Tempted to go balls deep in for Tevez tomorrow - 4-2-3-1 like this:

------------- Tevez -------------

Icardi - Alejandro Gomez - Dybala

Means I can get him to 10 chem

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suarez has dropped about 50k since I bought him a few hours ago.

Mind you, the players I sold to get him have dropped too, so I might well have sold at just the right time.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Tevez will be hard to fit in to any of my teams, but if the price stays as low as it is, I might just bite the bullet and do it anyway.

Only on 695 points for FUT Champions, so will play a few Rivals games this weekend to hopefully allow me to enter next weekend. The few matches I've played so far tonight have probably been sweatier than the Weekend League is.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm finding the standard of WL (bar one guy who fisted me) to be a lot lower than division 5 rivals tbh.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you stay around the 50% win ratio it definitely is.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WL matchmaking works differently to Rivals. In Rivals it's all about skill points.

FUT Champs is pretty much pot luck for the first couple of games but then you are assigned opponents based on your record. For example if you are 11-9 your rating is +2 and will be matched with someone also close to +2. If you are 15-5 you're +10 and will be matched accordingly there too.

What this means is, if you're good, you'll likely start well and the difficulty will increase as you go. If you are average you'll probably notice no difference throughout the weekend.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, so if you stay at a 50% win rate it'll appear and be easier than rivals.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm decidedly average so that probably explains why I prefer the opponents in the Weekend League. Every win streak in Rivals results in me facing people who are very clearly more skilled than me.

Just came up against a guy in Division 5 rivals who was already using the flashback Tevez in a pretty strong Serie A side (complete with 93 Baresi). Tevez didn't do much throughout but it took about 5 tackles to come away with the ball.

I still stole a 2-1 win thanks to red Dembele scoring in the 87th and 90th minutes.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tevez has been destroying me.

All my games have batshit mental since changing up the team. I’m still getting used to the personnel, but it’s going well in terms of goals - Cavani has 7 in 6, Suarez 6 in 6 and Griezmann 5 in 6.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, played another 2 since and both times Tevez has been a bulldozer, struggling to defend against him. Some power behind his shooting too, it's making me want to do the SBC more and more.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Managed to do his SBC for about 15k. The packs didn't bring me anything but he's such a fun little card to use. I'm finding he works better out wide and coming inside so far. His height, strength and balance make him a nightmare for full backs as they're usually about his height but tend to be weaker.

He's a steal if you can do him for 100k or so. Though saying that, unless you are loaded or plan on starting him, I'd maybe get his loan card first to trial. If you want a good link into him and can't afford the Icons, look at the Argentina league SBC. Both reward players are perfect links to Tevez as they play for Boca too. The only problem is the cost of this league SBC has risen over 100k in the past 24 hours due to Tevez coming out.

Started terribly this weekend. I was 1-2. A nice win followed by a thumping and then after that one I dominated but just couldn't put it in the net. He scored either side of half time and in pushing I left the back door open.
    I've since had a nice little recovery to 6-2. Things definitely seemed to click, but I've noted a few things. The main 2 are now me not really getting on with KDB. I had him in the side for the first 3 games then took him out. Since then I've won all 5.
    The other thing is Kante. He's getting to be too small for the improving teams he's facing. Now once KDB gets sold I'll be just shy of a million in the bank.

The current plan is to hang fire. TOTY hits Monday and the market is already dying rapidly. POTM should also be announced at some point next week. But given this is basically the biggest time of year for people putting fifa points on, I'm looking at doing Keane and leading that into Ballack whilst all TOTY players are in packs. That's unless Salah or VVD win POTM. In that case I'll just see how expensive they are first.
    Getting all of those packs back whilst TOTY is in there could be great.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Tempted to go balls deep in for Tevez tomorrow - 4-2-3-1 like this:

------------- Tevez -------------

Icardi - Alejandro Gomez - Dybala

Means I can get him to 10 chem
    Tevez is mine

Cost me almost all my coins but I got Handanovic back in the reward pack. First Icon I’ve ever owned on FIFA, so looking forwards to trying him out.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Streaming again.

https://mixer.com/Chemical_Locust

Some games, SBC's and clearing out my club.
    And again. On now.

If any of you Xboxers want a game while I'm on (even you Fox ) hit me up.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there likely to be a K League SBC?

Not sure whether to convert all of these bronzes.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there was kast year, but given how awful the japan league SBC was (the rewards were awful). I don't exspect it to attract much interest

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really turned down MM this year. There has been a real push to prevent people from investing in cards for coins

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm up for a game tonight some time if anyone on Xbox fancies it. Cracking team that Yev. I wanted that Ben Yedder but he's just too expensive for me to splash out on.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Thommo.

I need to get Hazard in for Son to sort the chemistry, but I'll wait until he's back in packs. If the IF was a winger I might have bought him.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad moment as POTM Reus gets dropped to the bench. Tevez is insane though and I think he fits my playstyle a bit better.

Really want to pick up Scream Busquets but I can tell as soon as I do, EA will switch up his pace boost and the price will crash.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've looked at scream Busquets myself as he's one of the very few CDM options La Liga has. However he was 130k before they gave him his current boost. That'd be a 250k loss instantly if they switched his stats up.

I'm thinking of dumping Van Dijk. I love him but currently using him needs me to have Alisson in goal and he's been terrible for me. I'm going to see if I can link in Varane to pair with my Ramos and get Courtois back in.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the chances of the following inform cards below getting a winter upgrade boost?

Aubameyang - 88 IF

Salah - 89 IF

Hazard - 92 IF

Van Dijk - 87 IF

Alisson - 86 IF

I have them all apart from Salah and Hazard, who I am tempted to go for if they are due to get an IF.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're looking at the base card really, you also need to take into account real life performance into account versus their rating. For example, Van Dijk is 85 rated but has been performing as one of the worlds best CBs. You'll likely see an upgrade there of +2, maybe even more. This will put his IF cards to +1 on whatever his new card is.

Players like Salah are performing about how you'd expect a close to 90 rated player to play.

Aubameyang - 88 IF - It's certainly possible, gut says probably not. Would be good for my POTM though.

Salah - 89 IF - I'd say not personally.

Hazard - 92 IF - Almost certainly not

Van Dijk - 87 IF - I'd say definitely. Unless EA are blind.

Alisson - 86 IF - Probably so. Bar his gaffe against United has probably been in the top 3 keepers in the league.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree with those predictions. If you already have them I would hold on and see how prices/predictions look closer and maybe sell into some hype.

VVD is locked in like fox said.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if Liverpool beat Bayern and advance you're suddenly looking at a 91 rated Van Dijk on his UCL Live card.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response.

I am just looking at last years upgrades and there's a few high rated players so fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I say Aubameyang could easily get one. I hope so though because I'm starting to notice drawbacks to my POTM card.

I've just polished off the 2 spare games I had to move to 8-2. Hoping for another session tonight. Now lining up like so:

This has pushed Raul out to the left once it switches to a 4-2-3-1. Mahrez becomes the CAM. I don't like Raul there but it just wasn't working with Mahrez there. Swapping them around has fixed something.
    My bigger problem is Aubameyang. He feels terrible for some reason. Maybe it's because I've been using players who are very good dribblers while he's been out the team.
    I could fix this by putting someone who plays in the centre but is more suited to a winger in there. ST Son and ST Salah are great candidates, as is CF Hazard and Del Piero.
    I also want to replace Fabinho, but I've stated my plans for a potential Ballack before.

900k in the bank. The stuff I was going to sell devalued further overnight so I don't quite have what I thought I was going to. Would like to soldier through the remaining games and hope to hit 20 wins again.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Van Dijk worth 160k?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and since this is my first time playing since it was knocked down to 30 I'm liking it so much more.

I did 3 blocks of 3 games yesterday and have done a block of 4 thus far, so much enjoyable and doesn't feel like I'm giving up my whole weekend to the fucking game.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancemeister View Post
    Is Van Dijk worth 160k?
    Absolutely. Best defender on the game for me. The only issue is he doesn't have a reliable partner in the EPL so linking it up can be tough. Maybe UCL Sanchez is good but I've not paid out for him.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Absolutely. Best defender on the game for me. The only issue is he doesn't have a reliable partner in the EPL so linking it up can be tough. Maybe UCL Sanchez is good but I've not paid out for him.
    VVD is a monster, I have just upgraded to his 87. It will take a special, special card to displace him.

I partner him with IF Bailly who is solid.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    87 Van Dijk (the IF one) is brilliant, he and 91 Desailly are a mean partnership.

Also, I just had my first game that I shouldn't have won but stole at the end:

He had a mega team (despite having the 95 RW Messi his best player was Scream Soggy Biscuits who was a cunt to get round) and I thought it would be a 5-4 sort of thriller but it was really tight. Thought I lost the chance when Salah took the touch but thankfully he buried it.

Up to 9-8, aim is to get to 14 wins as I really want 2 picks.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have ventured back online for the first time in a while playing a few rivals games today. 3-0 and I am really liking the current team.

I tried VVD a while back and didnt get on with him, however I really didnt give him a chance. Cant see him replacing either RTTF Sanchez or RTTF Kimpembe any time soon though!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully this makes sense - in real life you see goals where the striker makes it to a through ball a second before the keeper and uses their first touch to knock it under their body or around them to score.

Has anyone had any luck with those type of chances in FIFA? I get loads of these in game but it seems like the keepers 'hit box' just absorbs anything from that range no matter what type of finish I try.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost had one against me yesterday.

I was surprised it slipped under (it was right along the ground, any higher and it would have hit De Gea) but luckily for me it was just wide.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've sometimes had success with chipping it first time, but usually if the AI draws the keeper out he gets there before you will. Best to try and hit a pass . Hopefully you have runners with you, or maybe you can get a favourable deflection.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a pro do a ball roll round the keeper to score. Guessing timing has to be spot on though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done for the day at 11-8.

Happy with that, guaranteed another WL crack and I've got 11 matches to get 4 more wins for gold 3.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Added 86 Son into the team and it seems to have fixed the balance of my team. I'll probably end of losing money but fuck it.

After being 1-2 I'm now 13-4. I think that's been a pretty good recovery from me and the last 2 games I played were mental. The first saw me playing well, but Mahrez missed a cutback from inside the 6 yard line. Completely missed the target. He had Ronaldo and his plan seemingly was get it to him and it worked. He scores if he shoots within 30 yards and you don't block it. The score was 2-0 in the 85th minute and he was trying to keep it round the back. I managed to nick the ball off him off a bad pass and slotted one straight in. He's then decided my corner flag was better than near his, but I cut out the pass bombed forward and scored. He's then panicked and I've nabbed the ball and scored again in the 91st minute. 2-0 down to 3-2 up in 6 minutes. Then he went and scored straight from kick-off to complete the lols. Managed to pick him off in extra time and took the win.

Probably should have stopped there but went in for another one. This guy had every single small agile attacker going. Hell to actually get the ball of him but if I did he was very open. He held something like 61% possession on me but I countered twice and it was 2-1 going into the last 10. Then I moved in to block the ball in the box with Sandro and it gives him a penalty for fuck all. He scored and never looked back. My team were shattered from chasing shadows all game.

Still 13-4 isn't too bad. I'll see how many game I can tick off tomorrow.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any X-Boxers fancy a game?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll be around later for one Boom.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Yev, I will be on from around 7ish. Message me your tag and I will add you.

I wonder how much further prices will drop over the next day, if they do at all. I wish I had some coins to take advantage of it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they're as low as they'll get for now. There's already been some pretty massive drops. Messi is down to 790, near 70k drop. Neymar hovering about 500k, down 70-80k this week.

Pretty much stabalized now. Now we have a good idea of how they'll do TOTY. It's usually the defenders/keeper, then midfield, then forwards, then all released at once. But given their weird behaviour this year we never know.
    This feels very similar to black Friday. People have panic sold in order to pick up deals during the lightning rounds, but if anything the lightning rounds only raised prices and everything ended up going up. The initial dip was the crash, albeit it wasn't as extreme as this.

Don't be surprised to see some kind of coin sink type SBC come out in the next few days either. Maybe another Icon or maybe a big player as a flashback.

EDIT: @Yevrah can you edit the OP and put our gamertags in there? Saves people asking.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TOTY nominee cards have been found in the game so I think we'll get an SBC for those.

Shout out your gamertags if you want them in the opening post and I'll add them in.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yevrah Prawn of War

The slight regret I felt for gutting the club to fund the new team on Friday, and the worry I was being reactionary after another dismal WL run (I was 7-9 at the time) has been totally assuaged. This team has me playing like with the old one before Xmas, playing quickly and sharply - the old one feeling sluggish and difficult beforehand.

I’ve gone 9-2 with the new team, the losses both being on pens on Friday night during the ‘pro zone’ in the early hours and I’m really finding my feet with the big new additions today, going 7-0 today alone.

Cavani just scores thunderbastards for fun, and his movement is far better than Hulk’s. Suarez is a great CAM and I’m really enjoying Griezmann - obviously, being a Striker, he plays more like a striker, which given how I’ve loved Mbappe, who similarly is more striker than winger, makes a lot more sense for my style than Anderson did (even if I am missing him a little). Koke in CM is such a live wire and at full chem with a boost to his passing and defence, is the complete midfielder. Having him also seems to have me playing my best with Kondogbia so far.

I’m smashing through people like no ones business so I may even sneak a return to Gold 1. Looking forward to a full weekend with these too.

It’s also meant getting rid of a lot of my B team, replaced by some of the old A team, with Hulk, Talisca and F Anderson all coming in. I only play 5 or 6 games a week at most with that side so it’ll be fun to keep them around and I’ve also utilised some of my red cards - Allison, Robertson and Bailey all saving me some money.
    Quite glad to lose RTTF Milinkovic Savic from that side - he’s shite IMHO, but I’ll miss Immobile who has a lot of similarities with Cavani.
    Last edited by The Merse; 06-01-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just lost 3-1 on penalties against someone utterly shit.

I was 2-0 up (but could have been 6) when I gift him a goal in the 72nd minute, he then gets an absolute bullshit penalty minutes later because I used Telles to get in front of the man.

Goes to extra time and I'm still hitting him hard before KDB puts one in. From kick off he works it down and puts a through ball into Martinez, he slides to get it as he wouldn't be able to shoot and Desailly gets the ball but turns right into his leg and then he slots it past De Gea.

He was also resorting to mad last ditch challenges late on in the game and I'm 100% sure he took Crespo out as the last man but the ref gave nothing.

Absolutely seething as his goalkeeper Kepa made so many fucking bullshit saves in the first half.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to remember not to play a match after a bullshit loss.

Quit at halftime 3-0 down as I was just annoyed and couldn't be fucked.

12-11

When I log back on in a bit hopefully I'll be matched against shitheads who can't play.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now find myself 19-5. From a 1-2 start I think that's an excellent recovery. Taking a break now as the kids bed time is coming up and the last game has taken it out of me a bit.
    It was 1-0 to him basically the whole game. At the 80th minute he started pissing about with it and just holding it around my corner flags. I eventually overcommitted to getting him and the ball went into the middle to Tevez for a point blank volley and my Courtois somehow knocked it away. It went all the way out to my forwards and some quick play later had Raul 1 v 1. I waited for the keeper move and it came so I tapped it into the other side. I scored straight away in extra-time and tried to hold on, but his Aubameyang smashed a finesse shot in from about 35 yards at the death. Came from 2 penalties down in the shootout too. Completely undeserved but I'll take it.

From here it's the 1 win needed. Hopefully I can get it in the remaining 6 games. Should things go very well I'll look at Elite, but Gold 1 is all I want.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tapped out at 17 wins after losing my 28th to a guy who shit me down with two CDMs. Still something I struggle with - stick Fabinho +1 in front of a decent defence and the areas I most like to manoeuvre in and the balls I like to play in become a problem. Still scored two and went down only to a couple of deflected miss hits though, so I’m happy things are moving in the right direction and I seem to be back to pushing elite by the standard of red cards in the teams I’m beating.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost another game on penalties that I should have won

5 attempts to win 2.

Edit: Fuck it, I'll take the silver as I can't be fucked.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 06-01-2019 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbf, TOTW will be pretty bare this week with so many leagues going through a break. There'll pretty much just be La Liga and the minor leagues for red picks this Thursday, so probably not worth a major sweat.

Just made another 100k selling up League SBC silvers and non-rare Golds for 1-2k a pop, and sold IF Hulk for 140k, as I've decided to let Flashback Pato lead the B Team attack. So, with the crash, I'm hoping to be well re-stocked in the club once Tevez SBC disappears.
    Last edited by The Merse; 06-01-2019 at 10:35 PM.