User Tag List

Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,900 of 2417

Thread: Football Manager 23

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dorking is the least football-y place ever to get a football team as high as they are. Basically your postcard small southern English town with rolling hills, cut glass accents and really awful parking arrangements. Buena suerte.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gateshead put six past them at the weekend. They should be ashamed.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Inverted wing-backs seem completely OP, to the point where they seem almost necessary to make a good tactic. Then again that seems to be almost the case in real football so perhaps I should stop complaining.
    Is this what Trent does?

Gonna switch to them and see if things improve, cos my form has took a bad turn.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doing bizarrely well in the second season

It's a game of two halves, sick as a parrot. My home form is the best in the division and my away form just better than the relegation spots, I've got the best attack but also a contender for worst defence if we ignore Stoke's astounding bid to be the worst top flight team in history

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you got four Volantes as well?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the two, boxy as hell

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Inverted wing-backs seem completely OP, to the point where they seem almost necessary to make a good tactic. Then again that seems to be almost the case in real football so perhaps I should stop complaining.
    Changed to them after the first 1-1:

League is looking tasty:

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This game is so fucked.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Almost, this is what I use. Central football works incredibly incredibly well this year as WCBs on defend are superb. Sold Dodo to the Saudis for 60mil, he wasn't even playing. They'll buy anything.

Anything to not have to play Jonathan fucking Ikone.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going to bang out some IWB’s then if it works.

Managing Liverpool is fairly simple anyway but winning everything in a season has eluded me so far.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Anything to not have to play Jonathan fucking Ikone.
    Sold the cunt asap tbf

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andre Wisdom is giving me nightmares. He's classed as a good League Two player and turns out every week for me in the Conference North like an absolute machine. But he won't discuss a contract cos he says we can't afford it. Problem is if we get promoted, we've no hope of staying up without him. But on the flipside, I'm not sure we have any chance of getting promoted next season (or ever again) without him. He's that good.

Really hoping we can somehow go up through the playoffs cos money is everything, and we have none. Gonna be a hard click of continue the day Andre Wisdom departs though. What a beast. Why's he even playing for Warrington.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    16 appearances for RB Salzburg back in 2017. How odd.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shame Wisdom isn't sticking around to breast feed Davison and nurture him into his regen.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alric fresh off a boat. Take that Suella.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully the major changes in 25 include some variety with the names, you can't leave the house without meeting a Diego Spridgeon.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’ve only gone and bloody done it.

What a bunch of lads.
    Last edited by Baz; 14-11-2023 at 10:04 PM.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't have done it without Cian Tyler.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Wouldn't have done it without Cian Tyler.
    Probably true. Not sure why his appearances don’t show, presumably because his loan ended in January. He was excellent, would definitely take him (or Oliver Basey from Birmingham) back next season.

You still got Tyler, @wullie?

Aside from him there, the rest are original Warrington players. Pretty amazing, really. I think Chukwuemema will oust either Woods or IBR next season, sadly, and we could do with new fullbacks.

Attribute masking is the worst at this level though.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1860 Munich 2025/26 Season Update:

Transfers Out:

Nothing too crazy this season. Ehmann was our number 1 keeper last year but he pissed me off by constantly getting injured.

Transfers In:

Plus a load more loans, obv.

Toggle Spoiler

League:

The lowest we dropped to in the league was 16th so we were never fully in the relegation battle as we were always doing enough. The annoying thing was that we kept drawing/losing games that we dominated in xG:

Just look at that, 16 points fewer than our xPTS.

Struggled a lot in the first half of the season but we really did well in the second half.

Cup:

Only 1 cup game, annoying as we really could have won but oh well.

Squad:

I've already started selling some folks, Verlaat who will be missed said he wasn't interested in extending his contract which expires next year so I agreed to sell him and got £1.3m. Tin Matic (who I forgot to screenshot) hated me almost instantly but I couldn't sell him, now loads of teams have come in at his release clause of £235k.

I'd also like to sell Julen Jon Guerrero who hasn't progressed and I need a striker.

It's going to be gutting losing Estevao as he's developed so well on loan and became our best player, dude was unplayable in our last 10 games or so.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Esteveo's positions are quite something.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One season done!

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ‘Jeet

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only two originals started our first league game in the National League. Drew 1-1 with Rochdale though.

Pretty much signed a new team:

Andre Wisdom has gone to Colchester in League Two to win the Ballon d'Or.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Probably true. Not sure why his appearances don’t show, presumably because his loan ended in January. He was excellent, would definitely take him (or Oliver Basey from Birmingham) back next season.

You still got Tyler, @wullie?

Aside from him there, the rest are original Warrington players. Pretty amazing, really. I think Chukwuemema will oust either Woods or IBR next season, sadly, and we could do with new fullbacks.

Attribute masking is the worst at this level though.
    He's still in the u-21s I think but he'll be off on a free. Incidentally, he's possibly the tallest person I've ever seen in real life and he combined it with a 70s moustache to round off a hell of a look.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not actually that tall is he?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I noticed he is six foot eight on FM. Didn’t want to come back in season 2 so I’ve brought back the comparative dwarf in six foot four Oliver Basey from Birmingham, days after promising Warrington legend (scored a header the other week) Atherton that he didn’t need to worry as he was definitely my first choice goalkeeper.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't believe it, I've managed to con RB Leipzig into giving me £6m and 50% of next sale for this useless twat.

Signed for £130k and only managed to get a single goal out of him.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels a bit like I'm playing against the woodwork rather than against other teams at times.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spot the difference between Marc Mbappe on his profile and in a match...

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody woke mob.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Second season at Dorking is done, so here's an update for you fine people. After a promising, if unspectacular, first season, things were looking grim going into the second one. With some players leaving the club after their contracts expired we went into the new summer transfer window with just 13 players in the first squad. The wage budget was exactly the same as last season so things were looking rough. And rough they were. A total of 5 players joined the club, with one of them being a loanee, and then we simply had no money left to even offer amateur contracts (the board wouldn't allow me to offer bonuses higher than 1 euro). Four of those five players went straight into the first team. Those signings, plus a player promoted from the academy out of necessity meant that we went into the season with 19 players, with 3 goalkeepers so something else would be needed for us to even stay at the same level as last season. And that something else was a tactical revamp. Or well, not so much a revamp but careful tweaks here and there. The efforts were largely focused at the defensive end. We finished last season as top scorers in the league with 113 goals, but conceded a ridiculous 82 goals, in what was in essence a relegation-level defence. A big part of that came from set-pieces, so different routines were introduced, with the rest of the tactical changes being mostly in terms of overall team mentality, with more pressing and a bit higher tempo being the main focus. Did those changes actually make an impact?

That they did. Our attack remained just as strong, scoring 125 goals, breaking the league record in the process. Our defensive record was also much better, but at 60 goals conceded I was still not happy with it. And it almost cost us. We spent almost the entire season in 1st place, even building a 9-point lead at some point, however we started conceding more and more goals and wins we would usually edge out turned to draws and draws turned to losses and that almost cost us. We were in fact losing the title until the last 20 minutes of the last game, when we scored the winner and Chesterfield conceded an equaliser (although their result wouldn't end up mattering since we had the superior goal difference). That they somehow managed to mess the playoffs up, losing 4-1 at home to Rochdale in the semis was quite the surprise to me. To be a bit more fair to my players, when you have as small a squad as we did, it was inevitable that we'd start dropping more points as the season went on.

We also made it to the third round of the FA Cup, after beating League Two outfits Accrington (2-1 at home) and Colchester (3-1 away), before understandably getting knocked out by Nottingham Forest (3-0 away). That resulted in a decent chunk of money coming our way, which essentially kept us afloat.

Cashman was our marquee signing of the season and one we didn't actually need, but he was too good to pass up. And since we indulged, I decided to adjust my tactics to him being better as a shadow striker and we benefitted massively from it, with him scoring 28 and assisting 10 (albeit some from the striker position when Seager was injured). Seager was just as good as last season, but ended up finishing the season with fewer goals this time around, courtesy of fewer games due to a 2-month injury, as well as the tactical tweaks that saw him "sharing" his goals with the rest of the attackers. Another player that has to be mentioned is Briggs. He was the best winger in the club, however the main reason I want to mention him is that he's been at Dorking since 2015, when they were playing in the 8th tier. Legend. Special mentions should also go to our loanee keeper that was a significant step up over the previous goalkeeper, as well as the backup striker who frequently got us out of sticky situations when Seager wasn't on his day.

So what's next? Obviously the goal is to survive League Two. It will be a hard task. Our wage budget has increased from 20k to 31k euros p/w, which would still only be the 6th highest wage budget in the National League, so a challenge awaits. Having beaten two League Two teams in the FA cup has led me to the decision to keep every player we already have and just build around that core. Sure some will lose their starter spot, but my aim is to still keep them at the club, have a healthy squad in terms of size this time around and give it our best shot.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 16-11-2023 at 11:16 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Cian Tyler now Danny Cashman, Cov reserves are absolutely fuelling lower league success.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this Warrington chat, and the fact my FM playing friend is from Warrington and is doing a save, has made me pull the trigger on a Taunton save. Already got Tyler in on loan, and I've got another Coventry RB on the way in too.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's Dermi Lusala, congratulations in advance on your league win.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not. 'Coventry would prefer Dermi Lusala to play with higher quality players' .

It's Nana Owusu-Gyimah.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After a brilliant start, we hit a small blip. Still got high hopes of going up.
    Francesco Pio Esposito scoring 11 in 9 is a big help and Javier Pastore is, as always, a real touch of class.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1860 Munich 2026/27 Season Update:

Transfers out:

Big transfer was Wamba who was useless for us so £6m plus 50% of his next sale was massive. I didn't really want to lose Verlaat as he was highly influential and solid but he wasn't going to sign a new contract. I also didn't want to sell Emirhan (and it upset a few players) but the offer was too good I felt for someone who isn't amazing.

Transfers In:

I really like him and he started well for us but then turned to crap.

Scouts loved him before I bought him but he's wank and has barely progressed this year. His PA has also dropped a lot now so looks like a bust, thankfully he didn't cost much.

Went hefty on this guy as I liked him as did my scouts. Has done alright in League Two this year and got plenty of minutes.

Uzelac has played a lot this year but has been very inconsistent, got a lot of minutes early in the season though and I think he's going to be good.

Very cheap lad who looks ok, nice price too.

Having to train him as a CDM and I think he could be really good there.

If he progresses I think he could be mustard.

Maybe a bit much for him and he wasn't all that interested in coming to us so I had to make him a star player, which could end in tears soon.

I like this guy a lot, he hasn't had too many minutes due to all the loan players but he could be in for a big year next season.

Had to get board approval for this guy as I didn't have money but they were very happy to let it through. Will be going on loan next season.

We also had this guy join on a free. I think he's pretty wank but he cost nothing and my scouts liked him at the time.

League:

We made a late run for promotion and as soon as I started to believe we could do it we bottled it. Team was seriously good at times this year but were also dogshit at others.

DFB Pokal:

Can't believe we lost this.

Squad:

Lots of loans again and Josh Watts was incredible for us. He started slowly (much like Estevao last year) but progressed so fast and is so good now.

He's the best player in the league now and I really want to keep him but Aston Villa aren't having it right now. Won the golden boot by 5 goals.

Luis Hasa continues to be our best permanent player.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    It feels a bit like I'm playing against the woodwork rather than against other teams at times.
    Just as a bit of an example, I'm 7 games in and we've hit the woodwork 6 times, with the opposition hitting it a further 4. That can't be reasonable. And it was exactly the same for the entirety of the previous two seasons.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having problems with corners.

I conceded 14 this season and only scored 3. Awful.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having problems with corners.

I conceded 14 this season and only scored 3. Awful.
    What's your setup?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DS's short corner routine and then 2 I grabbed off the workshop. Both of which are near post.

The defensive one I used the standard Hybrid One Forward which wasn't working, then changed to zonal one I found on the workshop. That hasn't worked either.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tinkered a bit last season and ended up with this one when defending:

We went from 18 to 4 conceded between seasons, although we did have improvements in the goalkeeper and defense as well so it's not all down to the routine.

It hasn't been as good this season, but that could be down to our team being massively inferior to the rest of the league, so maybe you could give it a try.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give it a try, cheers.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give it a try, cheers.
    When I said it's not working that good this season, we had conceded 3 in 6, but it seems to have been a coincidence since we are now at 3 in 19, so it should still be adequate.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'd have blown this lead, I'd have probably given up.

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ffs.

One of my defenders wanted to leave last year, I said he could go if we got a bid of £11m (well over his value) and this year I decided to sell him, ideally looking for around £5.5m.

He's gotten annoyed so far that I rejected bids below that £11m, I think the best was £5.75m rising to £8m.

I finally get a decent offer of a loan with a mandatory buy option which is around £7.5m all told with 50% next sale but the prick has rejected them.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our latest signing @wullie:

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yes, he saved us a point the other season with a peach of a goal in injury time and he's one of those players people are convinced will be amazing if given the chance. Spotted Kwame Thomas a few posts up as well, Cov alumni absolutely everywhere in non-league

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ffs.

One of my defenders wanted to leave last year, I said he could go if we got a bid of £11m (well over his value) and this year I decided to sell him, ideally looking for around £5.5m.

He's gotten annoyed so far that I rejected bids below that £11m, I think the best was £5.75m rising to £8m.

I finally get a decent offer of a loan with a mandatory buy option which is around £7.5m all told with 50% next sale but the prick has rejected them.
    The team he rejected was Sporting Gijon in La Liga.

On deadline day he accepted a loan offer (with no option to buy sadly) from Teruel who are in the 4th tier of Spain. What?