User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pancake day

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had those Swedish things and the Polish doughnuts. Both decent.

I'm a classic lemon/raisin/sugar kinda guy, although I'm ok with blueberries, bananas and Speculoous. I fucking love Pancake Day

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Genuinely misread that as 'Speculums' for a moment there and thought we had another Trancemeister situation unfolding.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This:

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to use half the jar of that to taste it.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pancake day is once a year, so may as well use the whole jar.
    I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Pancake day is once a year, so may as well use the whole jar.
    Do you only eat pancakes once a year?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    You have to use half the jar of that to taste it.
    WUT?

I'd get that checked out if I was you.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the hell is biscuit spread when its at home?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's basically the dust of those biscuits folded into oil, the latter of which lingers longest.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mo View Post
    What the hell is biscuit spread when its at home?
    It's the taste of true heaven, made manifest on Earth. Glorious stuff.

Don't listen to Lewis and his anti-Speculuuos fake news

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nice to eat out of the jar, but it's useless as a spread and you can still taste the greasiness long after the moreish biscuit taste has gone (although that could be down to quantity if you are just doing it out of the jar).

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    It fucking is not. Hammer reckons they're just Yorkshire Puddings, are you aligning yourself with that.
    I'm about 50% impressed and 50% concerned that you remember something like that from (at least) a year ago.

That said, I am right, and in your unilateral galaxy of wrongness I suppose it probably sticks out a lot.

It's them both having the exact same ingredients that gives it away, if you think about it

Alex

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have any because I couldn't be arsed. My mate made a load when I was round hers a few weeks ago, and that fulfilled my yearly quota anyway. Lemon and sugar is my favourite, but I quite liked this weird concoction she'd made with rum to have with them.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listening to this a few times got me in the pancake spirit anyway, without the calorie hit.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I'm about 50% impressed and 50% concerned that you remember something like that from (at least) a year ago.

That said, I am right, and in your unilateral galaxy of wrongness I suppose it probably sticks out a lot.

It's them both having the exact same ingredients that gives it away, if you think about it

Alex
    Don't worry petal, you're not special. I just have a brilliant memory.

The fact that they have the same ingredients is irrelevant. They're cooked in completely different ways, so even if you made a batch of both poured from exactly the same mixing bowl the results would be such obviously different things that using the ingredients as a justification for smothering a pancake in gravy should, and will, see you lolled out of the room.

Try serving up a pancake next time you make a roast dinner and see how it goes down with your dinner guests.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I skim read that I thought it said 'roast dinner...go down on your dinner guests' which would possibly be more plausible at the hammer house of horror.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know which is weirder between Hammer eating pancakes with gravy and Hammer sucking off a tranny.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Americans have them with that filthy white 'gravy', so it sounds like a tragic bollocks attempt to replicate that, and probably pushed by the sort of wankers round here who think putting burgers between Yorkshire puddings makes their menu interesting.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact that they have the same ingredients is irrelevant. They're cooked in completely different ways, so even if you made a batch of both poured from exactly the same mixing bowl the results would be such obviously different things that using the ingredients as a justification for smothering a pancake in gravy should, and will, see you lolled out of the room.

Try serving up a pancake next time you make a roast dinner and see how it goes down with your dinner guests.
    So identical ingredients are irrelevant and it's all about how it's cooked. I guess with that in mind then, eggs are completely different from eggs.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but scrambled eggs are different from fried eggs are different from poached eggs are different from omelettes are different from boiled eggs. Boiling it down to things with one ingredient is so obviously stupid and obtuse that I'm not sure there's much point continuing, but are a fried egg sandwich and French toast the same thing?

Stow your idiocy for now and just let us know how you get on serving a pancake the next time you make a roast for friends.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John loses for calling it 'French Toast'. Who do you think you are, Mahow?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what it was called in my house growing up so even though I know now it's a fucking daft name for it it's still the first name that comes to mind.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will always be 'eggy bread'.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but scrambled eggs are different from fried eggs are different from poached eggs are different from omelettes are different from boiled eggs. Boiling it down to things with one ingredient is so obviously stupid and obtuse that I'm not sure there's much point continuing, but are a fried egg sandwich and French toast the same thing?

Stow your idiocy for now and just let us know how you get on serving a pancake the next time you make a roast for friends.
    They'd probably find it quite funny, and so would I.

My point was in relation to gravy 'working' with both Yorkshire puddings and pancakes because it's basically the same thing done differently. Would ketchup work with scrambled eggs? Poached eggs? Boiled eggs? Omelettes? Fried egg sandwich? French toast? Because that's the kind of question that's actually analogous, you dingbat.

I love how seriously you take this place, it's amazing, and I love how much silly nonsense you remember about people. It's as though it all really means a lot to you. I assume it's people on here in general, and not just me. It's a little tragic though, because I doubt I'm alone in saying that I don't really remember anything about you at all. There's really nothing, other than that you're Scottish and you've got the brain thing. I only know you're Scottish because it's beneath your avatar and the brain thing because it sheds light on a lot of your tragic behaviour on here.

John

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There it is. SEETHING.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ketchup doesn't work on any type of eggs. Or on anything else, really, vile shit. It's ok with fries ocasionally.

French toast (with maple syrup, of course.)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    French toast with ketchup.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is the kind question to consider for a point of comparison, is all I'm saying

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alternatively, I remember things because I have a really good memory. This place does mean a fair amount to me, and I'd be suspicious of anyone who claimed anything they'd been a part of for over half their lives didn't mean anything to them, but I don't see that as a negative and it says a lot about you that you seem to.

I'll give you the credit of assuming you see the irony in telling me you remember nothing about me before mentioning a catalogue of behaviour, but I'm interested to know what 'tragic' behaviour you're talking about, and how my life essentially having a ticking clock on it informs your view of that behaviour.

Go on, Hammer. Continue telling me how seriously I take this place while you're in the midst of a low level psychotic event over being told that gravy is inappropriate on a pancake.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Low-level psychotic event'? Really? Tone can be missed in writing, I guess. I'm not sure where you've got that from though. My posts seem to be the more measured ones, to me . You remembered something innocuous I'd said from yonks ago and it went from there. Pancakes aren't really that important to me, in honesty.

It's just the general impression that comes across, really. I really don't think I'm the one seething. Well, I know I'm not, because I'm just sat here typing normally. You just seem to be seething at everything, in honesty. I don't and can't know so for certain, obviously - I wouldn't even know for certain if I knew you personally. You can't even know for certain something about someone after having counselled them for weeks on end, for that matter. So I can't really answer. All I can do is give my perspective on it, and I've given that. My perspective is that you come across as extremely depressed and resentful. Again, I might be wrong, but that's how it seems to me.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fucking state of that.

Have a read back over the thread and see who was the first of us to offer up a paragraph of ad hominem irrelevance, then think again about who was being more measured in their approach to the conversation. If you're just going to fall back on platitudinous nonsense when questioned on your assertions why bother making them in the first place?

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fucking state of that.

Have a read back over the thread and see who was the first of us to offer up a paragraph of ad hominem irrelevance, then think again about who was being more measured in their approach to the conversation. If you're just going to fall back on platitudinous nonsense when questioned on your assertions why bother making them in the first place?
    I read this thread immediately after reading the other one about TV quiz failures, where you randomly threw an ad hominem my way when I'd not even commented and was in no wat relevant to the thread. I think coming in here it felt like you were at it again, and so the tone was partly in response to that.

I don't think anything I've said is nonsense though.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let him have gravy on his pancakes if he wants. Jesus.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The teacher bloke in that thread looks a bit like you, and you'd already posted your hateful gravy preference in this thread so I was providing context for Alex when he agreed with you.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    Ketchup doesn't work on any type of eggs. Or on anything else, really, vile shit. It's ok with fries ocasionally.

French toast (with maple syrup, of course.)
    Eggs and Tabasco/any hot sauce though

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Eggs and Tabasco/any hot sauce though
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's John's brain thing?

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The teacher bloke in that thread looks a bit like you
    Oh, well that changes everything.

you'd already posted your hateful gravy preference in this thread so I was providing context for Alex when he agreed with you.
    I can't be sure, but I personally doubt anyone would read the thread through and say it that I'm the one that's being hateful.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    What's John's brain thing?
    It's an organ that serves as the central nervous system.

Not something you need to concern yourself with, bro.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Oh, well that changes everything.

I can't be sure, but I personally doubt anyone would read the thread through and say it that I'm the one that's being hateful.
    You weren't being hateful. You were however the one who lost their shit at being told their food preference didn't quite work for 95% of the board so swings and roundabouts.

Mentioned
    204 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Do you only eat pancakes once a year?
    Yes. On pancake day.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    It's an organ that serves as the central nervous system.

Not something you need to concern yourself with, bro.
    Arf.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    You weren't being hateful. You were however the one who lost their shit at being told their food preference didn't quite work for 95% of the board so swings and roundabouts.
    I really didn't lose my shit, and I'm not sure how you can know that

This is all a bit tedious, so to bring to subject reasonably back on point: I didn't actually have pancakes this year. I might have some tonight though, with some lovely gravy

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If essentially calling someone who disagrees with you a manic depressive isn't you losing your shit then OK.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't call him manic depressive. What does being manic depressive have to do with anything? You know that that's different from standard depression, yeah?

I was pretty calm when writing it. I was talking about the resentment and hatefulness I seem to pick up on, and it was that which I was referring to. I disagree with lots of people on here and we're able to have pretty standard and pleasant conversations.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh look at me! I did a course!

Pancakes and gravy is weird and you've seethed your way to this point, no one else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'I did a course'? What?

Who's seething, sorry?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anytime anyone mentions anything to do with mental illness then in rides captain patronising to explain it to us mere mortals.

You called someone depressed and resentful because they didn't like gravy on their pancakes mate, end of thread.

Banned
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok then

It's definitely me that's seething though, isn't it?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah.

Anyway let's leave it there. If this carries on any longer Bam won't know how to go back and see that zinger I gave him earlier.

EDIT: Too late