Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
Quick story as i saw this thread and had a flashback.

So there was some type of water leak at my parent's house a few weeks ago that required digging holes through concrete. The workman did the work but they were not nice to communicate too. They said its policy now, that they can't replace the old nice brickwork. They can only black tarmac it off which would look shit.

When workman used to come to my parent's house, my dad used to always give the workmen herb because in his words, "You have to slow the white boys down". My mom never agreed with his methods. Usually, on the second day of the job. The workmen would correct all the mistakes they made from the herb, and would do a better job overall as an appreciation type of thing. If that makes sense. Hoping for more herb.

In this instance, I don't smoke but I did make them some fritters . In the end, they didn't tarmac off the multiple holes they left. Instead, they put the nice coloured concrete bricks back in there original setup. Sometimes it's better to be nice to people even if they don't start that way with you. Dads a legend
I implied nothing apart from the truth.