User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is the MASSIVE-est derby this month?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tottenham vs. Arsenal (02/03)

3 16.67%
  • El Clasico Mate (02/03)

4 22.22%
  • Merseyside derby (03/03)

1 5.56%
  • Milan derby (17/03)

2 11.11%
  • Some random game John Arne will post about (??/??)

4 22.22%
  • That Mitchell & Webb video must be over a decade old, Webly, you arse.

1 5.56%
  • Some other derby nobody cares about

3 16.67%

Thread: March '19 football, featuring DERBIES

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was amazing. Can't think for a better way for PSG to go out.

VAR is going to wreck football. Away from the comedy handballs that always look 100% deliberate in slo-motion (I'd have given that one last night, but I wouldn't say I was impartial) the game is going to be (even more) about falling over convincingly in the opponent's penalty area, cf the other tie.

What was the deal with the 9 minutes of added time? I'm sure the penalty incident happened after 90 minutes, and it was taken on 93, so at most they should have added another 3 and not 6.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    That was amazing. Can't think for a better way for PSG to go out.

VAR is going to wreck football. Away from the comedy handballs that always look 100% deliberate in slo-motion (I'd have given that one last night, but I wouldn't say I was impartial) the game is going to be (even more) about falling over convincingly in the opponent's penalty area, cf the other tie.

What was the deal with the 9 minutes of added time? I'm sure the penalty incident happened after 90 minutes, and it was taken on 93, so at most they should have added another 3 and not 6.
    It's going to be like DRS in that everyone will suddenly realise that about 50% more penalties should be given than are given, and so you're going to be playing for them. It wouldn't surprise me if set pieces come back into vogue as there's no real way of reliably defending against them other than committing fouls which are usually ignored.