User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who gets your vote in 2024?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservatives

0 0%
  • Labour

12 75.00%
  • Lib Dems

1 6.25%
  • Green

0 0%
  • Reform

1 6.25%
  • SNP

1 6.25%
  • Some Celtic fringe joke party

0 0%
  • Other

1 6.25%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: General Election 2024: Gone on the 4th of July

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The GBNews Icon on the end of his username is the perfect final brushstroke.

(btw Lewis is going to come in here and say I've taken it out of context in his 'man of the people' act to which I say, I don't care it's funny, cry more.)

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found out about this today when my cousin tried to talk to me about it. Some people don’t seem to believe “I have zero interest in politics, sorry” is possibly true, and just keep going.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't your entire career directly affected by government policy?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll get rid of motorways and the Navy before any government cuts 'public health' shite so you could say no.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many seats do the Tories need to fill with new candidates? It’s only six weeks away.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    160. They'll do it. Fucking loads of saddos want to be parliamentary candidates.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The old Boris loving lady is fucking mental.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/ar...-chosen-by-god

This guy is a maniac.

When my mother was alive, I used to believe that I was born biologically. After she passed away, upon reflecting on all my experiences, I was convinced that God had sent me

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, the singular one God. Take that, Hindus.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I wish the infitinite realities were accessible because the one where the Tory's win, implement National Service and it trains the younger generation in the skills they use for the UKs answer to the February revolution.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Found out about this today when my cousin tried to talk to me about it. Some people don’t seem to believe “I have zero interest in politics, sorry” is possibly true, and just keep going.
    I honestly envy your ability to do this. It's almost certainly one of the keys to a happy life.

I'm going to give it a try I think. Democracy is a lie anyway.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got to remember that Baz' head looks like this

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The QUADRUPLE LOCK lads here we go.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    You've got to remember that Baz' head looks like this

Real lack of "MJF " there

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on now, be serious.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strikes are back on the menu

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been putting my paywall blocker to good use this afternoon and had a strong browse of FT.

They have a predictor based on opinion polls and at the moment they're saying 451-136 seats (LAB-CON). That would smash a whole lot of records. Do we think that is on the cards?

There's also some great graphs on voting intention by all sorts of demographics and it's eye opening how many of the usually Tory voting demos completely/finally fucked them off for good during the Truss debacle.

Also there's a piece on the rise of the far-right in Europe and there's something in there showing how younger age groups are quite likely to vote far-right and then it drops off to almost nothing at age 65+. We seem to be the only country where that is the complete opposite.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it'll be worse (for the Tories) than that. Double figures is very much in play.

I'd put the lower extreme of possibilities at about 40. Upper at maybe 160. You can see from the way they're fighting the campaign (on the corest of core vote strategies, visiting massively safe seats with the PM / cabinet members) that they know the game is up. It's about preserving some kind of parliamentary party rather than getting on the front foot.

I don't get involved in spread betting but if it was anything north of 120 I'd be selling.
    Last edited by Jimmy Floyd; 29-05-2024 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please let the Lib Dems be the official opposition.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Been putting my paywall blocker to good use this afternoon and had a strong browse of FT.

They have a predictor based on opinion polls and at the moment they're saying 451-136 seats (LAB-CON). That would smash a whole lot of records. Do we think that is on the cards?

There's also some great graphs on voting intention by all sorts of demographics and it's eye opening how many of the usually Tory voting demos completely/finally fucked them off for good during the Truss debacle.

Also there's a piece on the rise of the far-right in Europe and there's something in there showing how younger age groups are quite likely to vote far-right and then it drops off to almost nothing at age 65+. We seem to be the only country where that is the complete opposite.
    It makes sense if you look at it simplistically. Europe (especially Colonial Europe) as a whole is a far worse place than it was 20 years ago, and for the majority of that time, the (centre) left have been in government. We, on the other hand have had the same decline under a (centre) right government. So, they LURCH to the right in response and we LURCH to... well, the closest thing we have to a left in our bullshit faux-democratic 2 party system.

In reality it's pretty telling that Europe (and in many ways the rest of "the west") is facing the same issues and the same decline. None of it has anything to do with left or right, and unless you had a completely rogue government that was happy to put 2 fingers up to G8, The EU and all the rest of the organisations where decisions are really made, we'll all continue down this same road.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't explain it fully at current knowledge/energy levels but when it comes to our relationship with Europe, people always forget that every single country in Europe other than the UK, Ireland and I think Sweden has had either a fascist or a communist government within living memory. Pretty much everything can be explained by that.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we had had a remotely right-wing government, rather than the most taxes, spending, and foreigners ever, the Conservative Party wouldn't be in the state it's in.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some proper dodgy stuff going on in the Labour party at the minute around selection/reselection of candidates with anyone vaguely left wing.

Obviously there's the Diane Abbott stuff that's been in the news all day.

But now we also have:

Lloyd Russell-Moyle

Apsana Begum:

Faiza Shaheen:

Fuck these cunts.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the price for getting the support of business leaders and sections of mainstream media.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tory reboot. Fuck Labour.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diane Abbott was going to retire anyway. They could have just let her do it with dignity but no. She says she's standing again now whatever happens.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diane doing anything with dignity would be a first.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck Diane Abbott. Thick, racist old bat.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Left need to realise that if they want to have anything even remotely resembling power they need to be centre left to pull as many people in as possible.

The country already decided it didn’t want Corbyn no matter what he tries to tell us about winning the argument.

2008-2010 aside looking back on it now the Labour government is the best run government of my lifetime by a country mile. More got done in the country, everything wasn’t fucked and things did actually get better for people. I lived in inner city Birmingham in the late 80’s early 90’s as a young kid and it was fucking grim, I go back there now and there’s problems but it’s a hell of a lot better than it was then and that is because of the good that a centre left Labour government did in the 90’s/2000’s.

If Labour burn this lead now because of any form of infighting then what do the people who are further left than the current Labour Party think is going to happen? Because we already know after 14 years of this shower of shite they aren’t going to do anything but grease the palms of their paymasters. You want something even vaguely approaching ideas from the left you have to hold your nose and just fall in line. Because the alternative is a whole lot worse.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I think it'll be worse (for the Tories) than that. Double figures is very much in play.

I'd put the lower extreme of possibilities at about 40. Upper at maybe 160. You can see from the way they're fighting the campaign (on the corest of core vote strategies, visiting massively safe seats with the PM / cabinet members) that they know the game is up. It's about preserving some kind of parliamentary party rather than getting on the front foot.

I don't get involved in spread betting but if it was anything north of 120 I'd be selling.
    Sell line is 153

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We can definitely get rich off this one lads.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Emia View Post
    The Left need to realise that if they want to have anything even remotely resembling power they need to be centre left to pull as many people in as possible.

The country already decided it didn’t want Corbyn no matter what he tries to tell us about winning the argument.

2008-2010 aside looking back on it now the Labour government is the best run government of my lifetime by a country mile. More got done in the country, everything wasn’t fucked and things did actually get better for people. I lived in inner city Birmingham in the late 80’s early 90’s as a young kid and it was fucking grim, I go back there now and there’s problems but it’s a hell of a lot better than it was then and that is because of the good that a centre left Labour government did in the 90’s/2000’s.

If Labour burn this lead now because of any form of infighting then what do the people who are further left than the current Labour Party think is going to happen? Because we already know after 14 years of this shower of shite they aren’t going to do anything but grease the palms of their paymasters. You want something even vaguely approaching ideas from the left you have to hold your nose and just fall in line. Because the alternative is a whole lot worse.
    No. Fuck them. They actively worked against Corbyn in 2019 and now they expect those voters to just fall in line with whatever shit they're doing now? (How come they get to do infighting but no one else does? Not that there'sanyone left to fight them, they've all been, or are in the process of being, purged) Let all burn, I don't fucking care any more. Not that I can vote for them anyway. Give me a border poll though.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And centre left my hole. They're offering nothing. And little dodgy Wes with his shit-eating grin is going to sell off the NHS and he won't he even get paid well for doing it because he's too fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm 90% sure I'll be spoiling my ballot.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well said Boydy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    I'm 90% sure I'll be spoiling my ballot.
    If anyone has a chance of beating Truss I will vote for them. If not I shall write cunt next to her name.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's alot to be said for just getting the Tories out, but I've heard nothing - absolutely nothing - from Labour that makes me want to vote for them. And that's really saying something, because it wouldn't take much.

As is, all I can see is more of the same, but with more in-fighting over Israel/Palestine. No thanks.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather get the Tories out because the cycle of failed leader and leadership challenges has worn me right down.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    There's alot to be said for just getting the Tories out, but I've heard nothing - absolutely nothing - from Labour that makes me want to vote for them. And that's really saying something, because it wouldn't take much.

As is, all I can see is more of the same, but with more in-fighting over Israel/Palestine. No thanks.
    That FT article I was talking about earlier highlighted exactly that. Obviously Labour will gain a lot of votes but it’s just a byproduct of 2019 Tory voters deserting.

The Palestine issue could be a major PR disaster for them. The Tory stance is expected so hasn’t caused them any trouble, but Labour will have to toe a very fine line.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -james- View Post
    Sell line is 153
    That's so far out from my thinking that I'm starting to doubt myself.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Literally the only people still voting Tory are people who are old (65+) and own their own home outright, which is largely the same people. They'll keep an east coast fringe but anything west of Lincolnshire is up for grabs in my view. I think they will do a lot worse in the south and south east than the market is bargaining for.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't do much spread betting, so I may be missing something, but the over/under with betfair and ladbrokes (generally the sharpest on politics) is 141. Not sure what's going on over at spreadex.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post

The Palestine issue could be a major PR disaster for them. The Tory stance is expected so hasn’t caused them any trouble, but Labour will have to toe a very fine line.
    I think it's an impossible line. They're managing to keep somewhat of a lid on it for now, because they all want to get elected, but once they're in; no chance.

They are still living under the cloud of antisemitism and having to kick party members out for it, while at the same time they have / will have several Muslim MP's that are understandably pretty angry about what's going on in Palestine. There's no way that's not going to blow up and become the next parliaments Partygate.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for canning the left lot, it's just really good effective politics, as it was when Blair did it. Having that lot around is a poison that no Labour PM needs if he or she is to carry a governing coalition. Better they critique him from their twitter soapboxes or Novara than from the parliamentary party.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    No. Fuck them. They actively worked against Corbyn in 2019 and now they expect those voters to just fall in line with whatever shit they're doing now? (How come they get to do infighting but no one else does? Not that there'sanyone left to fight them, they've all been, or are in the process of being, purged) Let all burn, I don't fucking care any more. Not that I can vote for them anyway. Give me a border poll though.
    That’s it you’ve convinced me I may as well just vote Tory then.

Realistically this could be resolved somewhat with PR. That way all factions would have to listen to a certain degree rather than what we have at the minute.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you could get me odds on Wes Streeting having to resign in disgrace I'm putting my house on it. So clearly a massive wrongun that kisses the right arses.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luke the Nuke Akehurst, a literal lobbyist for the Israeli state, now being given a seat.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Strikes are back on the menu
    Is it even possible for a pay settlement to be made now the election is on? Can the Tories poison pill the next government by agreeing to all of the doctors' demands?