User Tag List

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
Results 3,801 to 3,814 of 3814

Thread: What shall your weekend bring?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Officially move into my new place today. Getting a kebab, I have 30 edibles, ten days annual leave. Fucking yas.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently sat at a kids birthday party () and they're playing the game where the kids have to sit down when the music stops. Standard stuff, except, the woman is remembering who is out by giving the losers star stickers and having them sit in a little group.

I've been to Pirate, Princess and Dinosaur themed birthday parties, but a Holocaust theme is a new one on me.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to a cocktail bar yesterday where magicians would come and sit with you for a bit. One of them “read my mind” and I felt like a proper loser when he got it right.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See Spikey, there's always something worse that could be happening to you.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    I went to a cocktail bar yesterday where magicians would come and sit with you for a bit. One of them “read my mind” and I felt like a proper loser when he got it right.
    What did he read? "this is well better than being home...but at home I could be doing a raid on Dungeon Siege, so maybe that is better?"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    See Spikey, there's always something worse that could be happening to you.
    Didn't have to do the hokey cokey though, did he?

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He said to think of something we have that we like and write it down on a little card. He asked if it was an instrument or a pet so I said no (my wife picked our cat but blurted out her name before he had chance to properly guess hers, cos she’s useless. If anyone’s played that forced-fun game called Chameleon, never play it with my wife and her family unless you want a fury-induced aneurysm) and then he wrote down CAR on a piece of card and showed my wife. ‘Nah he won’t have written that he’s not arsed about hi-‘ as I reveal ‘my car’ scrawled on the card he’d given me.

Should have played havoc and gone with giant dildo or signed Ian Huntley photo, or something I don’t even own like a rugby ball.
    I'm a twit

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to my dad's for the first time in over a year, he gave me £300, legend. Might go more often if he does that every time.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the better ways to find out somebody has dementia.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe his book has been published.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how quickly the conversation went from catch-up to Jonathan Greening.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    I wonder how quickly the conversation went from catch-up to Jonathan Greening.
    Neil Clement but close enough

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    One of the better ways to find out somebody has dementia.
    He's actually the most cogent he's been for fucking years. He's given up the booze, which is pretty impressive but feels pretty futile. Bottle of jack daniels a day for the best part of four decades, then goes teetotal as a 69 year old disabled shut in stroke victim. Surely now is the optimal time to be a massive alcoholic? Fair play, though.

He said he didn't want to subject me to the faff of trying to sell his old records when he dies, so sold the lot of them for the aforementioned £300 to some nerd he met online. Pretty sure he got massively ripped off, but I spose the profit margin will be dependent on having those Big Audio Dynamite records sitting round the house for years while they wait for them to sell on discogs. Probably a reasonable tradeoff.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your dad's got the right idea. I've just went round my folks for a chat and to pick up any duplicate DVDs my dad has. I was expecting loads but it's mostly the back half of the Fast and Furious collection. Nowt I especially want so I'll probably add to my pile of stuff to trade in.

The downside being he's still got hundreds more and I dread the day we have to deal with all that at once.