User Tag List

Page 360 of 373 FirstFirst ... 260310350358359360361362370 ... LastLast
Results 17,951 to 18,000 of 18621

Thread: The Ultimate WWE Thread

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I didn't realise that. It genuinely wasn't a dig, as I said I didn't know what it was just thought she looked different so that'd explain it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I didn't know until this morning when I saw her entrance.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "According to the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology, MCAS is “a condition in which the patient experiences repeated episodes of the symptoms of anaphylaxis – allergic symptoms such as hives, swelling, low blood pressure, difficulty breathing and severe diarrhea. High levels of mast cell mediators are released during those episodes.”

Sounds fucking brutal.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah fuck that.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we know if Keith was actually injured or was it just a bit? Google seems vague but it really caused the middle of the match to slow to a crawl.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright I assume it was a bit but it really slowed down that chunk of the match. Orton vs. Paul isn't a development I expected from that match.

I love that McIntyre isn't actively cheating much (yet) in this heel turn but is capitalising on others being jumped ruthlessly.

Him and Seth will be a great match.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nia has been better in this run and not, y'know, actively hurting people but she's still got a pretty hard ceiling. Problem is if you want to keep pushing her as the unbeatable monster you probably have to actually have her hold a world title for a bit.

Regardless, the match was decent enough because Ripley is incredible and made something of it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate gimmick PPVs (obviously) but my overwhelming thought is that they need to bin this off. Using it as the excuse to set up a match for the second world titles at Mania a) belittles the Royal Rumble and b) leads to lazy booking, in that they have an excuse to go into the PPV cold with storylines because they rely on just the cage structure to create the drama and also use it to lazily set up filler matches amongst the losers for Mania.

It’s been 22 years and they still haven’t beat the first Survivor Series effort. Not to mention the Chamber itself is watered down to fuck now.

I know the Aussies are like us, so starved of big time wrestling that they’ll go nuts for anything, but yesterday was a big miss for me.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, it wasn’t great. I turned off after the woman’s chamber and then seen a bit of the Waller segment. WWE just can’t do gimmick matches anymore (aside from maybe a ladder match)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they'd do better with the gimmick matches if they didn't trot them out constantly.

For instance HIAC matches were great when used sparingly to end a really big rivalry then they just started giving them to us like crazy.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same goes for TLC matches. Where's the magic in a whole PPV around it? Admittedly, TLC was a very specific thing related to three specific tag teams. It came together in a way most gimmicks maybe don't anymore.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I think they'd do better with the gimmick matches if they didn't trot them out constantly.

For instance HIAC matches were great when used sparingly to end a really big rivalry then they just started giving them to us like crazy.
    That’s exactly my point. Make the gimmick make sense.

Whatever happened to the regular cage match? It’s perfect for when you’ve got a chickenshit heel with loads of backup (eg. Dominik).

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to look at some All-In tickets. Only sections where you'd get a view that wasn't just watching a big screen was 700 quid or 2.2k. Don't see the value of paying to go to an event and have the same viewing experience as if I'd bnought it on fite.tv

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BTw are there any RevPro nerds in here. I'm in London next week and I saw there's a show on Sunday. Is it worth my time considering I'd be passing up a free carride back to Worcester and catching the train so i'd be incurring a cost on top of the ticket.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind knowing a bit about RevPro. They do a lot of events in the next town over and they've got one in two months that I'm thinking of getting tickets to.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next town over I’d definitely go. Live wrestling in those small rooms is great even if the level is pretty low.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Decided to look at some All-In tickets. Only sections where you'd get a view that wasn't just watching a big screen was 700 quid or 2.2k. Don't see the value of paying to go to an event and have the same viewing experience as if I'd bnought it on fite.tv
    Cos it’s awesome. The view is better than you think, but I did spend the first few matches conditioning myself not to watch the screen.

Do you feel the same about football and other sports, where the ‘view from home’ is better so why bother?

Also if Ospreay or ZSJ or Session Moth might be on, you should deffo go revpro
    Last edited by Baz; 26-02-2024 at 10:05 AM.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ospreay seems to be done with RevPro for a while at least. He put Oku over big on his way out a couple of weeks ago.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything about him is amazing.

Gunther/Priest at ‘mania?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually maybe not, HHH teasing multiple different folk for him. Wouldnt be against Gable finally going over.

Also - that black security guard took a chair straight in the face from Rhodes and the Street Fight was also pretty good compared to usual. PG ERA OVAH

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking lol if they have Priest do a Theory and cash in on Gunther (or whoever beats Gunther) for the IC title.

Because that's where my head went when I saw in the review JD talking about the IC title.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They teased Priest, Gable and Zayn from what I seen. Wouldnt be against either of the last two.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gable would be my pick ideally, his stuff with Gunther before shows they could really have something with him.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the effort of playing fair I'll pose this as a question rather than a statement (because I hate everything), has the briefcase actually served to elevate anyone in recent years? I feel like Dolph Ziggler was the last good one. The other "success stories" since then just used it as a prop because they would have got over just as much without it.

Much like Elimination Chamber and Hell in a Cell, MITB needs binning off as a regular event and used sparingly when they can actually build some heat for one. But I guess the marketing around it is too big now to throw in the bin.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of MITB, Zayn is the favourite with Stratton (correct choice) on the women's side.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stratton is money. Absolutely insane she's only a couple of years in. They'll crown her at next year's WrestleMania by beating Rhea (who will be unbeaten until then).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was signed by the WWE in August 2021, she did have a bit of training before that but it's unreal how well she's taken to it.

Only 74 matches total in her career too.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not against the Chamber being an annual thing in principle but they're clearly short of ideas for it.

MITB, both the match and their attempts to build stories around the briefcase, have been very tired for ages and probably need binned off at least for a while. More people have been actively harmed by their MITB runs in the last decade than gained from it I'd say. Not least because they can't get their heads around the idea of a proper babyfsce cash in. Strowman was still massively over when he won and should have just said at whatever PPV (let's say Summerslam for the sake of argument) he would be challenging for the world title and then you build the story out of a heel trying to weasel out of. But alas, that was the year that a whole 12 months of booking was sacrificed at the altar of Reigns vs. Lesnar and 400 F5 kickouts.

Big E similarly should have just got sick of Bobbo battering Kofi and Woods when he wasn't there and told him he was having a match for the title not doing the end of match run in thing because it's just harder to get that right for babyfaces.

Just bring back KOTR (/QOTR) tournaments and do them properly over a month or two. Loads of TV wrestling booking sorted, ways to set up stories and build challengers over time, etc. And then have the KOTR winner get their title shot at whatever PPV every year.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And on gimmicks more generally HIAC should only be to end bitter feuds but at least they're being more sparing with those currently.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Fucking lol if they have Priest do a Theory and cash in on Gunther (or whoever beats Gunther) for the IC title.
    I actually think this is where it will have to go. After about 10 years of heel champion in Reigns, you can't let Priest be the one who cashes in on him. You also can't let him immediately take the title from Cody either, should he win. So that's 1 belt down.

Same problem occurs with the other big belt. By the time we get to Mania(Rollins wont be having a match until then) he'll have had that belt for nearly a year himself. If he loses to Drew, you can't really have a heel immediately oust another heel. I will say though that this is the most likely option if it is for a big belt. Maybe you have Rollins win and then have Priest cash in on him?

I feel like they wasted the big chance with him during the Rollins matches with Balor. The briefcase has become a bit crap though. The last good one was 2016 with Ambrose.

Since then we had Baron Corbin lose on cash in. Brawn having a no-contest in a Hell in a Cell match(lol). Lesnar winning it for reasons. Then the last 3 have all been influenced by Bobby Lashley. Miz had Lashley batter Drew then take it. Big E then cashed in on Lashley. Then another cash in following a Lashley attack, but Theory still lost. All of those were basically pointless.
    Problem is they all have the thing in common where the guy winning, you can tell just isn't a top of the card guy, so after the briefcase business just goes back to the midcard. I feel Priest will be the same.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bring back KOTR (/QOTR) tournaments and do them properly over a month or two. Loads of TV wrestling booking sorted, ways to set up stories and build challengers over time, etc. And then have the KOTR winner get their title shot at whatever PPV every year.
    You should check out AEW. Every 3 months the entire booking goes to shit or someones knee explodes or CM Punk punches someone and then it's tourney time baby.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not least because they can't get their heads around the idea of a proper babyfsce cash in. Strowman was still massively over when he won and should have just said at whatever PPV (let's say Summerslam for the sake of argument) he would be challenging for the world title and then you build the story out of a heel trying to weasel out of.
    Ding ding fucking ding. It's not that complicated is it.

Between the two briefcases, they could probably wheel out that trope near enough once a year if they had an appropriate heel champion.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    You should check out AEW. Every 3 months the entire booking goes to shit or someones knee explodes or CM Punk punches someone and then it's tourney time baby.
    Tony is definitely due one (maybe for the tag titles after Sting retires as champion). The Continental Classic (what a lol that was) has been his only tournament since last summer. I think someone has shamed him for it because that is a long barren spell in his world.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of all of the womens winners, only two haven't cashed in on the same night. Ignoring the Asuka workaround. Getting past that would be start too.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Of all of the womens winners, only two haven't cashed in on the same night. Ignoring the Asuka workaround. Getting past that would be start too.
    Refer to Ian's post for your answer. They've not got a clue how to book it and only introduced it in the name of equality (see: women's Royal Rumble (the only palatable one), women's Elimination Chamber, women having a Hell in a Cell match at the PPV after a five minute feud). People probably won't agree with me but by striving to book women as completely equal to men, it makes it all worse. Women often just can't physically do what men do to so not only do these things often make the women look worse than they otherwise would, it also waters down the men's booking too. After seeing the women's EC match on Saturday, I just could not be arsed with the men's effort as it was bound to be the same crap regurgitated from not just men's matches in years previous but also from the women's match an hour earlier. I said it on Royal Rumble weekend, nobody wants a steak dinner right after having a steak dinner.

Going off on a tangent again soz.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ambrose one worked because the whole idea was he was still so not.over Rollins that he wanted to screw him over in the worst way, they could have done that with Big E and had him cash in after Lashley vs. Kofi, say, where Bob wins but also won't stop battering Kofi and E does it in a rage but at least under Vince they just never put that much thought into it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there was a heel authority figure (potentially Aldis down the line) you could go the route of him denying a babyface his rightful title shots so he just says "fuck you then I'll win MITB" and then you've actually got the anticipation of a cash-in actually being something you're looking forward to.

Having said that, I think it's invariably a heel prop and that's why WWE struggle with it, because they've never booked heels well. Like ever in their history, because they're a babyface-first champion promotion (whereas the NWA was the opposite). Outside of Triple H 2000-01, Reigns in prime Bloodline arc isn't far off their best, which says a lot.
    Last edited by Ben; 27-02-2024 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically the thing they're good at more consistently than anything is booking the chase. Actual reigns not so much. Reigns was good for ages but has been treading water for ages too, McIntyre was their best babyfsce champ in yonks despite having no crowd to play to. Few and far between for actually paying off good title wins with good runs with the belt.

If Strowman had won the belt back I. 2017 or whenever it was there's no chance they'd have landed a monster babyfsce title run even if it was short. Literally zero chance.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite was Daniel Bryan doing the heroic thing of announcing he'll cash it in at Wrestlemania and then swiftly changing his mind when Big Show and whoever were knocked out, kicked off his whole shitbag character.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Refer to Ian's post for your answer. They've not got a clue how to book it and only introduced it in the name of equality (see: women's Royal Rumble (the only palatable one), women's Elimination Chamber, women having a Hell in a Cell match at the PPV after a five minute feud). People probably won't agree with me but by striving to book women as completely equal to men, it makes it all worse. Women often just can't physically do what men do to so not only do these things often make the women look worse than they otherwise would, it also waters down the men's booking too. After seeing the women's EC match on Saturday, I just could not be arsed with the men's effort as it was bound to be the same crap regurgitated from not just men's matches in years previous but also from the women's match an hour earlier. I said it on Royal Rumble weekend, nobody wants a steak dinner right after having a steak dinner.

Going off on a tangent again soz.
    I'd happily polish off two steak dinners tbh, your metaphor is horseshit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, we seem to be forgetting that Otis won MITB once.

I think WWE would like us to forget so job well done.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turkey dinner, then. I'm sure we can all agree turkey is wank.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should have made it a storyline.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Vince was still there that'd be his gimmick for the next ten years.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely one of the many ring-putter-uppers (I'm not changing that description) and light fitting guys have the tools to solve this problem.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but they couldn't access the hinges and other screws.

They managed to get the door vent taken out so The Miz could crawl out.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's more entertaining locked in a room than in the ring so leave him there I say.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were testing out a new match type. Doom in a Room.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where’s Kane to pull it off the hinges when you need him?