User Tag List

Page 120 of 581 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 6,000 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arse still sore from that spanking the other night, Waff?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the current wisdom to the time lag between confirmed cases and deaths?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellberg View Post
    Arse still sore from that spanking the other night, Waff?
    Do go on, Sir

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the government has done ok with this, nothing more, nothing less.

You can say it's unprecedented in our lifetimes, and it is, but we knew what was coming before we did anything tangible about it, at least a week before we did anything tangible about it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeldoow View Post
    What the current wisdom to the time lag between confirmed cases and deaths?
    About a month I'd say. A week to get sick(er), two weeks clinging to life and then chuck another week on that as who the fuck knows.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Part of my job is knowing that the world will let a certain amount of people die and a large proportion of people that don't matter die with zero fanfare.
    I struggle to sympathise with Boris
    Faced with the idea either thousands (millions?) of people suffer now or the idea that, if the economy goes completely bust, thousands or millions more will suffer later and for longer.... trying to find some kinda balance between those two things or else they combine and you get into Yevrah doomsday territory..

I'm not saying they're right, I'm not saying they're not all evil and corrupt at some level, but to say "well my job is to know people will die and no one will give a fuck so long as it benefits or doesn't harm the state" and then say you can't sympathize with the fuckin' Prime Minister of the UK like... I mean I guess, my man.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean some of you act like this is just a guy sitting in a room going "Yea idk mate just kinda forget it for now".

It's the Prime Minister of the UK, he's probably getting graphs, predictions, projections, figures...all the words for data you can think of.... from doctors, health experts, economists, etc. etc. all day long and then has to make a quick judgment based on those in the heat of the moment with absolutely zero historical data to go off of and pray that it all kinda works out.

They're not magicians, they're just people. Imagine seeing graphs and scenarios that say

HTML Code:
    "Sure, you can close the country, but the economy will implode on itself and we'll have 50%+ unemployment, which will deplete the available funds we have for pensions and social security payments or whatever, and then create an entire other whirlwind of bullshit we can't afford to pay for, do not currently have the appropriate infrastructure for, and will outright bankrupt and thrust 66 million people onto the frontlines of a mad max diaspora with nowhere to go ......."
    but then the next graph and scenario says

HTML Code:
    "Okay, so you beg everyone to not purposefully infect themselves, a few dozen thousand people will likely die because people won't just follow simple directions and it'll be very sad, but once that's all over, this will all go back to normal and we'll still be able to actually fund the government, the country, and not turn into a 3rd world apocalyptic nightmare by winter."
    And then the 100 scenarios in between.

And mind you, the man seems to have made the wrong decision, but by God when he made that decision he didn't go hole up in his office did he? He stood by it like a man.

Shook hands with folks he probably was heavily advised he shouldn't because he seemingly didn't want to appear like a coward who wasn't standing behind the decision he made and the risk he put the country in.

He bought into what he was preaching and now he's actually got the shit and is in the ICU because of that decision.

Disagree with the man's politics, wish for him to be banished from government, sure.. but this other stuff...Seems wrong man, it just seems wrong.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if I've misread that. Are you suggesting we should be applauding him for knowingly risking spreading the virus to more people when he absolutely didn't need to?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even close.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Boris would've been having meeting after meeting and shown model after model. Trying to make sense of a moving set of goalposts and then act accordingly must be a nightmare. Boris was very reluctant to shut up shop so, in that sense, we should've probably locked down a week or a few days sooner. The herd immunity thing was touted but never set in stone. Even if they wanted to implement it, you can't do it without the social distancing.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry I went on a rant but I can rant here without being judged by people who will remember my existence after they scroll half a page down lol

Just frustrated by humans at the moment.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    About a month I'd say. A week to get sick(er), two weeks clinging to life and then chuck another week on that as who the fuck knows.
    I think you're massively overestimating the time lag here, at least on average. Surely a lot of those people die much faster (heavy underlying health issues accelerating the impact of the virus) and also a lot of those people only get tested after the "week to get sick(er)". Looking at the Italy data it looks more like 10-15 days.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all know Boris just Homer Simpsoned his way through those meetings and simply did what Dom recommended at the end.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    I'm sorry I went on a rant but I can rant here without being judged by people who will remember my existence after they scroll half a page down lol

Just frustrated by humans at the moment.
    That's phonics for you.

None of us have the slightest clue what it must be like to try and make life or death decisions with endless amounts of experts giving conflicting opinions. It's an unimaginable position to be put in but, make no mistake, people will still find ways to complain and call decision-makers scum.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'The job I wanted to do is hard, it was supposed to be Brexit waaaaaaaaaaaaaah'

You lot are actually hardening my stance.

Bruh's reason that I should respect him is that he made the wrong decision and double downed on it. Absolutely mental. I never wished him death, I just said I don't have the energy to have sympathy for him.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rishi really is fantastic.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn’t he a billionaire? Has he been asked to stop taking a wage like the footballers?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'The job I wanted to do is hard, it was supposed to be Brexit waaaaaaaaaaaaaah'

You lot are actually hardening my stance.

Bruh's reason that I should respect him is that he made the wrong decision and double downed on it. Absolutely mental. I never wished him death, I just said I don't have the energy to have sympathy for him.
    My reasoning is more about you quantifying your criticism with a statement that could easily be applied to the person you're actively criticizing (and perhaps rightfully so, mind you) who didn't have the added wisdom of hindsight at the time he made those decisions but the weight of "knowing" otherwise.

Decisions, it could be said as a sidebar to that point, he stood by to the extent he is now in the ICU, and potentially yet may have to pay the ultimate price for his choice.

But again, it's the stubborn refusal to apply the logic of "part of (your) job is knowing that the world will let a certain amount of people die" as a basis of sympathy to a man who truly thought he was doing what was best for society during a non-partisan pandemic.

I'm not saying it matters to the grand scheme I just feel like the logical conclusion would be "I feel for anyone who has to make those decisions and live with the consequences because I know sometimes the facts of the matter are sometimes very difficult" rather than "haha well i didn't vote for him so, whatever happens happens, fam! Not feeling sorry for that guy".

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the Bloomberg journalist just ask whether we should leave the EU with everything that's going on

EDIT: Thankfully Sunak told him that we have left already.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From an ‘I don’t know him and have no connection to him’ way, and borne completely from a “what if?” mentality, I am completely not bothered if Boris carks it. I won’t go as far as wishing him dead, but ehhh it’ll be interesting if he does.

My personal opinion of him probably contributes to this beautiful dark twisted fantasy, mind, because I think he’s an atrocious person with terrible values and would love nothing more than for him to be outed as a nonce and shunned from every elite circle he’s part of.
    I'm a twit

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    This virus will finish off the newspaper industry for good. The big titles will hang on but the regionals will all die.
    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...staff-laid-off

You hate to see it.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    I'm not saying it matters to the grand scheme I just feel like the logical conclusion would be "I feel for anyone who has to make those decisions and live with the consequences because I know sometimes the facts of the matter are sometimes very difficult"
    Absolute simp shit. Leaders aren't good and largely don't care about you or your loved ones. Sorry.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shot like this always gets me. Should be shown to every single cunt going to a holiday home this weekend.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris definitely doesn't click on referral links, is my main take from the last couple of pages.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolute simp shit. Leaders aren't good and largely don't care about you or your loved ones. Sorry.
    But they have people they do care about. You've got a basketball.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dub.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolute simp shit.
    And yet you're the one who sees almost every subject in binary terms.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're forgetting the fact that he almost always wrong on everything as well.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    You're forgetting the fact that he almost always wrong on everything as well.
    This. People should remember this.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Headline of the year.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TUI have cancelled all holidays departing up to the day before ours, bet we get caught up in this rumoured 'credit instead of refunds' bullshit floating about.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a copper chucking people off the beach an hour or so ago. They were all just sitting there spaced well apart, and there he was going from pair to pair telling them to get back on the busy promenade with all the runners and moochers and dickhead cyclists who suddenly don't want to use the roads now that they're empty.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From my uncle who runs a company that looks after older people post surgery:

>We just letter from NHS because we look after some NHS patients and if your 65 to70 do t bother calling 999 since no ambulance will come !!we are suppose to nurse them at home but we dont have any protective equipment! So they will be left to die<

>I'm not sure what we will do but we cant really ask carers to go in apart from anything else we wouldn't be insured so I guess we will just keep dialling 999 ??<

>Have spent the last 4 days calling various nhs people , public health england social services etc and no one has any personal protective equipment .... despite what you hear from the government<

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a Top Gear Special I'd watch.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    From my uncle who runs a company that looks after older people post surgery:

>We just letter from NHS because we look after some NHS patients and if your 65 to70 do t bother calling 999 since no ambulance will come !!we are suppose to nurse them at home but we dont have any protective equipment! So they will be left to die<

>I'm not sure what we will do but we cant really ask carers to go in apart from anything else we wouldn't be insured so I guess we will just keep dialling 999 ??<

>Have spent the last 4 days calling various nhs people , public health england social services etc and no one has any personal protective equipment .... despite what you hear from the government<
    My mate who’s cousin’s ex girlfriends sisters husband said they’re burying people at the side of the road if they even cough.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I saw a copper chucking people off the beach an hour or so ago. They were all just sitting there spaced well apart, and there he was going from pair to pair telling them to get back on the busy promenade with all the runners and moochers and dickhead cyclists who suddenly don't want to use the roads now that they're empty.
    Trust me, they want to use the roads. The commute to work at the moment is like trying to lap hundreds of lower class cars at Le Mans.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    My mate who’s cousin’s ex girlfriends sisters husband said they’re burying people at the side of the road if they even cough.
    Yeah, literally 4th hand stuff here

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just read very Facebook, not doubting your sources though. It’s just when you’ve read 50 different things like this in the past week they lose all meaning.

Still though, . Because.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean he runs a health care company and it's directly from him so again, I'm not going to send you shite on facegram.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one has any PPE? He can't have asked many people.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they ask your age if you call 999?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to call my uncle a lying nonce and be done with it.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check the state of them horrible Premier League footballers doing nothing.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stay at Home. Defend the Footballers. Save Lives.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most important people after all.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t Kiko’s sources also say bojo was on a ventilator last night

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sooner we ban Kiko the better.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are they acting surprised lockdown isn't going to end already?

Ffs.