Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Were Martin O'Neill and Roy Keane that bad? I recognised two names in that Irish team posted further up, so you could have Tik O'Taka running the show and they would surely still be bollocks.
    Watch their last couple of matches and come back to me.
    If you've poor players then it's even more of a reason to have a structure and a plan for a style of play rather than 90 minutes of hoofed clearances. Even bad long ball club teams have an actual plan for the long balls. It's common knowledge that no training ground work was done for the opposition or on the shape of the team, Matt Doherty only said last night that players would be guessing the formation until he named the team an hour before kickoff (which is when Cyrus Christie first found out he was playing in midfield for the first time in his career). His answer to anyone questioning his methods was always basically "I won two European cups and this is how Mr. Clough did it".

There's also a wide range of play between tiki "O" taka and hoofing clearances, it's not either-or. You do need to earn your money and organise players no matter what the style though.

On Keane, well Harry Arter might not be Luka Modric but he's useful enough to us that you don't want him pulling out of squads because the assistant manager calls him a lazy cunt for needing treatment. His input off the pitch was also minimal by all accounts including this last night.

Last edited by Giggles; 22-11-2018 at 07:17 AM.