User Tag List

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1315

Thread: Football Manager 2020

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bright start and some nice transfer listed summer acquisitions gave me hope for my second stab at the premier league but now the January window is open it seems like I have to gamble to turn it around. A frustrating amount of late winning goals conceded, the market for defenders is unfortunately either not interested, too expensive or not good enough. Think I might just have to scoop up as many decent prospects as I can and have them ready for next time round.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lofty is our very own Neil Warnock.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2033/34

After a worldwide poll, we moved into the 525000-seater Coventry Stadium, leaving the creaky Ricoh Arena to dwindling rugby fans (hopefully real life follows through with the same promise).

Lost the Charity Shield miserably 3-0 to Man Utd, then it went alright after

Ed Virtue became the club's all-time top league goalscorer on his way to a fourth consecutive PL golden boot and both FWA and PFA Player of the year awards, not good enough for a single England cap still.

Won a second League Cup beating Chelsea on penalties after a scintillating 0-0 draw, were beaten in the FA Cup 5th round by West Brom after clearly putting too much energy into beating Spurs 7-0 in the previous round.

Champions League

Pulled one out of the bag a couple of times to get past Barcelona and Real Madrid and then the season ended the same way it started with a final against Man Utd

All the lads

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that capacity a typo?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine 525k people watching Coventry

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoops, may be an accidental zero in there somewhere. Although, the board have agreed to expand by 3000 seats already so give it a few decades or so

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen things where people run the game on 300 years and you really do get stadia that size.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've taken on a game with Fenerbahce and about half way through leading the goal scoring charts are Cameron Jerome, Hudo Rodallega and Arouna Kone, yet I can't get the vastly superior Muriqi to come close to scoring

Every team has a cluster of players you remember from about 10 years ago, it really is a horrible league and I'm hanging on to my job by a thread after a 4-1 home defeat by a Hugo Rodallega inspired Denizilspor.
    Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 23-07-2020 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Sometimes I run into league games like this against the absolute shite (newly promoted wank, shitty little ground miles from anywhere on the Ukrainian border, not a single player who would get into my wider 30 man squad, one win all season) and it's so eminently clear early on that they are going to beat us with a swaggering comfortable ease, no matter what we do in the game, that my only recourse is to stick some music like this on in the background and pretend I have been taken hostage by local organised crime and my body is about to be fished up from the bottom of the Danube, like a Hungarian-themed version of this scene from The Wire.

If I did anything else, I would just seethe myself into an early grave.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First youth intake and this our best player:

Doesn't look like he'll be amazing but could be very good in the league.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I knew there had to be a reason Ed Virtue wasn't getting called up for England. Not football ability, good old fashioned bigotry!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In defence of the terrible yoyoing my Oldham save is experiencing I will point out I foolishly only loaded England when I set the save up so it probably doesn't help that I am wading in a very shallow pool of players. I may even road the same save when I max this one out at 30 seasons and see what the difference is running three nations (FM Touch max) is.

On the PC version (which I do have but it's not convenient for racking a proper save on right now) I would routinely spend one session just sifting players to scout but I run out of players to sift quite quickly, I curse my scouts for being crap but there may well just not be that much to scout. For instance when I look through Spain, Bilbao have 4 signable players and Villareal have none. Signed a couple of defenders this january and am now on a 'not winning run' as opposed to a 'losses in a row run'

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had the bright idea of changing skins this morning and the game wouldn't load, ended up having to reinstall meaning my only save I can retrieve is the steam cross sync one which I bet is five seasons behind. At least I can start with a large datatbase now I suppose.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the star system related to the ability of your squad? Or is it related to the ability of the players in each position within your squad?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's relative to your whole squad. I've never had more than a couple of 4.5 stars+ in the squad at once.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 24-07-2020 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's relative to the squad. If you sign a 4 star keeper to replace your three star keeper his star may drop slightly when he arrives but so will your existing keeper relative to the new keeper. Explains the annoying 'my scouts said he was pele but when I signed him they changed their mind' thing.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell, I remember when my task was 'don't get relegated, but it's alright if you do really'

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giving you an easy ride, imo. Best youth system in the solar system should be a bare minimum.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Had the bright idea of changing skins this morning and the game wouldn't load, ended up having to reinstall meaning my only save I can retrieve is the steam cross sync one which I bet is five seasons behind. At least I can start with a large datatbase now I suppose.
    I'm not falling for this. BOTTLE JOB.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to talk them down from really specific tasks like concentrating on set pieces and possession. We gave the world kick and rush and that's how we rule it

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had this. I just deleted the preferences folder so it went back to the default skin.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished the 29/30 season.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Are these the regen faces the game creates now or have you downloaded a pack?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Downloaded a pack. DS sent me the link.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suwon Bluewings/Brazil 2027/28 season:

League:

I was hoping we might win the league but had a meltdown near the end of the season which ended our chances.

Fixtures:

The league then split into two groups:

And we struggled to secure wins. That 5-5 with Jeonbuk was after they had been declared champions so I just wanted to try and put on a special match for everyone watching.

Transfers In:

Our marquee signing, £1.5m and someone I had recently discovered whilst with Ireland.

£120k. Wanted him to provide some depth and my scouts were fairly high on him.

£140k. I want to fill up the squad with as many half-decent Korean prospects as possible due to the squad restrictions.

£650k and he was better than our current options in the centre of midfield.

Transfers out:

A 35 year old Korean and two crap 33 year old Koreans to make the squad a bit younger.

Squad:

Losing some to the military and I've also sealed a move for Mohamed and I will be looking to sell Paltogiou to bring in another foreigner.

We have just over £3m in the transfer budget so I'll be bringing in a lot more Korean youth too.

Brazil:

Currently leading the qualification group by 3 points over Argentina after 12 games and we've qualified for the World Cup.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ferencvaros - season 9
    We had Young Boys in the CL qualifier, which was frankly a walk in the park and it took us through to yet another group stage appearance in the 3rd pot of seeds. This time we got slightly more luck as out came Milan, RB Leipzig and PSV - good sides, but not the absolute elite. We duly started with a grubby 2-1 win away at the Philips or whatever PSV's ground is called (6 season ex-Preston stalwart, Josh Harrop, getting the winner) before returning to Budapest and being absolutely monstered 5-1 by Leipzig, who are a consistently decent outfit really. Milan had managed to lose their first two and we burgled a 2-0 home win before losing 2-0 there to leave the group delicately poised. However, all we really needed was a home win over PSV and poacher-in-chief Mazzonetto, roaring back into form in 26/27 after a barren 25/26, nudged one in from about 0.3 yards at the third attempt as only he can. That takes us through to the Champions League knockout stages for the third time.

Wales - Nations League
    We found ourselves in the top tier joining the punchy Scots, and newly minted world champions Holland. A 5-0 cunting of Scotland was followed up by a plucky 4-2 loss in tulip land in which we had twice led. Scotland were a tougher cookie at Hampden but Harry Wilson led us to a 2-1 win, sending them into Nations League Division B tae think again. In the final game we had to beat Holland by two to qualify for the, well, the medium-sized dance. This did not happen but we did notch a famous 2-1 home win over the world champions to match them on points and beat them on goal difference, but find ourselves edged out on head to head record.

There I was, after that, waiting for the Euro qualifiers to be drawn, and I looked down the list and did not see our name. This was confusing until I realised that, yes, we - along with Scotland - have been selected to host Euro 2028, the big wigs at UEFA evidently deciding that Wrexham, Swansea and Kilmarnock will make fitting venues for the 24 best sides in European football to strut their stuff. This presents us with a great opportunity to have a daring run at the big prize with what must be the best Welsh team, certainly going forward, ever assembled. Here are our heroes:

Toggle Spoiler

Far from the rentboy-looking imp of real life, Ben Woodburn is a folk hero and stud in this game, playing all across the front line and the all time record goalscorer for Wales.

Toggle Spoiler

Gethin Jones is his rival for the lone striker berth and also boasts a magnificent international record.

Toggle Spoiler

RB Leipzig could not ignore the talents of Alan Powell and they paid an indifferent Man Utd only £15 million for his services - looks a snip to me. He runs the side.

Toggle Spoiler

What Bale once was to the Welsh left, Nathan Lawless now is to its right, a sublime talent who has been at City but is now on loan at Villa along with several of his Welsh team mates.

Toggle Spoiler

At 29 the elder statesman of the Famous Five, Harry Wilson is vastly experienced and still often causes havoc down that left wing.

With that lot in the saddle (usually 4 of the 5 on pitch at any one time, and who cares at the back), we are destined to rule the world and become the new by-word for footballing dominance.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Phillips is coming to Korea!

Signing in 6 months but I'm hoping to gather £500k so I can bring him over ASAP.

Edit: Took a week and I got him for £475k.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 25-07-2020 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just surveying the thread, how many are playing on a laptop? Be interested to see the specs, and is anyone using an SSD?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play on a desktop with an SSD, I have loaded up the save a few times (good old cloud saving) on an older laptop, I added extra ram and an SSD and it’s perfectly fine.

This one: https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops...series/g50-70/
    Last edited by Mike; 25-07-2020 at 08:45 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just surveying the thread, how many are playing on a laptop? Be interested to see the specs, and is anyone using an SSD?
    I am playing on a laptop with a 1.3g processor and 8MB ram, it chugs along reasonably smoothly.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks gents, trying to identify a budget laptop with enough scope to run the next few versions and a big database etc.

Mike: is it rapid with SSD?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really noticeable, though I've not tried it without. The processor and ram is far more important for FM really. Like an SSD is good for loading stuff in, but for processing results and stuff, it doesn't do much. You should however get an SSD, because they're brilliant in general.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished season 2059/60. You may recall that I scraped to survival in the previous season in the Scottish Championship (or Division 1 on FM11) last season.

Well this season was massively different having been able to keep my star striker and also sign another striker who was 32 yrs old and probably too good for my team.

We absolutely stormed the league going unbeaten all season and winning the Challenge Scottish Cup.

The downside was on the financial side. As our stadium capacity was only 5,000, we were losing between circa 150k-200k a month. I tried to stem the flow with some friendlies and luckily we had an away game to Hearts in the Scottish Cup which brought in 700k. So we started the season with circa £3m, but ended it with £2m. Once we achieved promotion, the board decided to install under-soil heating and spend £1.9m! Hence i have no money in the pre-season and my start striker signed a pre-contract with Leicester in the closing stages of the season.

Results from the season. Look at that run of games not conceding a goal.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under soil-heating takes me back to 2001.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 2060-61

Just finished Ayr Utd's first ever season in the top flight. Pretty decent season considering we were tipped for rock bottom (12th). The season splitting in 2 towards the end is a bit odd, but i retained 6th despite having less points that 7th which was a relief. We made it to the semi finals of the Scottish Cup before going out on pens to Dundee. Bit annoying as i was hoping it might give me entry into Europe. Managed to win manager of the season, which was nice.

The squad in preseason (less any players being sold who are in the reserves and less any incoming players due in on 1st July once their contracts expire).

I'm hoping for more of this as we need money to start competing with Rangers, Hearts and Celtic who are dominating the league.

This seems a lot of money for not much gain! I only had £2m in the bank...

Aim for next season:
    Improve the squad, get some more money and achieve top 6 finish again.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loaded up the Oldham save I salvaged from Steam and it's worse than I feared, it was summer 2032 when I made the fatal error. Just got the cross sync save on and it's November 2022

Second in League One though, probably easier to run with it from here than start entirely again.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schalke came in with a bid for him and after some negotiating we settled on £15m + 50% next sale

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm shite at negotiating, you've played a blinder there. He has excellent physicals but for me I would be expecting better crossing and dribbling for that money, even if he is 18.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't interested in selling so just put up £20m and they came back with £7.5m.

I was hoping for £10m at that point but they were happy to hand over £15m.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

£22.5m, 50% next sale and a friendly from Dortmund \0/.

Edit: Or £31m and 40% profit from Porto.

Edit: Took Dortmund's offer.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 28-07-2020 at 12:51 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

Is that Pham Manh Hung from Hai Phong?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahow jizzing in his bibimbap about 50% future sales when he’ll be managing Newcastle Jets by the time that money comes in.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Is that Pham Manh Hung from Hai Phong?
    It isn't, it's a regen:

My board were SEETHING at me for spending £375k on him but he's one of our best performers.

The Hai Phong one stayed there until he retired and is now an unemployed manager who hasn't found work since retiring a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Mahow jizzing in his bibimbap about 50% future sales when he’ll be managing Newcastle Jets by the time that money comes in.
    I like to ensure that any clubs I go to are set up financially. When I came in we had £7m in the bank, there's now £35.5m and two potentially huge sell on clauses to come in.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monsieur Hood.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So in my Oldham reloaded save I manage to scrape promotion, had a good run intitially then form fell away so I signed every loan player I could get my hands on in January and managed to improve every position I made a signing in. I managed to sign one on to a permanent contract but the rest are doing the annoying loan thing where their contracts are due to expire within a week but they aren't approachable, and will no doubt sign new deals at the last minute.

Form picked up again in the second half of the season but there were a couple of wobbles and a few idiotic sendings off meant I dropped needless points and finished third. Battered Oxford 6-2 on aggregate in the play off semi's then squeaked by a Hull side that had been top for the first few months of the season 1-0 in the final.

I prefer to play with an AMC but in the lost save I had changed to using a DM because I didn't get a quality upgrade in. This time I am hoping to stick with my principles but will need more reinforcements. The club was taken over during the play offs meaning I go into the championship with £4.2m to spend and 100k wage budget. I am currently working back through my shortlist working out who to snap up on free transfers and who to remove. I already got 5 released PL youth players in to send out on loan immediately, though a 36 year old Mario Mandzukic snubbed my offer.

How highly do people put stock in stuff like 'doesn't enjoy big matches'?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't.

I just look at attributes and anything extra (that is positive) is an added bonus. Negative stuff like that I just ignore.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxford City - 2043/2044

Season Summary

We romped home to our 9th Premier League title and our 6th on the spin. I'm not too sure what happened to both Man United and Liverpool but both had tragic seasons.

Diguinho once again finished as the leagues top goal scorer with 22 although he scored 37 in all competition which was pleasing. He's probably scored around 160 goals in his seven seasons at the club which is some feat given the exploits of Yan Canti over the years.

Robert Awany who broke into the team last season finally cemented one of the centre back positions as his own and gained three caps along the way.

Miltao tried to break the stranglehold up front held by fellow Brazilians Yan Canti and Diguinho

Tough ask but he's still got plenty of time.

Finally, Hassan Saidi was impressive on the right of midfield but I need to get rid for his wage alone. I spend nearly £1M a week alone on him and my son.

Speaking of my son,

Timber Rood has had another great campaign.

He's played 416 league games and scored 114 times, assisting 125 times. Unfortunately FM Touch only allows you to view the current season but I estimate he's played around 700+ times given he's got over 100 caps (for England ) and has Europe/Domestic Cups.

Still has at least 6/7 years in him.

Domestic Cups

Charity Shield

Chelsea were our opponents in the seasons opener and a hattrick from Yan Canti followed Junior's early screamer as we won 4-2.

EFL Cup

A local derby as we entertained Oxford United in the 3rd round, winning by three as centre back Ognjen Rajic scored an unlikely treble without reply. Chelsea followed in round four and so we put out the first team, a double by Diguinho and a strike by Saidi put us through to the quarter finals. Leicester were our opponents and despite scoring early in the first half we were pegged back late in the second but secured the win on penalties. Fulham lay in wait in the semi's and took us to a 1-1 draw in the first leg. It took a 95th minute goal from Yan Canti to keep us in the competition as we drew 1-1 in the 2nd too. We once again won on penalties.

Man City would grace the final alongside us and a 2-1 win was all that was needed, Aliu Sanca and Diguinho giving us our fourth EFL Cup.

FA Cup

Grimsby Town were dismantled by six goals to nil in the 3rd round, Miltao scoring three, Diguinho grabbing a brace and my son scoring in the final minute from the penalty spot. Dad rules.

West Ham met Yan Canti in the 4th round, his strike and Sanca's minutes later secured a 2-0 win and a passage to the 5th round. Leeds were powerless to stop us progressing to the Quarter Finals as we won 3-0.

Brighton took us to extra time after a 2-2 draw in normal time, a little disappointing to throw away a two goal lead but after Rajic made it 3-3 in extra time, I almost anticipated pens but Yan Canti and the under used Ryan Roche scored late in the day.

Semi finals and Manchester City were out to avenge the EFL Cup defeat but had no such look as our Brazilian maestro Yan Canti scored the games only goal. Sunderland were our final opponents and there was no way we were losing that. Our 4-0 win merely confirming as much. It was our 7th FA Cup title, our fourth on the trot which was the first time any club had managed such a feat.

Champions League

We hammered our group with six wins from six against VfB Stuttgard, Atletico Madrid and FC Kobvenhavn. Inter Milan were our first knock out round opponents and surprisingly we lost the first leg 2-1 but the Italians were no match for us back at the John Woodley Stadium as we won the return 4-2 to set up a tie against Man City in the quarters. We fancied our chances merely because we'd had Man City's number for a while now but I didn't anticipate the 0-0 at the Etihad as it left us open for the 2nd leg. I needn't had worried as we went through 3-0 rather comfortably which is more than can be said for the semi finals and our German opponents, Bayern Munich who took us all the way, again at the John Woodley Stadium and again we only managed a 0-0. Two first half goals in the return fixture helped ease our fears that we might once again miss our on European glory however as we won it 3-2 and would face Arsenal, the same Arsenal who ended our European streak in the first place.

Boom!

Number 7 in the bag and back to being European Champions.

No transfers once again, the same will apply next season then I'll gut the remainder of the squad and work with a minimal one so my youngsters are always subs or on the fringes.