User Tag List

Page 348 of 373 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358 ... LastLast
Results 17,351 to 17,400 of 18630

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have Jericho win it. Samoa Joe thinks he's turning up to a handicap match but when he gets there it's just one on one so he has to lose the title because of the implication.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jericho to win it? Even after the allegations?

Surely that's more WWE.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumours are that Kevin Dunn has resigned.

RIP a million camera cuts per match

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The chat is always that HHH hates Dunn so I'm surprised if anything that he lasted this long.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a rumour shortly after HHH came in that Dunn was going to be canned but it never panned out, hopefully this is legit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If true it shows Vince is 100% not involved anymore.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrade's contract with AEW has expired.

Bring him back Trips

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rock v Reigns at Wrestlemania then?

Poor Cody is never finishing that story

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be the worst match in history if so as he was gassed after hitting a spinebuster and elbow

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read yesterday that the plan is:

Rock vs. Roman at EC (in Australia). Roman wins, Bloodline beat down Rock. Cody makes the save, Rock endorses him to see off Roman at WM.

I'm a bit sceptical, as I'm not sure they will run such a huge angle at 7am East Coast time, but apparently ticket sales are awful and this would give it a huge shot in the arm.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jinder Mahal being revealed initially as the big returning champion for a laugh was great and also serves as a reminder that Jinder Mahal was the world champion. Kind of thing you wonder if you made up in your head

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be an interesting test of where Triple H's head is at with this stuff, whether he's prepared to let the Mania main event (when it's not him) include somebody who simply can't go any more.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    Jinder Mahal being revealed initially as the big returning champion for a laugh was great and also serves as a reminder that Jinder Mahal was the world champion. Kind of thing you wonder if you made up in your head
    The crowd reaction was hilarious.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    His reign is actually very similar to the current version of Romans too. Have match --> start losing match --> take opponents finisher --> outside interference distracts ref and opponent --> hit one finisher to pin and win.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember his reign fondly, it was what drove me into the waiting arms and dubious neck health of New Japan.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All worth it for the pop.

AJ was super popular but there was also a lot of OH THANK FUCK IT'S OVER in that reaction.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    R-Truth "joining" The Judgement Day is pretty damn good.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fine because Truth is fun but does make the ones who don't just kick his cunt in look like fucking nerds rather than a serious proposition.

The more they don't just batter him it looks like Rhea is babysitting some proper idiots.

Also Priest, who I really like, has never felt further from a legit cash-in prospect than he does at the moment. I know he's got plenty of time and they keep having him show up as if he might cash in but right now it feels, to me at least, like there's literally no chance of them even considering it before Mania and that being the case you can basically forget him doing anything relevant before April.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found this funnier than it probably is.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a fan of the R-Truth bit. Comedy has its place in wrestling for sure but that place is midcard tops and they’re trying to position Judgment Day as the top stable for when the Bloodline implodes. I can’t take them seriously when they’ve got a comedy act following them about.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Sami doing the same role with the Bloodline?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Not a fan of the R-Truth bit. Comedy has its place in wrestling for sure but that place is midcard tops and they’re trying to position Judgment Day as the top stable for when the Bloodline implodes. I can’t take them seriously when they’ve got a comedy act following them about.
    Him mimicking Shawn Michaels v Ric Flair was amazing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Which is part of the problem. They’re trying to repeat it with lesser parts.

I feel like I’m coming across a bit grumpy about this and I’m not, I love R-Truth, but he has his level and this ain’t it.

Although Judgment Day have since employed that Funko Pop from OTT so I don’t even know what the end game is. Maybe just have Rhea run a gauntlet on them (and me).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Him mimicking Shawn Michaels v Ric Flair was amazing.
    Properly lolled at that.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Yeeees but I do think this is different. a) R-Truth isn't being positioned for a serious run, and hasn't been at any risk of doing one for years. Sami had already had a not insignificant deluded heel run when he started doing the "I'm going to be part of the Bloodline!" stuff and when it very first kicked off it was (I think? correct me if I'm misremembering / giving it more credit than it deserved) meant to be Sami fairly cynically trying to become part of the biggest game in town because he thought WWE was against him. Not "HAHA IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE R-TRUTH IS MENTALLY DISABLED."

That said, if R Truth somehow takes MITB off Priest and cashes in on Reigns I'll forgive it all.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I'm cashing this in 'cos I'm Ron fucking Killings." and then he shoots someone.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I did it.... for Little Jimmy"

*smokes*

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed the Edge and Christian shenanigans.

Why is Luchasaurus now called Killswitch?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian's finishing move name. I guess it further signifies his control over the big lump.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dolph Ziggler has rocked up in the Tokyo Dome.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barely watched a single grap in the last few months so I have no context but Okada / Danielson was unsurprisingly good. I had a good lol at Izuka turning up in weirdly good shape, now to see if I can be made to care about Sanada in the main event.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danielson was absolutely loving it, you could tell. And it must be quite novel for him to see Okada sell him like a killer after knocking about with Moxley for the last 18 months.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Ibushis career is effectively over, even in wrestling I'm not sure I've seen a greater disparity between talent and brains than with this man.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started the match with a broken ankle and mangled shoulder. Booked to go 33 minutes. Finished the match with two broken ankles. NOAH deserve all they got with that one.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not some wrestling scout but within 45 seconds of Takeshita's first AEW match on one of their awful dark match youtube shows, I said to the people I was watching it with that he's a star. They've done their best to fumble it but it seems that he's starting to come through. The match with Darby is great. Darby might be in a wheelchair by 40 but his absolute lack of care for his own safety makes his opponents look a million bucks.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Takeshita is brilliant. Looks huge next to all the vanilla midgets as well. Not sure why it’s taken this long to give him a proper push but Tony gonna Tony.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Takeshita is brilliant. Looks huge next to all the vanilla midgets as well. Not sure why it’s taken this long to give him a proper push but Tony gonna Tony.
    Match wise he's been given quite a few pushes, think he must be the only person who has an undefated record aginst Omega over several bouts but the most consistent flaw in AEW is their inability to get foreigners with a language barrier (Takeshita, Rey Fenix) and americans that can't work the mic (Hobbes, Wardlow) over the final hurdle. You can tell Omega is backing him and trying to use Callis to close that gap but as with every AEW stable, the guy on the mic just ends up burying the talent with bullshit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that’s obviously a hurdle but with Callis there’s no excuse not to push him hard now. Big heel foreigner with chatty manager is a gimmick as old as time and outside of Vince McMahon World it’s always worked.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, even HHH isn't immune to the old WWE "have a no contest in a match which is meant to be no DQ" trope I see, with a number one contenders match triple threat getting no contested because of Bloodline interference. Bonus points for making Roman look an idiot by lumbering himself with a fatal fourway in the process. But at least it means it's not a match that'll be done entirely at walking pace.

Tyler Bate on the main roster though. Now give Butch his real name back please. Then let have some matches with Gunther.

Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    Looks like Ibushis career is effectively over, even in wrestling I'm not sure I've seen a greater disparity between talent and brains than with this man.
    What did he do this time?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair I don't know why triple threat matches are automatically no-DQ anyway. I think it was something ECW introduced then everyone else adopted it as the norm (although multi-man matches were very rare back then).

Ibushi fucked his shoulder about two years ago and refused to get surgery (hence his podgy look since his comeback because he can't lift weights), then he fucked his ankle at some point in those pathetic AEW matches, then he tried to wrestle a 30 minute match on said injuries, completely missing a moonsault in the process and breaking his other ankle.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not a fan of normal medicine either so despite wrestling a style that has lead to multiple serious injuries he never gets them fixed.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd missed that on Smackdown AOP returned, with Ellering, attached to Kross and Scarlett. Dunno if that's gonna work out for them but at least being attached to Kross means they'll probably get some chances given HHH is clearly determined to make him a thing one way or another.

There is a decent tag division in there if HHH finds the time to do stuff with it. It doesn't feel like they're that important and JD will stop caring as soon as the group inevitably splits but you've got them, New Day, AOP, British Strong Style, Pretty Deadly, Creeds, Fridge Raiders, DIY, Imperium, Profits*, Garza/Carillo.

Like, there's a bunch of good teams there and an obvious starting point in terms of who are the top contenders, the fodder but who can hold their own, etc.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wilde flew.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Ah, even HHH isn't immune to the old WWE "have a no contest in a match which is meant to be no DQ" trope I see, with a number one contenders match triple threat getting no contested because of Bloodline interference. Bonus points for making Roman look an idiot by lumbering himself with a fatal fourway in the process. But at least it means it's not a match that'll be done entirely at walking pace.
    He also introduced some new bullshit on NXT this week.

Roxanne Perez won her match but because she's turning heel she attacked her opponent after the bell. The ref then called the announcer over to tell her that he has reversed the decision because Roxanne wouldn't follow ref's instructions, lol.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They started down the no contest in a no DQ match, slippery slope on those back to back HIAC matches. The most comical of which was Rollins hitting the pile of stuff on top of The Fiend with a big comedy mallet. Ref called for the bell and the 'athletic trainer' immediately. Got him on a stretcher only for him to pop straight up and go batter Rollins.

Crowd rightfully shit on it as it was clear bs because HHH/Vince wanted neither guy to take a loss. If that's true then just don't make that match.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The HIAC where they continued to ruin what they'd managed to build with Boatman where a FUCKING HELL IN A CELL MATCH ended because of some F5s was the worst of all that.

I mean the red cell match was obviously worse overall, just specifically that ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    He also introduced some new bullshit on NXT this week.

Roxanne Perez won her match but because she's turning heel she attacked her opponent after the bell. The ref then called the announcer over to tell her that he has reversed the decision because Roxanne wouldn't follow ref's instructions, lol.
    That's even worse than the old 'DQed for kicking too much ass.'

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

Wilde flew.
    I saw that, looked incredible for something so simple I wonder why it's not been done more.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He said himself he had to convince Shawn Michaels to let him do it because nobody believed him when he said he could clear 20 feet.

Now everyone will start doing it and it’ll become just another move like the Canadian Destroyer.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember Ricochet in NXT doing a running flip and landing perfectly on his feet outside the ring which looked amazing but also felt like a broken ankle waiting to happen.