolves. Nice to already have recurring characters though, and I’m only 19% in according to my save file.

Some of the mechanics are slow going. Looting takes forever – oh and don’t even get me started on the “game” for the Gambler 2 task. Blackjack is bad at the best of times but having to sit through three other random cowboys playing their hand; god! Thankfully got the 5 double down wins or whatever but jeez it was tough going. Thankfully I was in and out the kitchen so just ran in tapped x/triangle and then back to preparing burgers for a minute while everyone else had their turn. But yeah trying to target a pot of ground coffee in a tent is very hard.

I’ve made sure to skin everything I kill but keep getting a message saying I’m unable to take everything cos my satchels full. Apparently I need to travel to a “fence” to sell off all the stolen belt buckles and pens, so that’s on tonights agenda. Hopefully he’ll serve me in my balaclava.

Can you cut your hair? I’ve shaved my beard off but want a bald head. I put some pomade in that I robbed out of a tent, but not keen on the look. I know it’s an unimportant part of the game but I wish your appearance was more customisable. I think I’ll rock a ‘tache (hopefully it can go longer than #4? The scale suggests so but it’s been a while) and bald head if possible. Like my Trevor on GTA. Pity there aren’t more beard/moustache styles though.

But yeah, fun game. Ideally I wanna spend like ten hours straight on it but work and child prevent such fun. Oh, and cooking. I’ve died loads too, mostly from people beating me up and getting hit by trains. My bounty is up to $110 too cos I killed some lawmen because my horse died and I wanted theirs, without realising they were police, so I think I’ve messed it up. I did have $110 at one point, but spent it on nice clothes.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You thought gambler 2 was bad? Just wait for 9 or whatever the last blackjack one is. That one takes hours.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Browning View Post
    You thought gambler 2 was bad? Just wait for 9 or whatever the last blackjack one is. That one takes hours.

Probably won't bother.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if you can actually die to the cold, because I did the same thing, and just kept going for ages and nothing happened. It may be possible, but it must be really tough to do.

I'm not sure about wearing a mask all the time. Supposedly, doing bad things while wearing a mask will stop you losing honour, so presumably you may not gain honour for helping people in a mask, but again, not sure.

The last Blackjack mission is to win 3 hands while you have 5 or more cards, it's taking the piss, especially when you get 20 with 5 cards and the dealer gets 21.
    Going to a fence is definitely worth it, you'll get a lot of money for that shit, and be able to carry more. The pen is a 'unique' item so I never sold mine, but also never found anything to do with it. Ultimately, you don't really need money, so it's not worth selling something you may need, but all the buckles etc can be sold.

You definitely can cut your hair, and in one mission you have to. You just visit a barber.
    You can also get rid of a bounty for free by spending all your money (or giving it to the camp) and then getting arrested in the location where you have a bounty.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To look around at stuff to pick it up easier, hold L2 and then use the right stick to flick between targetable objects.

I'm at Chapter 6 now, and wanting to get through the rest of it soonish. Still enjoying it immensely though.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks absolutely fucking unreal at 4k 60 PC High settings.

Last edited by Dark Soldier; 06-11-2019 at 02:45 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, now I'm nearly off the hamster wheel that is FIFA, I'll be making a start on the back catalogue I have.

First up is this, well, it would be if I'd ever finished its predecessor, so Red Dead Redemption 1 is where we'll start.

Just finished nailing Bonnie on horseback and now I'm off to see a sheriff.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm herding cattle now and dare I say it, the story isn't dreadful so far too.

This is actually quite good.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I'll crack on it like you. I've basically dipped in a few times and found myself not being hooked enough.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first one? I may move these posts into a separate thread if so.

And don't worry, Fallout 4 is still going.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second one - god damn you. The first one is fun.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The intro bit in the second one drags on a bit but once it starts opening up it's absolutely immense. Sure you'll be in for the ridiculous hunting accomplishments in it, Yev.