User Tag List

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2020

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in 2030 now as Cov. Made it to the PL in three seasons and then slowly crept up the division to be a solid top 3 contender. Won fuck all bar a League One trophy in the first season but I have lost an FA Cup and Europa League final which has been rewarded with a 50500-seater stadium that they're currently looking to build. If it's not named after me I walk.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good effort that!

Started a true Journeyman save today, Sunday League footballer with no qualifications, every league running. Start my career with Shanghai Shenxin in Chinese National League 1. No money and expected to be relegated, they appear to have a a decent set of young players but the chances of tying them down on long term contracts are slim. Turned down jobs in Indonesia for this, let's see if it was the right choice.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just using the formation I've been using for a good 5-10 years in FM, a 4-1-2-2-1, focusing play down the wings, slow tempo, attacking mentality and it always does the job in a fairly unrealistic (last 6 seasons I have 3 CL wins, 1 final and 2 semifinal appearances with Atletico, Liverpool and Dortmund) yet non game-breaking way. It's just a fairly easy game once you get going.

By the way, do you think they're ever going to fix the 1-on-1 shitness of attackers? I'm 99.9% sure they keep it like that (although they did improve it significantly in 20.2 or whenever it was) because they can't make a match engine that's not easily broken by players. So they let you have a gazillion chances, but counteract it with abysmal conversion.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't really a problem in the dogshit league I'm playing in, so I think what causes it is the super-strikers in the game are just too good for the defences that they are able to programme.

Straight one on ones I am always astounded when my man scores, you generally need some kind of angle or late pass to have the keeper out of position before it goes in the net.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if this is my profile or Barry Bennell

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    By the way, do you think they're ever going to fix the 1-on-1 shitness of attackers? I'm 99.9% sure they keep it like that (although they did improve it significantly in 20.2 or whenever it was) because they can't make a match engine that's not easily broken by players. So they let you have a gazillion chances, but counteract it with abysmal conversion.
    I'd long since decided it's a combination of making up for the shonky match engine they refuse to re-do (because that's what it needs) and partly to make watching matches more "exciting." Probably the same reason every strikes turns into fucking Pele in the following two situations:

1) When they're going to be whistled offside. No striker in FM strikes a ball more perfectly, regardless of angle, when they're about to be offside. Your striker who hasn't scored in 10 games and misses every chance going? He will turn into an absolute goalscoring God provided it's not going to count.

2) When they're an opposing striker against the player team.

It had been that way for years by the time it came to 2015 (the last one I played) and it sounds like this is still the case. And why would SI change it when they know people will buy the game every year anyway?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can no edit aspects of the match engine to try and sort that somewhat anyway. Just make the GKs worse and you score more, but then you concede more. I've tried a few out.
    Last edited by Dark Soldier; 27-05-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. How flexible is it? If some nerd hasn't basically used it to do SI's job for them then I'd say that confirms the match engine is in fact just knacked.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised how many game skins are hosted on dodgy 'install this toolbar first' sites and irritated to see a lot of sites have removed links for logo packs etc due to copyright fears. I am also looking for a nice face pack for existing players but I am fussy and would prefer it not to be one showing their current kit in the picture. Are kit packs worth getting?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The logo pack I have seems to be minus Man U and no other club, which makes me think Ed Woodward has dark agents patrolling the inside of my laptop removing copyrighted material.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has it been replaced with Man Red?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has just brought to mind a football game I had for some console or another (I'd say Dreamcast or the Gamecube) where they'd just hidden the real names behind an options menu cheat.

It wasn't a FIFA or PES (I don't think it was Worldwide Soccer either but I could be wrong) so I wonder if it was some shambolic devs who genuinely didn't realise the names were licensed until they were near release.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Interesting. How flexible is it? If some nerd hasn't basically used it to do SI's job for them then I'd say that confirms the match engine is in fact just knacked.
    Not that flexible, you can basically edit physicality and goalkeeper reactions/distribution.

Here's the vid of it done to the extreme, halfway through for the mental shit:

Last edited by Dark Soldier; 27-05-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that as well as fiddling with the match engine they decided to improve Pereira as well.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has just brought to mind a football game I had for some console or another (I'd say Dreamcast or the Gamecube) where they'd just hidden the real names behind an options menu cheat.

It wasn't a FIFA or PES (I don't think it was Worldwide Soccer either but I could be wrong) so I wonder if it was some shambolic devs who genuinely didn't realise the names were licensed until they were near release.
    I kind of miss PES' fake names. At least the ones they put the effort into. I don't even remember them naming Aston Villa 'Dublin' but apparently they did.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have any logo packs from previous versions, carry them over. Looking for older ones might help too.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why doesn’t one of you just upload them for everyone else?

EDIT: Does this work? I’ve left it uploading.
    Last edited by Baz; 28-05-2020 at 11:46 AM.
    I'm a twit

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just come to load up my FM save titled "Munchen" and I'm the manager of London City FC. I've only fucking saved over it when I tried the create a club thing.

I just don't know any more FML

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 file rolling, weekly auto-save should be a default setting.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    3 file rolling, weekly auto-save should be a default setting.
    As it happens, as far as settings go, I have to reduce the to 85% so I can see all of the skin properly which I am fine with but any idea why it never saves? Every time I load FM I have to go back to preferences, change it so it rebuilds skin.

I've cleared cache and tried different skin but it's the same thing?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my creaky PC I have to turn the graphics quality to the lowest setting to avoid the match engine running at 2fps, one sacrifice it makes is to remove the crowd entirely. I'm ahead of my time

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice touch with the bin in the background, a sparkling design and colour scheme. If you turn the graphics back up you'll also be able to see Miles Jacobson's dignity inside it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    I've just come to load up my FM save titled "Munchen" and I'm the manager of London City FC. I've only fucking saved over it when I tried the create a club thing.

I just don't know any more FML
    Do you not have a back up save you can fall back on?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Do you not have a back up save you can fall back on?
    I love you. Game on!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Now I have a decision, really.

The latest it saved is just after the 1st leg of the Europa League 1st knock out round but I ended up getting knocked out in the 2nd leg against Lyon and I'm 5 points behind 5th place in league which is closer than we were as it was all falling apart near the end of the season as I was in April when I last saved on my 'Munchen' file. That's irritating.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most recent save.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh??

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought you were debating which of two save files to pick up from, am I misreading like a twat?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, the other back up file isn't Munchen. I was in April the last time I saved so it means replaying nearly two months of games. I'm fine with that but if I do better/worse than I did on the initial save then it's going to feel a bit...I don't know the word I'm after. I even get the chance to keep Klodian Doda. It just ruins it a little bit for the story I tell in my mind when I play the game. I mean, I'm not the only one who interviews myself as I play, am I?

EDIT: I say worse, I can't really get much worse than how our sudden collapse was.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd holiday through 2 months. Then your hands are clean.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Oh no, the other back up file isn't Munchen. I was in April the last time I saved so it means replaying nearly two months of games. I'm fine with that but if I do better/worse than I did on the initial save then it's going to feel a bit...I don't know the word I'm after. I even get the chance to keep Klodian Doda. It just ruins it a little bit for the story I tell in my mind when I play the game. I mean, I'm not the only one who interviews myself as I play, am I?

EDIT: I say worse, I can't really get much worse than how our sudden collapse was.
    Ohhhh, I see. Yeah replaying stuff (even if it's gone badly) always feels like a grind.

I'd do what Spikey said. Or just rattle through the games with zero highlights etc. and minimum effort.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhhh, I see. Yeah replaying stuff (even if it's gone badly) always feels like a grind.

I'd do what Spikey said. Or just rattle through the games with zero highlights etc. and minimum effort.
    I did that and I'm three points behind 5th. It's over. I just can't get back into it now I know, it really does ruin the entire save.

I'll come up with something else. Sorry to those that enjoyed it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In more important news; how are you Smiff?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm OK thanks. I'll wait until Monday to be back home, do my isolating and then when viable start looking further into a few things health wise and what I can do to get out of the financial mess etc. I think it's been a bit of a wake up call to get my shit together in all aspects of my life. On the plus side, I'm finally going to get to see it!. #LFC

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxford City - 2019/20

The Squad.

Toggle Spoiler

Summary.

We kicked off the summer by raiding the transfer market for loan deals as we sought to strengthen from the off and it's fair to say we managed that, especially in Fabio Tavares and Reon Potts who scored freely up front whilst both our wingers Kyran Wiltshire and Ben Allen posting double figures meant we weren't short on goals but conceding 44 meant they were needed.

Our form throughout the campaign was quite steady but it was the twelve match winning streak at the beginning of September that confirmed we were promotion contenders however it was always going to be via the playoffs as league leaders Wealdstone made a mockery of the division. Just 17 goals conceded too which was quite impressive at this level. Although we eventually finished 4th, taking just one point out of 15 during the busy months of March and April made things harder than they probably needed to be but boded well for the actual playoffs.

We drew Dulwich Hamlet in the first round and a 2-0 win was enough to progress. Welling United came up next only to be undone by a solo strike courtesy of Ben Allen. Billericay Town lay in wait as we looked to secure promotion at the first time of asking but as we had shown during the season, we don't half make life hard for ourselves.

Oxford City V Billericay Town

Wembley would have been awesome but Court Place Farm was the venue which gave us confidence until of course Jack Burroughs and Doug Loft had given the away side a 2-0 lead after half an hour and our chance looked gone. I waltzed down to the dressing room early in preparation to dish out a bollocking until I heard the distinctive cheer that was certainly our own supporters. Had we pulled one back? Two minutes later I heard it again and then the players flooded in. We had made it 2-2 before half time!

The second half was less frantic but when Ben Allen struck after 70'minutes the non-existent roof was blown off the stadium. Promotion!

Or was it?! As we headed into stoppage time Billercay launched one final attack and then it happened. Femi Akinwande levelling the scores once more. Heart ache! Extra time it would be and the lads were fucked physically.

Well, everyone except Reece Fleet who smashed one in from 25 yards in the first half of extra time to secure the win. Yes!

Domestic Cups

FA Cup - Newhaven were our opponents in the 2nd qualifying round and came away with a 2-0 win. Yate were up next and got battered by five without reply. Bromley were the last hurdle to reach the first round proper and a 4-1 win secured just that. I wasn't too bothered who we would face next so long as it was away and they had a decent sized stadium but we drew Walsall who would visit us and I expected that to be that. As it is Reon Potts grabbed his magical moment as we stole a draw against the League Two side. We secured a replay! It must have drained the players because our following game in the league we didn't just get beat, we didn't just get battered, we got absolutely raped by Weymouth...8-0! Great warm up before the replay which we ended up losing by a goal to nil.

FA Trophy - In the space of ten days we lost to Weymouth by eight, lost to Walsall and then followed it up with an 8-2 victory away to Cirencester to put us through to the 1st round but again we rattled in the goals with a 6-0 win against Margate. Was further success on the cards? Concord Rangers did their best to say no by taking us to a replay in the 2nd round, 2-2 draw at their ground was followed by a 3-1 win at ours but Solihull Motors ended our run in the next round.

Finances

Next Season

The aim is a rapid rise through the divisions with the ultimate goal to be not only the biggest club in England but also the most successful whilst long term taking Real Madrid's Champions League record total would be pleasing.*

*On touch it seems you unlock stuff so I have activated the No Sacking one as well as making all players interested and scouting up to 100 players in a day. I also notice there's a golden generation which I am going to activate when the club has proper facilities to get the most out of it so maybe if and when we get to the top flight.

Long update but I'll do my best to ensure all follow the same layout and as I get a more consistent squad I can start detail more about the players but it's pretty pointless at this stage. Game on.
    "
    Last edited by Smjffy; 30-05-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A modest ambition.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Southport boys have just beat Newcastle to go 5th in the Championship after 35 games. I'm legit thinking of getting a Southport shirt.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all making me want to load up a save of the local team here and take them to the top.

Downside is, I've never done proper LLM before. I tend to get bored quickly once you hit the winning everything stage. I'd hope spending 10 or so seasons just to get to the Prem would solve that.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get on it, I’m on the brink of the Premier League and have you to pay for a player!

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all making me want to load up a save of the local team here and take them to the top.

Downside is, I've never done proper LLM before. I tend to get bored quickly once you hit the winning everything stage. I'd hope spending 10 or so seasons just to get to the Prem would solve that.
    Do it. It's high time this thread got some serious action.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's LLM? Lower League Manager?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lower league management.

I suppose I'll check if they're even in the game.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be using FM19 as there's little difference in the two I think.

Though saying that, the games default database goes down to the Vanarama North/South(level 6). I need the next level down, the Northern Premier League.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can download League expansion packs easy enough. I tried a tier 14 one once, but it took about half an hour to process each match day so I fucked that off quick time.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be using FM19 as there's little difference in the two I think.

Though saying that, the games default database goes down to the Vanarama North/South(level 6). I need the next level down, the Northern Premier League.
    If you can be really arsed, you can holiday the first season over and over again until they get promoted.

There used to be a challenge every year on the sigames forum where you managed the team who came up and try to get as high as possible. The game who made it used to upload saves each with different teams promoted. I remember cos I did one with Skelmersdale cos it’s close (and a shit hole) and was glad he did the hard work for me.

Edit: here you go https://community.sigames.com/topic/...mment=11538287

Any of these your local team?

Save 6a1 Kettering, Halesowen, Whitehawk, Kingstonian, Stalybridge, Basford (39)
    Save 6a2 Salisbury, Basingstoke, Kingstonian, Bishop's Stortford, Matlock, Workington (40)
    Save 6a3 Salisbury, Hendon, Chesham, Stourbridge, Bishop's Stortford, Workington (41)
    Last edited by Baz; 30-05-2020 at 02:41 PM.
    I'm a twit

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oxford City - 2020/21

The Squad

Toggle Spoiler

Summary

No fewer than 23 new arrivals joined the club in the summer as wholesale changes were made in anticipating for a second successive promotion and again it was the loaned players who did much of the business. Virgil Gomis and Saikou Janneh ensuring goals came as freely as last season, 115 of them in total whilst defensively our against total was reduced by half with just 35 conceded. We were rampant from start to finish and as the league graph below suggests, we were clear winners in a record breaking season. It is hoped both will extend their loan deals for next season especially Forest striker, Virgil.

114 points became a Vanarama National League record, as was the goals for but it was the surprising form of Josh Ashby that stood out as he broke records for most assists in a season, highest average rating and most MotM awards. I will try and keep him for a while purely so we can create one or two club legends as those already listed aren't in the game.

Over 12 times through the campaign we hit a team for four or more and it was telling that last seasons Conference South champions, Wealdstone found themselves on the wrong end of a 6-0 win in front of their own supporters.

Oldham were actually 2/1 favourites to get promoted whilst we were 5/2 so it was no great surprise that we managed to do so. Perhaps Yeovil being predicted to finish 3rd was though, not the prediction but the eventual 16th place finish.

Domestic Cups

FA Cup - We successfully defeated Dartford in the qualifying round to to go into the first round proper and with Hereford pulled out during the draw we fancied our chances as they were a league below us. This confidence was rewarded with a 3-1 away win to set up a tie against Sutton United and another relatively straight forward win. 2-0, our third win against them including the league victories. 3rd round and obviously the hope was for a big club away from home and we got that to an extent by drawing Newcastle United.

Was there FA Cup magic? Close but no cigar. Joelinton's first half strike in front of 25,000 after 22"minutes put to bed any hope of that and Ilounga Pata's red card in the second half just sealed it. We got a decent income as a result but as you'll see further below, it was an expensive season. (All financial shots are taken on 30th May)

FA Trophy - Another opportunity in a domestic cup but we always deemed it a throw away competition and the teams fielded reflected that. A 1-0 win away to Harrogate set up a fixture against Kidderminster who we were fortunate to draw 1-1 with. We fancied our chances in the replay but they surprised us by defeating us 3-2. We were 3-0 down at one point too which was disappointing.

Next Season

We most definitely won't be bringing in all that many and the intention is to steal released youngsters from Premier League clubs so we can develop them ourselves and sell on as despite the turnover in playing staff, we still hadn't spent a penny on an actual transfer fee and probably won't until we reach the Championship. I imagine the current squad is good enough to challenge in League Two if this season was anything to go by.

Good fun though.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    If you can be really arsed, you can holiday the first season over and over again until they get promoted.

There used to be a challenge every year on the sigames forum where you managed the team who came up and try to get as high as possible. The game who made it used to upload saves each with different teams promoted. I remember cos I did one with Skelmersdale cos it’s close (and a shit hole) and was glad he did the hard work for me.

Edit: here you go https://community.sigames.com/topic/...mment=11538287

Any of these your local team?

Save 6a1 Kettering, Halesowen, Whitehawk, Kingstonian, Stalybridge, Basford (39)
    Save 6a2 Salisbury, Basingstoke, Kingstonian, Bishop's Stortford, Matlock, Workington (40)
    Save 6a3 Salisbury, Hendon, Chesham, Stourbridge, Bishop's Stortford, Workington (41)
    My team isn't there but it is on one of the beta saves he has listed. I assume that'll work fine?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My team isn't there but it is on one of the beta saves he has listed. I assume that'll work fine?
    I reckon. Just the database mightn’t be as upto date but who cares if you’re signing Kevin Watson from Marks & Spencer’s?
    I'm a twit