User Tag List

Page 78 of 581 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178578 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,900 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most pathetic lockdown in history. A lot of folk using up their one form of exercise already!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're still in, had an email at 7am that everyone is expected in as normal, but now discipline is starting to break down and I can't see it holding for a day. The MD has completely lost control.

They did indeed try to requisition a couple for the warehouse but, bravely, they refused (correctly contending that in the warehouse no 2m rule is being observed). MD shat himself and has retreated to his bunker. Meanwhile, other department heads are demanding sales be sent home.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see an argument for you guys staying open, to be honest. Agriculture needs to plod on and they can't have equipment fail on them.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    We're still in, had an email at 7am that everyone is expected in as normal, but now discipline is starting to break down and I can't see it holding for a day. The MD has completely lost control.

They did indeed try to requisition a couple for the warehouse but, bravely, they refused (correctly contending that in the warehouse no 2m rule is being observed). MD shat himself and has retreated to his bunker. Meanwhile, other department heads are demanding sales be sent home.
    I know you're well aware, but your company is a genuine disgrace. They need to go on 'the list' when this is all over.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Zealand is level 4 lockdown.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12319204

All non-essential businesses will be closed and everyone will have to stay at home except for solitary exercise and visiting essential services.

Supermarkets will stay open throughout the four-week lockdown and the supply chain will stay running.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 24-03-2020 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mate works for the government and still hasn't been sent to WFH even though he absolutely could in his role, which is pretty shambolic.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I can see an argument for you guys staying open, to be honest. Agriculture needs to plod on and they can't have equipment fail on them.
    The business can and perhaps should stay open, but at least half the staff including me should have been wfh a fortnight ago.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy you guys should just refuse to go in en masse.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The housing association I work for are trying to get us to go in for all work. Apparently its business as usual within our sector as long as we are 2m away from people.

Also got told as we are open as usual if we dont go into work we wont get paid and the goverment 80% wont cover businesses who are working as usual.

Unbelievable.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lockdown going well on the Tube, I see.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The housing association I work for are trying to get us to go in for all work. Apparently its business as usual within our sector as long as we are 2m away from people.

Also got told as we are open as usual if we dont go into work we wont get paid and the goverment 80% wont cover businesses who are working as usual.

Unbelievable.
    Also all our suppliers are shut.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is exposing just how backwards we are when it comes to having to be in an office. And that applies in normal times too.

There is literally nothing in my job I can’t do from home now that all the work I do with clinical people is rightly gone for the foreseeable. My boss is a good bloke and genuinely very bright (and, ironically, a virologist by background) but the notion of remote meetings just doesn’t work in his head. He doesn’t get it. ‘It’s not as good as face to face’. And there might be truth in that, but right now we have to get on with good enough.

He means well. When he tells me he wants to balance my need to attend with the level of risk he is telling the truth. It’s just that proper remote working has never been a thing in his head. It’s something he’s happy with if there’s a piece of work that needs doing which can be done just as well at home. He just can’t comprehend that we can interact differently.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Jimmy you guys should just refuse to go in en masse.
    We all need to keep our jobs unfortunately, but we have now agreed a solidarity principle.

To the ramparts.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all need to keep our jobs unfortunately, but we have now agreed a solidarity principle.

To the ramparts.
    Surely they aren't going to sack you all if you refuse...I'd imagine WFH suddenly becomes very viable the moment you all refuse.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There aren’t many things more bleak right now than looking at webcams of places you’ve visited. Christ.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, or places you were going to.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I’ve had to stop with the Cornwall ones.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Unbelievable.
    My gf's housing association have been replacing her kitchen. So far they've disconnected everything, removed all the cupboards, sideboards and floor, the plasterer game yesterday so that's done. Then today she got a call to say they aren't coming. They where meant to be putting counters and cupboards in, and connecting her cooker and washer back up.

Hopefully they can get someone to sort it, to at least a basic working kitchen level.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a webcam conference call thingy for work.

Firstly, Microsoft Teams is dogshit.

I spent most of it not saying anything so that my webcam wasn’t one of the four (out of twelve) that people see and spent the entire duration (44 mins) stroking the cat and refreshing the Morrison’s website to try and get a delivery slot.

They want to repeat the call every day but it’s not compulsory, so I’m just gonna politely decline unless there’s anything to actual discuss.

Also the stupid fat useless woman who does no work (and STOLE MY DESK) literally said “besides these meetings at 9:15 everyday, what do you want me to do? I have no work” and was told not to worry about it, and just stay in touch. She’s fucking having a laugh. She’s like four paygrades above me too, the cunt.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. I'm off for my government-approved daily mooch. I'll take my passport just in case I get stopped.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Right. I'm off for my government-approved daily mooch. I'll take my passport just in case I get stopped.
    I'd be curious to hear what's going on out there and if people are following it or taking the piss en masse still.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Also the stupid fat useless woman who does no work (and STOLE MY DESK) literally said “besides these meetings at 9:15 everyday, what do you want me to do? I have no work” and was told not to worry about it, and just stay in touch. She’s fucking having a laugh. She’s like four paygrades above me too, the cunt.
    Brilliant

At least my lot are pretending they have work to do.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I'm off on one too, going to combine it with a walk to a shop too.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ** LIVE **

I'm currently being kick out of a coffee shop due to a 1 week lockdown starting at 6pm today

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been having mine at lunch time. Yesterday I saw a few people, but most were being sensible. The only dickheads were a group of 4 kids sitting on a bench and 3 pensioners gathered on a street corner for a chat.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Just had a webcam conference call thingy for work.

Firstly, Microsoft Teams is dogshit.

I spent most of it not saying anything so that my webcam wasn’t one of the four (out of twelve) that people see and spent the entire duration (44 mins) stroking the cat and refreshing the Morrison’s website to try and get a delivery slot.

They want to repeat the call every day but it’s not compulsory, so I’m just gonna politely decline unless there’s anything to actual discuss.

Can you not just mute mic and turn off the camera? I'm in a meeting now and have done that.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can indeed.

Teams is fine. Good even.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM just said Australia has performed 140 000 tests.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have now been told that our lockdown will start at the end of play Friday. They are sending us an official document to show the police if we get stopped while out working.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    You can indeed.

Teams is fine. Good even.
    Agreed. Just took a 20 minute shit whilst in my team meeting.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my walk to Tesco from work and so far I’m on 9 OAPs was out and about

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Covid Premier Deaths per 1m Population League Table

Some big news today, with the UK recording the highest ever climb in the table, moving up an astonishing 8 places, sitting just outside automatic qualification to the Europa Covid League. Western European nations continue to dominate, with France and Netherlands both climbing 5 places. However, this is offset by Austria (-6), Germany (-8) and Norway (-10) also dropping.

At the summit, and the race for Champions Covid qualification, Italy and Spain all but guarantee their qualification, achieving more than quadruple and double the 3rd placed team deaths per 1m, respectively.

USA continue to defy the odds, with just 582 deaths recorder thus far - however, these numbers continue to be questioned, with China threatening to ask WHO to look into this, and possible even to get CAS to get involved.

At the bottom, Denmark were dumped into the Championship after reporting sluggish numbers, and Malaysia, who quite frankly were always punching above their weight, were finally relegated. The first South American nation were welcomed, with Samba-plagued boys from Brazil being joined by another European outfit, in Turkey.

My prediction for 2 days time is to see Brazil rapidly climb the table, baring some mischievous reporting, whilst the Top 10 should consolidate their positions.

BONUS COVID-19 CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE TABLE

For all you fans of dodgy and unreliable figures, take a look at The Championship league table, with such bastions of Human Rights records as Saudi Arabia, Indonesia and Qatar! Bottom Ireland also feature in the Championship, pushing valiantly for a play-off position with fellow no-mark countries such as Denmark, Slovenia and Greece.

Looking at the deaths/cases ratio, we (and Germany, wonder why) are absolutely donning this.

Our numbers might change soonish though, since we're about to massively expand testing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serj View Post
    Looking at the deaths/cases ratio, we (and Germany, wonder why) are absolutely donning this.

Our numbers might change soonish though, since we're about to massively expand testing.
    You (well at least Germany but I suppose it's similar in Austria) are presumably already far ahead in testing compared to most other countries.

How each country attributes deaths to COVID is also a point of contention, but I don't think we'll ever properly find out about that.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you determine who is in the premier league and the championship? @John Arne?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    How each country attributes deaths to COVID is also a point of contention, but I don't think we'll ever properly find out about that.
    I agree, I think the numbers barely mean anything because of exactly that.

I'm willing to look past that though in order to feel safe because of my Aryan superiority.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Germany are definitely fudging figures.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if they are, the rise they're showing is still exponential.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Germany are definitely fudging figures.
    They’re doing more community testing so picking up the less severe cases, and they’re not attributing deaths that were going to happen anyway to the virus, is what I’ve read.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They also have a bigger ICU capacity. The response has been better but they were still woefully slow to limit the spread. Too much of Europe wanted to remain open for too long.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    How do you determine who is in the premier league and the championship? @John Arne?
    Number of reported cases. I was going to just do number of death per 1m, but then the table is skewed shitty little places like Andorra, San Marino and Iceland. Number of positive cases at least provides a minimum size threshold, though not perfect.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm now expecting wfh to be implemented by the end of the day, but fuck me they're dragging their feet.

I'll remember this.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I'd be curious to hear what's going on out there and if people are following it or taking the piss en masse still.
    There are noticeably less people out and about, and they were queuing properly where I saw them.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to hear.

So my ex has it, or is as sure as one can be that they do. She's 30, otherwise really healthy (low BMI, gym 3 times a week etc) but over the last 24 hours she's developed an awful cough, temperature and aches all over.

Not sure how good she is at dealing with ill, but says she feels like she's been floored by it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My morning run along the canal was uneventful and fairly quiet. Bar one family of five or six, it was all pretty much single joggers, walkers and dog walkers.

In school, Key Stage 2 is down from 16 children yesterday to ten today, and the dinner lady is off with a high temperature.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody on my friend's Facebook feed has lost their ninety-nine and ninety-two year old grandparents to it, and they're booting off at selfish people for not following the guidelines. Not the family birthday party you threw one of them ten days ago then love?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm now expecting wfh to be implemented by the end of the day, but fuck me they're dragging their feet.

I'll remember this.
    Pretty much business as usual here, we might end up staying open for the duration. Quite why the building industry gets a pass is beyond me, you'd think people who were congregating on sites and in and out of people's homes would be the same as everyone else. Not so apparently.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today’s government press conference is being taken by Michael Gove, with journalists participating using Zoom.

I know Johnson will only be repeating things he has already said, but he is giving the impression of being bored already. Which he probably is, but so what?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What else can he say aside from, "STAY AT HOME. READ THE TEXT MESSAGE! TESTS SOON!"

Actually, that reads too much like a Trump tweet. Speaking of Donald, this is breaking him. He's stuffed a lot of responsibility on State and local government whilst he wants the country back open in weeks.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The birdsong sounds so loud. I think it's the lack of background traffic noise.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sat outside my apartment block ... A duck wonders up to me and starts quacking its head off, as if I owe him money or something. He then shuts the fuck up, looks at me, then trundles off. #Beef #DuckAttitude