User Tag List

Page 65 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,250 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn I'd buy that Pereira for 50k. Not one on the market though.

Always some fuck that insta buys him before I can
    Last edited by Trancemeister; 02-01-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some decent looking options for my Serie A team

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Hazard is pretty much his POTM card in its natural position. I was hoping on picking one up, expecting it to be just on the million mark, but even at 1.4m max price he is extinct.
    I'd love Firmino or Anderson in my red picks but I fully look forward to having to choose between Bamba, Bowen, Walker-Peters and Mancuso.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firstly, I fucking love goals like this:

Fast and lethal.

Secondly, what the fuck is this piece of shit play on:

First time I've seethed at a game in a long time. Ref was clearly on the take.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's because the 'keeper gets a hand to the ball. The game has stopped it straight on that and then called it back.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game is a dick.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones I hate are when you cut out a pass and start a counter that gets you in a great position but it's called back as the original pass target was offside.

The ones where you score and it gets called back have reduced a lot since the first weeks of the game I feel.

As for my team, I'm considering trying a full weekend of 4-1-2-1-2. It was my go-to formation the past 2 FIFAs and only this year have I succeeded in the 4-2-3-1 properly. However since the latest patch I'm finding it a lot more difficult to get it to click all the time. It also invited a bit of pressure sometimes when it's really not what I want.

I've just got to try and figure out how I want it. I was planning on selling Messi to fund some reinforcements but he's down to 800k. That's about 70k less than I thought he'd be and he was at the weekend gone. I've been eyeing up 90 Puyol. He's not the tallest but has great jumping and amazing everything else. An Icon at the back would really help linking everything up too.
    I also want a new keeper and to buy 86 Lala before TOTY, because if Mbappe gets in that card will rocket in price.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After getting to 21xx skill points I decided to check Div 2 rewards to see the difference and was disappointed. I then checked Div 4 rewards and was shocked.

For Rank 2 in Division 3, you need just over 13k points and you get(untradeable) 4 x Jumbo Premium Gold Pack, 2 x Mega Pack, 2 x Prime Mixed Players Pack.

For Rank 2 in Division 4, you need just over 13k points and you get(untradeable) 2 x Jumbo Premium Gold Pack, 2 x Mega Pack but 2 x Rare Players Pack.

The Division 4 rewards are much, much better in my opinion so I've relegated myself down to 4. This should also help with the upcoming objectives to get Da Costa.

I changed my team to one full of my FUT Champs reds and renamed it "FreeWin4You." The thing that was most disappointing was still seeing people playing as dirty as possible and as if their life depended on it. Makes me further glad to get away from Div 3.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got 10 coins for FutChamps rewards from the web app.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got 6!

But also the correct amounts as well. Odd.

Player pick was shit as expected - Sol Bamba.

The packs though were much better, despite this being my worst WL finish - IF Skriniar, IF Klum, Van Dijk, Koke, Kepa.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't even in the weekend league this week, so feared it might be my bugged division rivals rewards...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked up 5 of that 84 Kums for 15-16K each. Hoping another icon SBC requiring
    higher rated in forms drops and I can sell into the hype.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Comfortably the worst set of rewards this week I've had. Red picks were Digne and Rashford. Considering Firmino was in there that's hell as a Liverpool fan.

Managed to get just 2, 84 rated players between my 2 x 100k packs and 2 x 50k packs. I got TOTW Sorrentino and a draft token as the only notable things.

I ended up putting all the useless untradeables into the player upgrades and got back a Brahimi and then in the next one Ramos (). I'll be making my necessary upgrades to RB and goalkeeper and see what I've left to spend. That Ramos could come in very useful in saving some coin.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Comfortably the worst set of rewards this week I've had. Red picks were Digne and Rashford. Considering Firmino was in there that's hell as a Liverpool fan.

Managed to get just 2, 84 rated players between my 2 x 100k packs and 2 x 50k packs. I got TOTW Sorrentino and a draft token as the only notable things.

I ended up putting all the useless untradeables into the player upgrades and got back a Brahimi and then in the next one Ramos (). I'll be making my necessary upgrades to RB and goalkeeper and see what I've left to spend. That Ramos could come in very useful in saving some coin.
    Rashford looks like he could be a bit of a beast (based on a simple FUTBin comparison of him, Aubameyang and IF Jesus). I was hoping to pack him in my rewards.

Still tempted to go for him, will wait for some reviews.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet another day with no new content (other than MM which are awful). Very poor.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did they do around TOTY last year? Any SBC's or is it just promo packs galore?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they've ever done an actual TOTY SBC, there may have been some associated themed TOTY ones though. But mainly just packs, with ridiculously low pack weight.

I have a theory that they'll put someone shit in TOTY so that the pack weight can be masked somewhat. e.g. The shit player will have odds of 2%, while all the rest will be <1% (in reality probably less than 0.1%), but they can then advertise it as a 2% chance to pack a TOTY player.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Streaming again.

https://mixer.com/Chemical_Locust

Some games, SBC's and clearing out my club.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Some decent looking options for my Serie A team
    sorry what's this? TOTW?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone up for a match on Xbox after the Liverpool game?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have time for one game if you are free.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet, ready when you are - Prawn of War

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well fuck me, that was a hammering. Could defend for shit against that Auba-Jesus-de Bruyne front line, well played Boom

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unlucky Merse, I didn't feel like the better player.

Happy for another game anytime.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sniper Wolf TP4

Add me on Xbox guys. I'm probably on just after midnight to 1am time. I'll give someone a game, if not I'll use my draft token.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't be on this evening at that time but I am certainly up for a game when we are both online. I will add you.

We seem to have a fair few X-Box users here. Maybe we could get some sort of tournament / league on the go.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little bit short of the funds needed for the team I had in mind, but have only found this out after starting making it. Quite annoying. That untradeable Ramos might come in very handy after all.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on Xbox too - I'm always up for a game.

Silent Hawkk is my GT, blame teenage me for that horror show.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edgy.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely putting Ramos to good use their, Fox.

Made the same mistakes over and over that I made on last weekends nightmare run - bad habits with my GK distribution and trying to move the ball too quickly. Your defence was not exactly helpful in that regard as it's a bit err... Smothering. I seem to have totally lost the ability to elicit anything out of Talisca and the midfield as a whole too.

Well played. I like that side actually - Raul is so difficult to bloody tackle.
    Last edited by The Merse; 04-01-2019 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @thommo I've got you already too - assuming you and Fox being on there is due to the tournaments on the old board years and years ago on the 360?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Definitely putting Ramos to good use their, Fox.

Made the same mistakes over and over that I made on last weekends nightmare run - bad habits with my GK distribution and trying to move the ball too quickly. Your defence was not exactly helpful in that regard as it's a bit err... Smothering. I seem to have totally lost the ability to elicit anything out of Talisca and the midfield as a whole too.

Well played. I like that side actually - Raul is so difficult to bloody tackle.
    First time I've played with it, hence why I got a lot better 2nd half. Yev says I swarm him when I play him too. I like doing it, but if there's someone who can break past the initial pressure, I tend to have a bad time.

You also gave me quite a lot of space on the edge of the area. I've brought KDB in specifically for this as he and his 5* weak foot make him lethal in that area. I would quite like him as my CAM, but for chemistry purposes I need a LW/RW. I'd loathe to drop Mbappe/Lala, but it's either stick as it is or get Icons in to smooth out the chemistry.
    I don't have the coins for that option unfortunately, so De Bruyne and Firmino will be my 2 CMs in a 4-1-2-1-2, with Hazard playing the CAM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used my draft token and ran through to the final on the back of the ST Salah and CAM Neymar. They both felt lightyears ahead of their normal counterparts.

In the final we matched up against someone with the new Hazard and he knew how to use him. A very tough game saw me 2-1 down, however in the 60th minute Salah was set in on goal with a lovely ball by Neymar, but was hacked down by last man. He got the red card and the game changed. I took control by exploiting the gaps left by the spare man and ground out a nice 4-2 win.

Reward was a Jumbo Premium Gold Pack and a 100k pack. Managed to pull Insigne from the pack who goes for 38k. Not bad and would have made decent profit had I paid with coins too.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    @thommo I've got you already too - assuming you and Fox being on there is due to the tournaments on the old board years and years ago on the 360?
    Yeah I'm pretty sure we played each other back on 13 (?), I definitely remember having to use Galatasaray throughout the tournament and finding out Yilmaz was unstoppable on that game.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time I've played with it, hence why I got a lot better 2nd half. Yev says I swarm him when I play him too. I like doing it, but if there's someone who can break past the initial pressure, I tend to have a bad time.
    Not via the traditional press though right? I normally bypass that relatively well, but this was rather being smothered on receipt of the ball anywhere in your half.
    You also gave me quite a lot of space on the edge of the area.
    This can be a struggle for me. I don't think Firmino is helping at all with it either. When I ran Rabiot-Paulinho in CM, with the former as the Stay Back midfielder, I found someone would cover there most of the time, but despite Firmino's H/H, I don't find him to be the same. For that reason I'm bringing Paulinho back this WL. My midfield feels a little broken after Xmas, and his absence might be the cause as his positioning is great. Problem is, it leaves me with less go forward.

I'd really like to build the team with Koke dropping into RCM, but it means annihilating my club. I can sell Telles to fund 75% of TOTGS Alba, and use coins I have to fund IF Griezmann, but that leaves me needing a further 1.7m or so for RTTF Suarez and Cavani. As such, I'd rather wait until TOTY and see either the prices deflate or pick up TOTY alternatives.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My theory has always been you can have the ball in your own half all you want, unless you're winning late on.

After playing you I did that draft run and felt like I had my mojo back, so slipped into a couple rivals games and the annoyance returned. The first one saw me hit the post 4 times in a 2-0 loss. He had 2 shots on goal all game and both went in. Then came an odd one. I was pressing well and getting to the player with the ball, but it was if he'd covered them in butter. They slipped through all challenges and he took a 3-1 lead. I was finding it hard to break through his wall at the back so I literally scored with 4 finesse shots from the edge of the area.

Red Mahrez and Rashford came off the bench to grab a goal each in it too, almost making me wanting to get them more involved. If I were to bring Mahrez in it would mean sacrificing the long serving Mbappe and Lala would have to go, but it would put about 500k back into the coffers.

I agree with you on the midfield feeling broken. I've been trying Firmino as a CM but it's just not working for me.

As for buying now/TOTY I'd say it depends. If you've been looking, everyone who common opinion says is likely to make the TOTY is now dipping in price as people sell to afford their best version.
    Unfortunately people are vastly underestimating how much these players are going to cost. Even the cheapest of players in the CB or Keeper is going to cost 2m+ easily. This will lead to people then buying the previous card back again.
    In short, if you have a guy in mind who is likely to make the team, buy now. This could also be a potential money making situation. If there is someone who you think is likely to miss out, but only just, you could buy and hold. After all this is the first TOTY that will be vastly unpredictable outside of Ronaldo. I personally don't see Messi making it with the Mbappe/Neymar hype. There's also KDB and co to think about.

Lastly there's EPL POTM to consider. Here are the nominees:

It should really be one of the Liverpool two, but anyone that isn't Kane would be amazing. Potential for 86 Rashford, 94 Hazard, 88 Felipe Anderson, 91 Salah, 88 Son or 88 Van Dijk.

These will all cost a million easily. The exception being Rashford, who would likely be 500-800k.

I personally will find a ST Salah rated over 90 hard to turn down at almost any cost.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be good of Van Dijk won it. Has a defender ever won POTM since FIFA did SBCs?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Fut Champs game this year:

I should probably retire now, it's all downhill from here.

A little annoyed though as I could have had double figures.

Edit: 5-1 in the next so the slump has started. Crespo with another 4.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 04-01-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fell asleep on the sofa last night and slept right through without redeeming entry. A shame, but affords more time to tidy up my club.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-2 in my third game after extra time and then in the fourth I quit at halftime as I was getting humped 6-1 by a guy who was absolutely lethal.

3-1 thus far.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flashback Tevez looks tasty and shouldn't be too expensive.

Shame he is so hard to link. I wish these Flashbacks weren't restricted to their current club.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the look of him, but he's not good enough when you consider the ballache of linking him.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Veron & Crespo hard links should help. That might change things for me.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that Tevez stays below 130k by me getting home I'm having it. You need 2 icons to link him in in the 4-5-1 and I already have 1.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m doing it. Sold up a millions worth of shite so far. I hate this. Every time I go for someone big in a Fifa. The tedium of selling up only matched by the tinges of regret felt with each player sold and collection of full clubs ruined.

Just looking forward to getting my hands on Suarez now. The +2 surely due in Feb will make him TOTY standard, so 1.4m seems a decent deal and there’s a decent chance of him hitting 96 OVR.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tevez loan in weeklies. Might play a few tonight to see how he is.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a slump of 3 defeats I was matched up against someone who thinks he's good because he uses a lot of skills but actually are sweaty pricks who are shit.

He quit just before halftime as Crespo scored his third to make it 5-0. He was such a sweaty bastard that two times I had a 2-1 advantage and he let the man with the ball (Crespo) have a free shot goal as he wanted to cover the other man. Crespo buried both of those chances.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Player prices are plummeting, Aubameyang is currently 155K. I think people are selling up thinking they are going to be able to afford TOTY players but they are going to be mega money and hardly anyone is going to be able to afford them.

I imagine the same people will try buying back when they realise this and the prices will rise.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tevez has risen to 150k which is annoying, however I'm sure I have both an Argentinian TOTW item and an untradeable Matic in the club, which would take card of the special requirement in either SBC.

I reckon I could do it for quite cheap, maybe not quite for free, with the untradeables I've been building up. If I can I'll do it with the packs back I should at least break even. If not I'll wait and hope his price drops.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving up for the night at 5-4 as my last match pissed me off.

I was winning 3-1 and then I gifted him 2 goals before a great free kick near the end. 5-3 in total as I was pressing hard for an equaliser.

I had that win but let it slip.