User Tag List

Page 116 of 238 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 5,751 to 5,800 of 11872

Thread: U.S. Presidential Election 2016 (Sponsored by Betty Croker's Hamburger Helper)

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mert View Post
    I mean he was considered a branding / marketing genius before he became president. Maybe the secret to success is to be super insecure and overcompensate nonstop for it?
    Branding / marketing genius. Fucking lol.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did he sell those steaks again?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    They have to ditch him. You cannot govern on this. It's been four weeks and he's already brick-walled and lashing out. America cannot take four years of legitimate stagnation.
    Do you do any independent thinking or do you just regurgitate what the media elites want you to believe without questioning on every topic?

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's Shinners. The media elite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have to ditch him. You cannot govern on this. It's been four weeks and he's already brick-walled and lashing out. America cannot take four years of legitimate stagnation.
    And yet, somehow, the country hasn't fallen apart just yet.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean he was considered a branding / marketing genius before he became president. Maybe the secret to success is to be super insecure and overcompensate nonstop for it?
    I'll cross my fingers for you.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely if there are media elites, it's the ones who have the President's ear and drive his policy decisions. Not the other ones.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you do any independent thinking or do you just regurgitate what the media elites want you to believe without questioning on every topic?
    As opposed to the 'regurgitated thinking' of the legal elites you're trying to join?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump asked black journalist April Ryan if she would set up a meeting for him with the Congressional Black Caucus to discuss his inner-city agenda: “Are they friends of yours?”

It's a thin line between parody and farce.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump is highly watchable, at least.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalAussie View Post

It's a thin line between parody and farce.
    I'm pretty sure he's trolling. Pretty sure.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kinda of a response is that? What benefit does a political leader going into press conferences with the, "Fine. Everything's fine. Great, in fact. Amazing." If this is one big troll job then how much damage is it doing? I mean, he can't string a team together, the public's not on his side and his reputation with other leaders within and outside the US is already in the toilet.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the best part of yesterday was...

Trump: Fake news is terrible.. fake news... terrible
    Trump: We had the largest electoral margin since Reagan
    Reporter: That's not correct
    Trump: Yeah, well, somebody just told me that, so I don't know

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GS View Post
    Trump is highly watchable, at least.
    Really? I'm bored of his crap voice now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A President who just parrots whatever shit is given to him is exactly what's required. The way he just brushes it off with 'not my fault' any time someone points out he's talking nonsense is great fun though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Economic conditions are bad if a black man runs the show.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very much enjoying Tiny Trump.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The media is the enemy of the people. Not scary at all, hearing that.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scousers like this.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    The media is the enemy of the people. Not scary at all, hearing that.
    I mean the Left-wing media is...they just spread lies 24/7 to promote their own political views

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Hi, I'm Bill O'Reilly. I will now present my political views as news."

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That press conference was just a thing of beauty.

If you ever want to show someone the platonic example of someone who's coming apart at the seams because they've realised they're in far, far deeper water than they first realised, you just show them that. Trump won't get impeached (both sides of the legislative branch are craven cowards), but there's got to be a very real chance that he'll pack it all in well before the end of the term, surely.

I've never seen anyone before who so obviously hates their job, and I worked at a supermarket for five years.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will he, though? You can't go to the press with this much pride and then hand it all in. I think the CIA and FBI need something on him. Ask Russia for the tapes.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will he, though? You can't go to the press with this much pride and then hand it all in. I think the CIA and FBI need something on him. Ask Russia for the tapes.
    I think he got his energy from his rallies. He loved being in front of thousands of people cheering him on, saying whatever came to mind without consequence. Now it's just a difficult office job where everyone criticises your mistakes, even friendly media voices call out lies, there's two other government branches keeping tabs on you, and those thousands of people from before are expecting you to give them the world.

Isn't he organising another rally in Florida to make himself feel better? Mate, you're President now. The campaign is over, and the job has started. And the job sucks.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you ever want to show someone the platonic example of someone who's coming apart at the seams because they've realised they're in far, far deeper water than they first realised, you just show them that. Trump won't get impeached (both sides of the legislative branch are craven cowards), but there's got to be a very real chance that he'll pack it all in well before the end of the term, surely.

I've never seen anyone before who so obviously hates their job, and I worked at a supermarket for five years.
    Do you realize his press conference was received as one of the greatest by any President ever by the right? We are loving the Left absolutely lose it's mind.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure he could take a dump on the podium and you'd all jerk one out to it, so let's not overstate things.

It was wonderful though. He's like three pointed SNL impressions away from turning into Peter Finch from Network.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you realize his press conference was received as one of the greatest by any President ever by the right? We are loving the Left absolutely lose it's mind.
    If that's true then you've all vanished into an irony free zone in a crease of someone's arsehole.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had this nailed down from day 1. The actual job, with all the bullshit you have to deal with, is not close to fun and he doesn't remotely strike me as the type who'd be arsed with that long term.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Some are considering it the greatest ever press conference"
    "The left-wing media just spread lies" (what have Fox been doing for the past 8 yrs?)

Now I know Mert is just trolling us all.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump is playing just fine to his base. He has always been 100% content free. Everyone just ignores it when he bashes the people they hate. His views on the Middle East were always a form of that nonsense he spouted on uranium. If you pointed it out intelligent people left, right, and center would go on about Hillary's dumb idea, Obama, or the policy elite. I fell for it when he was doing it to Bush and Rubio, you all loved it against Hillary, and people in the South and Midwest will continue to love it against Hollywood, liberals, and the bubble elites. As a red state D it will play for a long while, but everyone else can stop acting like they didn't fall for it too.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/sta...08296248750080

I have no idea what happened last night in Sweden. Maz?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So turns out the reason Trump is struggling to fill many of the 4,000 presidential appointed posts is that they are vetoed by him if they have ever criticised him in the past.

It's quite amusing watching what happens when a five year old is in charge but then you realise that he's calling the media the 'Enemy of the American people' and you realise he's not far off Chairman Mao.

Thank God for checks and balances I guess.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Swedes baffled by Trump’s ’last night in Sweden’ comment"
    http://www.thelocal.se/20170219/swed...sweden-comment

But then one of the sidebar stories is "Sweden feels pinch of Mediterranean vegetable shortage" so maybe it's that.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    But then one of the sidebar stories is "Sweden feels pinch of Mediterranean vegetable shortage" so maybe it's that.
    Bad hombres squeezing us.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Come here, crazed member of the public."

The state of it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the clip before the 'lol what happened in Sweden?' stuff, and I took it to mean them locking up that Syrian war criminal who arrived as a refugee.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing of note happened here. He seems to claim he was referring to something he saw on Fox about Sweden 'in general'. From what I gather, this guy called Ami Horowitz is trying to make some sort of documentary about immigration and violence in Sweden. It would actually have been quite interesting to see, but then I saw a clip with him on Fox just now and he seems, well, quite American in his style of Journalism.

Basically, a whole bunch of the stats he was talking about are not correct (someone debunked it). For instance Sweden only recieved 30.000 immigrants in 2016 (a lot more in 2015 though).

For instance he says the "statistics are clear" about who perpetrators of crime are. Now, whoeved does commit crimes is one thing, it could be that refugees are overrepresented or not - but there are no statistics to be found in Sweden about that since crime reports or statistics in general never factor in ethnicity (you are not allowed to keep track of people ethnicity in Sweden, the police tried once at some point in secret and was quite thoroughly bashed for doing that).

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the most laughable thing about the Fox-coverage. You don't need to make up shit to have a critical discussion about the challenges and yes, problems, that the amount of asylum seekers we took in over the last 3-ish years has led to. It's really frustrating to try to take the position of "maybe we took in too many during 2015" when way more than 50% of the people agreeing with that are complete loons.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved the graph outlining how there's thousands more rapes in Sweden per year without mentioning that the Swedish definition of a rape crime is a million times broader than every other country in the world.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Say what you like about 'Saint, but he had the Somalians figured out years ago.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Loved the graph outlining how there's thousands more rapes in Sweden per year without mentioning that the Swedish definition of a rape crime is a million times broader than every other country in the world.
    Ah that's ok then!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The easiest way for Sweden to counter all of this stuff (and no doubt better inform official responses) would be to start recording who commits crimes, so it's pretty pathetic that they refuse to do so.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Ah that's ok then!
    Sexual Harassment is a rape crime in Sweden rather than Harassment. It's incredibly broad.

If I put every attempted murder, GBH, ABH and Domestic Abuse charge into the murder bucket then murders would go up. It's how statistics work. Like how it seems that 'millions more are in poverty now than at any other time' because we lowered the poverty line.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    The easiest way for Sweden to counter all of this stuff (and no doubt better inform official responses) would be to start recording who commits crimes, so it's pretty pathetic that they refuse to do so.
    They don't for the same reason the UK stopped doing it, it pointed out the fact that non-whites were more likely to be stopped/arrested by Police despite having not comitted crimes and showed there is systematic racism built into the system. Easier politically just not to write it down.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Sexual Harassment is a rape crime in Sweden rather than Harassment. It's incredibly broad.

If I put every attempted murder charge into the murder bucket then murders would go up. It's how statistics work.
    That is absolute bullshite.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For example, Sweden reformed its sex crime legislation and made the legal definition of rape much wider in 2005,[3][4][8][12] which largely explains a significant increase in the number of reported rapes in the ten-year period of 2004-2013.[13][14] The Swedish police also record each instance of sexual violence in every case separately, leading to an inflated number of cases compared to other countries.[8][11][15] Additionally, the Swedish police have improved the handling of rape cases, in an effort to increase the number of crimes reported.[8][14][16][17] Raised awareness and a shifting attitude of sexual crimes in Sweden,[note 1][18] which has been ranked as the number one country in gender equality,[19] may also explain the relatively high rates of reported rape.[8][11][20]
    kek

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did we stop collecting it? There seem to be some pretty recent statistics floating around.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year or two years ago? I remember there was a big hoohah about it.

edit: Fuck me it was 2011, how time flies.

It's on a force-by-force basis rather than a top-down initiative

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/...cord-race-stop

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure but I think if you count more things you really do get a higher number.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that it is not just mert the free thinker that is concerned about Sweden, but that he got that shit from the loonie right. They have some odd interests, that bunch.