User Tag List

Page 72 of 581 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172572 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,600 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were 20 000 people at Bondi Beach on saturday.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    There were 20 000 people at Bondi Beach on saturday.
    Christ.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Christ.
    People on Bondi Beach win the selfish and stupid award
    https://www.smh.com.au/national/peop...21-p54chx.html

And Sydney have it far worse. Move over Italy!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latex gloves doesn't really do much if you're still touching your face.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's obvious. A mask isnt going to do any good if you take it off and lick it either.

I have been asbestos licensed for a couple of years now so luckily know more than the basics around correct use of PPE. With a lack of hand sanitizer available I am using disposable gloves as much as possible and washing hands in between.

I have a load of wipes for cleaning down but I am not convinced how effective they are at cleaning hands.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queensland Teachers Union are walking out on strike on Wednesday leaving quite a few kids in limbo.

It is really excellerating now I cant even imagine what next week will look like atm.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 23-03-2020 at 09:40 AM.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...re-coronavirus

She looks well overweight so I imagine 'fit and healthy' is stretching it but one has to take their word for it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And she's a nurse. Exposure up the everywhere. Still, as a 35 year old with asthma, I'm still worried this will put me in hospital.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work were exercised enough this morning to try and prevent an HGV driver from using our loo (we have to let him by law), but not exercised enough to give a fuck about its own employees.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    And she's a nurse. Exposure up the everywhere. Still, as a 35 year old with asthma, I'm still worried this will put me in hospital.
    I had a chat with one of the respiratory consultants about this because the fiance has mild asthma and work were asking her if she should be coming in or not. He said the data is that mild asthma in an otherwise healthy young person puts you at no higher risk of serious illness with covid than baseline.

Idk how bad your asthma is or how old you are so that may or may not apply to you.
    Last edited by randomlegend; 23-03-2020 at 10:35 AM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's mild as fuck but I've worked hard at keeping it at bay. Basically, I only use my inhaler if I've emptied a hoover bag and got a lungful of dust. It's reassuring.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it high blood pressure and heart disease that are the massive risks? Or is that data from Italy skewed.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol new cases in Hong Kong and Shanghai.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are we all coping working from home?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fucking bored and unmotivated so same as working from the office really.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working one week in three's going to be odd.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    The yanks aren't going to do anything like we've done, economically, are they?

This is going to end them.
    The man who wrote The Art of the Deal cementing his name in history with a New Deal, written in the stars.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to calm down the masturbation having attempted to wank myself into immunity last week. Was posting up numbers I hadn't achieved since my teens, it was truly awe-inspiring. Work-wise I'm still massively struggling with motivation but as phonics says, no change there. I do have a couple of deadlines this week which mean I'll be forced to pull my finger out but once they're done I'm going into semi-retirement.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    European countries struggle to enforce social distancing
    Over the weekend we saw people in the UK flouting official advice, travelling to tourist hot spots and crowded markets. But nations across Europe have also struggled to enforce tight new restrictions.

On Monday, officials in Belgium said Brussels police had issued 288 penalty fines in just 24 hours - the highest number since confinement rules came into force in the country. Those punished included couples eating in parks, people drinking beer outside cafes and bar owners refusing to shut up shop.

Authorities in France have issued thousands of fines, and have deployed drones to enforce the strict lockdown rules. Some charities last week even alleged police had fined homeless people for not self-isolating, although this is unconfirmed.

In Germany, Chancellor Angela Merkel announced on Sunday a ban on all gatherings of more than two people who aren't family. It came just days after police in the state of Bavaria shut down a number of public "corona parties", organised by young people on social media. Premier Markus Söder called the gatherings "a real threat".
    Europeans can't cope with this for shit. No surprise given what we've all been aware of, but I do find it very interesting.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I'm trying to calm down the masturbation having attempted to wank myself into immunity last week. Was posting up numbers I hadn't achieved since my teens, it was truly awe-inspiring. Work-wise I'm still massively struggling with motivation but as phonics says, no change there. I do have a couple of deadlines this week which mean I'll be forced to pull my finger out but once they're done I'm going into semi-retirement.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really is bang-on. My knob would have shedded its skin whole like the anaconda it is if I hadn't had the foresight to get the lube involved by day 2.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52003076

Coronavirus: Tube drivers 'furious' at crowded carriages

Fuck that.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Genius move by Sadiq cutting capacity by 80% when people are still haivng to work.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just heard Theo Usherwood on LBC. Late 30s or early 40s and he ended up needing hospital treatment for days from Pneumonia presumably brought on by it (not sure he was tested, bizarrely).

He was struggling to get words out now yet the time that looked most serious for him was Wednesday/Thursday last week, when the drugs the hospital put him on weren't working.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just been in Tesco and while it generally wasn't as mad as I expected, there was one complete headbanger who pushed the net insanity of the place through the roof on his own. He was demanding to scan his own shopping, because he didn't want the staff touching it in case they had 'the clonevirus', but was also refusing to use the self service checkouts because there were people there who might also have it. His stated demand was that they clean down an unopen till and allow him to sit there and scan his own shopping. The staff were having none of it, and I along with a few others who'd stopped to watch laughed very loud and very long, but he hadn't given up by the time it got boring, and I could still hear him shouting as I exited the shop a little while later.

Still not a shred of toilet roll in the place, but luckily the panic buying shits still haven't thought to go to corner shops and the like yet so my local Asian man still has three shelves full.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Well that's obvious. A mask isnt going to do any good if you take it off and lick it either.

I have been asbestos licensed for a couple of years now so luckily know more than the basics around correct use of PPE. With a lack of hand sanitizer available I am using disposable gloves as much as possible and washing hands in between.

I have a load of wipes for cleaning down but I am not convinced how effective they are at cleaning hands.
    That's me told.

Nah - good to hear. So many people seem to think a glove gives you immunity. At least you know what you're doing.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been put on a rota as expected. We only had around 35 children in so they've been merged into two classes, meaning we have seven teaching staff plus a dozen or so support staff for two classes per day. We're only having to go in either once or twice a week. This could all change with illnesses and lockdowns, but I'm in every Wednesday and every third Friday.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No tesco delivery or click and collect (although it might be closed now) available at all around here.

The government should pay taxi drivers to act as an expanded delivery fleet for supermarkets.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I looked yesterday and I could only get a click and collect from Tesco if I was prepared to order it for 11th April. Don't know if I've got enough food to last until then and I wouldn't bank on it all being available by that point anyway.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    No tesco delivery or click and collect (although it might be closed now) available at all around here.

The government should pay taxi drivers to act as an expanded delivery fleet for supermarkets.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AbQN-a2d1s0

Big up MK

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judging by that tube photo... I take it nobody is wearing masks over there? Madness.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Judging by that tube photo... I take it nobody is wearing masks over there? Madness.
    We've been told they don't work. Which I don't believe, but that's why.

I can see the need to ensure medical staff have them, but if the NHS are sourcing them from the same place pound shops would then there's another problem.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is wearing masks in Europe full stop, their effectiveness is a complete myth. It's something Asians are obsessed with and have been since SARS.

If you spend time in close quarters with someone then a mask will make fuck all difference. It's a placebo.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is wearing masks in Europe full stop, their effectiveness is a complete myth. It's something Asians are obsessed with and have been since SARS.
    Rubbish.
    At their basic level they prevent people you are talking to / close to from spitting all over you, sneezing on you and coughing shite all over you. They may not be 100% effective, but they work.

Edit: from The Guardian
    Claim: ‘Face masks don’t work’
    Wearing a face mask is certainly not an iron-clad guarantee that you won’t get sick – viruses can also transmit through the eyes and tiny viral particles, known as aerosols, can penetrate masks. However, masks are effective at capturing droplets, which is a main transmission route of coronavirus, and some studies have estimated a roughly fivefold protection versus no barrier alone (although others have found lower levels of effectiveness).

Advertisement

If you are likely to be in close contact with someone infected, a mask cuts the chance of the disease being passed on. If you’re showing symptoms of coronavirus, or have been diagnosed, wearing a mask can also protect others. So masks are crucial for health and social care workers looking after patients and are also recommended for family members who need to care for someone who is ill – ideally both the patient and carer should have a mask.

However, masks will probably make little difference if you’re just walking around town or taking a bus so there is no need to bulk-buy a huge supply

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read something about the Czechs and Germans seizing shipments of medical supplies destined for Italy, I really hope that's true. The European Project donning it as ever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you spend time in close quarters with someone then a mask will make fuck all difference. It's a placebo.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Rubbish.
    At their basic level they prevent people you are talking to / close to from spitting all over you, sneezing on you and coughing shite all over you. They may not be 100% effective, but they work.

Edit: from The Guardian
    I believe this is the point. Wearing a mask won't really do anything to stop you from getting anything (hence no one bothers) but they are effective at reducing the chances of people getting something from you.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably more effective in Vietnam too, where people have shit manners and will happily cough all over you. At least most in the UK have basic hygiene manners.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s illegal to go outside without a mask in the Czech Republic. Maybe that’s why we stole the masks. Still haven’t had a single death yet, which makes stealing from the Italians all the more of a joke

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, we got one death today apparently

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One week in and I'm gaining weight. I might have to take up Don's robust wanking regime.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we get a table update?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    Can we get a table update?
    Sure. Give me 30 minutes.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I looked yesterday and I could only get a click and collect from Tesco if I was prepared to order it for 11th April. Don't know if I've got enough food to last until then and I wouldn't bank on it all being available by that point anyway.
    I am still getting a HelloFreah food delivery each week fine.

If you can cook and you're worried about food get on to HelloFresh or Gusto etc. Obviously not the same as a big Tesco shop but means you'll need the Tesco shop less often.

I can send a code for £20 off the first box if anyone interested.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asda petrol is £1.02 a litre. Wahey.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to my local Tesco express.

No pasta or toilet paper but they had eggs behind the counter limited to 6 eggs per person.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Milk is a rarity now.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be after some bread tomorrow which will probably resort to a Plan B of 'breakfast things'.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went into work today to cook some stuff off and freeze but that's me done for a while now. It's like a ghost town in Cornwall and my six month stint off the herbal might have to change.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's 16 pints of milk in the fridge at the office that go out of date in 4 days. I've taken 8 pints home and poured the rest down the drain.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First day working from home whist home schooling two primary school age kids, looking after a pre-schooler and a baby. lol

Kill the aged.