User Tag List

Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 2417

Thread: Football Manager 23

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of them requires him to agree terms with them, while in the other one he keeps getting paid the same money so, while quite weird, it makes some sort of sense.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wanted to leave us to play in a better division though.

Little shit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With our maiden season in League Two about to start, we had to significantly bolster our squad to have even a small chance of staying up. The goal was to avoid repeating last season's shenanigans where we only had about 16 players worth their salt. The first step to achieving that was to retain pretty much every player at our disposal so that we can have some reasonable depth. With money being extremely tight, the second step was to rely on our newly established link with Birmingham to get some free youngsters on loan. And the third step was to use whatever leftover money to increase the quality in our first XI. Thankfully we did very well in all three steps. When the transfer window was over, we had 8 players joining the club, all of which will eventually go on to be first-teamers. Three of them were loanees from Birmingham. A further 2 players joined us in January, in Tavares and another loanee. All in all, I was happy with our dealings and felt quietly confident about the upcoming season. Was this optimism justified?

Well that was unexpected. We started the season playing rather good football, but only mustering 3 points in 6 games so I feared for the worst. But we got over our issues and soon went on a great run that saw us rise through the league quite rapidly. We went from 23rd to 3rd in less than 3 months and kept steady after that, only once dropping out of the automatic promotions for the remainder of the season. In fact, we had a quite comfortable 9-point lead over Mansfield at 4th with 5 games to go, but we proceeded to lose 3 of those to make things way tighter than they should have been. Still, we persisted and were rewarded for it. This league form was also replicated in the various cups, with us beating Cambridge (3-0 away) and Ipswich (2-2 at home, 10-9 on penalties), before bowing out to Luton (3-5 at home) in the League Cup, beating Rotherham (2-1 at home) before bizarrely losing to Eastleigh (2-3 away) in the FA Cup and gathering 5 points in our FA Trophy group but going out courtesy of 2 penalty loses. All in all, a fantastic season. Also let's all collectively laugh at Tranmere who spent more than half the season comfortably in second place before going through a 9-game spell that only saw them earning 2 points. They still made the playoffs where they won their first leg 2-0 against Rochdale before going on to lose 5-0 in the return leg. I would be fuming if that was my team.

Well the first thing to be said is that all 10 of our signings ended up in the first team, with just Cashman retaining his place. Our key signing was undoubtedly Sharman-Lowe who was a beast between the posts, but Ferdinand, Randall and Tavares were also quite amazing, with the latter joining in January and just bringing us to the next level. It has to be said that Seager did perform way above his level (Leading Vanarama North/South according to our coaches), scoring 20 goals in all competitions, but he was too inconsistent, which is why we signed Tavares. The two full-backs were mediocre at best, but it goes on to show how underwhelming our options in those positions were.

With League One football next season, another big transfer window awaits. We will have a lot more money this time around (50k p/w for wages, up from 30k this season), albeit way too little for League One standards. I expect that our all the non-loanees in the picture above will retain their positions, so we'll primarily look to bolster the full-back and midfielder positions. On top of that, it's time to say goodbye to a lot of the players that have been at the club since our National League days, which means that we will also have to sign players to add some squad depth. If I was to guess, I expect us to sign more than 10 players.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 19-11-2023 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rendon is my second choice striker and he came to me asking if he could start more games. I tried to calm him down whilst saying no but he wasn't having it so I said ok.

Here is what he did in his first start after that conversation:

Think he's earned a few more starts.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracking result that, Adra.

Really high points total for the top 4.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Cracking result that, Adra.

Really high points total for the top 4.
    Yeah, Mansfield would have won the league in the previous two seasons with their 89 points. Pretty mental.

Also, it's quite obvious that if you were playing Rendon, you would be in Bundesliga already. Silly you.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second season inexplicably didn't fall off a cliff but ended up getting even better

Somehow went the whole season unbeaten at the CBS and with that amount of goals scored and conceded you can't argue with value for money on the season ticket. Stoke did end up having the worst season in history with one of my worst results being a late equaliser to prevent them getting their first win of the season, although they did win two of their last four against teams already picking out sunglasses and something from the Richard and Judy book club.

Transfers wise I kept faith with a lot of the players who got us up in the first season while adding the following as generally regular starters: Scherpen (free), Kumbulla (free), Brekalo (£3m), Vrancx (£4m) and the fancy sounding Jakob Napoleon Romsaas for £2.7m who is already worth 15 times that and was swiftly tied down to a new contract.

Where I particularly didn't muck about was that prolific attack.

Championship 23/24:

Premier League 24/25:

What a bunch of lads

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insane.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always knew that Haaland was just a poor man's Haji Wright.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In real life Wright's been a bit of a donkey so far this season as well with people hoping someone offers us what we paid for him so I'm sticking to my fantasy world for the foreseeable.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    In real life Wright's been a bit of a donkey so far this season as well with people hoping someone offers us what we paid for him so I'm sticking to my fantasy world for the foreseeable.
    Looks like Mark Robins has a lot of explaining to do. The potential is quite clearly there.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno, he managed to go a full season in Eredivisie without finding the net, which is a hell of an achievement.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll be alright I reckon, it's just that we're not used to spending proper money on players so if they're not immediately perfect there's trouble. Gyokeres took a while to get started and now chances are his sell-on fee is going to fund our summer next year.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gyokeres is a don on FM tbf, quite OP with his stats. Just got him at Fiorentina and he has 4 in 3.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fan-flipping-tastic

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The previews are always horseshit.

I've had good players in 0.5 star previews and a 5* preview turn to complete wank.

At low level clubs there's also more variation due to your staff being crap at judging ability and potential.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What formation are people using right now? 5 at the back seems to be successful, but being a luddite, I'm all about 4 at the back... I've suddenly fallen off a cliff.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any formation with 3 strikers seems pretty good.

I started a lower league save last week due to getting jealous of folk on here as well. Truro City, got back to back to promotions but barely stayed up in League 2 in the 3rd season. 4th season hadn’t started much better up until December. Thankfully January isn’t too far away and have got Middlesbrough as an affiliate so hoping their loans will help a late promotion charge.
    Last edited by Waffdon; 21-11-2023 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1860 Munich 2027/28 Season Update:

Transfers Out:

Nothing big out this year.

Transfers In:

Someone I've wanted since he was 16 or so, he's not amazing but he's a tidy little freebie with good potential.

A hefty fee (most in instalments) but he's done really well when he's played.

Another expensive transfer, he hasn't played as much this year but I like his versatility and I do think he'll be big for us next year.

I keep buying keepers (and i have another one coming in next season already) because my scouts keep finding them. He got some games in because my first choice keeper, who was great last year, had a shocking dip in form.

I'm also collecting LB's it seems.

League:

We keep playing really well (and we're always below our xPTS) but we go on really weird spells of form which see our attack go limp and our defence forget how to play football. If we could find a bit of consistency we would piss the league.

DFB Pokal:

We have our first win in the competition \0/.

Squad:

I really like this squad and we've got some cracking players (as you can see there are a lot fewer loanees) but we really need to improve our defence. With Ben Carroll being the only one I feel we can rely on. Also, big props to Rendon who told me he wanted to start games and he's been amazing since that talk.

As you can see there is a player who has a transfer arranged, here he is:

I didn't want to sell him but he was constantly moaning about moving and was exploring his options at the end of his contract. He's also a bit inconsistent for us and loves a card so I thought fuck him.

Managed to get £7.5m out of Dortmund (with a further £3m after 50 games) plus a 50% next sale clause. So I'm hoping he kicks on massively at Dortmund.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Half way through the season and things are going well.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Any formation with 3 strikers seems pretty good.

I started a lower league save last week due to getting jealous of folk on here as well. Truro City, got back to back to promotions but barely stayed up in League 2 in the 3rd season. 4th season hadn’t started much better up until December. Thankfully January isn’t too far away and have got Middlesbrough as an affiliate so hoping their loans will help a late promotion charge.
    Got these two dons from Middlesbrough:
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might be aware already, but have a look at someone called Squirrel Plays on YouTube. He uses Python coding (?) to analyse player attributes and it's the kind of thing which really intrigues me.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s he discovered?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    You might be aware already, but have a look at someone called Squirrel Plays on YouTube. He uses Python coding (?) to analyse player attributes and it's the kind of thing which really intrigues me.
    I've been doing the same thing for years. Just with Excel, not Python. It's really good fun at first using ratings to unearth some gems but I find myself getting a bit bored with it, so I have breaks from it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    What’s he discovered?
    It's more about attribute weighting based on his and others' perceptions of what's most important for each position.

Ben, I use to have a notebook where I added up the key attributes. It wasn't weighted or anything though from what I remember.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who you all cheering on?

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    It's more about attribute weighting based on his and others' perceptions of what's most important for each position.

Ben, I use to have a notebook where I added up the key attributes. It wasn't weighted or anything though from what I remember.
    Mine’s got weightings but obviously they’re all subjective so you’re forever tweaking it chasing perfection and lose perspective of the game a bit eventually.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's always been a favorite of theirs, but in this version there seems to be a ridiculous amount of back-to-back goals, either straight from kick-off, or like within the next minute. 6 times so far this season and I'm only in November.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 24-11-2023 at 10:35 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kane scored again. He may actually beat Lewandowski's 41 in a season.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After shocking everyone (including ourselves) by gaining back to back promotions to League One, our work was cut out for us. We went into the new season with a squad that consisted of National League standard players with only a few exceptions and no significant amount of money to work with. Our wage budget was, as expected, the lowest in the league, with the second and third lowest having 25% and 50% more to spend on wages respectively. That meant that we had to do our usual wheeling and dealing, while squeezing every morsel of performance out of the players in our disposal. I must admit I went overboard, signing no fewer than 17 players, with some of them barely featuring in the end, including a couple that left in the very next transfer window. Given the level of players we were able to attract, I don't think there's any point in providing screenshots, but some name-dropping could do I guess. Our signings included Leicester academy products Tom Wilson-Brown and Ollie Norburn (sort of), ex-Leeds and West Brom star Alex Mowatt and Tottenham academy product Matthew Craig. In the end we gathered an ok squad, but one that I wouldn't be happy with in League Two, let alone League One. Sadly our reputation and wage budget prevented us from signing any proper players, but that's the cards we were dealt with and we had to make do.

The first few games proved my fears as we were heavily outplayed and the only point we managed to get in the first three games was down to chance. Something clicked however and we started picking up results, while often being outplayed, eventually going on an impressive 12-game unbeaten run, picking up 26 points in the process. That run practically ensured that we would avoid relegation, but on top of that it actually brought us into the playoff spots. Once this run was over our results were a bit more hit and miss, but we did just enough to unexpectedly retain a place in the playoffs. It has to be said though, that we stole a lot wins out of nowhere, with the xPoints table (I know, I know) indicating that we should have finished the season at 14th instead of 5th. I don't think I've ever had that before, but there we go. Once in the playoffs I knew we didn't really stand a chance as all three teams outplayed us during the season, but we eventually held up our own against Wrexham, even if we ended up losing 5-3 on aggregate. Nevertheless, a massive performance, coupled with solid, if unimpressive runs in the various cups.

The average ratings across the squad tell the full story really. We weren't that good, we just developed a knack of securing undeserved wins. One would look at Tavares for our star player, but as you can see from his average rating, he was extremely inconsistent, even if he still managed to bag 29 goals, finishing second in the league. The real star of the squad is undoubtedly Seb Ferdinand, who was consistently good, saving our asses on many an occasion. Our signing of the season was undoubtedly Wilson-Brown contributing to an incredible amount of goals for a defender, even if primarily (but not exclusively) from set-pieces. Sharman-Lowe was also a beast once again, albeit he has proven to be a bit injury-prone as he missed 13 games through multiple injuries. He's also kicked up a fuss about wanting to leave, so I won't be surprised if we end up replacing him soon.

With all that said, another season in League One awaits. The bad news is that the board doesn't seem to believe in us, not increasing our wage budget at all and only giving us 150k to spend on transfers. Given that we've had more than 500k in the bank throughout the season, that's a bit disappointing. It also means we'll be in this league for a while really, but that was to be expected. Oh well, upwards and onwards.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 25-11-2023 at 06:18 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just put 5 past a title rival.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1860 Munich 2028/29 Season Update:

Transfers Out:

Sucks to lose Uzelac as I think he could be mega but he was inconsistent for us so getting £7.5m plus 50% of next sale (and a friendly) isn't too bad. Hamdi was produced by us and I'm not overly keen on him so was fine cashing in. Hasa has been a hugely important member of the team since signing on loan (and then a free) but he was starting to fall out of favour and he was desperate to go. We are also owed 30% of any profit.

I paid £5k for Oier and I really liked him although he never played for the first team. £7.5m was huge for him though. Jan was my 3rd/4th or 5th choice keeper and he wanted to go, I paid £10.25k for him so big profit plus 50% of next sale. Vazquez is someone I expected big things from when I paid £3m for him but he just never felt good enough and he was always moaning, I tried to get rid of him a few times before but this season he went. Kurt played a lot for us in the 3rd league and our first season of the second but he was now 3rd or 4th choice and his contract was expiring. Azizi is a 17 year old Iranian who was produced by us, his contract was expiring and he chose Hoffenheim over us and that was the compensation.

Transfers In:

Another keeper in, not sure why. I'm sure the scout reports were better on him, looks like a waste.

We owe Fulham another £10m if we win the DFB Pokal in the next 3 years, so hopefully we never win it (I will throw the final if we get there). He's got some holes in his game but I like him, played quite a bit near the end of the season and did well.

Noel is someone I've been chasing for a couple of years, I think he could be mustard and I was finally able to land him. Think he could be tidy.

My LB collection grows. The unambitious nature means he'll probably never supplant my other LB's but I think he'll make us a nice sum of profit in a year or two.

We don't really have CB's (or RB's at the club) who aren't on loan so I wanted this lad. Big, can jump but has a decent amount of pace about him.

This lad is my favourite of the bunch. I want to train him as CM to get him really involved. He is training exceptionally well (seems to only put in 9s or higher) and has done fairly well when I've played him.

League:

We're finally going up to the Bundesliga! We were ruthless this year and set records for most points in a season, most goals and fewest losses. Despite having the most goals in a league season we didn't have a crazy top scorer. Our best was 12 (shard between the two strikers I rotate) because the goals were spread around the team. Had the title sewn up with 4 games to go and the youth got some nice minutes.

DFB Pokal:

Genuinely got a bit worried that we might end up winning and paying Fulham the £10m. Thankfully my reserves slipped up in the Quarter final.

Squad:

Relied on a lot of loans again but we do own some cracking players, both at the club and out on loan. I think we should be able to escape relegation from the Bundesliga but the board are being tight with budgets next year.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regularly having players reject us in favor of League Two clubs and lower wages is a bit disheartening.

We did sign Ben Wilson to keep up with our Coventry traditions at least.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In-game Barca don't seem to have got the message about not giving out bonkers contracts any more.

Was considering seeing if I could prise Balde away from him as he looks like the best left-back in my game, but he's on £550k a week

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Idk if there’s a glitch or if loads of teams are just minted as the seasons go on as I’ve seen the Williams brothers are Bilbao be on nearly a million a week combined.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    In-game Barca don't seem to have got the message about not giving out bonkers contracts any more.

Was considering seeing if I could prise Balde away from him as he looks like the best left-back in my game, but he's on £550k a week

I'm only in 2027. I don't even know who Ali Al Musrati is and he's on £525k a week.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought it was maybe a late newgen at first but him and Braganca both play in Portugal. Unreal.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patch is live lads.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm staying away from it... Finally got a tactic working 😁

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a patch I'd call "major" if we're honest.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For them it is, there's not much spare work time left after the daily wank Miles off under his desk meetings.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Patch is live lads.
    Spanish clubs will now take more consideration of their current their salary cap during player contract negotiations
    Lol.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the league for me

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1860 Munich 2029/30 Season Update:

Transfers Out:

The only big out was Tafazolli:

I didn't want him to leave but he was moaning and his contract was expiring at the end of the season. We also get 20% of any profit.

Transfers In:

Didn't know how to play RB when he came here but I've been training him. Played quite a lot of minutes as our first choice RB was our best AMR for most of the season.

Not too hot on this guy but he was cheap as fuck, he will go out on loan a lot and will be sold for profit I imagine.

Same as above really.

We were approaching our first Bundesliga game and we only had 1 starting CB. I had this guy on loan last year and panicked to bring him in, most of it is on instalments obviously.

Cheap and I really like this guy. Couldn't sort out a loan for him this year sadly but I will be pushing hard next year.

No loans this year because every team wanted me to pay 100% of wages and a shit tonne in fees for anyone.

Bundesliga:

We wobbled a bit near the end but we were fantastic. Quickly became apparent that we were in no danger of getting relegated, squad is thin though and we did get lucky with injuries.

Here is the xG table:

Clearly we weren't lucky either, so this shows the first 11 are top quality.

DFB Pokal:

Meh.

Squad:

Not a huge amount of quality outside of the first 11 right now but the first 11 is top quality. I am so thankful that I accidentally loaned in D'Amore until the end of this season last year as he was massive for us. It's going to suck losing him as he was so deadly at corners (he's 6 foot 5 with 19 jumping) but he drove up the pitch so well as a Mezzala.

Originally loaned out Rendon but called him back in January as our two main strikers (Scrivener and Zabec) were missing a lot of chances and he did really well.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they’ve not patched the injuries. I’ve just had back to back games where my keeper has went off injured and I had to put an outfield player in net. Now stuck with a 16 year old for a few weeks. Noice

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had my first choice keeper out for the last 2 and a bit months.

Had to rely on this lad:

It wasn't pretty at times. I'm not going to loan out both my decent backups next season.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone having trouble getting in set piece coaches?

I have a 3* piece of shit at the club who I'm trying to replace but the decent ones reject me to stay at their current club (I had one lad stay at Coventry rather than coming to us despite offering him 4x the wages Coventry offered) or I can only bring in coaches around the level of the 3* shitter.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the in-game editor, make sure to tick "show all staff' in the search screen. Lots of options.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my first youth intake. Not as bad as they said.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think these two might have the same Dad, just one Mum has bad skin.

EDIT:
    Phew
    Last edited by Mike; 01-12-2023 at 09:07 PM.