User Tag List

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,550 of 2551

Thread: Football Manager 23

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a cheat code Haaland is in this game. He just scored 40 goals for me at 37 years of age and, even though he's lost some speed, he's still a beast.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's no Ioan Jenkins.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I don't think I could afford a Ioan Jenkins or any players of that quality so I just have to make do with Horseface.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a way to finish my save:

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haji Wright scored 25 in the first season to get us promoted first time, then the Saudi league came calling and it risked a revolt if I turned it down so he went for £53m. Just over a year later for some reason his contract was mutually terminated so I was back in for him, but with the contract he'd just had being for massive cash he was looking for £450k p/w which was about three times my upper limit. In the end he went to Marseille

Can't blame him, assume they must have stumped up the fat sacks of cash he was after

What the fuck? My guess is in reality he just didn't like Leamington Spa. His loss

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yikes.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The game REFUSES to give me a Premiership side in the FA Cup.

Oxford are in the Championship (22nd) and Bristol also in the Championship (8th)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found myself in an interesting situation: I had a player injured in the dying minutes of a game with no subs left. It being a knockout game, it went to extra-time where I am afforded an additional sub, but I couldn't then replace said player. Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't really expect FM to let me do it, but I do now wonder what the actual rule is in regard to that.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of bugs, I loaned a player to PSG and kept getting news reports that PSG staff had been spotted in the stands watching him play, with a view to signing him.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Found myself in an interesting situation: I had a player injured in the dying minutes of a game with no subs left. It being a knockout game, it went to extra-time where I am afforded an additional sub, but I couldn't then replace said player. Now, don't get me wrong, I didn't really expect FM to let me do it, but I do now wonder what the actual rule is in regard to that.
    I had that scenario a few days ago too. Surely in reality you’d just drag out the treatment on the side of the pitch for a few minutes & then sub them before ET, but even if you have to take them off you’d think they’d just let you count them as your ET sub rather than forcing you to play a man down

Can’t be arsed to fuck about with links on my phone so here’s an old FM thread on it where they looked at the rule & seem to think it’s correct but it seems vague to me:

https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/431314-does-bringing-off-an-injured-player-count-as-a-substitution/

Also saw a discussion about it among refs which suggests they think the FM way would be wrong:

https://refchat.co.uk/threads/extra-sub-extra-time-player-injured.15628/
    Last edited by Dan; 21-05-2024 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a cheat code Haaland is in this game. He just scored 40 goals for me at 37 years of age and, even though he's lost some speed, he's still a beast.
    He proceeded to score 36 the next season, including 5 in a single game plus a goal in the CL final and then retired at the age of 39 because he was "not up to the same standard".

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post

The game REFUSES to give me a Premiership side in the FA Cup.

Oxford are in the Championship (22nd) and Bristol also in the Championship (8th)

Chesterfield who are bottom of the Championship now, lol.

There are only THREE Premiership sides in the Quarter finals. Tottenham, Man City (who play each other) and Brentford or Newcastle (they haven't played their match yet). The other sides are Charlton, Millwall and Wolves who are all in the Championship.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, so fucking close.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm....

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vision 6
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've lost 3 of our last 4 (keeper has been wank letting in so many poor shots and our strikers went shy) which put us in a nervy spot. Annoyingly we had the better xG in all those games.

On the final day we play Crawley at home. Bradford play Southend at home who are in 12th and Crewe play 14th Morecambe away.

Edit: Game crashed a day before the final day, ffs.

We still won our game but we tried to throw it.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 22-05-2024 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hitchin Town 2042/43 Season Update:

League:

Feels a little bittersweet after Bradford got fucked by the crash as they lost a point in the re-done 45th game. However, the xG table makes me feel a touch better:

And ultimately we'd have been automatically promoted no matter what due to the win over Crawley on the final day.

Cups:

Absolutely bonkers across the board. It's the best/worst FA Cup run ever though and I'd have probably taken a 3rd or 4th round exit had we faced a big Premiership team away from home but I'm not complaining.

Man City facing Charlton in the final.

Ioan was the top scorer in the league btw on 29 which is light for him but you can't knock that return.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are your finances doing?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe we were -£250k at one point.

Our youth setup was manageable before we turned pro, now it's nutty. We spent £2.6m this season on it compared to £740k the season before.

FA Cup run really helped us. £571k in prize money, £120k in TV money plus a lot from gates.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big fan of that font in your game, lovely and clean.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That FA Cup run was indeed clutch. Going into League 1 in the black is nothing to scoff at, especially when you're not going to be spending money in transfer fees.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure we'll be in the black by the time we're a League 1 club.

No matches mean the club is bleeding money.

Edit: Scratch that. We've just been given £482k for participating in League Two.

Edit:

Ioan with a slightly longer contract with no more release clause to teams in a higher division
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 22-05-2024 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the days of yore where I would only arrange friendlies against the biggest clubs possible just to limit the bleeding. I wonder if that method still works.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember the days of yore where I would only arrange friendlies against the biggest clubs possible just to limit the bleeding. I wonder if that method still works.
    It does. I've been doing that and I think my record was 20 in one season.

In terms of cash we've also just been given £250k for playing in the FA Cup so we're minted now with just over a mill.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIP.

Also, Everton winning isn't a big thing in my save now. This is their SIXTH title in a row. They had a tycoon takeover in 2030 and even though he's scaled back funding 3 times they're still banging.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post
    Big fan of that font in your game, lovely and clean.
    Yeah, what skin is it?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Yeah, what skin is it?
    WTCS Gold.

I use it every year.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Second time this has happened to me in this save (the other one in Serie A, so not even the same league). It's funny how they haven't managed to fix the simplest stuff (games every 2 days? sure!) in decades and have instead just managed to break the basics. They're genuinely stealing a living at this point.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guerra squared it to the player in the middle, who apparently wasn't offside according to the game:

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe offsides are only actually exactly correct on the 2D pitch view.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah 3D is off on a lot of things.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FM being janky? Miles wouldn't allow it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I suppose they could market "CORRECT OFFSIDE DECISIONS IN THE 3D ENGINE" as a new feature for 25...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our first Premiership scalp in a cup competition!

Idiot CDM picked up his second red of the season to make me nervous.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toning down a bit the "we spent a gazillion tetrallion pounds to build the strongest squad" type of updates that my save has devolved into, here's a shorter update. My City stint lasted three seasons, with me spending a measly 1.3 billion in transfers, thought we did also sell 500m worth of players to make up for some of it. This translated to three Premier League titles, three FA Cups and two League Cups. It also resulted in us making the Champions League final all three times, though we only won the first one. Ironically it was the only one we didn't dominate. We found ourselves in a very precarious position when Liverpool got the lead in the 2nd minute of injury time, but we equalised 5 minutes later and then scored twice in extra time to win my third Champions League in a row (and fourth overall). The next final was against Inter and even though we dominated the game and grabbed an early lead through a 39-year old Haaland, two defensive lapses meant we lost the game 2-1. The third one was against Real and that was the more annoying one of the lot as, in true Real fashion, their first shot on target was in the 89th minute and it just so happened to be the equaliser after we squandered chance after chance. They even got the lead in extra time, but we managed to grab an equaliser ourselves, before losing the trophy on penalties. That's 6 Champions League finals in a row for me, with a 50% success (4 won out 7 finals overall).

In terms of transfers, my strategy practically devolved into me signing players that had played for me in previous clubs, as we ended up signing a total of 5 of my former players at Real and 3 of my former players at Milan.

I could have stayed for a season or two more at City to get more shots at winning the Champions League again, but one job that would keep me on target for winning the league and champions league with a club from each of the five big leagues became available:

That said, the Champions League win won't be an easy task, as PSG have suffered from at least a decade of blatant mismanagement and find themselves with a fairly average squad, and a small one at that (22-23 first team players), as well as bad finances. I was given 55m to spend on transfers and a 6.7m p/w wage budget. For reference, my budgets at Real and City were typically at 300-400m for transfers and at 10m p/w for wages, so that's what we'll have to compete with. I do, however, fancy the challenge as those last 6-7 years have been quite easy, with me paying ridiculous money and attracting the creme de la creme. This past season we paid 325m to bring Rydlewicz to City, to give you an idea.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 25-05-2024 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My team are still fucking thugs.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Le Havre currently the frontrunners of the "Worst kit ever" race:

Screenshot doesn't even really do it justice. They looked like 5-year olds that had spent all day playing in the mud.
    Last edited by Adramelch; 27-05-2024 at 05:26 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point of discussion: My usual MO when I'm at a big club with adequate squad depth is to essentially have a First-XI and a Second-XI, playing the first in most matches and the second in matches that I think they can handle as well as matches that don't matter. At some point players from the Second-XI typically impress me, especially since it's often youngsters that are developing and get their shot at First-XI.

My question is how do you guys typically compare say one winger vs the other when the former is facing the Reals and Cities of the world, while the second one is consistently facing relegation fodder at home.

It's not a big deal, it's just a thought that has occurred to me a few times and I was wondering how other people feel about it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished my 5th season with Spezia. We reached the cup final, which went to penalties, with Pafundi pulling this off.
    https://streamable.com/io2gia

Sadly, we didn't win.

The league went right down to the last game of the season, mostly due to October being the worst month anyone has ever had, after Inter dropped points in game 37, seemingly giving us the league, we lost our fixture too, so to the last days it went.

Fixtures:

The Lad: (sorry for the small font, was to get them all in.

Transfers:

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made me chuckle.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Stadium day!

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point of discussion: My usual MO when I'm at a big club with adequate squad depth is to essentially have a First-XI and a Second-XI, playing the first in most matches and the second in matches that I think they can handle as well as matches that don't matter. At some point players from the Second-XI typically impress me, especially since it's often youngsters that are developing and get their shot at First-XI.

My question is how do you guys typically compare say one winger vs the other when the former is facing the Reals and Cities of the world, while the second one is consistently facing relegation fodder at home.

It's not a big deal, it's just a thought that has occurred to me a few times and I was wondering how other people feel about it.
    Boring answer is that unless you're trying to RPG it, an impressive performance against crystal palace in the league cup is practically irrelevant, and it's entirely about the attributes.

I wish I had the imagination to play the game as a genuine simulation of being a football manager, where you could spot greatness in your u21 striker banging in 7 against ebsfleet, but the fm gods don't work that way. It's excel spreadsheet simulator bro, you compare them by their attributes.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started a new Crewe game on CM01/02 (Division 2 (tier 3)) . Needed a striker after Hulse got injured for3 months.. and for some reason Tottenham agreed a 6 month loan with just 10% wage contribution, and Iverson agreed immediately. Way above my level

Paired him up front with Indonesia legend Bambang Pamungkas

With a young Dean Ashton rotating in and out.

Loving how quick this game is.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set the aim of signing a 30 goal striker to help finally win the league with little Spezia.
    Think I've found him

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And always love to see 01-02 screenshots.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep the updates coming, chaps. I enjoy reading them.

I'm still playing me FM11 save. Think I'm in the year 2091 at the mo. Smashing it with Gillingham, winning everything. But no other club will take me as I'm over 100 years old on the game.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A player that was at the club before me, and was the star in our promotion in the first season still plays most games. He's getting interest from Man United and Atletico Madrid, I don't even look at the bids, just hit reject
    He's not even that amazing, but I bloody love him

Aim is to get him a testimonial.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    Keep the updates coming, chaps. I enjoy reading them.

I'm still playing me FM11 save. Think I'm in the year 2091 at the mo. Smashing it with Gillingham, winning everything. But no other club will take me as I'm over 100 years old on the game.
    Would you ever get a new FM?

Or is your FM11 save the only one for you for the rest of your life?

It's an incredible feat, no idea how you haven't got bored of it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably autism.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying anything long term in 01-02 either stops from boredom or the game itself actively starts making it difficult. I've not played enough FM to test it out but I reckon it's less likely to buckle like that.