Hardly a 'new persona' though.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Hardly a 'new persona' though.
    I've genuinely never noticed before but maybe that says more about me than you.

Either way it's a shame. You're better than that.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I was saying anything racist in that thread. Anyway, this stabber appears to be a Libyan national, so presumably the media will be whipping everyone into a frenzy about it like when a policeman kills someone ten thousand miles away.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll have £2 on mental illness please.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Klopp said: “I was not worried for one second that the *Government could cost us the title because I was worried about the numbers who were dying – and I’m still worried.

“I didn’t vote for this *Government. This Government was the choice of other people. And the problem I had was that I got the news from England and the news from Germany.
    “If aliens looked at us both from the outside, they would think we came from two different planets.
    “From a personal point of view, I don’t understand why we started wearing face masks in closed areas on June 15 when five or six weeks ago all the other countries were doing it.

“You can argue about whether it makes sense to wear them, but all *countries who started wearing face masks earlier have smaller casualty numbers than here in England. That’s the truth.
    “When I see the numbers here in *England and then in Germany, I think.
    “Look, it’s not perfect in Germany, people have died and have been ill. But, in terms of living your life, it is completely different.”
    He added: “If you want to enter a shop in Germany, but don’t wear a face mask, then you aren’t allowed in.
    “With a face mask, you can go in all the shops you want. You can go to the hairdresser, wherever.
    “They wear a face mask, you wear a face mask, and sometimes the people in the shop will have even more *protection like a screen.
    “When I go to the petrol *station in England, I am the only one wearing a face mask and I’m the only one with gloves – I feel like an alien.
    “I will not stop doing that until someone tells me it’s over. But inside the club, we are safe. We are tested twice a week and it is a safe *environment.”
    I wonder what Klopp would have been if he never entered football.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £10 on cultural misunderstanding.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd be a random German you've never heard of. Someone in football strings two words together and people think they're the second coming.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd be bald and toothless as well.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He probably doesn't even believe half of that shit, he just knows his audience.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    He'd be a random German you've never heard of. Someone in football strings two words together and people think they're the second coming.
    He was a random German I'd never heard of before he joined Liverpool tbf. I was alluding more to the fact that he see's people as human beings. This is just another example of it. I don't know what it is about him as I'll still follow him if and when he leaves too, Rafa didn't even get that luxury and I loved the bloke.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    He probably doesn't even believe half of that shit, he just knows his audience.
    Klopp is more infectious than Covid.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Global pandemic and Raheem Sterling fighting social injustices through the medium of shaving adverts and we still have the power to send a brethren to take down a few in fucking Reading and rattle Giggles. I'm looking at the West Bank for my next fix of 2020 killings.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading around twitter is weird as fuck at the moment. Many (almost all with obvious name/avatar pointers to being on the left of politics) seem to want to stay in lockdown for as long as possible, and indeed seemed to be relishing the lack of freedom that comes/came with it. Do they actually think that, or is just because we have a Tory government and so they need to oppose whatever they do?

Or is it just people who don't have lives and were loving nobody else having lives either?

If we 2m social distance for any longer then there will be MASS unemployment, like, fucking millions. It will be pretty bad anyway, not necessarily because of covid but because companies will have realised that half their staff are dead wood.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reading around twitter is weird as fuck at the moment. Many (almost all with obvious name/avatar pointers to being on the left of politics) seem to want to stay in lockdown for as long as possible, and indeed seemed to be relishing the lack of freedom that comes/came with it. Do they actually think that, or is just because we have a Tory government and so they need to oppose whatever they do?

Or is it just people who don't have lives and were loving nobody else having lives either?

If we 2m social distance for any longer then there will be MASS unemployment, like, fucking millions. It will be pretty bad anyway, not necessarily because of covid but because companies will have realised that half their staff are dead wood.
    Spot the conservative voter. Am I right?

I imagine it's a variety of reasons. Some people are better off financially staying at home being one. Lazy idle bastards being another. It's not something I think you can put down to any political allegiance. I'd even suggest that a number of proper lifelong conservative voters are second guessing themselves, even Brexiteer's for that matter (I know I am)

Social distancing as I understand it is officially ended over in Guernsey completely so I don't really understand why we're still at it. I also don't see how we're going to not have massive unemployment and it's because of industries like mine. This country is so reliant on services of varying degrees that the mass unemployment is going to happen because so many industries that bring in the money, the employment (ie, hospitality, tourism, arts, etc) simply haven't been protected during this pandemic whether it be the Job Retention stuff I got screwed by or the business loans that numerous owners have. Arts and theatre one surprised me given it's not something I'm that interest in, I never knew how much those industries brought into the country.

If you're on Twitter now Jimmy, search for #ExcludedUK and you'll see just how bad it is and how bad things actually are. There's no stopping the millions that are going to be unemployment and what's even worse is when they discover our supposed support system. What a fucking minefield that is!
    Last edited by Smjffy; 21-06-2020 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm genuinely starting to feel a little bit sorry for you guys. Sound like lockdown, and the associated circus around it is dragging on now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Social distancing as I understand it is officially ended over in Guernsey completely so I don't really understand why we're still at it.
    Well, we haven't had a new case of covid for 51 days or something and there has been no detectable presence of the virus for nearly a month (ie active case) so I reckon we are going to be one of the first places in the world to be able to say we have technically eliminated the virus*, but yeah, the UK is just fucking the exit up as much as the entry into lockdown.

I was reading/listening to something the other day which was saying that the way the government has been fudging the testing figures to get to the levels they promised/wanted is now making it look like there is a lot more covid than there really is as every case is counted in triplicate (to satisfy the testing numbers) so actual cases are also being tripled.

You couldn't make it up.

*and we still have a large-ish section of numpties who are pushing for basically permanent adoption of some of the lockdown shit.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've wondered about that as well. BBC ran a thing about how their system might accidentally duplicate cases. So our case total is not as accurate as it should be. The only stat I can really have any faith in is the hospital occupancy ones.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dickhead Twitter is ultimately fine with it all because they won't be the ones losing their livelihoods.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt Hancock clearly gave up weeks ago, realising his job is more or less completely impossible and even if it was possible, he isn't the man to do it. He just goes through the motions now, talking wank on TV, praying for the sack which never comes.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't that pretty much every member of the front bench? Each and every one of them are either completely inexperienced or just have no knowledge in certain areas.

You can start with Sunak who yeah, he's done well for some but he only got that job because that Sajid fella grew a conscience overnight and the other two potentials were Jinrak(?) the chap who just gave away £80M odd and Cameron's former adviser who's not the culture secretary or whatever. Forget the education bint, she's beyond clueless, or is it that lanky streak of shit guy?

Either way. Every single one of them is absolutely useless but with a majority what on earth can you do. I don't bloody know but they've all given up even trying to disguise the lies.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auf wieder schnitzel der thomas hassler.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Die Scheiße hat den Fan getroffen

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eins, Zwei, Polizei

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it fascinating that the posters who love criticizing 'Twitter' are also the ones who seem to spend all their free time on it.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post
    I find it fascinating that the posters who love criticizing 'Twitter' are also the ones who seem to spend all their free time on it.
    Yeah. Not ever having had a Twitter account is the best decision of my life. The few times i’ve read someone’s Twitter timeline i’ve felt myself getting stupider with every firing of a neuron

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one but I only check in for terrible MotoGP coverage (crash at turn 2. Rider ok) or to see what words of wisdom Damon Hill has.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    Yeah. Not ever having had a Twitter account is the best decision of my life. The few times i’ve read someone’s Twitter timeline i’ve felt myself getting stupider with every firing of a neuron
    You always hear the stat that ~95% of the posts on Twitter come from 10% of the users, what they don't mention is that the remaining 90% spend most of their days seething in silent rage at those 10%.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Twitter hide post counts now? There were some shameful totals from people with (ostensibly) much better things to do.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter is ace but a cesspit. I can't keep an account on it for too long though as it starts to affect the mind but I'd like to have an account that I have set up properly with my interests and nobheads blocked. Helps that I can't waffle on Twitter but also so many unhinged fuckers that I come across as stable.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Victoria's dailys are going up again and they have upped restrictions. Even NSW want to put a hard border in place...

Melbourne Storm have been forced to relocate to Sydney for this weekends round.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s nothing better than Twitter to give you everything you want to know concisely and in one place.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great information tool but it's so hard to avoid the virtue signalling blob while using it. I have cut my feed down to about 200 mostly sport related accounts, muted the word 'Brexit', and taken all other precautions but it's still impossible.

I think there's a visceral need for left wing people to tell each other how left wing they are, whereas people with other views are largely capable of shutting the fuck up.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You always hear the stat that ~95% of the posts on Twitter come from 10% of the users, what they don't mention is that the remaining 90% spend most of their days seething in silent rage at those 10%.
    Sounds like this place.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We manage to post more rubbish.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah people who don’t like Twitter (and equally, Reddit) clearly haven’t bothered setting it up for them.

Follow what and who you want and you’re gold.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great information tool but it's so hard to avoid the virtue signalling blob while using it. I have cut my feed down to about 200 mostly sport related accounts, muted the word 'Brexit', and taken all other precautions but it's still impossible.

I think there's a visceral need for left wing people to tell each other how left wing they are, whereas people with other views are largely capable of shutting the fuck up.
    I think there's a similar need for the right wing people to do similar. You've just got a bias prism* on your followers like all of us.

Twitter is similar to YouTube in the comment today. I'm sure most comments are just the bot army saying stuff to gather the plebs it needs to reinforce views and stoke the ones it doesn't so it can be quoted on some website somewhere.

There's also a fantastic need to post something that seemingly is outrageous and then you read 2 comments into the replies and the person has taken a terrible take but isn't going to delete the original tweet.

*a what?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Yeah people who don’t like Twitter (and equally, Reddit) clearly haven’t bothered setting it up for them.

Follow what and who you want and you’re gold.
    Yep, this.
    I do like the odd rummage through all the headcases but it’s a deliberate choice. With the following mechanism and the muting options anyone who’s seeing things they don’t want to is just a mong.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Twitter.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the point in Twitter without the nutters? That's half the fun.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I follow 100 cricket/football/whatever accounts and 80 of them are sound, and the other 20 are usually sound on the subject I follow them for but also spend day and night whingeing about Boris Johnson being a callous murderer, is that my fault for not setting it up right? I don't think so, it's their fault for thinking politics is the be all and end all. I probably follow more left wing people than right wing, because I don't actually care what people's views are until they drone on about them ad nauseam.

I blocked President Trump a long time ago but I still have his shite forced down my neck constantly on the platform.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My day isn't complete without looking at the DHSC daily figures and seeing the "29 DAYS WITHOUT PEOPLE TESTED!" reply from some bearded smugmonster.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter improved a huge amount, on iPhone anyway, if you ditch the first party app and use something like Tweetbot. No adverts, no promoted tweets, just people you follow in the order they tweeted.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Twitter improved a huge amount, on iPhone anyway, if you ditch the first party app and use something like Tweetbot. No adverts, no promoted tweets, just people you follow in the order they tweeted.
    I tried a good few but probably didn’t give them enough of a chance. They just never seemed as polished as the official app to me. Might give one another go through, I’ve a few bought, as this constant switching back to “Top Tweets” is a pain in the hole. I always used Flamingo on Android and it was very good but took time to get used to.
    Last edited by Giggles; 22-06-2020 at 08:19 AM.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg my toothache is back with a vengeance. This is the third bout of extreme pain. Hopefully have a dentist appt today but only to make a plan for when they can do the work.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It feels like a lot of Kiwis were holding onto the zero covid cases a bit too tightly...
    Last edited by Queenslander; 22-06-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the transition from being completely closed to the outside world in a bubble of covid free smugness to some sort of normality is going to be the hardest thing for many jurisdictions (well, those that make it into the smug bubble). Our folk are talking a good game here about how positive tests won't be a bad thing, but rather evidence of an effective testing system, which should then enable the track and trace infrastructure to shine, but it's not been put to the test yet.

Some talk of 80% of cases being detectable after 7 days so we might lessen the mandatory quarantine period, which would be a good start.

It'd be nice to be able to go somewhere at some point this year. We need an air-bridge to FNQ, although I think we're getting one to the Isle of Man. Underwhelming.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our State is stupidly lucky that QLD Health were onto community tracing very early on so I guess it does work if you have that infrustucture in place. The shit talking between States has to stop down here especially coming from Western Australia of all bloody places lolol.

Hopefully we will be open for tourism sooner rather than later as the unemployment numbers are tragic atm. And to contradict myself I would laugh so hard if we open up to New Zealand and Britain before Victoria and NSW.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The next stage of the pandemic (probably globally) will be people gradually realising that - having avoided doomsday plague pit scenarios - yes, the economy now really is more important than health.