Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makings of something filthy.

I need to get 7 WL wins to get the final token and 83x25

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ramos finished. The losses of Chalobah, Daka and Tammy are felt by the club. In truth, the former two only ever came out in Icon Swaps/squad battles. Daka still felt good and could be bought again, but Chalobah was, with the arrival of Tonali and the 88 Nunes, out of a job. Even the American objective CM probably has more use at this point.

About 160k remains in the club. Just shy of the Mbappe mark. Apparently we get player picks tonight, so I'll wait until then to see if I can add any fodder before completing the WL run later.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PIM Cole and Socrates SBCs out. Probably less than 500k for the former, though seems like you'll need 1m+ for The Doctor.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Needed 7 wins for the token so took my Serie A side into WL for some GG. Up to 7-5 tempted to play a couple more later on.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red 84 Pellegrini and 85 Bartra. 86 Clauss, 81 and 77 from the TOTW pack. Not the worst.

Will get to the 83x25 when I can use my dupes in the upgrades tomorrow.

Then I think its full send into Mbappe

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some great additions to my Eredivisie team in Madueke and Alvarez

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Madueke is almost free for even the most casual player. With him being English too, no brainer.
    @Danny do it!

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already 8 segments in. Just need to get the fodder for 2 x 88's and 1 x 89.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    81+ picks coming tomorrow now apparently so that might help you.

Was going to plough on in WL but I've only gone and got COVID ffs. Going to be a late one.

My next target after Perisic and Mbappe come in, would likely be that Socrates. He looks a right midfield powerhouse. Though really the glaring weakness in the team is now the 2nd CB. Kind of regret not doing Desailly. Only problem with it is I'm now kind of locked into a Ligue 1 CB, unless it were an Icon.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you going to try his loan? He looks good but I feel like he has always been a bit meh.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will indeed. I think I tried his mid, in either '19 or '21. It was good, though a little clunky, but you cant have everything.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He 100% doesnt fit for me. I think he would be too clunky for CAM but not good enough defensively to be my B2B.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grabbed Di Natale for chem purposes for the run and find myself 10-3. The team is physically a lot stronger now so I can fight for games. I did however have 3 people match me on the run at 10-2, with bronze teams, only to quit immediately. Would likely not play too far beyond 11 this week. I feel like crap.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, it really hitting you in a bad way?

People doing that quitting shit are annoying. Just give the game. It doesn’t impact them at all

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay that was the most fun WL I've had thus far. The defensive improvements felt massive. Ramos really does take ball or man. Cafu also much better at nicking the ball away.

The midfield pairing of Calgliuri and Tonali was rock solid. They can do everything and will hopefully get some upgrades too. Di Natale was good fun, but he and Lautaro struggled to score this weekend. It was Mkhi or Neymar off the wing that seemed to get it done. Ended up finishing 15-5. I lost two games in extra time in the run in.

Reds were poor. Not even an 84 to select in all 3 picks. I was really hoping for a Coman or Ben Yedder so I had the excuse to give them a shot in the team, or Robbo for obvious reasons. I got a couple of 87 walkouts from the packs but I did manage to get Coman in the TOTW pack. Crazy that he's only 40k!

That's likely enough now to finish off Mbappe with coins and probably Perisic too. I'll wait to see what the player picks bring and if we get any other SBCs before I do them later in the week though.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s insane how obsolete TOTW is now

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd certainly be nice to see them put in a TOTW pack/pick but also when there's a promo on, a pack/pick with a card from there in it.

Once Mbappe and Perisic come into the team I'm thinking of running this:

The versatility of the two wide players there opens up pretty much every formation for me and it has everyone on 10 chem. I do love working Serie A into a squad if I can. So many good value players. The only downside to this set up is to keep Tonali and Caligiuri on 10 chem, I need to line them up like above and that means keeping an Italian Icon, Italian Serie A or AC Milan player in the ST position.

I'd love to try Del P out, but they really do him dirty on his cards.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PIM Baggio

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vieri obv

Depending on how you want to use them, Barella could be an option.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Kante from my first upgrade so did the remaining 89. Cost me about 200k to finish.

Opened my 83x25 to Kroos as my main card

Alvarez was sat behind him but not a whole lot else.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd give you my Prime Vieri free of charge if you like GF.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know I'd give him a go. I feel like you have to play him in one play off run. I did it with Gattuso!

Malen looks alright and decent value. Less than ideal workrates, WF and body type probably lead to the price but may be worth getting him done. 81+ will help but they're 1 of 2 not 3 which is a bit meh.

Still I cycled my crap through and gave me enough to finish Perisic without spending. I also got a Haaland and Donnarumma after along with TOTW Claus. I'd ideally like to keep as many coins as possible, but the temptation to just smash Mbappe into the club is strong.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That last sentence hit me in the feels.

I am 2x 88's away and thinking about just sending it and getting very aggressive with the cut list

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm trying to tell myself there's still 20 days left, but my patience is wearing thin.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its over.

I ended up spending 450k because I am impatient but I am done.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could have got Ashley Cole in for that.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could but he is a bit useless to me, well covered at LB.

FB Nuno Mendes
    91 Bobby Carlos
    WW Delaine
    87 Guerreiro
    87 Shaw
    86 Davies

I now have to decide how to use Mbappe. I am thinking a midfield/attacking line up of:

Beckham --- Kante
    Ginola ---Bernado----Mbappe
    ---------Ronaldo

Moving Ginola to the right thanks to 5* and also thinking of buying PIM Beckham as he looks unreal and got a WF upgrade. Ideally, I need a RM who can move into CM and its him or PIM Schweinsteiger but its 840k vs 1.1m for very comparable players. If I could get Caliguri on chem that would work perfectly but it's a no go.

We might be getting close to the end of Ronaldo.

https://www.futbin.com/22/compare/24642/24634

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you've Kante there already, I'd lean towards Beckham. It gives you a more progressive guy from the centre. The biggest problem with Kante is that he often gets the most time with the ball, but cant pass it. Shuffling it over to Beckham and letting him hold the fort down seems like the move. You'll lose something defensively, but as mentioned you already have help for him there.

Also he pretty much has perfect set pieces. Imagine yourself banging a free kick top corner with Beckham.

I'd also say Mbappe should probably be going up top and it is indeed time to bench Ronny.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that with Kante a lot. Passing is such a letdown. I use gold KDB for that role next to him right now.

The problem with Beckham is his run up takes two weeks. As soon as you start to line it up people run back onto the line. I find myself looking to fake people out with the shot and the short pass instead. His passing and corners are lovely though, if only I knew how to cheese them like a lot of people do.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know you'll lose tax but maybe worth picking him up to try him?

Hopped on Rivals tonight and went from the start of Div 2 all the way up to the first milestone in Div 1 with successive wins. I thought I'd bogged down at the promotion game and was 4-0 down. Thought about quitting but I'd noticed he struggled with when I pressed, so I went 4-4-2 constant pressure. 5-4 up by the 85th minute. I was through on goal for a 6th but he hacked me down and quit.

Perisic was lovely. Introduced himself in the best way possible too.

Very versatile and also has great defensive stats for a forward. He's a right pain to press people with.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was nasty

I need to hit my rivals games tomorrow. Finished two away from D1 last week so hopefully get around mid like you have.

I did trade in my shit reds today and got 90 Benz. Decent FODA.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I know you'll lose tax but maybe worth picking him up to try him?
    I probably will run his mid there until I can clear my 50 Sterlings, 20 Lautaros, Gold Mboopi and TOTY Donna (who I forgot I had hanging out in the club )

I have so much 82/83 fodder. I really need a grindable SBC to use them all in.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here. They've had a tendency to stick a random 82/83 SBC onto every player they're bringing out lately so you could shove them in there? Malen the latest example.

Did you use TOTY Donnarumma? I got his 89 in a PP yesterday so thought screw it and put him in for my Rivals run. I can't say I noticed a massive difference between him and my 86 Lafont. He didnt flap any into the net yet though.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I did the first part of Malen instantly for that reason. Same with Peresic. I will likely finish Malen but maybe not the latter. Todays Osimhen will be another fodder user. 82 rated squad with TOTW for an 87. I have some seriously shit ones to use in there.

I used him until I packed Mendes. At that point Varane lost just enough links for me to have to drop him for POTM De Gea and I didnt notice enough of a drop off to worry about it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Osihmen really wants to go into that Mbappe SBC.

I had another crack at Rivals today and FINALLY got into Elite division. So tough when you get into that win one, lose one, rut. I got to one game away and twice pulled off a 90+ min equaliser to keep me there, before a nice 4-0 RQ got me over the line.

Something feels off with Lautaro. He felt much better off the bench previously, but maybe that's a case of the rest of the team jumping to catch him up. I was also daft about the Italian Icon thing. I could actually use any central Icon if I moved Tonali to start at striker.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice! Not sure I will be able to push myself to play enough games for elite this week.

Any idea on which icon you want to go for then?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if I finish this last Mbappe squad for free I'm only on 250k or so. It'll be a bit before I could afford one. If I'm honest, by the time I get to the likes of Crespo or Larrson and such, we'll be a TOTS anyway.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Party Bag today but with OTW cards in there, maybe best to not.

More importantly though the MLS kits have refreshed today to resemble the real life versions. Worth checking the club as some are very popular. Portland Timbers away kit looks lovely as does the Atlanta away.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did one to use the dupes and got Leeds Rodrigo. Their next three are Soton, Watford and Palace. A chance of a win there, he playes regularly and scored twice in their last two.

So they will prob lose 5 on the bounce and he will get injured

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did one of the packs and got Vertonghen. Meh but kinda cool for the Liga Not team

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got him in a PP. Looks like he could be great with a potential +3. Sheriff has leaked pretty much the last FF player SBC will be Medina from Ligue 1. He's a CB from the same club as Clauss and Fofana so there's a link triangle there. Looks to be one of those high pace but low physical type trade off CBs.

He's also said the next showdown will come over Juve v Inter. Says that the players are McKennie v Brozovic.

Depending on how they line up their stats, both of those SBCs appeal to me. Brozovic would be a perfect link to Perisic and would allow me to drop out Martinez if he persists in feeling crap. It'd also let me change formation up a bit if needed as well. The only downside is it would need me to drop Tonali or Caligliuri. I can't play with 3 CM types as it's a bit too unflexible for me. Hopefully in that case, Brozovic comes with something around 86 pace. The rest of his card with natural upgrades should be great anyway.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished my 8 right in mid D1. No way I was pushing on for the rest this week.

Did some PP's and got another Alvarez. I have him and a Jose Sa sitting there. Not sure what to do with them. If I sell I will have 4 recoveries by the time they need to be saved. Thinking I will delay for 3/4 more days and hope we can sneak in a quick update or two this weekend before throwing into SBC's.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rewards opened. Fat Boy Shaw as a red is nice FODA and I got a Sterling as well as a few 85/4's. Recycling them though got me the money. A Kane, Ter Stegen, Marquinhos, Parejo amongst others have allowed me to finally submit the last squad for Mbappe. I believe my total spend for him was the cost of one 89 squad.

I'll be doing some play offs today with him.

Where to go next with it is the question. I haven't yet touched that Malen card. He looks to be a great bench option and if he does get 2/3 boosts he should be a great card, but will I ever really use him? My new setup drops Neymar and Griezmann to the bench and the squad page looks like so now:

Toggle Spoiler

I had a chuckle the other week of all of the great teams people build still having gold Kimpembe, well I'm part of the problem now. He's probably who should upgrade next.
    Looking at next steps though and I wonder where it goes. Unfortunately they've been really stingy on the Icon SBCs for actual players this year. If I don't want Malen or to sell a kidney to do the 92+ moments pack, the the only two options for fodder to go into are those two released PIM SBCs.

Cole makes little sense from here. Mendes is very comparable to him and slightly edges him on pace and physicals. Socrates as mentioned before holds some interest for me, but that is another 1m to put in for him. I'd also likely just be doing him because he's there.

Sheriff did reckon we've a showdown SBC and a Ligue 1 FF CB still to come so I guess holding off is the move, but they don't usually release stuff on a Thursday if I remember right.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 90-rated Marquinhos is only about 500k. He'd be a solid upgrade on Gimpembe. Or the TOTS is 1.something million.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    87 Kimpembe at under 700k is another option. At least looking at those they are tradeable and you can just shift them on if something else comes up.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play offs run done. Mbappe is just silly. 17 goals and an assist in his 10 games.

My favourite was ruining Prime Maldini(and the rest of his team) with this:

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took me a game or two to get used to him but once I did he felt great. I dont think I got that return from him though! I am using him on the left with Ronaldo up top right now still.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd definitely get Mbappe up top. He just moves differently. The thing that surprised me was just how fast and especially strong he was.

Apparently the next promo is themed around giving the Hero cards decent upgrades and some position changes too.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a tough one. Ronaldo is still a machine for me and while he is feeling good I am not too keen to drop him.

Mbappe has 8 G and 8 A in 12 so certainly no harm so far and that included some GG games when I was trying to get this shit moving.
    Last edited by Danny; 31-03-2022 at 04:28 PM.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All IFs closing in on 30k.

Just sold a 76 for 27k.