Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the most insightful thing he's ever written.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone relatively new to Twitter it doesn't matter a jot to me. I did have to create a new account though as I waded in far too soon with following things. It was too difficult to keep up.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just dip in and out whenever. If there's an account where I want to see every tweet then I'll set up notifications.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of a late bump but it's the only Twitter thread I can find.

The impressions is the important one and that means people who have seen the tweets, right? Does anyone have much experience using it so I can maximise the tweets? I've read so many contrasting things about the hashtags, too many mean it gets viewed as spam, emoji's are good and bad etc. Anyone with a bit more experience on social media so I don't have to be so active to get my message across?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The key seems to be to keep it short and finish the tweet with a single defining word. Simple.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much shorter can you be with the character limit? I have to include certain hashtags regardless, mostly the hashtag that's trying to raise awareness, with the MPs local area hash tagged too, whilst linking the MP and whatever I'm saying?

There's just got to be an easier way?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call people cunts.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nearly 7,500 tweets since June(ish) and I reckon I can count on one hand the amount of times I've sworn.

I prefer the kill 'em with kindness approach.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decent numbers already though.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Bit of a late bump but it's the only Twitter thread I can find.

The impressions is the important one and that means people who have seen the tweets, right? Does anyone have much experience using it so I can maximise the tweets? I've read so many contrasting things about the hashtags, too many mean it gets viewed as spam, emoji's are good and bad etc. Anyone with a bit more experience on social media so I don't have to be so active to get my message across?
    Impressions are false. Mentions and profile visits are really impressive. It basically means for every tweet you did, at least 4 people were interested enough to click onto your timeline. That’s really good.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anything more I can be doing to increase that? It's pretty much been trial and error but this month I've been able to rattle things out a lot more due to being back in lockdown and with the furlough scheme ending, I want to try and capture as many of those who are about to get fucked themselves.

I've got a few MPs who retweet me quite often which might be helping and that's why I've tried to refrain from being abusive or insulting. Just tried sticking to facts with verified figures etc. Perhaps point me in the right direction if you're more aware than me?

Best video I did has nearly 16,000 views but that's been up for 11 days now and I don't know if that's good or not.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tease middle and upper middle class white women in your area.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are no middle or upper class people in Tim's area.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What he said.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter is asking me if I want to manage notifications. Whoop.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame phonics can't manage any roflmao.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really a stupid thing.

1. Someone says a stupid thing.
    2. I respond.
    3. People like that response.
    4. People then reply to the original poster in an attempt to get blocked by them.

It's a shark tank of idiots.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s an arrow top right. Just hit mute conversation.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never. I need those engagements. 18 people looked at my profile which means I could probably put something in it. Patrick Klepek didn't block me which was nice of him.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just means you don’t get the notifications about it. Maybe you’re intrigued. I had a week of Turkish people telling me to kill myself so might be different. My two records so far are Turkey wanting me to die working out in 1.2million impressions and a 2 minute photoshop resulting in 1.6 million impressions.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had death threats on facebook before. I just found it hilarious.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't sure where to put this, but seeing as I read it via twitter here we go. For some reason, I found this fascinating. Appreciate it's a bit macabre, but thought I'd share it.

This transcript between the pilots in the Air France 447 crash is really tragic, when they realise they’ve messed up and it’s too late to save themselves:

https://t.co/g0nDDO4JRg

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting read and I'm only part way through, but this struck me:

Human judgments, of course, are never made in a vacuum. Pilots are part of a complex system that can either increase or reduce the probability that they will make a mistake. After this accident, the million-dollar question is whether training, instrumentation, and cockpit procedures can be modified all around the world so that no one will ever make this mistake again—or whether the inclusion of the human element will always entail the possibility of a catastrophic outcome
    I mean, I'd suggest as a starter for 10, not letting this happen during storms:

At 2:02 am, the captain leaves the flight deck to take a nap. Within 15 minutes, everyone aboard the plane will be dead

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this the one where the men at the controls were cancelling each other out? My personal favourite is a one from Russia where the pilot let his nephew have a go. Straight into the ground.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was indeed. Terrifying, but fascinating read.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My "favourite" was the one where 2 planes had different versions of TCAS and rather than being directed away from each other, both pilots were given the same instructions until they ended up smashing into each other. A bit of a design flaw imo.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Interesting read and I'm only part way through, but this struck me:

I mean, I'd suggest as a starter for 10, not letting this happen during storms:
    Yes somewhat of an odd decision. But my take away from it was that the junior co pilot consistently made mistakes. To the point he clearly should not have had any control of that plane. Caveat, I'm sure we'd all panic like fuck in that situation as well.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Is this the one where the men at the controls were cancelling each other out? My personal favourite is a one from Russia where the pilot let his nephew have a go. Straight into the ground.
    That one is also an interesting read. Transcripts can be read here. The panic that comes across is intense.

https://tailstrike.com/database/23-m...-aeroflot-593/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tam...outputType=amp

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The panic is always the thing that kind of gets me. Whenever pilots talk about their work, it's so routine, so orderly. I guess for 99.9% of the time, it is.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like driving I guess. You forget you're doing 70 mph with only a balloon and a bit of strapping for protection, but the realisation hits you quick enough when something nearly goes wrong.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had to watch a safety video looking at the Staines Air Disaster and essentially the takeaway was they reckoned the old fella was distracted due to a union row before takeoff and none of the junior men wanted to correct his error, so they all died instead

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    It's like driving I guess. You forget you're doing 70 mph with only a balloon and a bit of strapping for protection, but the realisation hits you quick enough when something nearly goes wrong.
    This. The amount of times I find myself daydreaming whilst driving and then have to mentally slap myself for not paying enough attention.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you enjoy this sort of stuff, then checkout this guy's subreddit - he has dozens of in depth articles about air disasters, and they're fascinating to read.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AdmiralCloudberg/

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    We had to watch a safety video looking at the Staines Air Disaster and essentially the takeaway was they reckoned the old fella was distracted due to a union row before takeoff and none of the junior men wanted to correct his error, so they all died instead
    Sounds like Chernobyl at altitude.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume everyone's seen the video of that Hank hill sounding bloke successfully landing the plane when the pilot died?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think boats sinking is almost more terrifying, I was listening to stuff about shipwrecks for a while a few years ago and it was mad how one bad wave or poor decision would sink even massive ships.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    If you enjoy this sort of stuff.
    Kinky fucker.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah Bonin, one of the great Frenchmen of modern times. You can only imagine the look on the face of the other two when he dropped the "I've been pulling back the whole time lol" bombshell. Pretty much guess that was the look as they went into the sea.

Still reckon having the co-pilot suicide the plane into a mountain whilst the captain tries to axe his way back into the cockpit is the most traumatic way to go out ion a plane.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I think boats sinking is almost more terrifying, I was listening to stuff about shipwrecks for a while a few years ago and it was mad how one bad wave or poor decision would sink even massive ships.
    I know it's the go to for sinking ships, but every few years I read about the Titanic in detail again, and everything about it is absolutely insane. Here's just one bloke, who somehow survived:

Lightoller opted to abandon his post to escape the growing crowds, and dived into the water from the roof of the officers' quarters. He was sucked into the mouth of a ventilation shaft but was blown clear by "a terrific blast of hot air" and emerged next to the capsized lifeboat. The forward funnel collapsed under its own weight, crushing several people, including Charles Duane Williams, as it fell into the water and only narrowly missing the lifeboat. It closely missed Lightoller and created a wave that washed the boat 50 yards clear of the sinking ship.

With a temperature of −2 °C (28 °F), the water was lethally cold. Second Officer Lightoller described the feeling of "a thousand knives" being driven into his body as he entered the sea. Sudden immersion into freezing water typically causes death within minutes, either from cardiac arrest, uncontrollable breathing of water, or cold incapacitation (not, as commonly believed, from hypothermia); almost all of those in the water died of cardiac arrest or other bodily reactions to freezing water within 15–30 minutes.
    He then goes on to man one of the little ships at the Dunkirk evacuation 33 years later. Fuck living in the first half of the twentieth century.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatever happened on MH370 must've been intense.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Ah Bonin, one of the great Frenchmen of modern times. You can only imagine the look on the face of the other two when he dropped the "I've been pulling back the whole time lol" bombshell. Pretty much guess that was the look as they went into the sea.
    I still blame the captain for going for a kip whilst flying into a storm.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I know it's the go to for sinking ships, but every few years I read about the Titanic in detail again, and everything about it is absolutely insane. Here's just one bloke, who somehow survived:

He then goes on to man one of the little ships at the Dunkirk evacuation 33 years later. Fuck living in the first half of the twentieth century.
    Yeah it is crazy. This is what I was listening to, might do them again https://www.magic.co.nz/home/archive...s-archive.html

Apparently there was a ship near the titanic when it sunk that alledgedly ignored the distress signals, the captain was tried for dereliction of duty.

There was an interesting renactment of the distress call log with AI floating around a while ago.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That might still be on youtube. It was weird being on a ferry a couple of years back and passing the spot the Miracle on the Hudson happened.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter is down as well, no?

That's Twitter, FB, Gram, WhatsApp. The Russian's are playing silly buggers...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baz needs to start handing out those TTH cards, it's our time to shine lads

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been fucking nice to have no Whatsapp for 6 hours ngl. Be interested to hear of the stories of this, some are gonna be hit hard by it.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter is fine. Looks like a network issue somewhere at Facebook. With all the shit going on there at the moment you wonder if it's malicious

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck sake, I'm not reading that, take a break from sending Spikey your cock pics in ASCII using SMS and give us a breakdown.