Apologies if this turns out to be shit, as I whizzed it up in 40 minutes this morning. I think it works. Should be easier than previous years, I'm not sure. I've themed it around football because a multi-topic quiz which some of you would prefer is beyond me at this point, so apols.

Below there are 24 footballers for you to identify. As well as identifying the players, there are not one but TWO separate ways in which all 24 players are linked. Can you name the players and both things that link them?

1. This striker scored 2 goals in 70 English league games.
2. This midfielder has won the European Cup twice, but the club for which he has made most appearances currently plays in the Championship.
3. This left back won seven league titles in the same country and a European trophy, but his Premier League stint only lasted 15 games.
4. This midfielder shares his name with a famous golf course.
5. This forward scored more than 100 goals for a club bearing part of his name.
6. This versatile player made 282 Premier League appearances and has played at four European Championships, but has never made the quarter-finals.
7. This one-club man, still active, has almost 700 appearances for the same club, but has never scored a goal.
8. This midfielder won two European Cups and also played for Middlesbrough.
9. Four times a European Cup winner, this midfielder was born in a country that no longer exists.
10. This forward never won a league title as a player, but did win the World Cup, the Euros, the Champions League and Europa League.
11. This forward scored over 300 career goals for club and country, but only two of them came during an ill-fated Premier League stint.
12. This centre back played in Argentina, Israel, Mexico and Saudi Arabia as well as captaining his team at the Copa America.
13. This defender spent a decade on Merseyside, and also won an African Nations title.
14. A popular figure in England and Scotland, this midfielder only managed one major tournament visit in a 15-year international career.
15. This forward scored 672 goals for Barcelona, and six, thus far, for PSG.
16. This Euros-winning captain also won a League Cup during a two-year stint in England.
17. This goalkeeper was known as much for his snazzy garb as for his stopping exploits.
18. This midfielder played for four different founder members of the Football League during his career.
19. This midfielder played 616 games for a single club. He never won a league or European trophy with them, but he did win the World Cup.
20. This defender enjoyed his best years in the 1990s, winning a European Cup, as well as the Premier League with two different clubs.
21. Manager at San Siro and Selhurst Park, this former defender also managed his country.
22. This otherwise-prolific forward ruined his one-club record with a short spell at Wolves.
23. This forward has scored over 300 career goals for club and country and is still in his twenties.
24. This defender won La Liga, but never managed to win the African Nations on any of his six attempts.