User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2KXX Games Thread

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019/20 Season 1 Summer Business - Charlotte Hornets

Much to do in the market in getting rid of the wasters on the books and snapping up some of those valuable future 1st round picks.

Players Released

Biyombo, Hernangomez, McDaniels, Bacon & Martin.

Took a couple of high earners off the roster and freed up over $20m overall. In fact, everyone in the last year of their deal left the franchise.

Free Agency Signings

Tacko Fall (C) 69 - 4yr/$21.5m deal
    Kostas Antetokounmpo (C) 71 - 4yr/$17.2m deal
    Jared Harper (PG) 68 - 4yr/$9.46m deal
    Jordan Bone (PG) 69 - 4yr/$15.05m deal
    Nerlens Noel (C) 77 - 2yr/$17.22m deal
    William Floyd (PG|SG) 68 - 4yr/$8.8m deal

Some familiar names there, but keen to see what I can get out of Tacko Fall and William Floyd over a longer save like this. Also found another Antetokounmpo on my searches, this one the youngest of the three and recently released by the Lakers. He looks like Giannis on court, but that's where the similarities end for now. I've converted him to play Power Forward and we'll see where we go with him.

Trades

Binned off Rozier III, Zeller and Zeller (ultimately, after many trades to get there) for first round picks from Pistons (2021 & 2024), Knicks (2023) and Spurs (2024).

The Draft

We had three picks, one first rounder and two second rounders.

R1 P5: Carl George - SF - 76 Rated, A+ Potential
    R2 P2: Troy Anderson - C 72 Rated, B+ Potential
    R2 P26: Timmy Carlisle - SF - 71 Rated, A- Potential

Quite pleased with Carl George and his A+ potential. The Knicks got first pick and took Jo Jo White ahead of Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (presumably because of already having Robinson and no decent Point Guard.

For 2021 I've loaded the 1960 class (complete with Jerry West) to mix things up a bit.

The Roster

Season Expectations

Given we finished last season with a 3-13 record from the point I took over, including losing the last 10, we're going to struggle. The team isn't any worse, but as I've gone for potential it isn't any better either, so a strong draft pick is probably the aim. Well, that coupled with winning enough games to avoid destroying my player's ratings.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got four first rounders for Rozier and Zeller? That's daylight robbery.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a bit of a faff and I can't break it down as it's no longer in the trade history, but yeah. Shame I can't as I don't know enough about Basketball to know which trade was the ridiculous one in the sequence.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ffs.

Lost a challenge in MyTeam to Cavs 2010 right at the death and I just played it again and demolished them but my connection cut out so it counted as a loss...

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does the grinding in this compare to FIFA?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no SBCs although there are sets which you can put specific players into to gain either tokens (which can be used on certain packs or certain players).

No real objectives (there are some but they're mainly lifetime ones which offer a bit of MT or tokens).

You then have a few game modes to play.

1. Domination - There are 3 main cards up for grabs in this and you play through each conference choosing your difficulty which increases your rewards. Very outdated though.

2. Triple Threat Online/Offline - You pick 3 players for your team. On offline when you win you get a chance to open the vault (contains tokens, MT, player rewards) and their are certain win rewards too. On online when you win you get to "drop the ball", more wins (5-0 is max) the better your potential rewards.

3. Unlimited - Their version of FUT Champs in a way. It runs throughout the month and if you can go 12-0 you win the player of the month. I've never played because there is apparently a lot of sweat/cheesing/I'm too shit.

4. Single player challenges - The bread and butter for offline really (they have online ones too, never tried them) where you play games to earn rewards. This is the big grind and most people are doing them for either Kobe (HUGE grind) or Larry Bird. You get a lot of rewards for doing these but they need a lot of hours.

I'm currently doing the Bird ones and to those there are 5 decades (70s-10s) to complete with 10 matches in each decade. There are no squad requirements but all the opponents are filled with the best players for each team and they're 5 minute quarters on Superstar.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 20-06-2020 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting.

Will all that stuff you can grind for be available even after NBA2K21 is out?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020/21 Season 2 All Star Break Update - Charlotte Hornets

So we've made it to the All-Star break with a quite magnificent 8-46 record. As you can see from the below this is playing merry havoc with the overall ratings of my players, but is exactly where I wanted to be in terms of a challenge. On the plus side this should give us a 14% chance to get the number 1 pick.

On the playing front Devonte Graham is our leading scorer with 16.8ppg (putting him 54th in the NBA ), Tacko Fall our leading rebounder with 7.8rpg (42nd in the NBA) and blocks 1.4bpg (23rd in NBA), Graham top again this time in assists 4.4apg (54th) and steals 1.4spg (25th). In fact the only stat we're competitive in as a team is 3 pointers, with William Floyd leading the charge there with 2.8 per game (putting him at a lofty 19th in the NBA).

Upcoming free agents of note (85+) without any options are Giannis, Jason Tatum, Donovan Mitchell, Bam Adebayo, Rudy Gobert, De'Aaron Fox, John Collins and Derrick Rose. Would be nice to get one of those should any wish to join the worst franchise in NBA history.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Interesting.

Will all that stuff you can grind for be available even after NBA2K21 is out?
    Yeah. The challenges are locked in forever.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020/21 Season 2 Summary - Charlotte Hornets

Right, finally caught up with the updates and this is as far as I've reached in the save.

Losing the last 10 in a row saw us finish on a 10-72 record, it could have been 11-71, but I spaffed a chance to beat the Cavs when missing a buzzer 2 pointer. In terms of all time I think that only puts us 3rd for shit seasons, with the 76ers managing a 9-73 record in 1972/73 and our own 7-59 back in 2011/12.

In other news the Golden State Warriors took their 7th Championship with a win over the Celtics and Giannis won his 3rd regular season MVP in a row.

Toggle Spoiler

Onto the draft and we had two first round picks going in, our own and that of the Detroit Pistons (who finished 12th in the East), so high hopes of actually getting a cracking pick from the lottery this year. Draft class is the 1960 one, with Oscar Robertson and Jerry West looking most promising.

The Lottery

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020/21 Season 2 Off-Season Summary - Charlotte Hornets

So into the off-season and with our picks in the draft we took the following:

The Draft

R1 P1: Jerry West - PG, 82 Rated, A+ Potential
    R1 P8: Lester Keefe - SG/PF, 70 Rated, A- Potential
    R2 P21: David Johnson - C/PF, 69 Rated, B Potential

Happy with West, but I automated scouting during the season and had I not I really would have picked up a better player from 8th pick than Keefe. As it was I could see barely anyone's full stats as it appeared my scouts (left to their own devices) got bored once finding out about half of what there was to know about a player.

Released Players

Renewed all of the players that had an option, but ended up letting Malik Monk and Devonte Graham go, which may be a mistake, but they both wanted in excess of $17m a year and I'd rather give the new guys and the other players already there more game time.

Signings and Trades

Toggle Spoiler

Season 3 Roster

Probably weaker than last year, but much more potential. Excited to use West and I've elevated Floyd into the first team. Bridges contract is an issue and having lost Monk and Graham for nothing I may have to make a call on whether to keep him beyond the trade deadline or cash in on him for a pick.

Other News

Giannis decided not to stay at the Bucks, signing for the Spurs instead. This is annoying as it probably makes the 2024 First Round pick I got from them worthless.

Season Aims

Winning more than 10 regular season games would be nice.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021/22 Season 3 Summary - Charlotte Hornets

Absolute disaster this. Beset by injuries from day 1, our threadbare squad won the opener then proceeded to lose an unprecedented 41 (yes, forty-one) games in a row. 2 of our 5 wins came in the last 10 games, so I suppose one could say we ended the season in some sort of form. Ultimately the squad depth is not good enough and it showed horribly. Michael Jordan will be coming through the draft in two years time and I'm going to chuck everything at getting him, including Jerry West if I have to.

The Portland Trailblazers won only their second ever championship, beating a resurgent Chicago Bulls in the final.

Season 4 Roster

We got 5th pick in the draft (after that season I don't know how either) and drafted Purvis Short, a small forward who looks half decent. He can phase out Miles Bridges as back up to the starting five, as young Miles seems to be squandering what little talent he has.

West is improving hugely, with Carl George also into the mid-80s now. PJ Washington the best of what I started with. Lots of contracts expiring this season, so I'll be doing some trading to capitalise on that, hopefully for some picks, as there are a few I don't want to keep.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd sacrifice Fall and go small ball if I were you. Move Washington to center and put Bridges at the PF. If your squad is shit the last thing you want to be doing is using the shot clock against superior defences. Have a look at Mike D'Antoni's "seven seconds or less" philosophy if you're interested.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks 7om, you can select 7 seconds as a playstyle in the game. I'm not really feeling this save though, there's nothing romantic about the Charlotte Hornets so I may take a break for a bit and come back with something else.

Gutted I started the Knicks save on what turned out to be a too easy difficulty level.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, one last attempt at getting into a save for this. If that fails it's onto non-sporting games (not made by Bethesda).

Set the difficulty to Superstar and the sim difficulty to 83. Contract sliders as per the video above. This should keep the challenge going. For the game I'm going to go with putting a couple of the pre-set expansion teams into the league. St. Louis Sound go into the West and the Cincinnati Lions into the East, with me taking control of the latter.

The Expansion draft is done and we've trousered the following:

Made Bol Bol a Power Forward and he'll be our franchise player. The merch is on order. In terms of experience in the squad, Kyle Korver was a one time All-Star, Roberson made the 2nd All-Defense team in 2017 and Carmelo Anthony is obvs a future hall of famer. Deng and Bogdanovic have also made the rookie 2nd teams. I don't know enough about basketball to judge whether they've made good on that early promise, but presumably they wouldn't be here if they had.

Ambitions for the first season are a decent draft pick and some wins.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christmas Day reached in the first season and while we're bottom of the NBA, it's been a pretty enjoyable ride so far.

Reggie Jackson is our best player to date, with some silky ball handling skills on the lay up. Bol progressing nicely and I can actually score 3 pointers with 'melo. They're a bloody nightmare on Superstar difficulty.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019/20 Season 1 Summary - Cincinnati Lions

So season 1 done. Injuries and our lack of depth took their toll and with Reggie Jackson (my new favourite player) out for the last 6 weeks we slumped to 14 wins and bottom of the NBA in our debut season. St Louis Sound inexplicably made the playoffs, with the 76ers taking the Championship.

On the plus side that gave us a 13.9% chance of the top pick in our first draft...

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep them coming, Yev - any decent prospects in the draft?

This has just gone on sale, so I bought it for 150,000d, I guess $7 ( ).... It's 98 fucking GB!
    Last edited by John Arne; 26-06-2020 at 03:19 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. And yeah, I've no idea why the game is so fricking big.

Any idea who you'll be/what mode you'll play?

Off-season update on its way.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2019/20 Season 1 Off-season Summary - Cincinnati Lions

Business done and that's the squad. With our number 1 pick we took Kareem the Dream (who should already be the best centre I've used in this) and Ronny Clement with the number two pick.

A few players left so I brought in Dwight Howard, Hollis-Jefferson and Denzel Valentine to shore the roster up. We're still definitely in the rebuilding phase, but the team is getting better. 20 wins+ this season would be nice.

2020/21 Season 2 - Cincinnati Lions

Neglected to take a screen shot of the closing position, but we ended season 2 18-64, which was disappointing, but while we finished bottom of the East, St. Louis Sound in the West had a worse record than us, so progress! Injuries took their toll and with Bol still developing, Abdul-Jabbar was our only genuinely good player. On that note, he is a joy to use. His rebounding is ridiculous and he's quite agile for a big man.

I've just done the lottery and we got the 4th pick. The reporter lady made a dig at us during the presentation, questioning what we were doing in the modern NBA, this franchise will come to learn her. Howard and Anthony have retired, so in the absence of the latter we go into the draft needing a new small forward, with a couple of prospects at that position. I'm in desperate need of a quality Point Guard and Shooting Guard too, so will be going hard in free agency to get one or both.

In other news the Bucks won the championship, absolutely demolishing the field in the playoffs, only losing one game. Doncic won the regular season MVP and LeBron is closing in on the real KAJ's points scoring record.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you give the starters such low minutes, Yev? I'd be playing Bol, Abdul-Jabbar and Jackson 38-42 per game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that normal for an NBA game 7om?

When the CPU adjusts the roster it always sets it that low. I know nothing about basketball so the advice is welcome btw.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, your best players will average out at 35+. Unless they're fatigued or carrying injuries, I'd bump the star players to 38. Everyone else as you see fit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the stamina works the same as the Myteam mode then it doesn't matter how many minutes you give them.

I rarely ever sub players off as it has such little effect.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. I'll implement that for this season. Our records should be re-written as a result.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2020/21 Season 2 Off-season Summary - Cincinnati Lions

The draft

With the 4th pick I was hoping to get something decent and believe I did:

R1 P4: Dorell Cousins SF/SG 77 Rated. Only 19 and with A+ potential he could be special. Great replacement for the retiring Carmelo.
    R1 P2: Sarunas Tavcar C 70 Rated. Less high hopes for this one, but our first venture into foreign waters with a 7 foot Lithuanian.

Players Released

Dwight Howard - Retired
    Carmelo Anthony - Retired
    Jared Harper - Released

Howard and Anthony made the Hall of Fame. Harper had to go to keep us below 16 players.

Signed

William Floyd PG 78 Rated - 4yr $47.3m deal.

Really wanted De' aaron Fox, but he re-signed with the Kings. Wouldn't have bothered with Floyd, but it's on my to do list to make the degenerative illness afflicted point guard an NBA great. Made all the easier this time as for some reason his year at Houston saw his rating increase by a staggering 9 overall.

Signed back up the rest of the squad which was nice, but annoying Bol turned down a $20m a year four year deal in favour of a one year qualifying offer deal for $4m.

Elsewhere Giannis signed off his Championship win and joined the Bulls, which is pretty cool.

2021/22 Roster

Bol up to an 81. KAJ will be late 90's by this time next year. Reggie Jackson is dying before my eyes though, down to a 75 now and out of the team. Got two years left on his $10m a year deal so I need to get him out.

Target for the season is 20+ wins again. Up from the 18 last season.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those minutes are much better. Two 7’2” inside players

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Those minutes are much better. Two 7’2” inside players
    Playing with them both is so much fun. Our defence is like a brick wall and the rebounds are off the charts. Only a shame Bol has missed 8 weeks of the season through injury. Just need to keep them both fit and improve the backcourt now. Need a quality shooting guard, which will hopefully be MJ when he comes through the draft in two seasons time.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021/22 Season 3 All-Star Break Summary - Cincinnati Lions

So we've made it to the All-Star break:

Our record is on course to exceed what I'd hoped, but we'd be so much better had Bol stayed fit. Progress again though as with one win more than the Pistons we're no longer bottom of the East. KAJ is generally ripping shit up. Being named player of the week twice already, making the All-Star starting 5 and 44 double doubles in 55 games (only 6 behind Giannis).

In other news Giannis has transformed the Bulls as they top the East and LeBron is now the leading point scorer in NBA history.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021/22 Season 3 Summary - Cincinnati Lions

Season done and we finished 3rd bottom of the NBA with 25 wins, our best season so far. The Pelicans won the Championship, with Zion bossing things.

3rd pick from the draft lottery saw slim pickings after Magic Johnson (Detroit) and Sidney Moncrief (Warriors) were snapped up. Ended up taking Bill Cartwright as the best of what's left, but he won't play much due to KAJ.

Already done one trade which saw Reggie Jackson go to the Grizzlies for Utah's 23' First Round pick. That takes me to 5 picks for the 2023 NBA draft, which is the big one as MJ is coming.

Will be going all out to get him at the end of this season even if it means losing Kareem, but with Cartright and all the picks I have I should manage it.

Onto Free Agency. Not much out there I can get, so just need to shore up the contracts. Really want to tie Bol down long term.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine Kareem and Jordan on the same team...

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The progression in this game goes absolutely nuts at times.

After Floyd's huge increase last season, this chap has risen 16 in overall rating during this, having only played 614 minutes for Utah and not a minute previously anywhere else. In any case, his stats are insane, so I snapped him up from the free agency list.

Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    Imagine Kareem and Jordan on the same team...
    Indeed.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2021/22 Off-Season 3 Summary - Cincinnati Lions

So that's the roster for season 4. Ponds a huge signing and our starting five all 80 or above for the first time. Had to lose Bogdanovic and Anigbogu. The former to balance the books and the latter as I no longer need him. The balancing of the books was a waste of time anyway as it turned out as once again Bol Bol turned down trousering $22m+ a season for 4 years, in favour of a one year qualifying offer on sub $4m.

If the starting five stay fit, our first playoff appearance has to be the aim this year.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022/23 Season 4 All-Star Break Summary - Cincinnati Lions

All-Star break reached and it's shaping up to be our best season yet.

KAJ made the All-Star starting five again, but this time was joined by Bol and Floyd, who played 6 minutes each. KAJ also won our first monthly award, with November's player of the month.

We're in great form at the moment, with a 50% record in our last 10, but it's going to be a struggle to overhaul New York to make the playoffs.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KAJ has broken his hand. Playoff dream over for this year.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022/23 Season 4 Summary - Cincinnati Lions

Season done and we finished two spots outside the playoffs.

KAJ's broken hand may have hampered our playoff run, but didn't stop him picking up the francise's first annual award.

uploadpic

A Larry Bird inspired Charlotte Hornets won their first Championship, so three different winners so far.

Onto the off-season, the draw for the draft is done. My 5 picks, translated into four lottery picks and with MJ in the draft, hopes were high....

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Due to the 76ers inexplicably picking Scot Daniels, the Charlotte Hornets now have Hakeem Olajuwon joining Larry Bird on their roster.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing. Who else did you get?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2022/23 Off-Season 4 Summary - Cincinnati Lions

After Jordan we set about sorting contracts and once that was done we had a full roster of 15 and therefore no further business was needed. Bol annoyingly once again turned down a ludicrous deal in favour of a shitty 1 year default deal, which means both him and KAJ will be free agents next summer. If I can keep both, particularly KAJ it'll be huge.

2023/24 Season 5 New Year Summary - Cincinnati Lions

3rd in the East. Injuries have up to now been minimal and we're playing the best basketball we ever have. The table is properly tight, with only 6 wins separating first and eighth, but this could well be our first playoff appearance coming. Jordan is a dream to use by the way, although I need to move him to shooting guard sooner rather than later. Currently he's 40th in the NBA for PPG and 1st for Steals.

Huge game on the road at Miami up next to continue the New Year.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    free pic hosting

We win the showdown! Played the first and last quarters, doing some magical things with MJ and KAJ. Three pointers are still hard as nails on this difficulty though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2023/24 Season 5 Summary - Cincinnati Lions

Not quite the full season summary as we made the playoffs for the first time.

This is the draw.

So it's Jayson Tatum's Celtics up first.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been opening packs with MT in the last few weeks as there's no real point in saving it up and today I pulled this beast:

https://2kmtcentral.com/20/players/9343/james-wiseman

He's not in the NBA yet but he's likely to be the top pick when the draft does happen and my word is he good in the game.

He's got great animations and his stats are near perfect.

I don't play online so can't effectively judge him properly (although a lot of Youtubers rate him as the second best C after KAJ) but I usually struggle to stop Kareem on All-Star in these Larry Bird challenges but he deals with him tremendously well. He gets bullied a bit in the post by Kareem but the AI doesn't utilise it that much which is grand.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2023/24 Season 5 Playoff Summary - Cincinnati Lions

Boston absolutely humped us. Be it simming or me playing, we were battered. The game we did win was won by 2, with the other 4 20-30 point deficits. Given the team I have, which is pretty obscene, I'm calling failure on this one and this challenge ends here. A lowering of the difficulty back to All-Star and the Sim difficulty down to mid 60's is probably called for for the next one. Fear not though, I have a corker in mind and one that allows me to continue to use a rookie MJ.

Last edited by Yevrah; 28-06-2020 at 03:38 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you just sim seasons Yev? You go through them at a crazy pace.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dip into a fair few games and sim from a point where nothing will really change. e.g. once it was clear I'd made the playoffs with the Lions.

Played a lot of the first three games in the playoffs as well, but again, once it was clear we weren't going to win that was that.

I think I'll play the next game at a more serene pace. I'm back at work next week as well so I'll have less time anyway.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having the old players in the Draft sounds like a cool feature. Might tempt me to give it a try some day.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's great. You've got every draft going back to 1976 and some select ones before that. Now a fair number of the players in the 60 to select from are auto generated, but it's seemingly got almost all of, say, the top 10 picks from each year.

Add in the wealth of custom rosters and the scope for creating unique saves is immense.

What I'm tempted to do for the next save is to load in a custom draft for the 1984-1985 season (Jordan's first) and play out as far as I can (be arsed) to present day, loading in the real draft each year and see who ends up where and what happens.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the only issue with the old drafts is that there are no surprises, you know exactly who is going to turn out good and who won't.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is true.

The other issue I have with starting in 1984 is that 7 of the current teams didn't exist back then and in the online roster they're just given 68 rated players. Which is fine in the respect that it was a piece of piss to make the playoffs back then (16 of the 23 teams qualifed, which think is worse than the Euros), but in theory what should then happen is all these teams will hoover up the best players from the draft, which may or may not be a problem depending on how the CPU manages the other teams.

The main issue bar none with MyLeague is the way the salary cap works though, play as much as I have lately and you realise it's truly fucked.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First problem with this downloaded roster is the history of players hasn't been properly cleansed, so Hakeem Olajuwon, for example, has 22,000+ points as a 22 year old rookie. Which is going to fuck the all time points scored list.