User Tag List

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2KXX Games Thread

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is coming to PS+ next week, so I might join you in here for a bit. Haven't played a basketball game in ages

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on the NBA, I started a game with the Lakers about a week ago. All-Star difficulty with Sim Difficulty on 65, which is a nice balance I feel.

This is the roster:

LeBron is obviously amazing, but Anthony Davis is much better than I ever realised from the handful of times I'd used him before. That was fairly early on from when I picked the game up and now I know how to play it a bit more and use him properly, it's really apparent he has pretty much everything.

The rest of the roster is much of a muchness, with a fair bit of age in there and with the Lakers picks decimated for the next five years and the big two taking up so much of the wage cap it'd actually be quite a decent rebuild once you lose LeBron to retirement. Davis' contract sort of expires at the end of the year as he has a player option for next year and that's it. He usually stays from previous experience in other saves, but we'll see.

25 games in (which I've played around 12 minutes+ of each) and we're top of the West, although not by any sort of convincing margin and none of the teams in it are above 70%. Out West the Bucks are smashing shit up with a 22-2 record so far. We play them for the first time this season in 3 games time so it'll be an interesting barometer of where we are.

Player stats of the starting 5.

The Award Races tab hasn't shown up yet, but I suspect James will be in with a strong shout of leading the running for MVP. And talking of James, he's also within 200 points of Kobe's tally now.

He broke it in real life on 25th Jan 2020 and I as I still have 8 games to play in 2019 he should manage it earlier and by the end of the year if he stays free of injury.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 04-07-2020 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your stats seem far more realistic now so seems like you've got your settings right. You need to blood Kuzma for his rating to go up.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember you raving about the statistical aspect of this in the FIFA thread, Yev. If that's the aspect you're most interested in you'd probably enjoy a baseball game, if anyone is making a decent one these days. They have a million different stats, most of which are fairly new but because they're largely just the result of various mathematic formulas applied to old ones they can be calculated for old players and compared.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They actually just put the new Baseball Management sim out on Gamepass. You can aim starting from any season ever.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Downside is you have to play Baseball though

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's got to be something I'm at least vaguely interested in.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We win @ the Bucks, 109-87 and are now on a 5 win streak to take us to 21-8 at the top of the West.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is free on PS+ now so got it downloading. Will give it a go over the weekend. Used to love NBA Jam and whatever it was on the Dreamcast

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    80gb for fuck sake.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starting a MyLeague as the Bulls. Holy fuck there are a lot of settings in this.
    @Yevrah - is there a decent beginner's guide out there? Ideally with recommended sliders etc. if you have no idea what you're doing

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard.

I'm a bit pissed now, but happy to give a detailed post tomorrow. One thing I would say, in my experience at least, is that the online community/advice is piss poor compared to FIFA.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I'd suggest doing a run through of a season and off-season while knowing nothing as it'll help put any advice you do see into context.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The NBA 2k community is the pits.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers. I got The Fear yesterday and sacked it off without even playing a game. I mean, I love a menu but jesus wept there's a lot of shit you can fiddle with in there. I just want to score some slam dunks and play as Michael Jordan!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exhilarating to save the day, but quickly realised that there was no timing meter for the shot so it's scripted the drama completely. Bit shafted by that

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Cheers. I got The Fear yesterday and sacked it off without even playing a game. I mean, I love a menu but jesus wept there's a lot of shit you can fiddle with in there. I just want to score some slam dunks and play as Michael Jordan!
    Stick a short season of 14 games on, on Pro and don't change anything else. That'll get you into it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Download sliders, Raoul. Just select the most downloaded one and go with that.

I started a MyLeague with Golden State last night and the gameplay feels nice. An improvement over the recent editions I would say.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $9 on Steam right now. Might have to give it a try.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wullie View Post

Exhilarating to save the day, but quickly realised that there was no timing meter for the shot so it's scripted the drama completely. Bit shafted by that
    Are you playing MyPlayer Wullie? How is it, I hated how much story stuff 2k19 had before you got into the actual game.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Downloaded 2k20 and MyCareer opens with an advertisement for MyCareer by their social media team that you can’t skip so we’re off to a great start.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to the first game and it got stuck in a repeated animation for 7 minutes until I alt+f4'd the game.

Going great so far.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rebooting and I have to watch the credits again which is just a series of basketball players. No one that actually worked on it.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got an A- on my first game and then half way through I got a cutscene where some other player got injured. They’ve fundamentally misunderstood why MyCareer was good.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair play the acting in said cutscenes that annoy the shit out of me is really, really good.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I downloaded this on PS earlier. Played the game to the point where that lad got injured. Isnt this literally the same story as a few years ago?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Are you playing MyPlayer Wullie? How is it, I hated how much story stuff 2k19 had before you got into the actual game.
    It's nowhere near as wacky or dramatic this time thankfully. You fall out with Idris Elba over an injured team-mate and Winston from New Girl shows up as a camp barber but otherwise it's fairly restrained, no pals that you hope will get killed or anything this time out

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    * Maybe the agent actually, he's actually fine but has that layer of slime that comes with the job.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can barely understand what the French bloke says.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you already know but you can press and hold A to skip the cut scenes.
    Also, you can avoid the whole pre-NBA story by heading straight to the neighbourhood.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but they fuck with your stats that way.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone else find the neighbourhood laggy? I played a couple of games last night and it was stuttering all the time.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at these extended cut scenes about what Nike means to people is so funny.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol 2k servers are fucked so I can't play a fucking single player game.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no respect for the story they were trying to tell and the characters they created when I started playing and the acting was so good that I made a complete u-turn into enjoying those same characters. Then the game ends by LeBron welcoming you to the league like it’s some weird mafia thing to play basketball.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had Steam Wallet money from refunding a game and since I only spent 9 quid on it, used it on VC.

Gonna roleplay that my character got on roids after struggling for the first part of the season.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finishes the base story and got into the league on my career last night.

We might have a new nickname on the player this year but half of this crap was rehashed. I knew a majority of what was coming.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Finishes the base story and got into the league on my career last night.

We might have a new nickname on the player this year but half of this crap was rehashed. I knew a majority of what was coming.
    Garbage man for life.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shake 'n' Bake reporting for duty

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This game is almost absolutely unplayable on PC.

You'll remember I noted the MyCareer was unplayable on the pirated version, meaning it has to hit a server check to present you the option of MyCareer. However, this server check happens AT EVERY LOAD SCREEN. So imagine you go into a game, it server checks, plays the 2kTV loading screen, server check, begins shootaround, server check, half time, server check, full time server check, post match interview, server check. This would be fine but THE 2K SERVERS DON'T WORK QUITE ALOT BECAUSE THEIR SERVERS ARE BEING DDOS'D BY CONSTANT SERVER CHECKS so you sit in constant loading screens.

I've never been able to play Game/Team Practice/Game/Team Practice without the servers crashing and having to reboot the game.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried giving this ago as it's free but the My Career mode is unbearable, I don't give a fuck the story.

Then I gave My League ago and I bowed out when they cut to the 'studio' and then had a half time show with a guy on A BMX.

It's completely unplayable, let me play the game without a million cut scenes.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story bollocks falls off pretty quicky.

Watching The Last Dance at the same time of playing this was a mistake. The Bulls are tragic. Doesnt help I am crap but christ we are terrible.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MyTeam is effectively done right now so I've been quickselling what I don't need and then buying packs. The packs in store right now cost 17.5k MT and they guarantee a Galaxy Opal (a 99) but because the market is fucked there are only 4 that will make you some money.

I got probably the most expensive one. Easily the best pull I've had all year.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After restarting the career I've finished my first full season with the Pacers, 49-33 record with every game played and no skips, I did skip training a lot though so have missed out on a fair amount of attribute boosts. Scored my 1000th point in the last regular game which seems like it should be loads but I realised that's quite a low-scoring season in basketball. Hardest opponents I've faced directly are John Wall at the Wizards who had me in his pocket each game and Trae Young at the Hawks. Easiest were whoever plays PG for Orlando and Charlotte who I bullied and unexpectedly, Steph Curry who must have been in awe of my cocky stride. Best player overall I've seen is Giannis who is an absolute bulldozer, so starting the Playoffs drawn against the Bucks is a shitter. On the plus side I've got my own Gatorade bottle, all the adidas Superstars I can fit in a suitcase and will be on the cover of NBA 2K21, I assume in place of the Black Mamba special edition cover.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2k20 was £3.20 on Steam

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not surprised. I gave up on career mode as the game literally kept crashing whenever I attempted to go to the neighbourhood (required for training). Bullshit game.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They always discount it down to a few pounds, that's their strategy.

It generates them quite a bit at a time when no one is usually buying the game as a new one is around the corner.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've sent us a copy of 2K21 to review. Steam user reviews are currently sitting at 2/10. I'm still waiting for the rest of it to download but had a fiddle in training. I still can't really defend. My general plan is try and put them off shooting for as long as possible. And the right stick tricks still have a tendency to lock you into shooting when all you want to do is juke, switch sides of do a pirouette. Shooting feels off. Seems like your timing has to be perfect, rather than good enough. I'll probably get used to it but it doesn't feel like that'll work in the heat of competition.

I'll probably get used to it but it would be nice for me to actually get on with one of these without having to slam the sliders down. Still looks nice but then that's a given with 2K.

Yeah, those steam reviews are angry but are they angry because they spend all their time in the more predatory modes or are they miffed at the fundamental basketball?
    Last edited by Shindig; 05-09-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    They've sent us a copy of 2K21 to review. Steam user reviews are currently sitting at 2/10. I'm still waiting for the rest of it to download but had a fiddle in training. I still can't really defend. My general plan is try and put them off shooting for as long as possible. And the right stick tricks still have a tendency to lock you into shooting when all you want to do is juke, switch sides of do a pirouette. Shooting feels off. Seems like your timing has to be perfect, rather than good enough. I'll probably get used to it but it doesn't feel like that'll work in the heat of competition.

I'll probably get used to it but it would be nice for me to actually get on with one of these without having to slam the sliders down. Still looks nice but then that's a given with 2K.

Yeah, those steam reviews are angry but are they angry because they spend all their time in the more predatory modes or are they miffed at the fundamental basketball?
    I played a little today and this is the thing that always get me. So frustrating.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have absolutely no idea why they'd set one area of controls to do two things. It's so dumb.