User Tag List

Page 206 of 312 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207208216256306 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,300 of 15563

Thread: The NFL Thread

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packers have an extra first rounder and some cap space in 2019.

Bills would make a lot of sense though. They've got a tough defence, there's future franchise qb who likes to bomb it. They might want to replace their retiring DT though, and there's load of really solid options available at that end of the draft board.

I don't think the steelers will let him walk. They've lost leveon, Bryant and then brown? That would be really leaning on Conner and juju. Depends if Big Ben decides to give it up I suppose. If he does, they're in rebuild anyway unless mason rudolph is a silent superstar.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UCF are in danger of losing their streak too. About to be down 14 with 20 minutes left.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thirteen even but a muffed lsu punt reception opens it up again.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packers need 3 linemen, a tight end, 2 outside linebackers, and a pair of safeties in a massive way before they even think about anything else. I'd be happy enough with Valdez Scantling and St.Brown with another year under them being 2 and 3 after Adams and fill other holes anyway.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    Packers have an extra first rounder and some cap space in 2019.

Bills would make a lot of sense though. They've got a tough defence, there's future franchise qb who likes to bomb it. They might want to replace their retiring DT though, and there's load of really solid options available at that end of the draft board.

I don't think the steelers will let him walk. They've lost leveon, Bryant and then brown? That would be really leaning on Conner and juju. Depends if Big Ben decides to give it up I suppose. If he does, they're in rebuild anyway unless mason rudolph is a silent superstar.
    Sounds like he didn't actually request a trade, so most of this is probably irrelevant, but if I was the Jets I'd be trying to get them both. Ben will stay as long as he can in spite because the team dared to draft a QB who might replace him, but Bell is gone for sure. They're really not in a good place at the moment though, so they might have to deal with a couple more seasons like this before they can actually get a proper rebuild underway.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Packers need 3 linemen, a tight end, 2 outside linebackers, and a pair of safeties in a massive way before they even think about anything else. I'd be happy enough with Valdez Scantling and St.Brown with another year under them being 2 and 3 after Adams and fill other holes anyway.
    Agreed about the WRs - Adams, MVS, ESB, Kumerow & J'Mon Moore is a solid enough set of guys, especially considering it seems to take a year or two for people to get chemistry going with Rodgers. I'd imagine they'll use one of the first rounders on an edge rusher, and the other on a safety or a lineman, depending on who falls.

---

Latest declarations for the draft include Florida OT Jawaan Taylor, TEs Jace Sternberger (Texas A&M) & Kaden Smith (Stanford), hyped up Duke QB Daniel Jones & his teammate, LB Joe Giles-Harris & NC State WR Jakobi Myers. Meanwhile, potential first rounder CBs Bryce Hall & Levonta Taylor are going back to school. Full list of who's in & who's out from the underclassmen can be found here.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word is that some teams have contacted us about trading for Harbs

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sternberger was really good at A&M after transferring in from a small school (or JUCO?) so hope he works out.

Just been reading through a mock draft in cbs (yep, already) and there's a whole raft I've never heard of. Interestingly they had ed Oliver all the way down at thirteen and drew lock going to the broncos. Not buying that. Haskins at six to the giants though I could see...

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I had seen a few bits about Cleveland wanting him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cleveland need to give the job to Williams. If they don't he's going to be a head coach somewhere else.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I had seen a few bits about Cleveland wanting him.
    Cleveland and Broncos seem to be the most linked.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packers need to go get Rivera and then let him hire a young hotshot OC. The likes of Daniels won't bring the required attitude change.

Even Williams if the Browns are stupid enough.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sternberger was really good at A&M after transferring in from a small school (or JUCO?) so hope he works out.

Just been reading through a mock draft in cbs (yep, already) and there's a whole raft I've never heard of. Interestingly they had ed Oliver all the way down at thirteen and drew lock going to the broncos. Not buying that. Haskins at six to the giants though I could see...
    I've been reading them for months Who were the names you didn't recognise?

Ed seems to be slipping in mocks just because of Quinnen Williams & the number of teams who need other positions more. Drew Lock's going all over the place, but he does kinda seem like a Bronco QB (big arm, athletic white dude with questionable ability as an actual QB, hopefully better than Osweiler & Lynch), although maybe the second round is a better value (then again it's QB so value goes out the window).

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone trading for a coach is mad.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only one I recall it working for was the Buccaneers for Gruden.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watching the rose bowl? Got a feeling the buckeyes are going to fuck up washington.

Hopefully Haskins makes it through unhurt.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What we need is Rex Ryan to return. Jeff Fisher maybe.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Anyone trading for a coach is mad.
    Yep, especially for the price.

Apparently we're looking for at least two first rounders.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watching the rose bowl? Got a feeling the buckeyes are going to fuck up washington.

Hopefully Haskins makes it through unhurt.
    Yeah, i'll be keeping an eye on it. Hoping Byron Murphy & Taylor Rapp play well for Washington too.

Just seen that Clifton Duck has declared for the draft. Would've expected him next year, but he's a first rounder in the name draft.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    What we need is Rex Ryan to return. Jeff Fisher maybe.

I heard Rex Ryan's name mentioned for the Miami job in the two hours between Mark Richt retiring & Manny Diaz taking over, so maybe he could still be persuaded for the right job.

Yep, especially for the price.

Apparently we're looking for at least two first rounders.

In related news, Lincoln Riley has signed a contract extension with Oklahoma.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided I'm going to record it and watch it tomorrow instead, as with the Georgia Texas game after. Will be a nice conclusion to annual leave before the doom and fear emerges.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have we even mentioned the Jags voiding all of Leonard Fournette's guarantees? That's turned out to be a terrible pick. Wonder if he'll end up being traded/cut this offseason.

EDIT: Just about to watch the couple of Josh Jacobs games that have gone up on YouTube the last couple of days, and saw what I'd written down about Saquon - "potential to produce a 2000 all purpose yard season" as a rookie. He had 2028, hire me Oakland
    Last edited by Dan; 01-01-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two 1sts for Harbaugh is exactly what the Browns need to do to fuck up all their hard work.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have we even mentioned the Jags voiding all of Leonard Fournette's guarantees? That's turned out to be a terrible pick. Wonder if he'll end up being traded/cut this offseason.
    He also went and sulked with Yeldon throughout the entire of the last game of the season. Both were seen sat and giving no shits for what went on in the game.

There's also talk of him legally challenging them for the money owed as they are guarantees. That can surely only end in him being shown the door. He's missed 11 games in 2 seasons through injury and suspension. Given they're needing a QB, I'd look to ship him about for one or a decent draft pick to see about picking one up.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you'd probably still get a second for him, but I'm not entirely convinced it wouldn't end up being a third. Why give up an early pick for him when he's had all these issues, and we've seen time & time again you can pretty much plug anyone you like in at RB if you have a good line/scheme - just look at Pittsburgh every time Lev Bell has been out or the Rams the last two weeks with CJ Anderson. Heck, even on the Jags it's not like TJ Yeldon was much of a difference, and Carlos Hyde keeps getting kicked out the door despite being an above average back.

With Foles & Teddy being available this year in free agency I'm not sure there are many great QB trade options, but how do you feel about these options?

1. Fournette & a third rounder for Jameis
    2. Fournette & a second for Carr
    3. Fournette & a fourth for Tannehill
    4. Fournette & a fifth for Jacoby Brissett & a fourth

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, the Texas offence is just AIDS - chuck it up to the big WRs until you get a third down or hit the redzone, then just run your QB as many times as it takes to get the first down/TD. Works in college though, as proven by Sam Ehlinger's three TDs, none of which were passes, and which all came from about two yards out. The last one came after four consecutive QB runs at the goal-line

Georgia's offence is AIDS in a completely different way - they try too hard to be classic Alabama & pass the ball about five times in the first half, then when they remember they have a first round QB & some good receivers they cruise up the field. It sounds like they could have given less of a fuck about the game if they'd tried though, so they deserved to get dicked on.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really, really like this

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like ‘victory’ & ‘slow victory’ as well. Not sure I’d call ‘take a safety’ enough to have it on the sheet though.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It feels a bit early to say the daftest opinion of the year has already been expressed, but I think the daftest opinion of the year has already been expressed.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's going balls deep in trying to back himself on it too.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, he’s kinda right. AB went in the sixth because he was an alright college player who had a shit combine, but character issues probably would’ve had something to do with it too if they were there.

EDIT: AB has even tweeted a draft profile of himself that mentions attitude/character concerns taking him off draft boards.

It’s LOL to try to pretend he hasn’t completely blown every conceivable expectation anyone has had for him out the water, and if anyone had thought he’d become what he has he’d obviously have been a first rounder, but he went where you’d expect given what teams knew about him at the time.
    Last edited by Dan; 03-01-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice to try and be revisionist and all, but 34th all time on receiving yards and 35th for receiving TDs (currently, probably with potential to go top 10 in both) probably says the scouts didn't know what they were doing more than an apparent hissy fit 8 years down the line says they did.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Pittsburgh thought there was any chance AB was going to become an all-time great WR they would’ve taken him earlier than round six. This isn’t scouts being clueless, this is AB working his arse off & improvising every aspect of his game to a degree that’s almost unheard of.

The guy’s an idiot for trying to say a couple of arguments proves he went in the right spot, because he’s basically saying everyone knew he’s be what he’s become & the only reason he fell was because he threw a few strops.

He went in the sixth 90% because nobody thought he was very good, and 10% because people thought he might be a dick, not the other way round.

Everyone knew Manziel was going to be trouble off the field, and yet he still went in the first because teams don’t give a fuck if you’re difficult if they also think you’re amazing at football. Meanwhile, there are loads of outstanding professionals who go undrafted every year because teams don’t care how great you are as a person if you’re also shit at football.

Evaluating AB then is like looking at Antonio Callaway in college. If he becomes a superstar everyone will say he should have gone round one, and it’s entirely possible he does, but I don’t hear anyone saying that now given what we know at this moment.

It’s why scouting is so hard. You can only make your best guess based on the information available to you at the time - tape, testing & interviews - and you pretty much have to accept you’re going to be wrong twice as often as you’re right.
    Last edited by Dan; 03-01-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More declarations for the draft, including:

- Five Penn State guys, the most notable being Miles Sanders (RB), Connor McGovern (C) & Shareef Miller (EDGE)
    - Dawson Knox (TE, Ole Miss) - that's the QB, three starting WRs, TE & LT all gone.
    - Vosean Joseph (LB, Florida)
    - Darius Slayton (WR, Auburn)
    - Joe Jackson (EDGE, Miami)
    - Taylor Rapp (S, Washington)
    - Both David Long's (West Virginia LB & Michigan CB)

Also a few names confirmed to be going back to school:

- Tyler Biadasz (C, Wisconsin). Look for him to be a high first rounder next season - he's a stud already as a redshirt sophomore.
    - Collin Johnson (WR, Texas)
    - All three starting linebackers for Miami (Shaq Quarterman, Michael Pinckney & Zach McCloud)

Deadline for underclassmen to declare is 14th Jan, I believe, so ten days until we have the final list of draftable players

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not too sure where we'll go via the draft.

I'd assume some more O-line help (Yanda, Stanley and Brown are great, the rest meh), CB (Carr is 33 and Jimmy is 31), Safety (Jefferson hasn't performed, Weddle is getting on) and I guess WR (like we'll be fucking throwing) are the obvious holes.

Do we draft a RB? Before Gus broke out I'd say no but he and Dixon are doing so well. Perhaps an edge rusher due to Suggs age.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore-ravens/contracts/

Just seen our contacts actually. Suggs apparently wants to stay (he deserves to) and depending on what the contract types are I can only see us keeping Za'Darius Smith, Pierce, Onwuasor, Gus and possibly Urban along with Eluemenor or Skura.

So a MLB would also be on the cards as I can't see us working a deal with Mosley.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finalists for the Hall of Fame have been announced:

Tony Gonzalez
    Isaac Bruce
    Edgerrin James
    Ed Reed
    Steve Atwater
    Champ Bailey
    Ty Law
    John Lynch
    Tony Boselli
    Steve Hutchinson
    Alan Faneca
    Kevin Mawae
    Richard Seymour
    Dan Coryell
    Tom Flores

Reed, Bailey and Tony G first year guys. Oh and will John Lynch finally make it? Sixth time in a row he's been a finalist now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Collin Johnson looks pretty nifty So happy he's going back. Sam ehlinger seems to be warming into the tebow bulldozing role but can actually throw it too. Have to think he needs to throw it more often if he wants NFL attention. Bulldozing won't come so easy in the NFL, despite him being 6'3 and 230.

You watch the Michigan "all or nothing" dan? Would be interesting for you with rashan Gary and Devin bush heading to THE LEAGUE.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You watch the Michigan "all or nothing" dan? Would be interesting for you with rashan Gary and Devin bush heading to THE LEAGUE.
    Is that "All or Nothing" a college version of the Amazon Prime show? Do you have to know a lot about college football to enjoy it?

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Collin Johnson looks pretty nifty So happy he's going back. Sam ehlinger seems to be warming into the tebow bulldozing role but can actually throw it too. Have to think he needs to throw it more often if he wants NFL attention. Bulldozing won't come so easy in the NFL, despite him being 6'3 and 230.

Yeah, Ehlinger is a stud college QB who would probably go on day three in the draft - Trace McSorley will be that guy this year.

Not watched All or Nothing as I don’t have prime, but should probably look into it. Chase Winovich is the character guy from there, but I seem to remember hearing Gary comes over well from it, even if the show itself is a bit meh.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    Is that "All or Nothing" a college version of the Amazon Prime show? Do you have to know a lot about college football to enjoy it?
    That's the one yeah. Nah,
    Not really. It's quite interesting as it sort of follows a team. It's not as in depth as NFL hard knocks mind, but mildly entertaining. Harbaugh is not at all how I would have imagined him.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Ehlinger is a stud college QB who would probably go on day three in the draft - Trace McSorley will be that guy this year.

Not watched All or Nothing as I don’t have prime, but should probably look into it. Chase Winovich is the character guy from there, but I seem to remember hearing Gary comes over well from it, even if the show itself is a bit meh.
    I absolutely love trace mcsorley. Such a good dude. Hope he hangs onto a roster.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Pro Team:

Quarterback: Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City Chiefs
    Running back: Todd Gurley, Los Angeles Rams
    Wide receivers: Michael Thomas, New Orleans Saints; DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans
    Tight end: Travis Kelce, Kansas City Chiefs
    Flex: Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs
    Left tackle: David Bakhtiari, Green Bay Packers
    Left guard: Quenton Nelson, Indianapolis Colts
    Center: Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles
    Right guard: Zack Martin, Dallas Cowboys
    Right tackle: Mitchell Schwartz, Kansas City Chiefs

Edge rushers: J.J. Watt, Houston Texans; Khalil Mack, Chicago Bears
    Interior linemen: Aaron Donald, Los Angeles Rams; Fletcher Cox, Philadelphia Eagles
    Linebackers: Luke Kuechly, Carolina Panthers; Bobby Wagner, Seattle Seahawks; Darius Leonard, Indianapolis Colts
    Cornerbacks: Kyle Fuller, Chicago Bears; Stephon Gilmore, New England Patriots
    Safeties: Eddie Jackson, Chicago Bears; Derwin James, Los Angeles Chargers
    Defensive back: Desmond King, Los Angeles Chargers

Kicker: Justin Tucker, Baltimore Ravens
    Punter: Michael Dickson, Seattle Seahawks
    Kick returner: Andre Roberts, New York Jets
    Punt returner: Tarik Cohen, Chicago Bears
    Special teamer: Adrian Phillips, Los Angeles Chargers

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second team:

Quarterback: Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints

Running Back: Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys

Flex: Christian McCaffrey, Carolina Panthers

Tight End: George Kittle, San Francisco 49ers

Wide Receivers: Julio Jones, Atlanta Falcons; Tyreek Hill, Kansas City Chiefs

Left Tackle: Duane Brown, Seattle Seahawks; Terron Armstead, New Orleans Saints

Right Tackle: Ryan Ramczyk, New Orleans Saints

Left Guard: Joel Bitonio, Cleveland Browns

Right Guard: Marshal Yanda, Baltimore Ravens

Center: Maurkice Pouncey, Pittsburgh Steelers

Edge Rushers: Von Miller, Denver Broncos; Cameron Jordan, New Orleans Saints; Myles Garrett, Cleveland Browns; Danielle Hunter, Minnesota Vikings

Interior Linemen: Chris Jones, Kansas City Chiefs; J.J. Watt, Houston Texans

Linebackers: Von Miller, Denver Broncos; C.J. Mosley, Baltimore Ravens; Leighton Vander Esch, Dallas Cowboys

Cornerbacks: Byron Jones, Dallas Cowboys; Xavien Howard, Miami Dolphins

Safeties: Jamal Adams, New York Jets; Harrison Smith, Minnesota Vikings

Defensive Back: Derwin James, Los Angeles Chargers

SPECIAL TEAMS

Placekicker: Aldrick Rosas, New York Giants

Punter: Johnny Hekker, Los Angeles Rams

Kick Returner: Cordarrelle Patterson, New England Patriots

Punt Returner: Desmond King, Los Angeles Chargers

Special Teamer: Cory Littleton, Los Angeles Rams

I'm a little surprised that Littleton wasn't in the first team. He blocked a couple of punts and I think he got a special teams TD.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang on, Saquon didn't get in either team? Was Zeke really better than him this season (honest question, don't think I've seen much of Dallas all year)? Also, how come Tyreek gets to be first team flex AND second team WR? Surely you could boot him out of a flex spot for Saquon. Same for Derwin James, actually.

Michael Dickson first team all pro punter as a rookie Braden Mann could be the next stud in 2020, if anyone's looking for punters of the future.

EDIT: RBs Elijah Holyfield (Georgia) & Trayveon Williams (Texas A&M), CB Julian Love (Notre Dame), TE Isaac Nauta (Georgia) & WRs JJ Arcega-Whiteside (Stanford), Riley Ridley & Mecole Hardman (both Georgia) all declared now as well.

Half the Georgia offence leaving might help explain why they didn't give a fuck about playing Texas. They've also had Justin Fields transfer to Ohio State, which surely means Haskins is gone now.
    Last edited by Dan; 04-01-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zeke was rushing leader so he was always going to get it.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just remembered I was going to do an end of season thingy:

Following on from the one at the start of the year, here are the same individual awards for you to vote on:

Toggle Spoiler

For reference, I'm classifying MVP as 'the player who was most critical to the success of their team', and OPOTY/DPOTY & OROTY/DROTY as 'best offensive/defensive player/rookie regardless of positional value'.

You can also have another chance at predicting the playoffs:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm keeping my predictions from the start of the year.

AFC Conference Champion: Ravens
    NFC Conference Champion: Rams

SuperBowl Champion: Ravens.

Loomar, Gus the Bus and Kenneth 'THE TRUTH' Dixon running all over everyone.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a pity these weren't 6 and 9pm games. Another bloody hour to go.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Texans and Dallas for me here, intriguing games though.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Texans and Seahawks for me.

Hawks a very sneaky bet to go far. Come in very under the radar.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clowney to snap Luck in on the first drive