Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 3

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Buy a console you PC scrub
    Half the PC for half the price and a thousandth of the usefulness. No thanks.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid bite, I'll take it. Liking the game when it works?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid bite, I'll take it. Liking the game when it works?
    Fucking loving it which is making it all the more frustrating. Every time you get on a solid run and think, "I'm owning these cunts" the screen freezes and you get the Microsoft Windows version of 'YOU HAVE DIED'

And the game needs that 15 minutes of warm-up, it reminds me of playing Starcraft 2. First game doesn't count. If I play perfectly I win, if I don't I have to react increasingly weirdly to repair the situation and sometimes my reactions cause me to die even faster/when I wouldn't die at all. Sometimes the opposition fucks up in the face of a win. It's the same rush. It's incredible.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    18GB
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I need some DEX. Missing one more boss fight but I beat that axe-swinging fatty near the Vordt door.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Man, I need some DEX. Missing one more boss fight but I beat that axe-swinging fatty near the Vordt door.
    Assuming we're talking about the same guy, I spent about ten minutes (and wasted load of firebombs) throwing shit at him from the roof.

He didn't even drop anything in the end, and he re-spawned.

I'll tell you who I really want to get, that quick bastard with the big sword hanging around outside Firelink to the left. He's so fucking fast though.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You get a good reward for doing him in. Hes mainly there to help you learn the parry system.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you still parry when playing two handed or no?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Can you still parry when playing two handed or no?
    I don't parry so no idea. I'm guessing you can with certain weapons.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you can party two handed at all, as far as I'm aware you need something in the left hand capable of doing the parrying move.

Whether you can get a shield out, parry, quickly switch to two handed and then riposte, I'm not sure.

Parrying seems a lot harder to time in this one anyway. I think anyway.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I don't think you can party two handed at all.
    I've been doing that all my life bro

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't parry with my favoured shield anyway. It opts for a ground pound.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've fixed the crashing by restarting as a Knight. What a dumb game.

I raised the banner and am now somewhere else. I really don't like the Souls mechanic though. I wish there was a better way, maybe not just keep the souls from your last death or whatever. Each death location would have the amount of souls you died with. It's just really frustrating to lose what feels like well earned progress because this time the camera janked out and you got stuck rolling into boxes non stop.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've restarted. 11 hours in, hit a wall.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm around the area of the massive tree that seems to be invincible. Apparently he's optional but you need to do it to turn souls into weapons or something?

Is it worth doing? It seems really tedious.

edit: I'm in the undead settlement and my R2 does 149 damage, every enemy has 150 hp but I need 4k to level up. It's annoying.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm at the same point as you phonics. The tree seems very doable on paper, he's big and slow there's room to manoeuvre. It's just that having to hit him in the right places coupled with navigating the undead village wankers who flock around him is a ball ache. It's not a very fun boss fight at all. Even when I was getting torn to shreds by the ice dog thing in the High Wall area it was at least an exhilarating experience.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, I've upgraded that Ugitimarhu thing you get from the bloke Alex mentioned next to the shrine. I'd forgot you needed to teleport to the High Wall when you first start so was running round like a mentalist for 20 minutes, stumbled across him and did him in on my first try. I absolutely love the move set, the R2 has a wind up but if you get your distances right you can hit someone from half the room away.

149 damage though, fucking annoying.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you got any titanite that you can upgrade it with?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you got any titanite that you can upgrade it with?
    Yeah I did it once which is what pumped me up to there. Need 2 more shards to get it to +2.

I talked to one of these guys with a rock on their back and he said he didn't die and turn into a statue like he was supposed to and would join my team. However, I haven't seen him since, what's going on? Who's the bloke at Firelink Shrine who's all sad that we're shit and have to fight the lords of cinder? Everyone else seems to have a purpose.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the tree just run in and roll. Ignore the other fuckers. Its weak point are those little bubble things hanging all over its body and hands. Get your vigor to about 22-24 relatively early as in this health is important, shit hits very hard later.

I'm about 6 bosses down, all first go HYPE. I've got one path to take now, rocking a Butcher's Knife +4 which does about 240 damage per hit, and a Large Club +3
    infused with that gem that improves STR scaling so its at A scaling now. Can only get three hits off before stamina depletes but its hitting for about 320 damage.

About Level 55 or so as I'm spending nearly all my souls on levelling right now. High STR and VIG, and improved VIT/END and a couple points in DEX, plus one wasted point in Attunement.

One boss battle is up there with the best of Souls, absolutely fucking brutal if you can't time your roll.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that the
    Toggle Spoiler

That fight is nuts. I dunno how I'll get past that. The Tree's fine as soon as he hits his second phase. Back to almost where I was now.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Shindig. I got lucky as

Toggle Spoiler

Seriously amazing fight.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just know somewhere someone is trying a pacifist run of that first phase. Found Crystal Sage last night. Turns out I missed a bonfire. Just solo'd another boss. Managed to +4 a weapon due to some crystal lizards dropping large shards.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I'm glad that fight's done. That first phase is key to surviving that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really like the previous build and it was bugging me so I re-started earlier today (I blame Shinners for planting that seed ) and things have gone a lot better so far.

I've fucked the Herald off (I think I was throwing away too many initial stat points in areas I couldn't care less about) and just gone for a Knight again. I've taken DS's very sound advice about loading in on Vigour early on and tanked my way through to the Cathedral of the Deep, basically blunt forcing the shit out of anyone/thing that gotten in my way, Fire Longsword + 3 being the current bludgeoning tool of choice.

I'm confident that I pretty much cleaned out High Wall and Undead Settlement but I think there might be quite a bit still to find in the Road of Sacrifices. I felt like I got through that area a bit quickly.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm absolutely lost in the Undead Settlement, I'm just running round in circles, everywhere connects to each other and I'm just arriving back at other bonfires. I found an elevator once and a guy that looked like an onion but I've got no idea where it was.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Onion bro is a boss. If you do his quest he'll be valuable, guy is tanky as fuck.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching some of the stuff on DSP's channel to see a) how shit he is and b) how easy the unpatched Japanese version was.

He gets through the toughest boss at the second attempt and still has time to sit around going, "DEWD, THEY'RE FIGHTING EACH OTHER! AG-AH-AG-AG" <seal clap> Its going to make editing a This is How You Don't Play very difficult.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but seriously, what general direction am I supposed to head in. I walked around in a circle for three hours yesterday.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but seriously, what general direction am I supposed to head in. I walked around in a circle for three hours yesterday.
    I've you're after the next area then you want to go back to that tower with the elevator (where you found the onion knight) and take the elevator down. Through there is where you're headed.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But where is that elevator? I figured I had to go there but I couldn't find it. Same with the sewer, I went there once and I cheesed the shit out of a rat that couldn't climb ladders. I just get lost.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pay attention to your surroundings and the world lay out. Its part of the game, you're never gonna get a Far Cry map to help you out.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start from the last bonfire you unlocked.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But where is that elevator? I figured I had to go there but I couldn't find it. Same with the sewer, I went there once and I cheesed the shit out of a rat that couldn't climb ladders. I just get lost.
    Go to the "Dilapidated Bridge" bonfire, cross the bridge on the right as you spawn and go through the door to the sewers (assuming you opened it from the other side when you were in there last), down the ladder, right through all the rats and up the ladder at the other end to exit the sewer. Then there should be a bridge in front of you with three of those big bastards with the saws and giant pots at the other side. Cross that bridge, follow the path round to the left and up the hill. That's where the tower with the elevator is.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cathedral of the Deep done. First try on the boss, too. Level 38.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go to the "Dilapidated Bridge" bonfire, cross the bridge on the right as you spawn and go through the door to the sewers (assuming you opened it from the other side when you were in there last), down the ladder, right through all the rats and up the ladder at the other end to exit the sewer. Then there should be a bridge in front of you with three of those big bastards with the saws and giant pots at the other side. Cross that bridge, follow the path round to the left and up the hill. That's where the tower with the elevator is.
    So I somehow managed to get to the elevator without going through the sewers the last time, I have no idea how I managed it. In frustration at my lack of progress, I bought the Gate Key from the lady and went through the sewer to progress somewhere and came out at the elevator. I couldn't believe it. I then proceeded to get from there all the way to opening the massive door with the 3 towers. I made a mental amount of progress. Then just to finish off I went and killed off that big tree thing with absolute ease. What a satisfying night of Dark Soulsing.

One question I did ask is about the 'Warrior that lays ahead' (There's 2 of them, one has a big sword and the other has some sort of club)

Toggle Spoiler

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I usually get done by one so I don't see that situation out.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Abyss Watcher. Lol. Just lol. That's that, I'm never playing Dark Souls again shit.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All that boasting early days and now this. Man up lad

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can do the normal bit (just) but that second phase is an absolute monster. I've got in 3 hits total over 12 tries.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not got that much health on him. He just goes a bit loco. He's like Artorias. On fire. Also, how have I missed all three bonfires in the area after that fight?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roll into attacks, which leads you behind the guy. As/when/if he does more than one attack just roll into those. Check stamina, patience, get in one or two hits, rinse and repeat. Its just ultra aggressive, but having played Bloodborne helps with that.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still not played this but the more I read, the more I'm put off. Will give it a blast over the weekend probably. Any tips for complete beginners?
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have enough for a level, run back to the bonfire and cash in.
    Learn enemy attack patterns.
    If you see an item, go for it. There's no shame in a suicide run.
    Explore everywhere.
    At some point souls won't matter.
    Know your stamina meter. Its crucial to how you can move and by how much.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roll into attacks, which leads you behind the guy. As/when/if he does more than one attack just roll into those. Check stamina, patience, get in one or two hits, rinse and repeat. Its just ultra aggressive, but having played Bloodborne helps with that.
    I actually beat it without reading this, I managed to get off about 6 lucky backstabs. I've unlocked his weapon and it's actually a lot of fun to use considering I'm not a big fan of the slow swords, it seems to stun them half the time I hit them.

I'm now in a section with constantly respawning skeletons.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're catching up to me. I am in murder town. Found an optional area too. Complete with optional boss and optional deaths.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, that was almost it for me. Finally got through it with some prodding from a walkthrough.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King of Murder Town was fun. I also beat Demon Throwback. His arena makes me think they've all got the assets ready for a Dark Souls Remastered.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a load of irl shit going on so not touched this in a week. The itch is real.