Results 2,301 to 2,350 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    What did you pay for yours?
    I bought at 150k, so even higher than 'how but expecting him to be a little higher once he gets upgraded. People love him

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWG788VD3zs&t=414s

I own 7 of the 22 needed from this. He normally solves well too. Only a few are part of my black friday purchases. Still standing at just under 1.8m to sell
    Last edited by Danny; 05-12-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    99% of my games today came across either a defence of three or five. Really difficult to play against and not enjoyable.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    99% of my games today came across either a defence of three or five. Really difficult to play against and not enjoyable.
    Nepenthez posted a draft earlier where he used 5-2-2-1 and nailed it, hopefully it's just a fad on the back of that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used a 5-2-2-1 in draft (single) and it was pretty nifty.

I got Bale and he was fucking ridiculous at RWB. I had him on get forward and he was involved in everything.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I'm a fan of 4-2-3-1, really struggling to get the outside CAM's to work going forward.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    How's Dani Alves Fox?
    A couple of items I was expecting to sell, didn't, which would have netted me another 200k to put the last few pieces in. Hoping to get them sold this morning and get on it. I'll also be buying Bale to try out too.

Not sure I'm a fan of 4-2-3-1, really struggling to get the outside CAM's to work going forward.
    I have struggled since the latest patch to find the right balance. Best thing I've found is to double up on the opposing full back. Most people are playing the narrow 4-1-2-1-2 or some variation of 4-3-2-1 leaving their RB/LB 1 on 1.

Pass the ball into your RAM/LAM and watch what they do with their full back. If they charge out to pressure you, lay it back to your full back with a LB + A pass. Your opponent then has a choice. Follow the ball out to continue pressure or turn and track the run back. If he does the latter, just carry the ball forward and move into the space created.
    If it's the former, zip on into your CAM and give it a first time through ball to your now unmarked winger. Assuming the pass is at least decent you're now in behind his defence. At worst you have moved some way up the pitch.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just played a couple of games with Alves.

If you have him set to stay back whilst attacking, he will do just that. I have Marcelo on the other side too and he does the exact same as Alves.

However on my 4-1-2-1-2 I removed it and set it to balanced attacking. This is when it became interesting. He behaves exactly as he would have during his Barca days. In your half he will creep forward a little, probably getting about level with your CDM. Once you get into the final 3rd he will(and Marcelo did) absolutely act as a winger. The compromising thing here is I noticed on this setting he was only jogging back after possession loss. I didn't manage to notice him every time, but he was definitely doing it a few times. You will absolutely need a CDM that will not go forward.

In summary:

Pros

- Fantastic going forward on the ball
    - Good forward movement off the ball
    - Long shots very good
    - Crossing very good
    - Fantastic aggressive tacking
    - Great recovery speed

Cons

- Height
    - Strength. He's not going to push anyone strong off the ball
    - Can be caught out of position if allowed to overlap
    - Stamina is okay, but not amazing

Overall

If you have the pieces to link to him already or can afford them, this is a no-brainer. If not you have a decision to make. He'll cost you 275k from scratch and you'll be lucky to make much back. Then there's linking him. You're looking at having to play either some form of Kimpembe or Mbappe. Both are easy to link out to, but it's more expense.

I'd give a score of 8.5/10. He's not quite perfect, but he's damn close. I'd recommend anyone thinking of doing it to get it done. The only caveat is if you prefer a defensive full back.
    However at 90 rated, he's +4 on the next available RB in game that isn't an Icon. Even then, that's Kimmich.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good review. I not doing him purely becuase of the low defensive work rate. It sounds like it does not matter too much, but I want to stick to my prem team. I regretted not doing Juan Fran and I may regret doing Dani Alves also.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought Messi Lingard UCL and will try him out at ST as I haven't got on with IF Arnautovic.

Strength is shit but I think it could work:

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/172...m=10&schem=100

Nice balance of stats with deadeye on him and the boost(s) will help if United can pull their finger out.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Bakayako could play savage. How is his gold card this year?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only used it for a couple of games, but very clunky and not a patch on last year's version.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just packed the new IF Chiellini

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, I'm gonna do Dani Alves tonight.

Anyone fancy helping me work out how to do it as cheaply as possible from this list of untradeables:

Isco 89
    Bonucci 86
    Fernandinho 86
    Pjanic 86
    Kompany 85
    Illaramendi 84
    Sokratis 84
    Gundogan 84
    Lacazette 84
    Bernardo Silva 84
    Javi Martinez 84

If there's not enough there to do it without it still costing a fortune, let me know as I might be prepared to offer up some special untradeable cards.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chiellini almost went instantly at 300k.

Probably should have kept him around until they changed his price range but I'd end up selling too late and I'd get like 220k.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone fancy helping me work out how to do it as cheaply as possible from this list of untradeables:

Isco 89
    Bonucci 86
    Fernandinho 86
    Pjanic 86
    Kompany 85
    Illaramendi 84
    Sokratis 84
    Gundogan 84
    Lacazette 84
    Bernardo Silva 84
    Javi Martinez 84

If there's not enough there to do it without it still costing a fortune, let me know as I might be prepared to offer up some special untradeable cards.

I can have a look when I get in, do you have any IFs or are you buying?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if it's because this is my first time playing the new patch or because I'm now in division 5, but I'm suddenly facing much better players/teams.

Lost 4 straight tonight and first time I've really encountered skill move/timed finesse abusers. More annoyingly, on defence it felt like I just couldn't lock onto players properly a lot of the time and they'd walk past me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubameyang's IF is currently going for the max price of 750K. I am assuming this will drop vastly over the coming days?

I regret not doing his POTM card so I am hoping to do this one. I was hoping for it be to priced no more than 500K.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've not done any SB this year.

How many points do you need to secure the Swap player?

I'm on 4,361 and based on last week that's fine but I wonder if there is a big spike on Swap weeks.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squad 1 (17k outlay for you according to FUTBIN)
    https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/2676832

Squad 2 - About 20k more than the most reasonable "low" chem futbin solution. Not cheap at all. Hopefully you have an IF to use instead of buying one.
    https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/2677107

I would probably use Isco in the second one first, just for the chem boost.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New TOTW looks okay. A few obvious choices you'd want as your reds. I really hope this isn't the week they chuck me a mega red and give me Aubameyang. But pretty much anything 83 and below is useless, bar Bakayoko. Anything 84 and up is going to be either usable or great SBC fodder.

Speaking of SBCs, I reckon these reds are going to come in useful sooner or later for them. Annoyingly this year they have made them not count as TOTW items in SBCs, so you'd think there'll be something coming along where you'll need them. Maybe FUTmas?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They counted for FUTMAS last year I believe. So likely will this year too.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Alves and pulled IF Hernandez and Sule.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the suggestions Danny.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First one was pretty good. Second is pricey pretty much which ever way you swing it I think!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red Bakayoko and Chicharito this week. Decently rated, but missed out on all the big ones again. Hopefully they are useful in SBCs.

Nothing in the packs either but I can't complain after recent luck. Though I'm now ever so slightly shy of 800k in the bank. I'm very close to Messi(860k) but not by enough that I can raise it this weekend.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive got some time so im selling all the silver and bronze players for SBCs. The Japan league didnt get the momentum i was hoping so most cards sell for less than 1k which is still good. I had all the players from Turkish league which i also need to sell.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm doing all the value SBC's for a pack opening spree.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may well do the same as it'll be my only way of earning coin before next Thursday. This is the flaw with the current system a big chunk of coins is only available once a week and there's a limit on it.

Also I was looking at what I could use my coins for in the meantime. The thing that came to mind was Icons. I'm now in the ball park of affording some. The likes of Shevchenko, RvN, Kluivert, Owen, Shearer and Trezeguet are available to me(their base and middle cards) or a proper midfield destroyer is there. Middle Makelele is there too, but so is every version of Gattuso. Also if I wanted someone a bit left field the likes of Litmanen, Deco, Hagi or Nakata are there.
    All of those options would pretty much wipe out all of my coins remaining though.

I was waiting on maybe an Icon SBC, but I stumbled across this tweet:

He's one of the guys being questioned every day to get a baby Icon SBC out or to fix the requirements for set 4(if it ever comes). He finally responded with this and it makes me think we aren't getting the former of those any time soon.
    It reads to me like they think too many people are now saved up and ready for them, or the market is too off balance to make one sensible. Quite disappointing to see.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthez spoke about this in his last video.

I don't know how it all knits together but apparently there are some Spanish accounts getting round EA's checks that are generating 2m coins a day and EA are loathed to do anything big with the market until that's sorted.

Then I saw a post on reddit saying the market behaves like this every year (after Black Friday, but before Futmas/TOTY), so fuck knows.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Icons, I will be getting Baby Matthaus at some point and swapping him in game with Guilavogui.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I do buy a midfield Icon it means I can get POTM Aubameyang into the team on 8 chemistry.

EDIT: Also, why the fuck is Gattusos 85 card better than his 90? Go and check their in-game stats.
    Last edited by Gray Fox; 06-12-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthez spoke about this in his last video.

I don't know how it all knits together but apparently there are some Spanish accounts getting round EA's checks that are generating 2m coins a day and EA are loathed to do anything big with the market until that's sorted.

Then I saw a post on reddit saying the market behaves like this every year (after Black Friday, but before Futmas/TOTY), so fuck knows.
    What checks are they doing? I have saw a 76 rated IF from the Congo, and he is being sold for 49750. How difficulty it is?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    If I do buy a midfield Icon it means I can get POTM Aubameyang into the team on 8 chemistry.

EDIT: Also, why the fuck is Gattusos 85 card better than his 90? Go and check their in-game stats.
    Yeah, Gattuso is broken rating wise.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished up the Dani Alves card - cost me 237,750 coins all told, saved about 50k as I could use Fernandinho and some other lower rated players to fill out the squads.

Didn't even get a board in the two big packs. Fucking joke. Best card was 82 Kruse.

Excited to use Alves though, not sure whether to use an Anchor or a Shadow card on him.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be looking at Sentinel or Backbone I think.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose 90 pace is plenty enough with a boost to physical. I'll try Sentinel first and move on to Anchor if he does need a little more. I'm not going to bother with instructions - see how he does when he roams first.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have mentioned in my mini-review, I used Anchor on him.

You get the exact same boost to defensive stats except you have 72 strength with Sentinel instead of 67 and 99 stand tackle instead of 97. However with Anchor you get a boost to his speed.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hammered through 14 SBC's, so with the untradeable division rivals rewards now sat on 20.

Need to do Dani Alves tonight and then carry on cracking through the SBC's. Loads of value ones in there now.

Should probably redeem weekend league entry as well.

Ooh, team of the Group Stages incoming.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balls.

Duckquackk mentioned picking up Sokratis OTW in his discord and I decided not to. Since his public predictions have gone out he's gone from 26k to 53k...

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was his rationale?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just said he's got a good chance of being in the TOTGS.

I hadn't watched any Europa League so left it alone.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should get EPL POTM and Bundesliga POTM soon, if not tomorrow and we're looking at that being Sterling and Reus.

Reus is the one that interests me. His previous POTM set was 380k to complete. Given that this time around he's going to be 89/90 rated, surely they're going to want one of his special cards put towards getting him?

As for Sterling, would it be worth doing something like picking up a tonne of Kompany cards and hoping he's a requirement, or needed for a high rated squad?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure Sterling's IF will be needed, but I don't have the balls to go balls deep into it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's Alves done.

I had to sacrifice my 87 IF Pjanic and buy Bonucci and Manolas, but job done.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll love him.

I think he's by far the best flashback they've done. Makes me wonder who is next.

We should be due FUTmas tomorrow too, right?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    We should get EPL POTM and Bundesliga POTM soon, if not tomorrow and we're looking at that being Sterling and Reus.

Reus is the one that interests me. His previous POTM set was 380k to complete. Given that this time around he's going to be 89/90 rated, surely they're going to want one of his special cards put towards getting him?

As for Sterling, would it be worth doing something like picking up a tonne of Kompany cards and hoping he's a requirement, or needed for a high rated squad?
    Kompany always seems to be a money maker when you can pick him up for around the 11K mark. I have bought and sold him every single week for profit.

If he isn't required for anything tomorrow I would expect him to drop to 10-11K during the increase in pack opening (due to the team of the group stage cards) and then rise back to 12K until he is wanted in an SBC.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I opened my Rivals and Weekend League rewards already. Got Carvajal from the player pick, 86 rated, can't complain about that for Silver 1. I'll keep him by and might build another alternate squad around him, but if not, he's a good rating for SBCs in the future. I've gone from having no real standout RB, to 2 of the highest rated in game.

From the mega packs I got back-to-back walkouts, Insigne and Fernandinho, but virtually nothing from the rest, just a couple of 83s (Depay and Savic).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the FIFA18 SBC's. Useful for possible Futmas etc. requirements.

https://www.futhead.com/18/squad-bui...filter=expired

Makes me wish I'd stayed on 18 really. I enjoyed it more, I believe Squad Battles are still going (which were fun on that version) and there's a whole host of SBC's still live.