41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this game has peaked. Wow.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got to the boss in the Catacombs. Christ, he's massive.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Limmy's getting twice as many views as DSP on this.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, there are some very good fights in this. Nearing the end. Two manditory bosses left. Maybe two optional ones I've yet to see.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at the Cathedral of the Deep, I got to a point where I had to cross over that sewery bit on the criss cross beams where a giant Paladin fucker smashed me off. Twice. 22 Thousand Souls. Gone

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pfffft. That doesn't even cost a level to me at this point. The penultimate fight is still crushing me. And my vigor is low so I can't tank it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've summoned, it's done. NG+ doesn't trigger til you say so, like in Dark Souls 2.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive finished the Cathedral and am about half way through Ithyryll. How far am I from completion at this point? Ages right as I still only have one lord of cinder?

P.s. I think the Deacons may just be the easiest boss in Dark Souls history.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe a third/half way there? I'm enjoying NG+ at the moment. Seems like an easier ramp that NG.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got lost, ended up just following items, found a bonfire at 'The Delapidated Manor'. Sick.

Wasted two levels on Stamina though when I have about a million of it. How do you respec?

I bought the healing spell (it said I have enough faith or whatever) and have attuned it onto me. No clue how to cast it though and it's greyed out in the items menu.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You respec somewhere in the Cathedral of the Deep but I've never, ever found it. If your spell is greyed out, you probably need a talisman or chime equipped to use it. Two more bosses (I'm not doing the remaining optional one because.. y'know) left in NG+ but I feel at my limit.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eat it Pontiff CuntFace

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Killed Lord of Cinder. Died at same time. Enemy I've killed 100 times over kills me. GG.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm putting this game on ice for now. Watching LobosJr's speedrun attempts have made me realise how bollocks the penultimate fight is.

EDIT: Okay, Outsyder's This is How You Don't Play is 7 hours long. Fuck.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three down. Lothric to go

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where I finally quit this game. I've beaten Lothric solo once but I cannot abide by the bullshit they pull.

EDIT: Last ending unlocked and I finally beat the last boss at the third attempt.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The platinum is on. Beat the hardest boss in this. It's more luck than difficulty. I feel awesome.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got up to the bit where you kill the two Dragons and have to kill the Dragon Walker or something.

Think I'm done. Lost my passion.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dragonslayer Armour's an okay fight. You're not far out from the end, to be fair.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I figured, I just can't be bothered. When I'm into a game and I'm sitting doing something else I just feel compelled to play it and it's all about finishing it before that fades.

I just want to play Doom now.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm pushing for the platinum. NG++ now. And it's piss.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last page of this thread is great.

"I'm definitely done."
    "OK, so I beat the boss dude."
    "Now I'm definitely done."
    "Yeah, I'm pushing on. But I'm going to be done soon, for sure."

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've definitely played it more than the first Dark Souls, even though I see it as a lesser game. It just seems.... kinda exploitable. Until the super optional boss on NG++. and piss poor drop rate for covenant items. The towel's thrown in. Time to play something else.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Platinum done. Took 4 playthroughs and 95 hours on a single character. Time to put this on a shelf and leave it.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt I even got half way through this in the end so, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to re-start the whole trilogy seeing as I've dicked about with all three to varying degrees but always ended up tailing off at some point.

I'm further with the first one that I've ever been at the moment. Last time I gave up in the Tomb of the Giants, because there's only so many times a man can get murdered in the darkness before he loses all hope. That was the first place I went after getting the lord vessel last time though, so this time I've given it a wide berth and gone to all the other available areas first, which has been good because they're all new areas to me.

I beat Seath the Scaleless a couple of days ago, who was quite easy actually. Those invisible walkways in the Crystal Cave would have fucked me completely were it not for the messages left by other plays though. I also spend fucking HOURS faffing about with the stairs in the Duke's Archives. That was annoying.

I've then had a day off work today and not really been able to tear myself away from it. Twatted the Four Kings, which after some initial confusion was really just an exercise in tanking up and just hacking the fuck out of them as quickly as possible. I've then beaten Ceaseless Discharge (tied with Gaping Dragon for the most disgusting boss name in the game ), Demon Firesage and the Centipede Demon.

I'm currently engaging in a seemingly endless series of suicide runs to try and kill Bed of Chaos, which I've broken away from so I can have moan about to you gentlemen. On paper should be easy because I know exactly what I've got to do but it's just tedious as fuck and he keeps swiping me off the edge. I'm pretty sure I got within seconds of doing it earlier and he hit me with some fire blast that incinerated me on impact, the wanker.

It's definitely doable though. It's just a really weird boss fight. I feel like I've missed out on Lost Izalith a bit as a level because I just ran through most of it. Because, you know, fuck those giant stone dragons or whatever they are that are wandering around down there. I can't be bothered with all that. I'm hoping that when I get out of here and return to the Tomb of the Giants (which I will have to do after this boss fight) I'll be such a walking tank that no amount of spiders, rabid dogs or whatever the fuck else it was that lived down there will be enough to pummel me into submission again.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bed of Chaos is probably the most annoying trick fight. If you're that far, you might as well see it out.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Bed of Chaos is probably the most annoying trick fight. If you're that far, you might as well see it out.
    I did. I turned it back on about half an hour after that post and cracked it first time. Sometimes you just need to leave it alone for a bit I think.

I absolutely blitzed through the Tomb of the Giants too. I guess I was just a lot stronger than the last time I went there. The Zweihander +10 was absolutely flattening everything on site by this point. Nothing posed a threat at all, and Nito was easy.

Gwyn was pretty tough I guess, I would say I got him on maybe the tenth or fifteenth try, something like that? It was just the relentlessness of it that got me initially, he never lets you breathe. You have to constantly be on your toes to get a little bit of wiggle room. In the end he fell victim to being walloped to death by the aforementioned Zweihander and it's two handed heavy attack, just like everybody else before him. God bless that sword.

I loved the atmosphere in that boss fight. All the build up and then the Kiln of the First Flame is basically a burnt out shit hole and he's just sort of this husk of a man just hanging around a decrepit old bonfire. The sad music, the melancholy feel, it just worked very well. It almost made me feel bad for doing him in.

I'm on with the second one now, just got to the Lost Bastille. I think that's what it's called anyway? I killed the Flexile Sentry and took the boat there.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're flying, then. Pursuer took me literal hours, first time around. I need to make my way back through the games again. The Kiln is an awesome area. The ghosts of the knights just wandering across your vision, the Black Knights you can farm for materials and then the boss fight. So good.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're flying, then. Pursuer took me literal hours, first time around. I need to make my way back through the games again. The Kiln is an awesome area. The ghosts of the knights just wandering across your vision, the Black Knights you can farm for materials and then the boss fight. So good.
    Aye, I think playing through the first one and them moving straight into the second has helped a lot. I have dabbled in two before as well. I imagine the Pursuer would be a total pain in the arse that early in the game on a total new players learning curve.

Yeah, the ghosts wandering around as you walk into the Kiln was awesome. Just a great area in general. I didn't relight the flame either because, you know, I've spent the last fifty hours getting my head bashed in over this nonsense, so enough is enough. I'll be on my way, thanks.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Dark Souls. There are no good endings. Only terrible beginnings.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very true. When I left the fire Frampt and all his creepy mates were waiting outside to anoint me as their new lord of darkness and what have you, not good. The sarcastic bloke at Firelink Shrine had it right, I really would have been better rotting in the asylum!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I do like how the story is ultimately a load of vaguely related stuff that just happens, and you sort of have to decide for yourself what's going on. But at the same time the lore appears to be all there if you explore the world enough or pay enough attention. It's very cleverly put together.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you gonna do Bloodborne at some point? Its the best Souls by far.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have a PS4 unfortunately. Although it is tempting for Bloodborne, it looks amazing. In fact, it seems to be shitting on the Xbox One in general when it comes to exclusives in recent years.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, it might wind up on PS Now at some point. Providing your PC can handle streaming it.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I don't have a PS4 unfortunately. Although it is tempting for Bloodborne, it looks amazing. In fact, it seems to be shitting on the Xbox One in general when it comes to exclusives in recent years.
    If you can get hold of a PS4, even as a lend or summat I'll lend you the log in to my Yank account which has Bloodborne and you can play it, but it'd be offline only.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I know for certain about the lore for the first game is how it starts.

Dragons and trees. Then fire. Then blokes come from the darkness, find some powerful souls and are like, "These dragons need to move." So they fight dragons for a bit, win after some interference and the fire starts going out. The Witch of Izalith is like, "I can make fire from my soul so I'll give that a shot." Disastrous repercussions. Gwyn has to clean that up and then decides, "I'll sort this fire problem out."

WORLD FUCKED.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing I know for certain about the lore for the first game is how it starts.

Dragons and trees. Then fire. Then blokes come from the darkness, find some powerful souls and are like, "These dragons need to move." So they fight dragons for a bit, win after some interference and the fire starts going out. The Witch of Izalith is like, "I can make fire from my soul so I'll give that a shot." Disastrous repercussions. Gwyn has to clean that up and then decides, "I'll sort this fire problem out."

WORLD FUCKED.

When the inevitable, remastered repackaging of all three comes along in a couple of years that should go on the back of the box.

Dark Souls 2 (as far as I can tell so far) appears to have nothing to do with the first one, aside from some general "chosen undead" vagary.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    If you can get hold of a PS4, even as a lend or summat I'll lend you the log in to my Yank account which has Bloodborne and you can play it, but it'd be offline only.

The only reason I don't own both, I suppose, is that one would end up gathering dust the majority of the time. Probably the Xbox if I'm honest, and I've had an Xbox of some description for so long that I'm quite attached to it and don't really want that to happen, as daft as that sounds.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You seem to level quite a bit quicker on Dark Souls 2. I think by the time I finished the first one I was about level 85, and it was a slog to gather enough souls to hit the next one. I'm in the 70's already here and I'll still routinely gather enough souls to level a few times in one visit to there Herald. Which is a ball ache, by the way, having the travel back to Majula every time I want to do that.

In other news, I've smashed the Ruin Sentinels and Belfry Gargoyles #2 (this time there are five of them! Bit lazy that, but whatever) to bits. This was achieved, in large part, due to the Craftsman's Hammer being an absolute fucking battering ram of a thing. The longsword can have a rest for a bit, I''m smashing shit to pieces with this fucker for the foreseeable future.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the levelling system works out differently in 2, you can reach wat you'd consider a high level and still find it a challenge. Its probably an offset of Souls 2 being the B team.

However, get agility to 20, wear no armour, and cakewalk the game due to rolling being OP, and the fact you can circle-strafe almost all enemies without fear.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you playing Scholar of the First Sin or just the normal Dark Souls 2 with no DLC?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Pursuer has always been easy (AGL at near 20 here):

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, with the agility I'm fine. I usually don't have it in the pocket, though so I'm cheesing him on the first (well, second) encounter.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you playing Scholar of the First Sin or just the normal Dark Souls 2 with no DLC?
    SotFS. I never played the original Dark Souls 2 minus the DLC, so I'm not entirely sure what the differences are or whether I've yet to stumble into any of the DLC areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Also Pursuer has always been easy (AGL at near 20 here):

DS.

I ran away like a bitch when he turned up here. Literally rolled off the platform in a blind panic and legged it all the way back to the nearest bonfire.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heh tbf on my first ever playthrough he tore me a new one. I've always been a Subro on the Souls games, so end up mastering the bosses as I fight them so often.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Demon's Souls might be the most annoying of the lot. You lose so much ground with a death in that game because they haven't figured out shortcuts yet. My NG+ character got stumped by Phalanx because the fire buff does nothing and he regens his health. Might be the one souls game I never get a second run of.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did we not have a Bloodborne thread? We must have, right? I can't find it though.

Anyway, I bought a PS4 the other week, and that was the only thing I got for it (and one of the main reasons I bought it if I'm honest) so I've been logging quite a bit of time on it. It's very good. It's odd how just by tweaking a couple of the mechanics (namely getting rid of the shield and introducing that feature where you can recover your health by quickly twatting whoever just twatted you) can make for a quite a different game, it's definitely a much more aggressive affair. The gun/parry thing pissed me off no end at first, but I've grown to love it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently had a go at the beginning, the cane/whip thing yu gt early on is one the most fun weapons I've seen.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the only game in the series I actively look to parry.