User Tag List

Page 172 of 173 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173 LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,600 of 8649

Thread: General gaming discussion

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sick of watching my daughter play stupid race games on Roblox so introduced her to Fall Guys and it seems a hit. Very entertaining.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I finished Tomb Raider 1 Remastered at the weekend. It'd wild to think that Super Mario 64 are months apart. I kinda enjoyed it. When you're left in a room figuring out how to traverse, there's a really strong atmosphere and the platforming has some real stakes to it. Uncharted's completely ironed the risk out over the years so it's nice to have to really think about movement.

I also think it might be the only 'good' classic Tomb Raider going. 2's relying too much on combat and 3's got some levels that feel far too big for their own good.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is launching today:

Having played it quite a bit in Early Access, I highly recommend it if you're into the Diablos and PoEs of this world. Only 30 pounds as well. The story is a bit meh (as is the norm in the genre really), but the gameplay itself is very good.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 21-02-2024 at 07:36 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The newest hotness seems to be a game called Helldivers 2. Having not heard of it previously(or the first one) I looked at some gameplay of it and it looks like it'll be good fun. Only problem is it's devs were clearly not prepared for it to explode in popularity as you struggle to get into a server to actually play it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about hype, I also got my hands on Deep Rock Galactic survivor and it's really good fun. Obviously inspired by Vampire Survivors but brings a lot of new things to the table (and advances the genre quite a bit in my opinion).

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    This is launching today:

Having played it quite a bit in Early Access, I highly recommend it if you're into the Diablos and PoEs of this world. Only 30 pounds as well. The story is a bit meh (as is the norm in the genre really), but the gameplay itself is very good.
    Might have to show this one to the Mrs as she's a lot more into those types.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    The newest hotness seems to be a game called Helldivers 2. Having not heard of it previously(or the first one) I looked at some gameplay of it and it looks like it'll be good fun. Only problem is it's devs were clearly not prepared for it to explode in popularity as you struggle to get into a server to actually play it.
    So after looking at it a bit more I decided fuck it, time to grab a copy on PS5. I know a couple of people who have it.

Good luck getting one. Amazon reckons they can't ship it for at least a month. Game has zero in my area and it's also a struggle to get any online at all.

Seems to have hit that sweet spot of being a decent game, while also being £30. It is on the PlayStation store for 34.99, but I much prefer owning physical copies.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digital Eclipse's next collection has a release date. Lamasoft: The Jeff Minter Story is out 13th March. I hope the KLF get a mention in the interviews.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found a copy of HellDivers 2 in town and so I've booted it up to have a look about and get used to the UI.

I see why it's popular for £30. Simple enough premise, you're essentially a member of DOOP from Futurama, complete with Zap Brannigan sounding commander. You've two enemies closing in either side of SUPER Earth. One side is all bugs, the other is all killer robots. You must liberate the planets being attacked.

Planets each have their own quirks. For example one planet is really hot and as such your stamina drains a lot faster and guns overheat. You have to go down to these planets, complete your tasks and get to an extraction point. You call a ship down to pick you up and depending on what the planet is/difficulty you choose(there are 9 difficulties) depends on how long rescue takes to turn up. You get attacked while you wait and you gain more xp the more of your party extract.

To make it interesting, friendly fire is always on(can't be turned off) and you are limited in the ammo/weapons you carry. To gain more you have to call in support from your ship above. They can send down just pure ammo, or they can drop a big bomb on an area you request and many things in-between. These all have cooldowns though, so if all 4 of your party call in your big bomb at once and it say has a 2 min cooldown, you're out of luck if you get in a pinch.

Seems to be quite a lot of stuff to unlock and you have various currencies to do it with. Seems like a fair amount of grinding involved.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balatro is fucking amazing.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Balatro is fucking amazing.
    Yeah, I really need to get on that & Luck Be A Landlord.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Yeah, I really need to get on that & Luck Be A Landlord.
    I'm at 51 hours for Luck Be a Landlord

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Found a copy of HellDivers 2 in town and so I've booted it up to have a look about and get used to the UI.

I see why it's popular for £30. Simple enough premise, you're essentially a member of DOOP from Futurama, complete with Zap Brannigan sounding commander. You've two enemies closing in either side of SUPER Earth. One side is all bugs, the other is all killer robots. You must liberate the planets being attacked.

Planets each have their own quirks. For example one planet is really hot and as such your stamina drains a lot faster and guns overheat. You have to go down to these planets, complete your tasks and get to an extraction point. You call a ship down to pick you up and depending on what the planet is/difficulty you choose(there are 9 difficulties) depends on how long rescue takes to turn up. You get attacked while you wait and you gain more xp the more of your party extract.

To make it interesting, friendly fire is always on(can't be turned off) and you are limited in the ammo/weapons you carry. To gain more you have to call in support from your ship above. They can send down just pure ammo, or they can drop a big bomb on an area you request and many things in-between. These all have cooldowns though, so if all 4 of your party call in your big bomb at once and it say has a 2 min cooldown, you're out of luck if you get in a pinch.

Seems to be quite a lot of stuff to unlock and you have various currencies to do it with. Seems like a fair amount of grinding involved.
    Helldivers 2 would have been prime TTHard fodder once upon a time. Fuck playing on a friendly-fire-always-on game with Pleb though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or with Cord.

You say the wrong thing to him and he'll stick a knife in your back.

Oh and Sama who loved lobbing Molotov's in random rooms at your feet.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To add to the difficulty I had this evening found out(the hard way) that allies can call down an auto turret. It locks on to your enemy and fires. If you happen to wander into the path of the bullets you better believe you're dying.

I maintain this game is outstanding for £30.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Or with Cord.

You say the wrong thing to him and he'll stick a knife in your back.

Oh and Sama who loved lobbing Molotov's in random rooms at your feet.
    That was actually Benny/ Mr Chorizo with molotovs to be fair, and the one in question in L4D2 was at his own feet. "Oh no what have I done!"

You're safe with Cord unless you cross him, Pleb would just be shooting you because he didn't know the difference between his own team mates and a giant gribbly insect. Bless 'im.

"Woss 'appening?"

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    That was actually Benny/ Mr Chorizo with molotovs to be fair, and the one in question in L4D2 was at his own feet. "Oh no what have I done!"

You're safe with Cord unless you cross him, Pleb would just be shooting you because he didn't know the difference between his own team mates and a giant gribbly insect. Bless 'im.

"Woss 'appening?"
    Sama did Molotov's too in L4D2. I had the good fortune of being in a room with him a couple of times when he did it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean I don't remember that but it's 100% believable.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the idea of me playing 1400 CPC games has died on its arse. I just don't care enough and the "Press play on tape" era requires a lot of fiddle to emulate (well, more than I can be arsed with) to flip tapes over and dick about with keyboard bindings.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    I'm at 51 hours for Luck Be a Landlord

What are you playing on, I see it’s on iPhone for a few quid, think it’ll be ok or better on the pc?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have bought Helldivers 2...

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What are you playing on, I see it’s on iPhone for a few quid, think it’ll be ok or better on the pc?
    I'm on PC, should be grand on IOS mate. It would run on a fucking Amstrad tbf.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have named my ship in Helldivers. Please welcome Ombudsman of Democracy to the fleet.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay. Feel like I'm starting to hit my level if I don't actually start learning now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to play Helldivers 2 today and 3 consecutive missions I've been DC'd.

The first was right near the end too.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entire Command & Conquer collection live on steam for under a tenner.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I bloody loved Generals. Absolutely rinsed it online when me and The Reid didn’t have jobs.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kirov reporting

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hearing that 1 minute into a network game always terrified me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Along with C&C I saw that there's a load of other EA games added including The Saboteur, my all-time favourite rubbish game. I haven't got anything that'll even play it but at £4 I'll stick that in the library for a rainy day.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tiberian Sun and RA2 was my absolute peak gaming era. Sank an eternity into those two.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SIFU is one of the PS+ freebies this month. An all-time banger.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had an old man moment this evening. I noticed the kids could get Minecraft on their Xbox via Gamepass. I figured if that was so, then it must also be available on PC Gamepass. As I use CD Keys to get the ultimate edition every time, I have it and so I had a look.

It's there, but there are 4 seemingly different versions and I have no idea how they differ. There is Minecraft:Java edition, Minecraft for Windows, Minecraft Dungeons and Minecraft Legends.

Which one of these is just the base game? I'm looking to get my and 2/3 of my kids up on their PC gaming usage and it seems like a great place to start. One of them is already better than me on a keyboard so he's nae bother.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dungeons and Legends are different games entirely. I presume you want for Windows.

Roblox is better.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Java & Bedrock is the one that gets modded like crazy, I'm told. Maybe leave that until the kids want to see serious shit. Minecraft for Windows is probably the vanilla experience.

I dunno, I've never played it. I've merely observed the nephew play it loads on his Switch.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Llamasoft: The Jeff Minter Story is a really solid collection of that mad bastard's work. Solid but post-Jaguar it just halts. I don't get a sense I've got a full story when their 21st century output is absent. Sure, I can and will buy that stuff but I want Minter and Zorzin to talk about it. I want conversations about how he had to clear the KLF sample for Space Giraffe, talked with Trent Reznor so they could use Polybius for one of their videos, etc. Tell us about your favourite curry, Jeff. Give us the skinny on Atari's cease and desist over TxK. What was the Nuon like to work with?

Still, for £25 you get a load of 80's home computing efforts, a couple of light synthesizers and a game for an unreleased console. And a new version of Gridrunner which is ... fine.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am torn between Horizon Forbidden West (comes out on PC in an hour or so) and Dragon's Dogma 2 (in 9-10 hours). I was leaning towards the latter, but with reported performance issues and my pc being below the recommended requirements (though it should still be good enough to play it at a reasonable level) I'm not quite so sure yet.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just yarred the former and will yarr the latter.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell Horizon is a ridiculously good looking game. 180-240fps maxed out 1440p no DLSS, frame gen on. Optimised beautifully.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Capcom added microtransactions for fast travel and character customisation on DD2 launch, but hid it from reviewers. Ahahahaha.
    Last edited by Dark Soldier; 22-03-2024 at 08:21 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Microtransactions for fast travel? Jesus.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's even sadder is that they would have probably gotten away with it (people still out there using the "then don't buy it" argument), had the game not had such performance issues, but people are annoyed with the latter and the microtransactions just add to their frustration.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Microtransactions for fast travel? Jesus.

You can get it in game but its relatively rare. Apparently you can buy a one use jail key to get out of jail if you end up there for a quid fifty too!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bargain!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's now coming out that reviewers were made aware of the micro transactions - but not a single one mentioned it. It was sent in review documents. Not dodgy at all.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm .... very sus. Can I use one of pawns as a form of transport?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh btw once you create a character you cannot delete it. Ever. Even if you manually delete your save. There's a fucking stupid PC workaround, but that's it. You need to rejig your character on game. Apparently you cannot have more than one character. You can pay for the rejig crystals though!

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess I'll wait for Dragons Dogma 2: Dark Arisen Game of the Year Edition, then.

That new Alone in the Dark is okay. I've heard people complain about the puzzles but the ANSWERS ARE IN FRONT OF YOU. I had the hint system turned on but figured everything out via the notes and journals you pick up. Watched a fella just now massively overthink a lock combination and then moan how cryptic is was. Just fucking read. As such, it felt like a breezy campaign at 11 hours. Combat is pretty useless, even if you do have some options for distraction and stealth. Everything dies with bullets apart from the one thing that obviously doesn't. It's a shame the two campaigns are, "Now I'm doing the thing you just did." I did Jodie Comer's campaign and David Harbours is just that except he wears a hat and sounds slightly less distressed. The only reason to do the other campaign is for trophies and collectibles.

So yeah, it looks fine and the story is some daft Lovecraftian standard which has a couple of decent tricks. Not bad, not great. It hasn't settled into a Resi Remake mould and hasn't gone Silent Hill so much with the psychological horror. It feels more like its own thing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw Nier Automata is 60% off on Steam (16 euros whatever that translated to in pounds). Definitely recommend it, one of the best games I've played and I'm not even into that anime-ish type of game usually. Replicant is also 60% off but I haven't played that yet so couldn't say.