Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stropping round the house because they gave his theremin to some div down the road.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's pitching states against each other like it's a round-robin tournament which I'm sure can't lead to any negative outcomes, he's greenlighted those 'healthy' states to reopen as early as tomorrow and he's said he wants stadiums and restauranta back to full capacity soon approximately 30 seconds after Fauci says that is probably unlikely till vaccine is out

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's mental.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Well, that's the least surprising Autistic coming out that we've had.

Edit: Phonics, not the Mormon.
    Not being able to admit your own flaws is so weak. I’m sure you’re a perfect human being though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Social distancing!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell that cunt to stop beeping. Prick.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many of them treated cleaners, super market workers etc like shit in the good times?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are still treating supermarket workers like shit.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about this vaccine stuff, is there any degree of confidence we'll actually have one within any sort of time frame?

As much as the Trump approach is moronic, scientists saying you're all locked down until we have a vaccine strikes me as an open-ended solution.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    China have just casually increased their death toll by 50%.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 17-04-2020 at 07:29 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I don't know about this vaccine stuff, is there any degree of confidence we'll actually have one within any sort of time frame?

As much as the Trump approach is moronic, scientists saying you're all locked down until we have a vaccine strikes me as an open-ended solution.
    I don't see how they can have. And there's the small matter of manufacturing enough to vaccinate billions of people once they have anyway.

You just know America will make the first one, vaccinate their own then Trump will sell it on to the rest of the world with a 1000% mark up and a load of trade demands for the future.

Realistically the Government had it right with Herd Immunity. It's just going to have to be done painfully slowly and I bet it still is our actual plan. It's going to be a long year.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 17-04-2020 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Tell that cunt to stop beeping. Prick.
    100% Portuguese

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    China have just casually increases their death toll by 50%.
    Yeah I enjoyed that one when I woke up this morning and saw it on the news. Just casually found them down the back of the sofa I would imagine.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how they can have. And there's the small matter of manufacturing enough to vaccinate billions of people once they have anyway.

You just know America will make the first one, vaccinate their own then Trump will sell it on to the rest of the world with a 1000% mark up and a load of trade demands for the future.

Realistically the Government had it right with Herd Immunity. It's just going to have to be done painfully slowly and I bet it still is our actual plan. It's going to be a long year.
    Yeah, I remember it said at the time (when the scientists ballsed the maths up) that it would take up to two years (without breaching NHS capacity) for there to be enough immunity in the herd to make it go away. Which coincidentally takes us to the 'some social distancing to needed until 2022' line.

For me, the vaccine in 12 months stuff is a flight of fancy, even before you get to all the anti-vaccers refusing to take it, so the government need to be honest about what the plan is and explain it clearly and concisely enough to get the public and influential figures in this on side.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for China increasing their death toll, it's just further fuel to Trump being absolutely bang on about withdrawing WHO funding, the shower of shit that they are.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Yeah, I remember it said at the time (when the scientists ballsed the maths up) that it would take up to two years (without breaching NHS capacity) for there to be enough immunity in the herd to make it go away. Which coincidentally takes us to the 'some social distancing to needed until 2022' line.

For me, the vaccine in 12 months stuff is a flight of fancy, even before you get to all the anti-vaccers refusing to take it, so the government need to be honest about what the plan is and explain it clearly and concisely enough to get the public and influential figures in this on side.
    There's no way they take a 2 year approach. At some point they will get more daring and allow the waves to spread to more people. They will push the NHS to the limit.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Todays news is that Outback QLD want to reopen their pubs AND close all the roads coming out of the south east corner.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody fighting words hey!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post

I wrote a post about this a few pages back, but getting a vaccine within one year is absolutely possible. There are 6 different candidates in human trials already and most of them have completion dates of early 2021. You rush that through approval and you could definitely see the first batches being manufactured and administered by summer next year.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, combined with the antibody test, you can skip those at-risks that have already been exposed.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    And, combined with the antibody test, you can skip those at-risks that have already been exposed.
    Well this is where I question the usefulness of antibody testing. We don't know how long the antibody will persist in the blood. What if it's a month? By the time the vaccine comes out those previously infected people would need a jab to act as a booster.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair. Some suggest it could be a lifetime but then you've also got to consider if there's other significant strains out there. It can't be as short as a month, though. Then you'd see people being infected twice in hot zones like Seoul and Wuhan.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair. Some suggest it could be a lifetime but then you've also got to consider if there's other significant strains out there. It can't be as short as a month, though. Then you'd see people being infected twice in hot zones like Seoul and Wuhan.
    It could be lifetime, or it could be very short and that will no doubt be a massive part of the human trials theyve got going now. They'll be drawing blood at regular time intervals and checking the persistence of the antibody levels.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is reportedly someone that's had it 3 times

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Norman 'bite yer legs' Hunter has died of Covid.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got toothache.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah righto Albo you weirdo...

We've got the best health workers in the world.

All of them – from the orderlies and the cleaners, to the doctors and the nurses – are working their guts out to keep us safe.

So from every Australian – thank you.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Complete bollocks. Overwhelming the health care system would have led to many more avoidable deaths. Lock down followed by controlled testing and tracing is the only method we have (and we're only using the first bit).

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is reportedly someone that's had it 3 times
    Tested positive three times, I don't think they've been reinfected.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the best publicity ever for them.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...ic-994585.html

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've done the same thing, as have France. I don't understand whether the issue with fruit picking is no one will do it (find that hard to believe with thousands out of work and locked indoors), or that only illegal slave wages can be paid for it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    British firms have done it too, claiming that while they've had shitloads of applications from people in the UK to do the work it's not enough.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The type of ones who would be protesting that are the ones who wouldn't get out of bed to do anything, let alone pick fruit.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Complete bollocks. Overwhelming the health care system would have led to many more avoidable deaths. Lock down followed by controlled testing and tracing is the only method we have (and we're only using the first bit).
    I think they had it right in the sense that short of a vaccine it's realistically the only way we're going to be rid of this, they just got the timescale massively wrong, so as you say it would have led to a shit load more deaths.

Our testing is shit, we have a near non-existent tracing function and we're still letting anyone waltz into the country freely. How else are we going to get it sorted?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Community immunity.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Herd mentality, bruh

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Island immunity.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're still going for herd immunity, aren't we? Just with a half-hearted lockdown rather than 'let them die' rhetoric.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    We're still going for herd immunity, aren't we? Just with a half-hearted lockdown rather than 'let them die' rhetoric.
    I should imagine the conversations will have evolved, but I'd be staggered if there hasn't been one along the lines of "this is what we're going to do and this is what we'll tell the public we're going to do".

Absolutely nothing has happened that suggests we're going to beat this by testing and tracing, which only leaves the vaccine or letting enough 'healthy' people get it. With the former having an uncertain timeline you have to work towards the latter as a contingency at the very least in case the vaccine takes ages to materialise.

In short:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which in turn leads to the semi-mythical 'antibody test' being the key to the puzzle.

Speaking of telling the public things, there is a good account on the Guardian of Boris's illness. Sounds like he was indeed much iller than they were ever letting on, but also that he really was in ICU as a precaution: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-story-illness

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "he was indeed much iller than they were ever letting on, but also that he really was in ICU as a precaution"

Is this the first time in history everyone won the e-battle?

E-victory... for... all?!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Norman 'bite yer legs' Hunter has died of Covid.
    It's a rough one to take is that. He was still a pretty regular fixture around Elland Road right up until the point of all this kicking off, a bonafide club legend and an absolute gentleman to boot. Whenever my Dad would talk to me about watching that Revie-era Leeds side, Norman Hunter seemed to always be the one he held in particular high esteem. Definitely somebody who will be hugely missed at Leeds.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bring on the antibody tests and get Sports Direct open.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard Corona gets shook when they see a ferry doing spinnaroonies in the river so you guys should be okay.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you see we're giving the NHS little badges too?

It's like giving a shit but actually just making a bare minimum effort to pretend you give a shit.

What with that the boat circles COVID-19 must be shitting itself.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No chance Rishi becomes PM at that height.