Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are they again? Like foot warts?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toes get red and swollen, basically. I'd show pictures but the people who have it as adults seem to have the most horrific toenails going.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'd always say we have chillblains here if you're freezing cold but I never knew what they actually were.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tiny blisters, mad itchy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Unless you're one of the many people who apparently have it and experience no symptoms.
    I believe a cough is a symptom. /sass

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mum and Sister have got their results back and they are negative. Still waiting for mine.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also negative.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harsh. You can be chipper enough at times.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking LOL at all the people moaning about their holidays suddenly having a quarantine period whacked on the end of them. How could this happen? Why yes, the holiday was suspiciously cheap when we booked it three weeks ago, but...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know people who are genuinely in a state of existential shock at the idea of not having at least one (if not two or three) foreign holidays this year.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a proper wanker attitude.

As if it's a basic human right that they're being deprived of.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have we had a confirmed case on here yet?
    I didn't have a test (wasn't available) but almost certain myself and family had it in late March. Main affects being obstruction in upper chest/throat which lasted a while and cough which lasted ages. Nothing dreadful.

How wildly different it affects people is pretty, well, wild.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the sentiment but I tell ya coming here 5 days a week since COVID started has been a real fuckin bummer and I would really enjoy a holiday myself.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get yourself to a cold and uninhabited part of the world.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My buddy took his family to a log cabin in the woods of North Carolina. Said it was so remote they had to use actual written directions because the GPS wouldn't pick them up.

I could really go for that or just go hide in like a hut on the coast of Costa Rica for a month.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Book a holiday if you want but don't be surprised if you have to quarantine though. You're traveling during a pandemic shit could change.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am just daydreaming to be fair. I won't even visit friends cause I'm scared they'll get it from me and even if they didn't I'd feel responsible so my life has been like... the 4 walls of my room and driving to and from work.

I might try to socially distance at the beach tomorrow though.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Part of me still wishes Trump held his travel ban back a week just so I could land in a 'stay at home' California. It would've been shit but a different kind of shit.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Harsh. You can be chipper enough at times.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I know people who are genuinely in a state of existential shock at the idea of not having at least one (if not two or three) foreign holidays this year.
    A colleague told me today "I think I'll cry if I have a 4th holiday cancelled this year". He's booked to go to Italy and Switzerland.

It also poses the question, what to do with a member of staff who knowingly books a holiday to a country where a 14 day quarantine is required upon return . If they can work at home remotely, then fine. But, if their job involves being out and about then can you stop them? Or perhaps you just put them on SSP on their return.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got things in place for that. It's either unpaid or paid leave for the two weeks.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could stop them taking leave at that time, presumably, if it was a country already known to be on the quarantine list.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant claim SSP for quarantine.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paid leave it is then.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figure you can claim SSP if you test positive.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tens of thousands of people fleeing La France for fear of having to quarantine must surely make a mockery of the concept in some way or other. Either these people are coming back with a high risk of spreading covid and so should be made to isolate, or they aren't, in which case why are people who get back at 5am rather than 4am having to do 2 weeks inside? Is there no aspect of this crisis the British government isn't going to make a hash of? I mean, even Trump closed the borders early doors whilst everyone lolled at him for being an isolationist nut. Have we got anything right?

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    A colleague told me today "I think I'll cry if I have a 4th holiday cancelled this year". He's booked to go to Italy and Switzerland.

It also poses the question, what to do with a member of staff who knowingly books a holiday to a country where a 14 day quarantine is required upon return . If they can work at home remotely, then fine. But, if their job involves being out and about then can you stop them? Or perhaps you just put them on SSP on their return.
    We’ve told anyone that travels that green lists or not, if they travel then it’s 2 weeks unpaid out of work when they get back. One of the mongs thought he could just “work from home” when he got back from a month in Poland even though he can’t do his job from home.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump's ban still had a timer on it rather than the immediate response we should be putting together.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's been the same the whole way through.

You want the pub lads? Yeah? You ready? Nice pint of Ale with the Lads?... Monday you cunts! Now? Fuck off. MONDAY!

Everything has to have a time delay with these weirdos.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the Spain quarantine trailed in any way? I thought that one just came in and pissed everyone off (hence why they've probably allowed this window). My other question is to what extent is any of this quarantine shit enforceable and to what extent will it be enforced? My impression would be it is very unlikely to be enforced in any meaningful way, which leads me to wonder why people rushing back now (who obviously have no concern for the wider implications of their own behaviour) don't just not quarantine when they come back from 2 weeks miserable camping next Wednesday (instead of 10 days miserable camping and a 14 hour drive tonight)?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next time Boris stands in front of a pedestal, he should use the slogan, "This disease can't queue or schedule, fucknuts."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tens of thousands of people fleeing La France for fear of having to quarantine must surely make a mockery of the concept in some way or other. Either these people are coming back with a high risk of spreading covid and so should be made to isolate, or they aren't, in which case why are people who get back at 5am rather than 4am having to do 2 weeks inside? Is there no aspect of this crisis the British government isn't going to make a hash of? I mean, even Trump closed the borders early doors whilst everyone lolled at him for being an isolationist nut. Have we got anything right?
    How would you have done it? Immediate quarantine at the time of making the statement?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    How would you have done it? Immediate quarantine at the time of making the statement?
    If you have a genuine concern that people are going to be coming back riddled, it's the sensible approach. If you don't have a genuine concern, then why bother?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People always come back from France riddled with one thing or another.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's yet another fuck up.

And if I hear one more cunt whinge about their holiday being disrupted when they've clearly booked it after the pandemic started I may just take one for humanity.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an Aunt, an Uncle and a cousin driving back from Poland on Monday/Tuesday.

I believe that they don't have to quarantine as long as they don't get out of the car in the Netherlands, Belgium or France. It's about 4 and a half hours from the German/Dutch border to the Eurotunnel so it's doable.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done to Queensland Navy.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should've shot them.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. Sink everything investigate sometime in the future...
    Last edited by Queenslander; 15-08-2020 at 04:56 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the idea of there being a Queensland Navy.

The HQ would have to be somewhere like Longreach.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could imagine most of their time spent fishing the reefs.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 15-08-2020 at 06:14 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Shoot first, ask questions later.
    That's South Africa.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read the above. I work in travel and there are a multitude of major issues with the UK's quarantine policy and/or how it's being enforced: 1. you have the Spain scenario where the sector is given 4/5 hours notice. When you're dealing with tens of thousands of passengers/bookings, wtaf are you expected to do?; 2. govt is leaking/trailing quarantine hints in the week, they assess the data on Thurs and generally make these announcements late on Thurs or on Fri for Saturday am. But Saturday is changeover day for the majority of package travel so you're doubly fucking two sets of passengers, those preparing to depart and those on the cusp of coming home; 3. the pacakge travel industry must be the only sector that, by law, has to operate as a loss-making endeavour during this due to its obligation to refund within 14 days. It means most businesses, travel agents, tour operators and airlines, can't furlough huge swathes of staff because they need them working to process refunds. It's a double hit - you're giving away all the capital you've built up (by law) while also not being able to take advance of one of the major reliefs the government is providing. Unlike many EU nations too, the govt here gave the sector no concessions at all on the refund situation. If, from the outset, the govt had come out and said 'we realise refunding nearly every forward booking you've got for the next six months in a fortnight is impossible so we'll extend the refund window from point of cancellation to refund having to be paid from 14 days to three months, while also guaranteeing that money is protected under the same protection schemes that are in place' then everything would be much less fucked.

In short, I don't really sympathise with anyone who chooses to travel in this and gets knobbled by quarantine. That, in the grand scheme of things, is not a big issue. But expecting thousands of businesses to be able to reprocess the plans of hundreds of thousands of clients at, sometimes, hours notice is a disgrace. And it could have so easily been avoided.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd still argue the public's willingness to travel during this is the bigger problem. They know what could happen but still do it in droves. It's their decision to cancel or cut their holiday short.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the issue with people traveling as long as they know the after effects (quarantine) or changing conditions. Anyone booking during this period shouldn't expect travel insurance to work when it comes to cancellations.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I cancelled back in March I did not expect to get my money back. Although, in my case, I physically couldn't land at my destination. In these circumstances, there's nothing to stop people from travelling to mainland Europe.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we'd been doing this for years I could sort of understand, but it's been 5 months and the weather here has been glorious for most of that.

Anyone going abroad and then moaning about their plans being disrupted is an idiot. That said, the government could clearly be handling things better. The time delay in these things is fucking retarded.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And again, just going by the common sense approach, that there are a fuckton of countries that still won't let us in without having a ridiculously good reason (including most of the ones that seem to have a clue as to how to deal with this shit) just demonstrates that it's a silly time to be going away.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are just desperate for things to be normal. If in summer 2021 we are still in the same boat I'd consider a week or two away in air bnb somewhere.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    People are just desperate for things to be normal. If in summer 2021 we are still in the same boat I'd consider a week or two away in air bnb somewhere.
    Course, and I get that, but by Summer 2021 we'll have been in this for nearly 18 months, so it's much more understandable.