User Tag List

Page 97 of 142 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,850 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely not that as I'm not holding LB.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like some sort of half stepover thing?

I used to do it a lot when I had Salah as he was super effective at it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heel-to-heel is a good one for a little acceleration. La Croqueta is the one where you shimmy the ball out to one side and move it forward at a bit of speed.

You can hit any of them with a quick burst if you tap RT as you exit the move.

I've just finished another mini session and I've moved up to 10-4 which is a little more respectable. Now I'm pretty sure I've been playing this whole time with LT jammed on, so I'm pretty happy with that and it explains why people have been getting by my defence so easily. It may also explain my gameplay feeling slow, when maybe it isn't.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Like some sort of half stepover thing?

I used to do it a lot when I had Salah as he was super effective at it.
    That's the closest description to it so far.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one where you take the right stick out to the right, then bring it back down and in a half circle to the left?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe, what is that one?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew I should have bought Rashford, ugh. He’s been upgraded
    Last edited by Danny; 09-03-2019 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really not sure what to do with the Swap Deals tokens this month. I'm on course for all 8 available so far by tomorrow night, so the full 14 is certainly viable, but buggered if I know what to go for.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Ajax/Bundesliga team going on so I will be getting Goretzka

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashford

Can't wait to use him next week.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can any of you nerds gift me the name change thing on PS4, please? ID on PSN is DOMO_V2

I have a two new players to my team. They are all on 10 chem in game. Playing with my depth super high is working really well. Ronaldo on the shoulder is devastating.

Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 09-03-2019 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP Desially tonight, along with SBC Benjamin Mendy. 81+ double upgrades as well.

There's no duplicate squads for Desailly. Mendy also looks like he could dethrone Robertson as the go-to EPL LB.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Sincere Sent you a friend request. When you get it ill send you over the name change.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    @Sincere Sent you a friend request. When you get it ill send you over the name change.
    Safe. Added

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about Mendy. Probably not a 170k upgrade on my PvA (who I previously needed for Chem).

https://www.futbin.com/19/compare/19...em=100,100,100

Sincere it says I cant send you it "this person already owns this item"

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sincere donned by EA yet again

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by SincereTheRebel; 09-03-2019 at 07:54 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would guess that you can only gift it to someone who hasn't already had it, presumably to stop the 1,000 coin unlocks being repeatedly gifted. Renders the feature worse than useless though.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anywhere I can see the icon SBCs that have not been released yet?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Desailly. He’s pretty cheap really and offers the upgrade on NIF Ramos I was looking for. Not the Vieira I really need, but nice to have an Op Icon in.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Futbin is down right now and that stops me checking the price, but I'd hazard a guess at 1.3m from scratch.

That's not too bad if around that, given he'll likely be in your team until the end of the game. If we're getting a different nation each day we're looking at Germany or Holland tomorrow.

Germany is interesting because it means either Lehmann, which would be very meh, or Matthaus, one of the best looking midfield cards in the game.
    Holland has 7 OP Icons, but we've already got RvN and Seedorf. That leaves Cruyff, Van Basten, Gullit, Bergkamp and Kluivert.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kluivert and Lehmann.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd give the full set of positions too. I can't wait for the disappointment

FUTBIN lives again and it says Desailly is 1.2m from scratch. He looks very good, but to do him I'd have to replace either TOTY Ramos or POTM VVD.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keane and Kante or Keane and Pogba?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Keane and Pogba, the former on stay back, the latter on 'balanced'. I really like how they work together.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keane and Kante if your only aim is to be defensive.

If you also want them helping in attack, bring in Pogba.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers, it's just whether keane is enough as my only truly defensive minded midfielder, but I'm loving the 4-1-2-1-2 with wingers so it might not matter.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After playing about 250 games in 2 months on FUT after I bought it, I've not touched the game for about 2. Standard.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't tried Kante this year bar some single player draft but Keane and Pogba (especially HL) is grand.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having looked closer at Benjamin Mendy, he's good if you have exclusively an EPL team. However if just a French LB will work, then Ferland Mendys FFS card seems much, much better overall. He's about 80-90k more expensive, but is tradeable.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mendy doesn't strike me as particularly good value. Desailly though, not bad.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got battered 10-1 on FUT Champs. Must be my worst loss on FIFA in some years.

Every shot he took seemed to just sear into the top corners, and every time I took possession he'd have masses of players back. One of the most frustrating games I've played, I've had to take a break to just relax after that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10-1

Why didn't you quit when you were 3/4 down and knew you had no chance of winning?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I beat someone 8-2 in Division Rivals earlier and the game surprisingly lasted the distance.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't get rewarded with points in Rivals if you quit do you?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10-1

Why didn't you quit when you were 3/4 down and knew you had no chance of winning?
    I should have done for my sanity. I don't know though, I just never quit games really, force of habit. And yeah, you only keep the 400 Rivals points if you last the distance.

I've won the two games I've played since so I'm hoping it is just a one-off.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you came up against the drop back, 1 depth irritant. Were all of his goals on a lightning fast counter attack?

I've just finished my recovery from 6-4 to 14-4. I didn't manage to pick up my new controller so I'm struggling along with this as it is. Just came through 2 tight games.
    The first saw me have 60% possession and camped out on the edge of his area. Some last ditch blocks and saves kept it 1-0 until the last kick of the first half, which he smashed in. He then scored from kick off in the 2nd half. In pushing I conceded another, but had just about got the measure of him by then. Scored one from a disgusting cut back and then equalised in the 88th minute. His team was fucked for stamina after that and I took over in ET.

The 2nd game was frustrating. He was a skiller, but only when he got to the edge of my area. The AI twice gave away penalties lunging at him during a skill move. Still managed to come back and pull off the win in normal time. Felt like I was playing well too.

Not sure if I want to play on to 17/20 tomorrow, or start on the silver player grind.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Futbin is down right now and that stops me checking the price, but I'd hazard a guess at 1.3m from scratch.

That's not too bad if around that, given he'll likely be in your team until the end of the game. If we're getting a different nation each day we're looking at Germany or Holland tomorrow.

Germany is interesting because it means either Lehmann, which would be very meh, or Matthaus, one of the best looking midfield cards in the game.
    Holland has 7 OP Icons, but we've already got RvN and Seedorf. That leaves Cruyff, Van Basten, Gullit, Bergkamp and Kluivert.
    Maybe even less - they have it at 1.23m, but I think you also have to factor in that every fucker has plenty of 86-90 untradeable . Think I only submitted 3 or 4 In Forms.

It'll be Lehmann and Kluivert.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @thommo ; finding half my opponents like that now, frustrating but I'm learning to cope and doing with going all out attacking. If I nick one, they need to open up and these cunts are generally quite shit at actually defending so I'll counter them.

The meta is as shite as it's been for a long while though. It's either that or manic pressing with Salah in my half, followed by 10 at the back as soon as I wriggle free. Horrific. How stamina is seemingly endless annoys me too - I think even the grandmeister idiot himself, Nep said it recently - backs to the wall defending is bloody tiring.

Went from 8-0 to 15-7 this weekend. Hitting +8 form on a Friday tends to do this. It all becomes a bit tit for tat after that.
    Last edited by The Merse; 10-03-2019 at 01:28 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Sounds like you came up against the drop back, 1 depth irritant. Were all of his goals on a lightning fast counter attack?
    The vast majority were, his players flooding forwards and completely outnumbering me and Raul couldn't miss any chance he got.

Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    @thommo ; finding half my opponents like that now, frustrating but I'm learning to cope and doing with going all out attacking. If I nick one, they need to open up and these cunts are generally quite shit at actually defending so I'll counter them.
    I think I lost my head a bit after I was 3/4 down, he was just the best I've seen at really utilising those tactics and he had the players to carry it out.

Just won another mental game 8-5 with both Griezmann and Isco scoring hat tricks. My defence appears to be getting worse which is worrying as I upgraded it slightly before this weekend.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    The vast majority were, his players flooding forwards and completely outnumbering me and Raul couldn't miss any chance he got.

I think I lost my head a bit after I was 3/4 down, he was just the best I've seen at really utilising those tactics and he had the players to carry it out.

Just won another mental game 8-5 with both Griezmann and Isco scoring hat tricks. My defence appears to be getting worse which is worrying as I upgraded it slightly before this weekend.
    I'm finding goals per game going the roof in those games where I score first. Everyone flits between something very counter attacking and mentally offensive - in a lot of my wins I find the opposition are ending the game in a 424, and I think switching to it quite early when I'm in ascendancy. Then, as I never hit drop back until 85th min, I tend to not be the best at dealing with it defensively...

These are my scorelines this weekend - 45 conceded in 22 games despite a >2:1 win ratio is mental... and 5 of these were subject to first half rage quits (yes I'm keeping spreadsheets )

4 3
    2 0
    3 0
    4 1
    6 2
    2 0
    4 0
    4 3
    1 3
    4 7
    3 2
    1 3
    3 0
    4 6
    2 2
    0 1
    4 3
    3 1
    3 1
    1 2
    2 1
    0 4

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your defence appearing worse is probably more subjective of the sheer amount of top quality attackers being available to almost everyone by now. At the start of the game you rarely saw an 86+ striker, whereas now Griezmann is only 70k coins.

I find the best way to deal with the drop back, 1 depth guys is to bring out a 4-3-3(5). Set it to possession and your defence of choice. Set the full backs and CDM to stay back and have one CM getting forward with the other staying on the edge of the box.
    I choose press after possession loss. Your team will gegenpress the shit out of the ball and you're better served getting it back or just fouling them. This stops the whole point of their attack and keeps them on the back foot.

Once you are 1-0 up, pass it around the back for a bit. If he's not budged from his original tactic, you'll have no pressure on you and can keep the ball all you want. If he changes up to come and get it, you've got what you wanted there as well.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    I'm finding goals per game going the roof in those games where I score first. Everyone flits between something very counter attacking and mentally offensive - in a lot of my wins I find the opposition are ending the game in a 424, and I think switching to it quite early when I'm in ascendancy. Then, as I never hit drop back until 85th min, I tend to not be the best at dealing with it defensively...

These are my scorelines this weekend - 45 conceded in 22 games despite a >2:1 win ratio is mental... and 5 of these were subject to first half rage quits (yes I'm keeping spreadsheets )
    I keep a spreadsheet for FUT Champs too, and my record is decidedly worse - 37 conceded in 14 so far.

Cheers GF, I will give that a go next time I face it. I know one of my issues is definitely my lack of adapting to the opposition, I'm quite stubborn and like to stick with my style even when it's clearly not effective. Like Merse, I very rarely drop back early in a game, if at all, and it all contributes to the dangerous counters that opponents can produce against me.

Despite my shocking number of goals conceded, UCL Live Nacho Fernandez does feel like a definite upgrade on his regular card. Managed to pick him up for 49k, and he was 150-160k before Real lost to Ajax.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    I should have done for my sanity. I don't know though, I just never quit games really, force of habit. And yeah, you only keep the 400 Rivals points if you last the distance.

I've won the two games I've played since so I'm hoping it is just a one-off.
    I only quit in WL games.

3-0 down at HT or later is the general rule I stick to unless I feel the game is still wide open and I've just been unlucky.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost 6 of my last 9 games played to creak into Gold 2 this weekend with 17-11 as my overall record. Not very happy with that as I've been consistently hitting G1 in less than 30 games, but I have noticed a poor patch on late Sat night/early Sun morning affecting me the last few weekends. Weirdly too, the same kind of losses and players faced - guys playing a lot of 451 with a 5 man front line of 99 pace players - the kind of guys putting Hunter cards on players with 90+ pace already. They batter me transitioning that quickly with so many options.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only quit in WL games.

3-0 down at HT or later is the general rule I stick to unless I feel the game is still wide open and I've just been unlucky.
    Rage quit for the first time in this Fifa tonight. Similar to Thommo it's both habit and for the 400 DR points, and that I've come back from 3 goals down at HT too many times to not try it again.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing the Desailly sbc. Only got the 88 rated squad left. So far it's been the worst pack luck ever. One 84 Sokratis and three 83's. Gave up Baresi got 83 Thorgan Hazard in a rare jumbo player pack. Fuck this shit.

Final pack 84 Mandzukic & Depay.
    Last edited by Trancemeister; 10-03-2019 at 11:10 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been watching Nep open Ultimate packs on his first channel and it's genuinely unbelievable how bad they've been. EA fuck with the weight so much when there are promos.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What chem style are people using on Desailly? I'd be tempted by an Engine if I do him.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took a look at Benjamin Mendy 87. Compared to christmas Van Aanholt 81. Van Aanholt total stats 477, Mendy 475. Total in game stats Van Aanholt 2224, Mendy 2188. How the fuck is he a 87 rated?