User Tag List

Page 178 of 238 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,900 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is a ride and a half.

THREAD: Over the past few days, I've spoken extensively with career U.S. government officials as they've worked around the clock to try and mitigate the damage from Trump's ineptitude on Iran. With their permission, I'm sharing a small taste from our lengthy conversations. Enjoy.

"We have no functional national security decision-making process in place. We have no plan for what comes next. They are woefully unprepared for what's about to pop off, and they're too stupid to realize it. People here are freaking out, and rightfully so."

"We're still trying to dig out from underneath the last war of choice, and now they're trying to start a new one. I finally cracked open the bottle of scotch you gave me that I've been keeping stashed away in my desk drawer."

"I'm gonna call you later tonight to talk through this so I can go into meetings tomorrow armed with some sane talking points to insert into this clusterfuck."

"When did most of us find out about killing Soleimani? After it already happened. Since then, we've been trying to cobble together contingency planning on the fly, but these charlatans ignore most of it, and then Trump does more stupid shit that puts us back at square one."

"All Trump cares about is shitting on Obama's legacy, sucking up to donors, and distracting from impeachment. None of this is about American interests or security. He's surrounded by ideological lunatic sycophants like Pence and Pompeo. But they're far from the only ones."

"So many of Trump's top advisors on Iran are military vets who served multiple tours of duty in our wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere. They believe to their core that Iran is the reason why they lost those wars, and they're dead set on payback - no matter what it takes."

"They've been pushing to kill Soleimani for years, and they finally baited Trump into it. They think war with Iran is long overdue, so for them, this was a means to an end. When Iran responds, they'll tell Trump to hit the Iranians harder. You see where this could go."

"They know the Iraqis are gonna kick them out now, so they're gonna try to kill as many as possible on their way out. Iranians, Iraqis, whoever. Some of them are advising Trump to tell the Iraqi government to fuck off and dare them to make us leave. I shit you not. Insanity."

"When I used your points about Soleimani's murder being a catalyst for Iranians to rally around the flag, they said that was 'Obama apologist bullshit,' and the Soviet Union forced people against their will into public displays of support. So apparently Iran is a superpower now."

"Trump is threatening war crimes against Iran, and none of his top advisors have the courage to publicly oppose it. Instead, they act like cowards and go on background with journalists to express their opposition. They should all resign. They don't deserve to serve this country."

"We have friends that are getting deployed into war zones, but for what? Trump has deployed 14,000 troops over the past 6 months, and it didn't prevent the current crisis. At what point do we start asking whether deploying troops is part of the problem rather than the solution?"

"The scariest part is that they're just making shit up to justify their preferred course of action. When we point out inaccuracies or question logic, we're at best yelled at or at worst cut out of the process. Most of the political appointees are paranoid, unqualified, or both."

"Last year, if you would've asked me whether American institutions are durable enough to prevent a Trump-led war with Iran, I would've said absolutely. Today, I'm not so sure. For as bad as it looks to you all on the outside, it's even worse when you see it from the inside."

"One of Trump's top Iran advisors got suckered into a honey trap, had their laptop/iPhone stolen and hacked before they woke up, and the White House refused to take precautionary measures regarding their security clearance. Ladies and gents, I give you the Trump administration."

In conclusion: Yes, folks. It really is that bad. I am but a humble messenger of truth. The voice of the voiceless. That is all. You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but, counterpoint, THE FLAG!!!!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The counterpoint would be when has US foreign policy in any region not led to or been a complete clusterfuck?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to stay well out of this shite. I hope Boris realises that. Trade deal comes second.

Americans have been a nation of gung ho thickos from day one and it won't change. Even Hillary managed to fuck a few countries up during the Obama years.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a reasonable dose of scepticism where criticism of Trump was concerned (it's easy, isn't it), but this has blown that right out of the water.

Agree with Jim, we should be nowhere near this or anything in the Middle East for that matter.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s just mental.

My old bosses boss took a job in Iraq starting 2nd January. Talk about a shit day to have a first day on a 28 day rotational job in a brand new war zone.

I think it’s quite clever that Iran are coming out saying they’re only going to target trumps personal stuff. Obviously he will spin at as “an attack on your president”.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my mates works as an electrician on American military bases in Afghanistan and Iraq on a four month rotational basis, and says the people in charge of such things have been in the process of getting both countries taken off the 'warzone' list, which cuts the money paid to all non military personnel by a third and significantly lessens security protocols on the bases. This despite the base in Afghanistan he just left in December being the target of a massive Taliban suicide attack three days after he left (the official line is apparently that the Taliban never actually got onto the base and merely exchanged gunfire with the perimeter guards, but I've seen videos sent by his workmates and that's a dirty lie).

Essentially, they're making it up as they go along in that region, as they always have done, so as bad as this all is it's far from surprising. The only truly surprising thing would be if they suddenly had a cogent plan.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's absolute madness.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked Marco Rubio's suggestion that they respond by partitioning Iraq. Yeah mate. That would calm things down. An independent Kurdish state.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I liked Marco Rubio's suggestion that they respond by partitioning Iraq. Yeah mate. That would calm things down. An independent Kurdish state.
    And I'm sure the Kurds are bang up for going into a deal with the US after you let Turkey do a bunch of war-crimes to them... less than 3 months ago?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Iranians blow up Doral they'll be doing everyone a favour.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Better yet, Drone-striking K Street.

An advert for this popped up on a stream I was watching the other day and I just burst out laughing.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, fucking lol at Netanyahu calling it an assassination and saying 'It was nothing to do with us, gov'.

When even Israel thinks you've gone to far against Iran.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    One of my mates works as an electrician on American military bases in Afghanistan and Iraq on a four month rotational basis, and says the people in charge of such things have been in the process of getting both countries taken off the 'warzone' list, which cuts the money paid to all non military personnel by a third and significantly lessens security protocols on the bases. This despite the base in Afghanistan he just left in December being the target of a massive Taliban suicide attack three days after he left (the official line is apparently that the Taliban never actually got onto the base and merely exchanged gunfire with the perimeter guards, but I've seen videos sent by his workmates and that's a dirty lie).

Essentially, they're making it up as they go along in that region, as they always have done, so as bad as this all is it's far from surprising. The only truly surprising thing would be if they suddenly had a cogent plan.
    Get them posted.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    What do you have against Doral, lol?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iran dropping cruise missiles at US Iraq-bases. We're off to the races boys.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We might as well do our bit and hand over Taz.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stones on them lads.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The absolute state of it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-51029994

Crashes 2 minutes after takeoff. Flight data seems to suggest a steady climb. Footage allegedly show the plane on fire and breaking up before it crashes. It was originally delayed for an hour.
    Last edited by Shindig; 08-01-2020 at 07:27 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    The stones on them lads.
    They bombed an airbase, in Iraq, with no US soldiers about. It's a limp gesture that let's them say to the Iranian people that they replied in kind, whilst giving Trump the opportunity to lol it off.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump agreed to it ahead of time.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Teheran need any hotels, mate?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CuntTrump
    ...Our missiles are big, powerful, accurate, lethal and fast.
    What a fucking knobhead.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fast. Not like all those other slow missiles you see.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im sure Scummo will withdraw troops from the bushfire frontlines to send to Iraq. #4evaneocon

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Fast. Not like all those other slow missiles you see.
    A slow missile would be pretty effective. You could disguise it as a heron.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    What a fucking salesman.
    Fixed that for you. That man is one carpet warehouse short of happiness. As for Iran, they've fucked this up. Even if they didn't shoot the plane down, detaining the black box robs Boeing of data that could potentially affect thousands of commercial aircraft. Not to mention robbing hundreds of families from closure.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean why would they shoot it down though? How do you accidentally do that? I know it's been done before but I mean.... idk in 2020? We just blowing up anything on radar?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anybody post how there was an earthquake like 30 miles from a huge Iranian nuclear power plant last night?

I never really believed in the HAARP shit or w/e but idk man that's a little too coincidental for me, Clive.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    I mean why would they shoot it down though? How do you accidentally do that? I know it's been done before but I mean.... idk in 2020?
    Yeah. MH17 was shot down in 2014 by a Ukranian rebel with a rocket launcher. He took one look at Malaysia Airline's colour scheme and thought, "PUTIN!" He couldn't boot up Flight Radar, could he?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean...nes_Flight_007 - Looks nowt like something that would cause you trouble but the Soviets scrambled an interceptor to shoot it down because it drifted into Soviet airspace whilst America were also doing reconnaissance.

You can also through MH370 into the mix. That plane goes silent, goes wildly off course and the Malaysian Air Force can't be arsed to give chase. They still haven't found that plane.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Yeah. MH17 was shot down in 2014 by a Ukranian rebel with a rocket launcher. He took one look at Malaysia Airline's colour scheme and thought, "PUTIN!" He couldn't boot up Flight Radar, could he?
    I mean that's a bit different isn't it? i'm seriously asking like... some random dude in the middle of a huge city like Tehran pulling out a rocket launcher like that?

I guess the Ukranian one was just outside Donetsk but they flew over a literal warzone like...idk seems different but I guess idk much about Iran.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean...nes_Flight_007 - Looks nowt like something that would cause you trouble but the Soviets scrambled an interceptor to shoot it down because it drifted into Soviet airspace whilst America were also doing reconnaissance.
    I didn't know about this one, much before my time but, okay now that sounds like something a bit more feasible I suppose.

MH370 blows my mind tho... really reminds me how small we all are since no one has apparently found any wreckage at all like u say

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've found plenty of the wreckage though

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See I thought they did but when he said it like tha tI thought maybe they had debunked it in the meantime my bad

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 pieces of debris have been found but confirmed only three pieces to be from MH370.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I zoned out for a while since yer man was killed. Has it all kicked off much yet?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone has shouted a lot and the Persians have fired some rockets at nothing. Otherwise, no.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And a plane crashed.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Crashed", mor elike

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I zoned out for a while since yer man was killed. Has it all kicked off much yet?
    Iran blew up a field and a Russian passenger plane spontaneously combusted. It's all chill.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't have been a missile, though. Missiles split planes in half and there's no other conventional way to disable a plane. I mean, what's a gun?

Iran's Civil Aviation Organisation (CAOI) chief Ali Abedzadeh said: "The plane, which was initially headed west to leave the airport zone, turned right following a problem and was headed back to the airport at the moment of the crash."
    Last edited by Shindig; 09-01-2020 at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incredible.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AV Herald seems to support the 'turn the fuck around' theory.

The point of first ground impact is at position N35.5625 E51.1033, the field of debris expands south of that location - which suggests, the aircraft had turned around and was moving in the direction of the airport again.
    The Iranianian Civil Aviation blokes are apparently meeting with Ukrainian representatives to listen or handover the black box recordings.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Iran's swift and terrible vengeance turned out to be shooting down a plane of Canadians and, presumably, Iranians? Top work.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just blame IS on this one, lads.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the Iranians are back protesting AGAINST the government after they admitted to having accidentally downed the plane. Must be hard to keep up with things in Tehran these days.

I want to say nothing much more is going to happen now, though god knows with Agent Orange in charge.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't have been a missile, though. Missiles split planes in half and there's no other conventional way to disable a plane. I mean, what's a gun?

https://www.thethirdhalf.co.uk/showt...-WTAS%99/page5

Think you'll find this is the thread for plane tracking my friend

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean these demonstrations are clearly arrangd by the CIA. We all know that right? Also Raab complaining that the UK diplomat was arrested - why the fuck was he at the protest in the first place? His excuse... "It was supposed to be a vigil for the victims of the crash".

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright Ho Chi Minh.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still not as daft as the theory I heard about Iran shooting the plane on purpose to tank valuable Boeing stocks.