Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does seem to have stepped it up a notch this season. I hope it's not just a purple patch, but rather a sign of things to come.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mean it as a dig but he has been proper handicapped given how shit Man United have been, wasnt helped with Ibrahimovic joining and even now with Martial being made of glass, coupled with zero support other than James.

You'd still expect much better numbers for a side that wants to challenge for things but you can only play the hand you're dealt, I guess.

In another world he would have left United and joined a more fitting team that can play to his strengths. It must be frustrating knowing that regardless of your movement, it's unlikely you'll be found by the midfield and the only midfielder capable of finding you is a prick like Pogba.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    14 in 23 for a 22 year old playing on the left wing is an excellent return...

That also all reads like you've never watched him or Utd play. The main criticism of all our forwards, Rashford absolutely included, is their lack of movement which had made us poor at breaking down defensive teams.
    Last edited by randomlegend; 19-12-2019 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's certainly in a good patch of form.

I've noticed recently he seems to be getting the Sterling treatment where commentators/pundits are keen on saying how many goals he's got 'for club and country' this season.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    14 in 23 for a 22 year old playing on the left wing is an excellent return...

That also all reads like you've never watched him or Utd play. The main criticism of all our forwards, Rashford absolute included, is their lack of movement which had made us poor at breaking down defensive teams.
    Do you even you watch your own side? Rashfords biggest weakness for me is his finishing. He's skilful enough, got a good burst of pace on him and has to contend with a midfield that seems more at ease passing it sideways or backwards. As I see it, your forwards are basically him and Martial, Rashford's finishing lets him down, Martial's inconsistency and poor decision making lets him down whilst James is a raw talent. If you had Lukaku still then I could accept the lack of movement being an issue as he was often static.

That's my opinion anyways but I'm sure Kiko and co will come along to verify.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Do you even you watch your own side? Rashfords biggest weakness for me is his finishing. He's skilful enough, got a good burst of pace on him and has to contend with a midfield that seems more at ease passing it sideways or backwards. As I see it, your forwards are basically him and Martial, Rashford's finishing lets him down, Martial's inconsistency and poor decision making lets him down whilst James is a raw talent. If you had Lukaku still then I could accept the lack of movement being an issue as he was often static.

That's my opinion anyways but I'm sure Kiko and co will come along to verify.
    I watch literally every game. The amount of times against the teams lower down in the table that the midfield have the ball and the forwards are just standing around is unreal. I must have heard commentators talk about it 1000 times.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://talksport.com/football/63431...ffield-united/

"Their lack of movement is a joke"

2:10 - "complete lack of movement"

Etc.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://talksport.com/football/63431...ffield-united/

"Their lack of movement is a joke"

2:10 - "complete lack of movement"

Etc.
    You've actually just linked to talksport and Jermaine Jenas of all people. Jesus.

You're not entirely wrong in what you're saying but they could move all day long, without any midfielder worth shouting about to feed them once they have made the runs it's entirely pointless. This in turn possibly stops them from making said runs as they know they aren't going to be receiving the ball. I think this is why Man United seem better against the better sides. Long ball by Maguire over the top bypassing the midfield allowing Rashford or Martial to run onto it on the counter.

From what I see of Man United which admittedly isn't a great deal as I have Nytol instead is more Rashford or Martial running with the ball blindly, running into trouble before being forced to pass it back to the midfield who in turn pass it sideways or backwards, or they'll just have a speculative shot or an individual piece of brilliance (Rashford more so as he's got skills)

I do feel it's the midfield that's the biggest problem which is why it boggles the mind that they might be about to spend huge money on Haaland.

That said, what do I know, I'm no OGS and he clearly seems to know what he's doing....

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Pogba is in the side he spends 90% of his time on the ball looking for someone making a run whilst nobody does. You've literally no fucking clue what you're talking about.

We are better against better sides because we can counter-attack which we are actually good at.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it's dawned on you but Pogba isn't in the side and hasn't been in a while.

and the only midfielder capable of finding you is a prick like Pogba.
    There's also the downside of when he is in the side it leaves you unbalanced as he hasn't got the discipline to maintain his position when needed which is why he excelled at Juventus and has flattered to deceive at United. I'm not too sure on this occasion it's me who doesn't know what he's chatting, I think it's the part time United fan in yourself.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You always let yourself down Smiffy.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your own manager agrees FFS.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With what?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why anyone engages Smiff on the subject of Man Utd is beyond me. You may as well be debating, well, anything, with Harrold. I loves ya Smiff, but your hatred of Man Utd renders your opinion on them far too skewed.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite part of this back and forth is Smiff saying "I don't mean it as a dig, but" as if he ever makes any post about United that doesn't contain a dig.

The truth of the thing probably lies somewhere in the middle, of course. Better movement would make it easier for the midfielders but if we had a midfield with any vision they'd be creating more than what they are.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lack of creativity. He made mention of it after the Everton game, he made mention of it after the Bournemouth defeat. Even Gary Neville mentioned it just a few days ago.

Unless I've let myself down in another way in which case, meh.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Why anyone engages Smiff on the subject of Man Utd is beyond me. You may as well be debating, well, anything, with Harrold. I loves ya Smiff, but your hatred of Man Utd renders your opinion on them far too skewed.
    Fair comment but to get this right, you're all suggesting that Man United don't have creative issues and it's more to do with the lack of movement upfront?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    My favourite part of this back and forth is Smiff saying "I don't mean it as a dig, but" as if he ever makes any post about United that doesn't contain a dig.

The truth of the thing probably lies somewhere in the middle, of course. Better movement would make it easier for the midfielders but if we had a midfield with any vision they'd be creating more than what they are.
    So basically this.

You're not entirely wrong in what you're saying but they could move all day long, without any midfielder worth shouting about to feed them once they have made the runs it's entirely pointless.
    I already made mention that Pogba is the only one capable but then even that comes with disadvantages.

I'm legit oblivious as to why you're all biting at something you're agreeing with.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it's dawned on you but Pogba isn't in the side and hasn't been in a while.
    Fucking hell are you actually broken?

You said our strikers only look like they have no movement because the midfielders other than Pogba can't pass. I tell you that even when Pogba is in the side, the lack of movement is still an obvious huge problem. You say "YeAh BuT pOgBa InJuReD1112!!!!". Retard.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Absolutely insane, isn't it? His header for us against Chelsea in the 2008 final was similar, but not as good as that.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Filthy header.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CFucking hell are you actually broken?[/QUOTE]

It's a reasonable assumption.

[/QUOTE]You said our strikers only look like they have no movement because the midfielders other than Pogba can't pass. I tell you that even when Pogba is in the side, the lack of movement is still an obvious huge problem. You say "YeAh BuT pOgBa InJuReD1112!!!!". Retard.[/QUOTE]

Yes....and I agreed with that but Pogba has been missing since August/October and now the issue is the lack of creativity, hence "they could move all day but no midfielder can find them".

By all means throw out petty insults but it speaks more volumes about you than it does me.

'We didn't have the ideas': Solskjćr laments lack of United creativity
    All runners but no passers: Manchester United might be rapid... but young side lacks creativity
    “Some of the boys lack a little bit of composure and we don’t create enough chances to win a game of football. They stay together as a team but we don’t create.
    Last edited by Smjffy; 19-12-2019 at 02:33 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t he have one against Roma that was similar? His hang time is unreal.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes....and I agreed with that but Pogba has been missing since August/October and now the issue is the lack of creativity, hence "they could move all day but no midfielder can find them".

By all means throw out petty insults but it speaks more volumes about you than it does me.
    You're absolutely brainless.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Didn’t he have one against Roma that was similar? His hang time is unreal.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evidently so is your manager if he agrees with The Broken One™.

Gary Neville last month on the movement.

"The lack of movement from [Marcus] Rashford, [Anthony] Martial and [Daniel] James is a joke."

Gary Neville a few days ago on creativity.

Gary Neville insists Man United's struggles against so-called 'lesser' teams this season is down to a lack of creative players at Old Trafford.
    Speaking to Sky Sports after the 1-1 draw vs Everton, the ex-defender said: "United still need those transfer windows, they still need those players into the club.

"We are still going to see inconsistency. There just isn't that quality, experience, patience; how to navigate a team that plays compact and is soaking up the pressure.

"Time and time again this season, when teams just force United to come forward a little bit, they have a problem - they haven't got the quality to break them down.

Last edited by Smjffy; 19-12-2019 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He almost always looks like he's jumped far too early but just seems to stay in the air.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evidently so is your manager if he agrees with The Broken One™.

Gary Neville last month on the movement.

"The lack of movement from [Marcus] Rashford, [Anthony] Martial and [Daniel] James is a joke."

Gary Neville a few days ago on creativity.

So you've now decided that the fact we have a lack of creative midfielders - which we evidently do - is incontrovertible evidence that our forwards don't have a lack of movement. Your logic is absolutely bewildering.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roma defenders stay getting bullied.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you've now decided that the fact we have a lack of creative midfielders - which we evidently do - is incontrovertible evidence that our forwards don't have a lack of movement. Your logic is absolutely bewildering.
    You realise I agreed about the lack of movement, right? Nor did I suggest movement wasn't an issue. It all pretty much combines into the same arguement. No creativity means the movement is point of view is irrelevant, no movement means Pogba can't creative (when fit) I honestly don't see why you're being so fragile given it's a combination of both and we only got to that point because you suggested Rashford's biggest weakness was his movement, I suggested it was his finishing and then detailed reasons behind that opinion, ie, lack of creativity.

Go have a lie down. I would spell it out in simple terms for you but we've wasted enough time on something so trivial it's boring.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You realise I agreed about the lack of movement, right?
    No you absolutely didn't.

If you had Lukaku still then I could accept the lack of movement being an issue as he was often static.
    You in fact said you couldn't accept it being an issue now Lukaku is gone.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copa del Rey tonight, lads, everybody excited for that, yeah?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at least I can see where the confusion is. I was referring specifically to Lukaku in that instance, just as I was referring specifically to Rashford's biggest weakness being his finishing.

As a whole, of course there is a lack of movement but without Pogba, even if they were moving, you haven't got the midfield to take advantage of it, just as there is a lack of creativity without Pogba (who again, has been missing more than he has played this season) and given the midfield can't create, it means Rashford and Martial have to be the creative force themselves. They can't do both. If anything it shows how unbalanced your side is.

Chill out a bit, fella.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copa del Rey tonight, lads, everybody excited for that, yeah?
    Paddy Power offering 11/4 for all the 6pm games to have more than 1.5 goals. There's seven games at that time. Awful odds, awful competition.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're basically the only games that are in the BBC fixture list with which to try and change the subject.

We can talk about the ongoing THRILLER between Aris and Volos instead if you'd rather.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always thought Steven Gerrard was overrated, a bit of a Scouse Nicky Butt.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're basically the only games that are in the BBC fixture list with which to try and change the subject.

We can talk about the ongoing THRILLER between Aris and Volos instead if you'd rather.
    Let's talk about Rebekah Stott's strike against Perth Glory this morning in Melbourne City's 1-0 win. I had the misfortune of watching it and yeah, women's football clearly isn't for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I've always thought Steven Gerrard was overrated, a bit of a Scouse Nicky Butt.
    Spearing was always the better player tbf, he just lacked a few important attributes like passing, defending, marking, creating, scoring but boy could he run and point.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronaldo's header against us was another leap and a half.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot about the existence of that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well at least I can see where the confusion is. I was referring specifically to Lukaku in that instance, just as I was referring specifically to Rashford's biggest weakness being his finishing.

As a whole, of course there is a lack of movement but without Pogba, even if they were moving, you haven't got the midfield to take advantage of it, just as there is a lack of creativity without Pogba (who again, has been missing more than he has played this season) and given the midfield can't create, it means Rashford and Martial have to be the creative force themselves. They can't do both. If anything it shows how unbalanced your side is.

Chill out a bit, fella.
    There was no confusion. You are just backtracking.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post

Forgot about the existence of that.
    **insert rollercoaster vomit of Lofty here**

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no confusion. You are just backtracking.
    Jesus...is everything OK, RL? You seem a little tender this evening. If it's so important to you we'll pretend I backtracked. Sorted. Now we can leave it and you can enjoy the remainder of your evening and this thread can get back on track.

Happy?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smashing it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    **insert rollercoaster vomit of Lofty here**
    I will never forget that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^Ridiculous header from Ronaldo. The Dybala volley from the same game isn't too shabby either:

(23 seconds in)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he's 5'6" then those women are fucking behemoths